Re: JANET TO SING MICHAELS PART FOR HAITI!!
February 02, 2010, 06:46:48 PM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
Couldn't they just write another song and leave perfection alone?  Besides, Janet is singing her part from Atlanta.  Why?  I wish they would leave Michael's song alone.  It is already a masterpiece and for the cause that he intended it for.  Let  it go down in the record books as being just that.

2nd all of this.   :(

I don't even want to hear it out of curiosity.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 07:08:08 PM
I'm with you guys..I can't listen to this if Michaels Voice is not there.  It is bad enough to hear other artists singing Michaels songs, but this one????It sucks balls..and it should not be done..I for sure WILL NOT buy it! :evil:  :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 02, 2010, 08:03:50 PM
Well I was watching the original WATW and noticed the chemistry there everbody wanted to be there and from the looks of the people attending it just seems like a publicity stunt, I mean Eminem cmon but without Michael it is NOTHING I know it is for Haiti but don't you think Michael cares about Haiti why take out his vocals it just doesnt make sense
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael knocking out the media one day at a time lool

February 03, 2010, 07:51:35 AM
Quote from: "mehere"
Really.........   :?:
God I'm so skeptical now.  I look at EVERYTHING as part of the plan, or a clue, or a cover up.

Edit:  But maybe just maybe that's part of MJs message.

I agree with you about being a plan or clue. I feel that MJ is working behind the seen. This is a way to get a lot of artist involved and come together. Lionel Ritchie did say they had 45 artist from the original song, now it has MULTIPLIED. I remember MJ's interview a few years ago. He said that when he and Lionel Ritchie wrote the song in 1985, he didn't want to only target just the US and Africa, he wanted the world involved. He'd talked about doing another song for the whole world. Now the time has come. He is spreading his message through song. This song and Earth Song. I would love for them to play "What more can I give." he wrote that for the 9/11.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 03, 2010, 08:05:26 AM
shes wasnt there... hmm michael will sing but he will be in janets voice just like at vmas no other reason for her not to be there than shes doing it with michael!! 12th feb huh?? before the 14th!!! (my return date lol all for love L.O.V.E) 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 03, 2010, 08:33:32 AM
I changed my mind - I´m happy with it. They are not gonna do it for us, they do it for help people in Haiti. We will not buy it, ok, but others will. For us it isn´t the same without Michael but in the world are millions of people who will love the song (I hope). Maybe the fans of Eminem will open their eyes and get the message, same with others... It´s all about being united as a family, kids of the world, us, love each other and help in pain and make our earth a better place.
Why hate Eminem or Kanye West? It doesn´t help. Eminem was disrespectful to Michael, I know, I assume MJ has forgiven it to him. If you don´t like them, don´t listen and don´t buy.
We don´t have to buy WATW, we can make our donations other wise. We can always listen to old version of WATW.
I hope you see what I mean.
It´s all for love ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are the sun in my day, the wind in my sky, the waves in my ocean & the beat in my heart... Thinking of you!

Zen

February 03, 2010, 06:48:38 PM
by DarkYetLovely » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 pm
I'm really kinda ticked about this.... this song has been done. It already has a purpose and great singers have already lent their voices to create it and it should be left alone. It would be great if all these singers today would do a concert and maybe perform this song together at the end (I bet that would be more beneficial too), but they shouldn't be trying to recreate it. I don't really know how to explain how I feel about it... it just seems like they're damaging a legacy.

I was almost okay with it when I was under the impression that they were going to use Michael's vocals in it (but it still bothered me even then), and now this? Nope I'm not okay with it. But that won't make any difference... I just wanted it to be known.

I agree with you on this.  This is an uncomfortable trend of re-doing and mixing Michael's work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 03, 2010, 07:02:52 PM
You know i was excited for this remake but i thought they were going to leave Michaels part in it :'(  

To me they put all the "new" artists in it because it will sell more for Haiti which is a good idea yeah i know...But Michaels voice is still very well liked and people still buy his music...I think having his voice in it will sell more sadly...but Ima still get it to help Haiti out...i just feel like after they take Michaels voice out they are saying..."we are moving on without you" this hurts my feelings....

when i think of the song "We Are the World" I immediately link it with Michael Jackson... ??? Now whats next???

Well i guess since Lionel wrote it as well he has every right to do whichever with it but thats a bummer *sigh*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 03, 2010, 07:39:42 PM
I like Janet but Micheal should still be in the song... He represents children

Well on one of the talk shows they were saying other artists were invited but declined as soon  as they heard that QJ was going to change some of the lyrics and they did not want to ruin MJ's song which he wrote most of it anyway.. I say good on them..

I dont like QJ he has said some nasty things about MJ in the past after MJ left him to go with different producers ........I guess his ego got bruised..  Also I didn't like the way Lionel Ritchie during his speach at the Grammy's was promoting that MJ's CD was on sale, I guess he was doing that for Randy Phillips since he his agent ( I saw that on another blog) and I did see him the backgound behind Lionel when they interviewing Lionel..  Its all about money $$$$$$

They should have written another song for the next generation, there is Will i am , AKON I m sure they smart enough to come up with something good, I also admire these artists as well they respected MJ.

It STINKS  I know its for a good cause but I can donate in other ways, I will listen to the old version instead..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions