Daily Mirror UK - 1st Feb 2010
February 01, 2010, 03:33:55 AM
Thought you guys might like to read this.  I'm not sure what to think of it to be honest.  It made me cry when I read it but then I though "Hell, they're just promoting their comeback and reality show" which starts to air in the UK on Sunday 7th Feb on the Bio channel at 8pm here in the UK.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Michael Jackson's brothers on how they are struggling to comprehend a life without Michael"

It became one of the most poignant and enduring images of last year.

Michael Jackson’s brothers sitting shoulder to shoulder at his star-studded memorial service, each wearing the King of Pop’s trademark single glove in tribute, grief etched on their faces.

It has been seven months since Michael’s death, but for Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon Jackson, the pain is still raw.

Last night they were among the close-knit Jackson family watching the Grammy tribute show honouring Michael. His two eldest children were expected to pick up a lifetime achievement award on their father’s behalf.

Singers Carrie Underwood and Smokey Robinson were among several stars who were performing at the Los Angeles event. A segment of a 3D video produced by Michael shortly before he died, aged 50 last June, was due to be shown.

Speaking exclusively to the Mirror in what is their first joint interview since their little brother’s shock death, the four surviving members of the Jackson  Five reveal how they are  struggling to comprehend a life without Michael.

And, as they prepare to relaunch themselves as a foursome, they admit some days are almost too agonising to bear.

“I still wake up every day and can’t believe my brother isn’t with us,” says Jermaine, 55.

Tito adds: “No matter what we’re doing – working in the studio or rehearsing dance steps – there’s an emptiness there. You feel it constantly. It’s bearing down on you.

“Emotionally it’s very difficult to sing these songs without Michael. Just to hear him on the radio today is very emotional.”

The brothers recall the day the star was found at his LA home, just a fortnight away from kicking off what promised to be a spectacular 50-date residency at London’s O2.

Through tears, 58-year-old Jackie says: “Someone told me my brother was dead.

“It was very hard for me to believe. So I called my mum and she was screaming and hollering and crying.”

Marlon lets out a heavy sigh. The world might have lost its King of Pop but the Jacksons have lost their baby brother.

Marlon, 52, says: “Michael was a major part of the Jackson Five and of course he was our brother long before we became famous. I don’t think people will ever understand the loss of Michael as a brother versus as a pop star. Losing a sibling is devastating."

The brothers, who have supported each other over their shared heartache, become visibly upset when talking about Michael.

But they speak so warmly and lovingly about him, there are plenty of smiles too.

All of them are comforted by what they describe as Michael’s presence. They feel him around them all the time.

Tito, 56, says: “Michael was a bright, shining light that’s been shining our whole lives. But we don’t feel the light is turned off.

“We just feel the light is brighter really because the legacy lives on and his spirit is very much alive. We feel him all the time and when we do our performances we’re going to have him right up there with us always.”  

Jackie adds adamantly: “Michael is with us 24/7. Every time you turn around, there he is on the TV. He’s always with us.”

The brothers have gathered to discuss their new reality TV show The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty which starts next Sunday on the Bio channel and follows preparations for the group’s 40th anniversary.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Michael, I am here for you always.  I give you my heart, my soul and I offer you my friendship."

Re: Daily Mirror UK - 1st Feb 2010
February 01, 2010, 10:25:58 AM
I fixed it for you!! **hugs**
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

February 01, 2010, 11:23:56 AM
Its just a tabloid and the Jacksons need publicity for their show to be shown here next week.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

February 01, 2010, 11:25:13 AM
Quote from: "THE JACKSONOLOGIST"

Aww thanks honey.  I was getting very confused and thought I had well and truly gone mad!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Michael, I am here for you always.  I give you my heart, my soul and I offer you my friendship."

February 01, 2010, 12:03:44 PM
Quote from: "rowdyangel"
Quote from: "THE JACKSONOLOGIST"

Aww thanks honey.  I was getting very confused and thought I had well and truly gone mad!

Nope!! No madness!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions