regarding the TII dancers/auditions?
January 28, 2010, 09:14:35 PM
Hello everyone,
okay this has been bugging me for the longest time. i don't really know all those names or anything but i do know one of them. Chucky. I understand that he's been on disney channel films which are directed by kenny and/or choreographed by kenny. the thing that's bugginng me is that if the auditions were even real. when he (chucky) auditioned for TII did he get lucky or was this part of the plan (the movie maybe)?
it's hard to imagine that he actually went through the whole process to audition and everything giving the fact that he's worked with kenny. idk it's hard to explain. sorry.  :oops:
just a thought, has anybody heard of these TII auditions? (i kinda live around the LA area and i don't remember hearing about it, sorry)  :?

idk well if you have any info please tell me.  ;)

Thanks for taking time to read it. <3
Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:03:35 PM by this.is.jess.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
To escape the world I\'ve got to enjoy that simple dance
And it seemed that everything was on my side <333

ejay

Re: Regarding the TII Dancers/auditions?
January 28, 2010, 09:24:20 PM
heres some rehearsal footage. there's a clip at about 43 seconds that says the auditions took place  April 13th.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: regarding the TII dancers/auditions?
January 30, 2010, 08:08:40 PM
It has been begging me for a long time, too. I heard Travis Payne state they had 5,000 people auditioning for TII. 5,000 became 3,000 then 1300 and 11.   How could they audition they many in a short of time and have rehearsals. MJ himself said it takes the dancers a while to learn his steps. When did they have time to set up the stage, have costumes made, etc. I feel this had to be done at 2 years ahead of time. I didn't see anything on the internet of auditions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 30, 2010, 08:39:10 PM
I was thinking sort of along the same lines today.  Does anyone in the L.A. area remember hearing about rehearsels at The Staples Center?  I mean surely that in itself would have been BIG NEWS.  People would be haunting the place to get just a glimpse of MJ coming and going surely.  I live  in Pa.on the side of the world, so I of course would not have heard any thing.
karralyn
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tereza

January 30, 2010, 08:42:43 PM
You're right, I was also questioning this...
I think the auditions shown in the movie were fake.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Zen

January 30, 2010, 09:20:49 PM
Good post.
Out of 5,000 or even 3,000..have we heard from anyone who tried out and didn't make
it?   This would be a BIG deal to even be able to TRY OUT.  
So, even if they did not make it, they would have their story to tell and it could be
interesting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tereza

January 30, 2010, 09:24:12 PM
Yeah, that's a great point actually!
I didn't even think of that!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

January 30, 2010, 09:39:13 PM
great point! i was thinking the same!
i read in some death hoax site, at the beggining of all this. that the auditinos was in april but not a staples... i think that at the end of the movie say something about it... i donยดt have the mnovie yet!
and other thing: the rehearsals were at staples for about 2 months?
if this is true, non other events coul be done at the staples betwen april to june... :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

January 31, 2010, 05:04:49 AM
My point exactly, I agree with you all.  LA is my county and I do remember the O2 announcements being on TV but not hearing about the try outs.  
I also think it takes more than a month to memorize a dance number. (trust me I know) it takes us like 2 1/2 to only do one.(well to make it perfect)
And yes events at staples, what a hassle it must of been.
 :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
To escape the world I\'ve got to enjoy that simple dance
And it seemed that everything was on my side <333

January 31, 2010, 05:47:22 AM
There was a dancer from my country who were at the casting auditions.. He made it to be in the final twenty I think.. I saw him on the news at that time. His name is Sonny Fredie Pedersen. He lives in LA. So there has been some casting of dancers from all over the world - though 5000 dancers seems a lot it is possible.
But true.. It is a little odd that several of the TII dancers have worked with Ortega in High School Musical. And others have been working on Janets tours!

According to michaeljackson.com You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 'Chucky'  did work at the HSM
For his work on Disney's "High School Musical," Klapow won an Emmy Awardยฎ for Outstanding Choreography

About Tyne:
Her dance career began with the High School Musical Concert Tour. After that she danced in HSM 2

Nick Bass:
He went on to dance and be an additional choreographer on Justin's "Future,Sex,Love show" tour  and was an additional choreographer on Janet Jackson's "Rock Witchu" tour

Misha Gabriel :
Gabriel danced for Janet for over three years appearing in numerous videos, TV shows, and live performances
also..
He co-choreographed a number for Justin Timberlake's Future Sex Love Show
meaning he has worked with Nick Bass earlier.

This is probably already mentioned in the TII section on the board but due to this discussion - yes, I think i kindda unevens the competion for other dancers participation in a cast if they knew them already?  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~ Albert E.

January 31, 2010, 07:26:36 AM
Great points! I've been thinking about the lack of time as well... This was going to be a massive show and it just seems like everything was rushed. Very strange considering Michael being the ultimate perfectionist... Besides, they hadn't even rehearsed in London yet! They would have to build the stage and set everything up in London, idk but it seems like they'd have needed more time. Then again, I'm not sure how it works since I'm not in that business  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 31, 2010, 05:19:52 PM
Wow - great discussion.  I didn't know about the dancers' past relationships with Janet and Kenny.  I have wondered often about the lack of prep time.  It just didn't seem like enough time to properly rehearse and I keep wondering why they would build such a massive stage in California only to have to ship it to London.  They could have done their rehearsals in London much easier. I know the discussion about Michael's family being close and all, but he's used to being away from them for long periods of time. I think we need to look more at the dancers and the fact that they STILL have a 2 year contract in place.  Shoot - Michael's staff was supposedly fired before he reached the hospital, but the dancers are still under contract 7 months later? Hmm...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Zen

February 01, 2010, 01:35:43 AM
by TinkerbellStardust ยป Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:47 am
There was a dancer from my country who were at the casting auditions.. He made it to be in the final twenty I think.. I saw him on the news at that time. His name is Sonny Fredie Pedersen. He lives in LA. So there has been some casting of dancers from all over the world - though 5000 dancers seems a lot it is possible.
But true.. It is a little odd that several of the TII dancers have worked with Ortega in High School Musical. And others have been working on Janets tours!

Sonny was also apparently known prior to auditions by KO?

"Sonny has appeared at some of the country's largest theatrical venues playing parts in big production musicals with major audience and critics succes. Latest he played in "West Side Story" and was casted for the lead role as "Troy" in "High School Musical-on stage"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 01, 2010, 02:31:31 AM
I most deffently agree, these dancer's were picked even before the audition's, Ironically they can all act to!!!The bold white guy dancer (sorry I don't know his name) he was on a dance show a few years ago on mtv, he was dating a pussy cat doll (from the group) I remeber him saying something about Janet Jackson, and doing some short of performance with her, do you guys remember when Janet performed scream on mtv? The dancer behind her was Jennifer Lopez's ex husband. I def think that these dancer's only got on the this is movie due to whom they know, I mean how convenent for them to be able to ACT (the thriller 3d sences) Reality show arent what they seem, and people believe that there are, I mean turn on MTV there has'nt been music video's in a while! It's all this reality show's, but they are NOT reality, they are fake!! But most people believe the BS!! I when to Idol audition's in July, and witnessed this myself, the 40 people that made it through some other audition got to do there audtion's infront of all the producer's (12) and after 30 out of the 40 were give yellow ticket's and they  started to audition the rest of the people whom you see waiting in the lines, and singing in the large group song in the arena's have to line up in groups of 20, in row's of 5, and get about 5 seconds to sing!! Which mean's you mean nothing, unless they could use you for the blopper clips to make fun, ect. But these final people you see and vote for all have someone whom know's someone, whom know's someone.!! Same thing for this is it, you see how long it take for idol to come on tv, example they did orlando auditon's in july 09 and there were more cities before Orlando so let's say april/may 09 they started.... so that is 8 months to now the show is one the air, so they need 8 months to tape, edit ect the show and now present it to us, so MJ was asked by AEG back in 07 to do show's they were turned down, then the end of 08 MJ calls and say's he is ready. So march he annouces this is it. This is what get's me it takes American Idol about 8 months to tape there audition's and the live show does'nt start till Jan 2010, but it took AEG/Sony about 3 month's for a movie?? If you do the math from when MJ decided to do this is it at the end of 08 you would have enough time to plan this. It is alllll shady!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

sosh

February 01, 2010, 05:45:16 AM
The dutch dancer, Timor Steffens, didn't have any connection to Jackson or Ortega before TII. However, he made it to be with the 11 choosen dancers.

He was second best in the TV show: So you think you can dance!

I agree with the fact that the rehearsals and auditions took place in a very small time frame. A frame too small for a mega production that TII was told to be (unless it always was planned as a rehearsal movie). Besides, in TII the movie, there's hardly any song show completely. The dancers seem to be far from ready.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions