Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • 14 Replies
  • 939 Views

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline tylerjo608

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 63
    • Show only replies by tylerjo608

Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 29, 2010, 11:26:29 PM
After watching the This Is It dvd, this part of the film struck me as odd. In my version of the dvd, the first thing that comes on is a preview for a documentary about President Obama ("By The People; The Election of Barack Obama). Quite honestly, I was  bothered by this at first, thinking there is some political agenda here, and I was hung up on trying to figure out what Michael's views about Obama were.  Then after watching the other previews (which you find in the SPECIAL FEATURES section) I think there is more to these previews that just promoting other movies to watch.  Although I could understand the Obama one being on this dvd,  the others didn't seem to make sense.  Why would these previews be SPECIAL FEATURES of "This Is It"? (that is the section where you find these; they don't just come on). After watching them again more closely, there seems to be a possible theme, or hidden messages in them.  They are subtle, and I may be really reaching here but I will try to give you some examples of at least the Obama documentary.  Watch the other previews as well and see if you come up with anything.
The Obama one is the most obvious with many correlations to Michael, but 2 in particular:
  --The first thing that Obama says in this doc is "I am running in this race because of what Dr. King called the fierce urgency of now."
(QUOTING DR. KING---FIERCE URGENCY OF NOW---SOUNDS LIKE MJ'S MESSAGE)
  --Then shortly after that in big letters on the screen (referring to Obama) it says 'Like You've Never Seen Him Before'
(UMMMM...SOUND FAMILIAR?  THE TII MOVIE POSTERS?)
  --Toward the end of this trailer it says in big letters (again referring to Obama) 'His victory changed History'
(THE LETTERING OF THIS STATEMENT IS IN BLUE EXCEPT FOR THE H-I-S OF HISTORY WHICH IS IN BLACK.  MICHAEL'S HISTORY ALBUM --THE H-I-S WAS DIFFERENT THAN THE TORY)
--One other one that really stood out to me was Obama on the phone with his children and he makes the statement "I know this is hard for you".
(SOUNDS LIKE A MESSAGE THAT MICHAEL REALIZES THAT THERE WOULD BE CONCERN OVER WHAT THIS HOAX IS DOING TO HIS CHILDREN BUT THEY UNDERSTAND)

There are other interesting things that i picked up on.....but watch this preview for yourself and see if you see anything.  After watching this trailer 2 more times I think it's not not so much about what Michael thought about Obama (whew!) as much as it is just another platform for Michael to express ("hide") his message for those who are willing to see it.  Always look beyond the obvious with Michael!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline anwell

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 47
    • Show only replies by anwell

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 30, 2010, 01:30:02 AM
1 barack obama= change the world 2 it might get loud= he speaks through his music 3 soul power the stage has been made there cant be a delay they will get the greatest music experience they ever saw 4 grown up= five kids havent seen each other in 30yrs reconnects the jackson five30yr anniversary 5=salt he had to escape 6= ice castles he came out of nowhere disappeared and is back again 7= dog tale the fans is the dog even though people telling us to stop waiting he is not coming back we remain loyal   7 wonderful clues again with the number 7
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline anwell

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 47
    • Show only replies by anwell

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 30, 2010, 03:24:30 AM
has anyone else watched the previews ? im curious to see what you make of them
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline paula-c

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 7597
    • Show only replies by paula-c
    • https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000669499472/986af9e4566ce7ab11ef8703e3b19b04_normal.jpeg

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 30, 2010, 12:37:15 PM
I have not seen the DVD, but I think Obama will change the world  :geek:

somekindofsign

  • *
  • Guest
    • Show only replies by somekindofsign

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 30, 2010, 12:39:24 PM
Quote from: "paula-c"
I have not seen the DVD, but I think Obama will change the world  :geek:

And when is he going to start?
Puppet
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline anwell

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 47
    • Show only replies by anwell

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 30, 2010, 01:14:48 PM
what i got from the previews was mj message in all seven of them its not about obama  or a dog or a skater or 5 kids it michael telling us something about his purpose and plan .please somebody with the dvd take the the time to watch the seven previews their in there for a reason i think they are bigger clues because they was specfically put in there on the dvd they are not the same previews at the cinema concidentaly? i think not
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline LOVEYOUMORE

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 103
    • Show only replies by LOVEYOUMORE

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 30, 2010, 07:00:55 PM
Quote from: "tylerjo608"
After watching the This Is It dvd, this part of the film struck me as odd. In my version of the dvd, the first thing that comes on is a preview for a documentary about President Obama ("By The People; The Election of Barack Obama). Quite honestly, I was  bothered by this at first, thinking there is some political agenda here, and I was hung up on trying to figure out what Michael's views about Obama were.  Then after watching the other previews (which you find in the SPECIAL FEATURES section) I think there is more to these previews that just promoting other movies to watch.  Although I could understand the Obama one being on this dvd,  the others didn't seem to make sense.  Why would these previews be SPECIAL FEATURES of "This Is It"? (that is the section where you find these; they don't just come on). After watching them again more closely, there seems to be a possible theme, or hidden messages in them.  They are subtle, and I may be really reaching here but I will try to give you some examples of at least the Obama documentary.  Watch the other previews as well and see if you come up with anything.
The Obama one is the most obvious with many correlations to Michael, but 2 in particular:
  --The first thing that Obama says in this doc is "I am running in this race because of what Dr. King called the fierce urgency of now."
(QUOTING DR. KING---FIERCE URGENCY OF NOW---SOUNDS LIKE MJ'S MESSAGE)
  --Then shortly after that in big letters on the screen (referring to Obama) it says 'Like You've Never Seen Him Before'
(UMMMM...SOUND FAMILIAR?  THE TII MOVIE POSTERS?)
  --Toward the end of this trailer it says in big letters (again referring to Obama) 'His victory changed History'
(THE LETTERING OF THIS STATEMENT IS IN BLUE EXCEPT FOR THE H-I-S OF HISTORY WHICH IS IN BLACK.  MICHAEL'S HISTORY ALBUM --THE H-I-S WAS DIFFERENT THAN THE TORY)
--One other one that really stood out to me was Obama on the phone with his children and he makes the statement "I know this is hard for you".
(SOUNDS LIKE A MESSAGE THAT MICHAEL REALIZES THAT THERE WOULD BE CONCERN OVER WHAT THIS HOAX IS DOING TO HIS CHILDREN BUT THEY UNDERSTAND)

There are other interesting things that i picked up on.....but watch this preview for yourself and see if you see anything.  After watching this trailer 2 more times I think it's not not so much about what Michael thought about Obama (whew!) as much as it is just another platform for Michael to express ("hide") his message for those who are willing to see it.  Always look beyond the obvious with Michael!


 :roll: THAT'S STRANGE  because I heard that Michael refused to go to Obama's inauguration , he was asked several times saying Obama wanted him to appear but he refused.
STANGE THAT OBAMA IS ON THERE .I SEE THAT THEY ARE PUTTING A LOT OF ILLUMINATI AND NWO SYMBLES IN MICHAEL'S DVD ,
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline LOVEYOUMORE

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 103
    • Show only replies by LOVEYOUMORE

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 30, 2010, 07:03:30 PM
Quote from: "paula-c"
I have not seen the DVD, but I think Obama will change the world  :gee


:shock: HE SURE WILL ,FOR THE WORST , HE'S INVOLVED IN THE NEW WORLD ORDER THAT WANTS US ALL DEAD, DO SOME RESEARCH .
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline mollyfaithxo

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 140
    • Show only replies by mollyfaithxo

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 30, 2010, 09:16:39 PM
Quote from: "LOVEYOUMORE"
Quote from: "paula-c"
I have not seen the DVD, but I think Obama will change the world  :gee


:shock: HE SURE WILL ,FOR THE WORST , HE'S INVOLVED IN THE NEW WORLD ORDER THAT WANTS US ALL DEAD, DO SOME RESEARCH .
Exactly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hesouttamylife

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 5393
    • Show only replies by hesouttamylife

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 30, 2010, 10:23:38 PM
Michael's BAM ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Offline mjssoulmate

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 820
    • Show only replies by mjssoulmate

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: January 30, 2010, 11:00:28 PM
Quote from: "tylerjo608"
After watching the This Is It dvd, this part of the film struck me as odd. In my version of the dvd, the first thing that comes on is a preview for a documentary about President Obama ("By The People; The Election of Barack Obama). Quite honestly, I was  bothered by this at first, thinking there is some political agenda here, and I was hung up on trying to figure out what Michael's views about Obama were.  Then after watching the other previews (which you find in the SPECIAL FEATURES section) I think there is more to these previews that just promoting other movies to watch.  Although I could understand the Obama one being on this dvd,  the others didn't seem to make sense.  Why would these previews be SPECIAL FEATURES of "This Is It"? (that is the section where you find these; they don't just come on). After watching them again more closely, there seems to be a possible theme, or hidden messages in them.  They are subtle, and I may be really reaching here but I will try to give you some examples of at least the Obama documentary.  Watch the other previews as well and see if you come up with anything.
The Obama one is the most obvious with many correlations to Michael, but 2 in particular:
  --The first thing that Obama says in this doc is "I am running in this race because of what Dr. King called the fierce urgency of now."
(QUOTING DR. KING---FIERCE URGENCY OF NOW---SOUNDS LIKE MJ'S MESSAGE)
  --Then shortly after that in big letters on the screen (referring to Obama) it says 'Like You've Never Seen Him Before'
(UMMMM...SOUND FAMILIAR?  THE TII MOVIE POSTERS?)
  --Toward the end of this trailer it says in big letters (again referring to Obama) 'His victory changed History'
(THE LETTERING OF THIS STATEMENT IS IN BLUE EXCEPT FOR THE H-I-S OF HISTORY WHICH IS IN BLACK.  MICHAEL'S HISTORY ALBUM --THE H-I-S WAS DIFFERENT THAN THE TORY)
--One other one that really stood out to me was Obama on the phone with his children and he makes the statement "I know this is hard for you".
(SOUNDS LIKE A MESSAGE THAT MICHAEL REALIZES THAT THERE WOULD BE CONCERN OVER WHAT THIS HOAX IS DOING TO HIS CHILDREN BUT THEY UNDERSTAND)

There are other interesting things that i picked up on.....but watch this preview for yourself and see if you see anything.  After watching this trailer 2 more times I think it's not not so much about what Michael thought about Obama (whew!) as much as it is just another platform for Michael to express ("hide") his message for those who are willing to see it.  Always look beyond the obvious with Michael!


I noticed the same things as you did.  It all hinted at Michael to me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

Offline shamon

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 60
    • Show only replies by shamon

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: February 01, 2010, 06:41:21 PM
I have watched the previews. And I made note of them. Here was my brief summary:

This is, I believe, a chronological explanation of the events that led up to the hoax:
 
By The People- The Election Of Barack Obama: Sorry I couldn't bring myself to watch this one at the moment.

It Might Get Loud: "I try to get the sound that is in my head to come out on the speakers." "We're all attempting to share something with another human being." Involves many bands, including many of Michael's favorites. Reminds me of the "fist in my ear" scene from TII. Also kind of sums up Michael's message. His mission. His music and humanitarianism.

Soul Power: A fighter, a boxer, "But the delays stopped the boxers from starting up." Involves many bands that were Michael's favorites. I believe this refers to the delays that kept Michael from stepping back out onto the scene, or the delays that kept him hesitant about the hoax.

Grown Ups: "They're getting back together for the first time in 30 years." If any of you have read mine and Melzy's tarot readings, this quote perfectly explains what this is about.

Salt: The main character is running away because people think that she is someone who she's not. Kind of explains in part Michael's reason for the hoax.

Ice Castles: "All she needed was a chance." She's a skater who had an accident and went blind. In love, she finds her inspiration. "She came out of nowhere, disappeared, and came back again." The hoax and the possibility of a comeback.

Hachi- A Dog's Tale: "Everyone called him a mystery dog cause no one really knew where he came from." Every day the dog waits for his master but one day the master doesn't come back. "Loyalty. You should never give up on anyone you love." This is a message to the fans. Have faith, stay loyal, don't give up. Michael wants to come back, and he will. But in his own time; this is his magic trick. Be patient. It's all for the L.O.V.E.

 :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Kirsche

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 2082
    • Show only replies by Kirsche
    • http://www.myspace.com/chrischl

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: February 01, 2010, 07:01:49 PM
Wow! You did very great nose!

Yes maybe they really have a special purpose..Sounds logical to me
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

Offline Melzy777

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 501
    • Show only replies by Melzy777

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: February 01, 2010, 07:57:18 PM
Quote from: "shamon"
It Might Get Loud: "I try to get the sound that is in my head to come out on the speakers." "We're all attempting to share something with another human being." Involves many bands, including many of Michael's favorites. Reminds me of the "fist in my ear" scene from TII. Also kind of sums up Michael's message. His mission. His music and humanitarianism.

Oh, Michael!!! As a telepath I understand this all too well.  :lol:

Quote from: "shamon"
Grown Ups: "They're getting back together for the first time in 30 years." If any of you have read mine and Melzy's tarot readings, this quote perfectly explains what this is about.
Yeah, that one is sadly obvious. Time to get some family values back.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

Offline StarCatcher

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 9
    • Show only replies by StarCatcher

Re: Previews---what's their purpose???????

  • on: February 06, 2010, 02:33:10 PM
I don't think the Obama one is on the Bluray cause I haven't noticed it....but the others are along with "A River Runs Through It".  I thought that was a weird one since it's so old.  Maybe it's being re-released though??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
15 Replies
870 Views
Last post December 06, 2009, 10:23:28 PM
by LucyLocket
8 Replies
8522 Views
Last post December 17, 2010, 05:46:07 PM
by GINAFELICIA
4 Replies
410 Views
Last post January 17, 2010, 08:32:10 AM
by TinkerbellStardust
5 Replies
626 Views
Last post February 27, 2010, 01:13:04 PM
by CrazyBanana
22 Replies
961 Views
Last post February 22, 2010, 03:24:20 AM
by the arabian nights