Quote from: "Alem (Thetruth)"
Michael was not first inspired by Elvis, when he was a little boy he looked up to artist such as James Brown and other black artist. I am sure he admired Elvis but not to the extend he did to other entertainers specially jazz and blues artists. So I definitely don't agree with the above poster.

It doesnt matter if MJ was inspired by Elvis or not... Elvis paved the way.  Before Elvis there was no pop music, the word "teenager" was unknown.  He created the industry.  Its undeniable.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm sorry, but no.
This is ridiculous.
George Bush and Hugh Hefner are 9th cousins.
Hugh Hefner must be related to Satan too.
 :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Michael was not first inspired by Elvis, when he was a little boy he looked up to artist such as James Brown and other black artist. I am sure he admired Elvis but not to the extend he did to other entertainers specially jazz and blues artists. So I definitely don't agree with the above poster.

It doesnt matter if MJ was inspired by Elvis or not... Elvis paved the way.  Before Elvis there was no pop music, the word "teenager" was unknown.  He created the industry.  Its undeniable.

All the form of popular music from Jazz to Hip-Hop, to Bebop, to Soul you talk about different dances from Catwalk, to Jitterbug, to Charleston, to Break dancing - all these are forms of black dancing...whats more important to giving people a sense of  escapism, an escapism meaning entertainment , what would it be without a song without a dance, & joy & laughter, & music these things are very important but if you go to the bookstore down the corner, you will not see one black person on the cover, you'll see Elvis Prisley ...(applause)... you'll see the Rolling Stores...but we're the real pioneers who started these.

Otis Blackwell was a prolific phenomenal writer who wrote some of the greatest Elvis Presley songs & this was a black man, he died penniless. I met his daughter today and I'm so honored. It was the same level as meeting the Queen of England.

All injustice..you got to remember something ...the minute I started breaking the all times records record sales, I broke all time records, I broke Elvis's records, I broke Beatle's records...the minute I made the all time best selling albums in the history of world records...overnight they call me a freak, they called me a homosexual, they called me a child molester, they said I tried to bleach my skin...they said everything to turn the public against me...this all complete complete conspiracy, you have to know this...
- Michael Jackson
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All he wanted was the mountain high
Beyond these boundaries,he wanted to fly
In nature\'s scheme,never to die
– MJ

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

@Alem.. why are you bringing race into this?  

I give up.. believe what you want to believe.   MJ believed in love and acceptance.  I live by that.  Leaving this thread now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I didint bring anything up I acutally didint say a word, I qouted Mike because he adresses this issue. If you want to live in denial then that's fine, I think the key to justice is understanding and open your eyes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All he wanted was the mountain high
Beyond these boundaries,he wanted to fly
In nature\'s scheme,never to die
– MJ

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I didint bring anything up I acutally didint say a word, I qouted Mike because he adresses this issue. If you want to live in denial then that's fine, I think the key to justice is understanding and open your eyes.

I remember watching this press conference (when he made the above statement)
I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly with what he said,
it's not about just race,
but many people will not hear a word of the truth, and that was his purpose in saying what he said.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I understand.  I have seen that speech by Michael.

I do not believe in discrediting Elvis Presley either and dismissing his abilities and gains.

Im not going to get into a debate about race, either.

"I am colour blind.  I do not hire by colour, i hire by competence" - Michael Jackson.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Why quarrel between us? We have two KING who lived in different eras.

1.ELVIS did know black music to the world!
If it had not been may be that black music would remain in the ghetto?
Nobody can deny that black music was hidden in the bars at that time.
ELVIS is that because blacks are accepted.

2. Yes black music is the root of music and rhythm, and Michael and James Brown were the best, but without Elvis, Black music is still in the ghetto.

3. It is thanks to Elvis if everything emerge, even if the talent base is black.

4.ELVIS is the King of Rock and Michael King of Pop! But if Elvis had not released the black music, or it might not have to be Michael Jackson.

5.ELVIS is the precursor and the successor Michael ... and both my eyes was equal!

6. He who spits on ELVIS deny black music because it was through him that she is known today, and I did not detract from Michael is really superior side to Elvis dance and lyrics, but it take away what is it!

The Kings are dead long live the next king, because there is always another King!

L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@Michaelangelo... thanks.  You have said what i was trying to say.. and you have said it very eloquently.

Its about love and respect.

Elvis was the King and we shouldnt disrespect or discredit him or his achievements.

And remember... Elvis suffered in many of the same ways that MJ has...  Elvis was "handled" and swindled out of money by dodgy people who harmed his career... notably Colonel Parker.
And Elvis died at 42 after becoming hooked on drugs and food.  He was a lonely and unhappy man too.   :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions