Let's be honest here..... am I the only one who doesn't like when these two are compared??.. they are completely different- yes, I understand how they are similar, the success, the love, etc, and of course the obvious connection, through Lisa.. but no.. Michael is on a completely different level, sorry... to me, it's like comparing the Twilight Saga to Harry Potter. You just can't... both have tremendous success, but are very different. *Shrugs* What do you all think?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

My Mum says that Elvis in his day was the "King" and every woman up to very old age adored him so I think there are many similarities.  No two performers are the same as times change but Elvis definetely changed pop music. He was called "Elvis the pelvis" due to his sexy moves on stage which was unheard of then (not even crotch grabbing lol!) and considered too outragious and was banned on some US TV shows. Dont forget this was the 50s and early 60s and pop music up until Elvis was very conservative, he did also introduce the kind of music of the black artists, my Mum and Gran said he was the "King of pop" in his day and women went hysterical and cried buckets when he was enlisted into the army.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

Very nicely said. I needed that refreshment and remembrance of the time difference. Thank you :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mjgirl86"
Very nicely said. I needed that refreshment and remembrance of the time difference. Thank you :)
Thanks for that-its just that the other week my Mum, Gran and I were talking about Michael , BTW my Mum beleives in the hoax and my Gran said something is definetely amiss. Anyway I was interested to hear what they had to say about Elvis in the time he was really popular, I dont think the young ones realize just how loved and influential he was in the 50's.
My Husband is grew up in a little village in Kenya, East Africa and until he grew up and left home to live in Mombasa he only knew of Bob Marley, Elvis and Michael, he hadn't heard of even Marilyn Monroe or the Beatles etc  so I think maybe those 3 artists are sort of in the same league, you don't ever get many artists of such magnificance worldwide that make such an impact and influence around the world-even in a remote little village in Africa miles and miles from anywhere. Wonderful when you think eh? Even if Michael doesn't come back (I personally dont think he will) we should celebrate the fact that he brought so much joy, happiness and impact to billions everywhere and be thankful that we had him perform for us for over 40 years and be thankful that we believe he is still with us in life and spirit even if not in public view. I don't know if Elvis hoaxed his death but we lost Bob Marley at the age of 36 and he too was one of the greats and like Michael and Elvis will go down in history for ever.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

"...Michael and Elvis will go down in history for ever."

I agree with that, harleyblonde.

Resemblances of both (artistical and in private) can´t be argued away, because some things are indeed intended.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mjgirl86"
Let's be honest here..... am I the only one who doesn't like when these two are compared??.. they are completely different- yes, I understand how they are similar, the success, the love, etc, and of course the obvious connection, through Lisa.. but no.. Michael is on a completely different level, sorry... to me, it's like comparing the Twilight Saga to Harry Potter. You just can't... both have tremendous success, but are very different. *Shrugs* What do you all think?

I completely agree with you, and in my opinion, Elvis is no where near Michael. Elvis cannot sing or dance... Michael can sing, dance, is charitable, attractive, loved, and so many more things that Elvis never got to or met up to that level. There is NO comparison.  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you!  :D  8-) I didn't want to offend anyone, but this is our opinion! Yes, I can understand how Elvis might've changed things, but him and Michael should never be compared...

Michael is on his own platform. No one compares to him  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

michael has all generations who love him and sold over 750 million records beaten elvis biggest selling album ever fastest selling album number ones etc etc
I have no feeling for Elvis wouldnt care if i saw him he hasnt passed that love on to younger people michael has old to young loving him which is incredible to accomplish michael better trying not to be biased so stating facts!! :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

yes 75o million records,etc,etc,but please remember Elvis was thru the  60's , 70's.There are how many more people (huge market) not to mention advanced tech, media avenues, communication,promotion strategies and vehicles ie; internet world wide promotion capability. Tupelo Mississippi and Gary Indiana were both forever 'put on the map' each by Kings in their own right...In my mind an unforgettable , ' stand the world on it's head'. event would be Michael introducing Elvis back into society (or vice versa) Now that would be 'shock and awe' and not in the George Bush way!  lol...rubber room time....'If I can dream?'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I loved Elvis and I love Michael. Elvis was the King of Rock and Roll. Michael is the King of Pop. They are both my kings.  Elvis did not die in 1977. He may be dead now. Michael did not die. But I must be honest. I don’t think Michael will return. He may be so happy with his new Freedom he may not come back to all of the fuss. I hope so.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions