Grammy's to Stage 3-D Tribute To Michael Jackson
January 28, 2010, 11:56:08 AM
Here is an article I just saw in my local paper.  I am going to highlight a few things.  I almost threw it away.  I had to chuckle at the last part. I am typing verbatim from the paper. __________________________________________________________________

Michael Jackson will be a focal point of this year's Grammys award show, with an unprecedented posthumous tribute.  The Grammys will broadcast a 3-D clip the singer made for his hit "Earth Song", a video that was to be integral to his comeback concerts in London but never happened because of his death.

Usher, Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, and Smokey Robinson will perform alongside the clip, which will be the first time an awards show will feature 3-D.

"Whenever we would do a show with (Jackson), the first thing he would say to me was, ' How can we do something we (have) never done before? And now we're doing something that hasn't been done before," said Ken Ehrlich, the Grammy telecast's co-executive producer, who worked with Jackson for almost 30 years.

Ehrlich produced the televised memorial to Jackson to last year. He was with the singer the night before he died----and that's when he first saw the 3-D clip of "Earth Song".  

While a part of the clip was shown in the recent movie documentary, "This Is It," Ehrlich says the Grammys will show the full piece in 3-D.  When he saw it with Jackson that night, Ehrlich said the singer was moved to tears.

Ehrlich decided to use the five-minute 3-D clip at the Grammys to produce a show-stopper worthy of Jackson , who provided the awards show with some of its most memorable moments, including his then-historic eight Grammys wins in 1984.

"The promise is this is going to be pretty spectacular," he said.  Viewers can get free 3-D "Grammy" glasses from Target stores nationwide through Jan. 31, when the 52nd annual Grammy Awards will air live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles on CBS.  Ehrlich says TV viewers can see the clip without the glasses, but won't see the 3-D effect.

Jackson will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Recording Academy during the show.

"This is the one award from us that Michael never received," said Recording Academy President and CEO, Neil Portnow.

[color=#000080]Portnow said he expected Jackson's family to be in the audience but their attendance hasn't been confirmed.
[/color]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Raven

It was just in the media that MJ's children will be asked to perform at the Grammy's
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Portnow said he expected Jackson's family to be in the audience but their attendance hasn't been confirmed.

Yeah, I read somewhere on the post about the children but this is media right?  :)
It's interesting that it says that their attendance has not been confirmed...hmmmm.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Infinitylady"
Portnow said he expected Jackson's family to be in the audience but their attendance hasn't been confirmed.

Yeah, I read somewhere on the post about the children but this is media right?  :)
It's interesting that it says that their attendance has not been confirmed...hmmmm.

Maybe it's because neither has their father's.. [:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

what do you make of this tweet.. she is the manager or something to do withe the jackson show..

jodigomes    Rec'd 100's of Tweets bout Prince/Paris Grammys. Pls let THEM do what's in their hearts for their dad.No one knows MJ's intent better. Luv
about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck
Reply Retweet
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kirsche

Quote from: "lisap27"
what do you make of this tweet.. she is the manager or something to do withe the jackson show..

jodigomes    Rec'd 100's of Tweets bout Prince/Paris Grammys. Pls let THEM do what's in their hearts for their dad.No one knows MJ's intent better. Luv
about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck
Reply Retweet

Hm..don't know ...maybe she's really just defending them..We don't know what has been tweeted about the Paris/Prince/Grammys-thing
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions