Who and Where is Chris Weiss?
April 27, 2010, 01:06:48 AM
We all know that Christopher Weiss, along with Ben Evenstad, of NPG (National Photo Group) are responsible for the ambulance photos (and we all know there were more than 1 photo). I am always looking for more information about that photo, the ambulance, and the photographers. And I very often wonder, who is Chris Weiss...and WHERE is Chris Weiss now? Why do we not hear anything more about him? We know from the Vanity Fair article back in July that he is a former paramedic and wants to go to medical school. Did he go? Is he there now? What IS his story?!

While surfing tonight, I came across a website that was created by an L.A. paparazzo named John Shinn. He's been a pap in L.A. for around 3 years now. His website is interesting overall and worth a read. But what I found most interesting was his mention of the ambulance photo taken on June 25. Here are his comments:

After only two years working as a Hollywood paparazzo, I have come to know many of the estimated 200+ celebrity photographers who work in L.A.'s 30-mile zone. But the identity of the 'pap' above (encircled in yellow) who got the only picture of Michael Jackson inside the ambulance while he was being transported to UCLA Medical Center last Thursday, June 25, where Jackson died an hour later---remains a complete mystery to us since I do not recognize the photographer. But, nevertheless, we're happy that one of ours got the shot and how much will he make out his pictures? Estimates range from $50,000 to $150,000 assuming the lucky pap gets his universal 60% commission as a "freelancer." The biggest winner, of course, is his agency, National Photo Group. We only hope our lucky pap does not get screwed by NPG the way NPG's founders, Ben and Victor, got screwed up by their agency with their March 2007 Britney-shaving-her-head pictures. We'll just have to wait and see if that happens. "Ben (NPG owner) knows how it feels to be cheated by your agency,that's why he's been really upfront with our sales reports," an NPG photographer once told me while we were working in the Toluca Lake area. Congrats to our lucky fellow shooter!

Here is a link to the page too:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The June 25 story and photo are about 1/4 of the way down the page.

He's created a screencap of the photographer taking the infamous photo (the guy in the red shirt) and assuming it's THE photographer. Now I'm just wondering if anyone else finds it odd that another pap who has been around awhile (over 2 years at the time of the photo) doesn't have a clue who the photographer is who got that picture. He sure knows who Ben is, which means he's familiar with NPG. So why does he not know who Chris is?

This may mean absolutely nothing, but when I find something interesting like this, I just like to pass it on. And I do still wonder...where and who is Christopher Weiss?!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Re: Who and Where is Chris Weiss?
April 27, 2010, 05:01:39 AM
Only the pict for MJ has a bad quality and is cutted since 2007...  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ said : You\'re kickin\' with the wrong leg !
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8AXyD-vdo[/youtube]

June 25, 2010, 05:54:00 AM
VERY good point, Christiana.  I haven't been able to find any info on the Internet other than the Vanity Fair article, which talks about Weiss and Evenstad but only shows pictures of Evenstad:

The article says:
Christopher Weiss plans to retire from the paparazzi if he gets into medical school this fall.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kirsche

June 25, 2010, 06:49:38 AM
Quote from: "truthprevails"
VERY good point, Christiana.  I haven't been able to find any info on the Internet other than the Vanity Fair article, which talks about Weiss and Evenstad but only shows pictures of Evenstad:

The article says:
Christopher Weiss plans to retire from the paparazzi if he gets into medical school this fall.

Interesting he will get into medical school....
hmm
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions