I say this is MJ related because if it were not for him,I would not have this extended family because he brought us all together.
Today I had what was to be a standard Dr's appt at 9 am to get refills of my meds,updates on my recent biopsies,etc only to be told that I am not responding well to my cancer treatments and that it has spread  :(
I was then sent to the hospital for more testings,ultrasounds and other grueling procedures where they had to put me under to perform a painful biopsy and asked what they were using since it was supposed to be a twilight sleep where I am not completely out but do not feel anything.I did not realise I had been given Propofol many times before and that is what they used on me today and I had to sign a release that was new to me because this is a new form added to the usual forms stating I understand what the surgeon has explained to me..blah blah blah and I asked when this form came into place and he actually said since the "death" of MJ,patients have been scared of Propofol and also it is now mandatory that the patient understands the side effects,etc of using Propofol during a procedure.
I signed it and laid there as they fed it into my IV line and it didn't take effect immediately as in knocking me out.I was laying there feeling like I was kind of floating in a very peaceful way,feeling good,peaceful and very calm and then I was out.
I woke up exactly an hour and 10 minutes later feeling a bit groggy but within 5-10 mins,I felt wide awake and was ready to get out of there and change out of the embarrassing ass bearing gown into my own clothes and go home.
Used in a hospital environment,it is very safe and I was bright eyed and bushy tailed after taking a few mins to wake up and get my bearings because I wondered where I was.
I just found it interesting that patients are so nervous of even having Propofol used in a procedure in a hospital setting after the relation of Propofol to MJ and also the new forms patients must sign.I am guessing that hospitals and Dr's are taking no chances and covering their asses by having the patient sign this new form that became effective as of July/2009 here in Canada atleast.

Pardon my rambling post here as I am quite tired due to the new meds I have been prescribed for pain but I wanted to share this with you all regarding the steps hospitals are now taking to protect themselves,my personal experience with feeling Propofol in my own system and also to thank everyone here for being such a great support system to me and I really do think of you all as like my extended family.
I came home and went into the funny MJ pics thread and had a great laugh and it took my mind off my troubles and I also had chance to make some of my own funny artwork while I was laid up today because I had my laptop with me and was also seeking comfort in MJ's music and am doing so now so I can lay down and get some sleep after this long,tiring and stressful day.

I will remain positive about my current health issues and will fight this nasty "Big C" and kick it in it's ass!!!
I keep remembering MJ's quote to the person I will not name but it was imagine pac man eating up all the bad cells.
God Bless you Michael,you have no idea how much you have helped me through my long fight with this over the years through your music,DVD's and just being you!
I hope you do read these boards and read how much you have helped so many people through difficult times and I only wish I could do the same for him.
Though I would be a bit embarrassed for him to read some of the comments I have made about him,like for example when it comes to the GOLD PANTS..enough said  :lol:

Thanks again everyone for being there for me and I apologise again for this long post and I hope I have made sense in it because I am way past needing to rest now due to these powerful meds.

God Bless and L.O.V.E. to all!!!

XOXO
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Keep changin\' the rules
While I keep playin\' the game
I can\'t take it much longer
I think I might go insane

Dot 246637

Hello MJROCKSMYSOCKSOFF (gee, your nick always make me smile!  :D ) I'm sending you a tight, tight virtual hug from here (I'm really far away from Canada, but can you feel it anyway? :D ).

Thanks for sharing your Propofol experience, and for open your heart sharing your health issues. I'm gonna say stay positive, stay and strong, and definitely let's kick C ass!!!. Your extended family are here for you 24 hs online, whenever and whatever you need, you know?  :D .

OK, now go sleep, take a long and relaxing rest and have some nice dreams, you'll feel better tomorrow. (BTW I think that the Funny thread and those Gold Pants are such a good therapy, and I don't think he's embarrased at all, come on! he knows very well the way he makes us feel! Lol).

Take care. XOXO.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Won't you just let me be?..."

Best of luck fighting your battle. Positive thoughts and prayers and well wishes being sent your way.
Thank-you for sharing your story.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJROCKSMYSOCKSOFF,I am deeply touch by your post.I realy wish you a complete recovery as soon as possible.You have my thoughts and prayers with you. ;) You can fight this and you have your family here to support you.Keep us uptaded please and god bless you.
                 Annie,a fellow canadian ;)  xxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thankyou for sharing your story. I am praying for you and hope that you are surrounded by love and light at this difficult time. You are a brave person. I hope that you feel better soon.

Love to you, my friend and God bless you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hi,

since my childhood my dreams have been materialized, i've always belived in theory (checked on myself) that if your soul is sick sooner or later the body will show u what the problem is and where it comes from. Have u chacked in internet about the relation: problem for soul=body problem? (english is my 2 language so i hope u understand). Always when something bad happens and it makes me speachless (i speak a lot as most women)- a short time my throat is sick....etc.....

even today, i am also sick...taking antibiotics.....

try to look up the connection in your case...and when u find possible answer, try to talk to your body, but first......try to talk to your soul....please don't laugh at me, i am 35 now and my body listens to my mind...y have time to read now...so maybe u will find a few minutes ...maybe this will interest u enough to BELIEVE that it is possible to be healthy...

my friend had problem with spine, nr 4 degree is final to have surgery and books finish on this 4-th degree, but she had nr 6 degree problem...all doctors wanted to make a surgery on my friend....but i asked her: what breaked u down? she answered: divorce...i gave her the same advice that i did to u...a few weeks ago my friend was on doctor's control, tok xrayss, and shock!!!!! another xrays!!!!!!shock!!!!!!NO SIGN OF PROBLEM with spin! UNBELIEVABLE but true,

she dealed with her problems: body and soul, so she suceeded.

is your faith enough strong? i hope so...anyway i will talk to  your soul in my dreams...we will see...can u do the same?

HEY! LOVE SOLGIERS! A HELP IS NEEDED!!!! LET' SEND TO OUR BROTHER/SISTER POSITIVE ENERGY!!! ONE OF US IS IN NEED !!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

Quote from: "mjj29081958"
Hello MJROCKSMYSOCKSOFF (gee, your nick always make me smile!  :D ) I'm sending you a tight, tight virtual hug from here (I'm really far away from Canada, but can you feel it anyway? :D ).

Thanks for sharing your Propofol experience, and for open your heart sharing your health issues. I'm gonna say stay positive, stay and strong, and definitely let's kick C ass!!!. Your extended family are here for you 24 hs online, whenever and whatever you need, you know?  :D .

OK, now go sleep, take a long and relaxing rest and have some nice dreams, you'll feel better tomorrow. (BTW I think that the Funny thread and those Gold Pants are such a good therapy, and I don't think he's embarrased at all, come on! he knows very well the way he makes us feel! Lol).

Take care. XOXO.

i second this!! and WOO for gold pants, always brings a smile when were down.. :P *big hugs*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks everyone.
I felt every virtual hug and all the love..I can't begin to tell you how grateful and blessed I am to have such an awesome extended family and wonderful friends!
I also have to thank MJ profusely for alot of things but one being that he was the one that brought us all together as a family from all over the world!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Keep changin\' the rules
While I keep playin\' the game
I can\'t take it much longer
I think I might go insane

Dot 246637

loyalfan

HERE IS A BIG HUG FROM ENGLAND FOR YOU..XXXXXXXXX WE WILL ALWAYS TALK TO ANYTIME......WE ALL SEND OUR VERY BEST WISHES TO YOU......GOD BE WITH YOU.......YOU ARE VERY BRAVE...XXXX
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for relating your experience with propofol.  I'm sorry to hear you're not well and I send my best wishes to you and hope you are able to kick this...you sound like a fighter like MJ. <hugs>
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

MJLover1990

I want to give you a VERY BIG VIRTUAL HUG too, you are a fighter and I'm certain that Michael would be very proud of you! Don't ever give up, you can beat this you are stronger and we love you on here and we are always here for you whenever you need us.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks everyone for your love,support and virtual hugs and kisses and I send them back!
I am definately a fighter and it brought tears to my eyes when people said MJ would be proud of me and I am a fighter like him.
I honestly can say he has made me a better person,not that I wasn't before but I am more aware and hold doors open for seniors and people even when I have to wait a few seconds before they approach the doors and other little kind gestures like that,help the homeless begging for money,the Salvation Army at Christmas when they are stationed in the malls (ok I know he would be proud of that due to his love for shopping at SA!) :lol:
I will fight this and keep positive because there is no sense being angry at the world and I also have a bad sense of humour and can laugh at myself  when embarrassing things happen and there have been many but one for instance is when my jeans were way too big due to weight loss and they literally fell down at the mall and I had to wear my rocker girl undies that day! :D  :lol:
My motto is to laugh at myself before somebody else does  ;) 8-)

I will keep everybody updated if they like on my test results I get back from my last procedure and will find out on the 12th when I have to go in for that horrible test but thankfully they put patients out for it and it is usually Propofol used because that is what they have used on me for minor ops and painful procedures in the past because I asked my Dr. to look through the reports and he told me it was Propofol used everytme and I have alot of allergies and it is the one drug they can use other than a valium drip,which is useless because it only calms me but I still felt the pain and told them so and they then put Propofol in my IV and it worked and I felt nothing.
The nurse claimed I was talking to her afterwards but I don't remember so maybe MJ could carry on conversations too and not remember it or worse....being asked to sign something and that could be how the 10 shows turned into 50  :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions