Always older photos used.....Opinions?
February 02, 2010, 03:03:56 AM
I am wondering why it is always older photos used such as the Grammys for example..the photo montage showed him in younger years but never from 2000-2009.
I find this strange and rather odd.
I know the memorial and the burial followed the Liberian Girl theme but you would think they would have atleast had photos of him and his kids shown through the memorial and even some nice framed family portraits or even candids which are more precious in my opinion with him and the kids at the burial along with the older portraits from Liberian Girl photo shoot for the single cover?
Just wondering what your thoughts are on this....
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Keep changin\' the rules
While I keep playin\' the game
I can\'t take it much longer
I think I might go insane

Dot 246637

Re: Always older photos used.....Opinions?
February 02, 2010, 04:44:05 AM
It also hit me.. but maybe those photos are the ones they have easy access till.. they probably have the rights to them, because they used them years back..

Also the montage showing all the people who died in 2009, only had old pictures of those artists..

Why it was old pictures at the memorial.. I have no idea...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 05:33:39 AM
Maybe they show older photos because that was when he was at the top of his game.  I think it may be symbolic.  The MJ from present is returning back to the top like the old MJ we all know and love.  If you look at MJ prior to June 25th 2009 nobody was even talking about him but after that day he reclaimed his throne.  He straight shut the internet down on the 25th, he sold mass albums, nominated for awards, had a successful movie.  MJ was like the top artist of 2009 without even making new music.  His image is now restored and people respect him again.  He's being acknowledged for his talent now and not the scandals that tormented his life for the past 16 years.  Good for MJ it's about time.  He's getting the last laugh now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 06:14:06 AM
The most recent photos of MJ that I have seen are from photoshoots that he did in 2007 for Ebony and Italian Vogue. Aside from that all others especially those featured in tribute are much younger pics of him.  Younger  photos show a more youthful and vibrant MJ. Recent photos show him aging. For better or worse, people are more receptive to youthful looking appearances.

Think about regular people and you'll find the same practice. When an elderly man or woman actually passes away  the obituary doesn't usually show a photo of him or her at their older age. They show a much younger photo because all too often that is how loved ones want to remember the person and not so much when their health and appearance may have deteriorated.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 09:06:35 AM
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
The most recent photos of MJ that I have seen are from photoshoots that he did in 2007 for Ebony and Italian Vogue. Aside from that all others especially those featured in tribute are much younger pics of him.  Younger  photos show a more youthful and vibrant MJ. Recent photos show him aging. For better or worse, people are more receptive to youthful looking appearances.

Think about regular people and you'll find the same practice. When an elderly man or woman actually passes away  the obituary doesn't usually show a photo of him or her at their older age. They show a much younger photo because all too often that is how loved ones want to remember the person and not so much when their health and appearance may have deteriorated.

Yeah agreed!! and maybe MJ just liked himself better when he was younger, i mean he always said he doesnt wanna grow old, so maybe he just thinks he looks old!! LOL I dont agree of course, hes still hot.
The flip side is, as this is all his production, he wanted to have people remember him from the glory days  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
With Such Confusions Dont It Make You Wanna Scream!!

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
February 02, 2010, 01:13:56 PM
But what about all the pics they could have used from "This Is It"??? They were recent and he looked great!! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions