Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Quote from: "mehere"
Well I would just like to say

Seems to me that Prince did pretty well for himself in a country he hates so much.  
We as a society aren't perfect.  Many, many people try to make it a better place...a better world.
However, if Prince so hates it here he could easily go elsewhere and denounce his citizenship.  

It just pisses me off.

Didnt Michael pretty much have the same kind of attitude towards the USA, though?  He did vow to never perform in the USA again....   :?

Yes, Michael did not want to perform in the US and no wonder the way they (american media) treated him  :x  He did however do the 30th anniversary shows in NY, which was afterwards.

Isn't Prince right though? There is still much to be improved (as well as in other countries). America is Prince's home and he wants change or to be heard, what better way to do that then through his music? Just as Michael  uses his music to convey his messages. I don't see his song as a mere complaint, it's there to open up people's eyes. Let's question things, don't just accept what the state/government is telling you. Don't be scared of searching for truth even if it's ugly. Prince is not afraid of controversy, he's not going to do whatever he's told. This is just my interpretation though
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

alovesmichael,

I agree with you.  I think Prince is speaking out about his frustrations, with the hope of bringing about awareness and change.  I think you can love your country and care enough to despise what's going on in it.  
I have to respect Prince for bringing up these issues.  That takes some guts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

MJLover1990

Thank you so much for sharing this. Racism is one of the most disgusting things in the world and is part of the mind control programming and what they did to Michael and it definitely has to stop! And I love Prince too, He and Michael got along very well but the media always lies so they definitely lied about that they didn't get along too. :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "kingofmystery"
alovesmichael,

I agree with you.  I think Prince is speaking out about his frustrations, with the hope of bringing about awareness and change.  I think you can love your country and care enough to despise what's going on in it.  
I have to respect Prince for bringing up these issues.  That takes some guts.

It sure does. Whenever I read about Prince and people's reactions to him they're often negative, fans that are disappointed and so on. This is understandable because they want to go and see him perform and they want to see his performances on YT, so do I, but I still respect him. Maybe he doesn't want to do things just to "please" people, he emphasizes that he's an artist first of all and to me arts is about your own expression not about what other people think or want. He brings up these important questions because they're there right in front of our eyes but many people are too afraid to see them. Just as Michael he uses his gifts for an important purpose but if people rather go listen to Miley Cyrus (uuggh!) I can't help but be scared of where we are going...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "*Mo*"
Thank you KingofMystery for sharing your thoughts on this.  Yes, racism is definitely a part of the Michael Jackson conspiracy and it HAS to stop, right here and right now.

You wrote: "Weeks ago, TMZ drew our attention to the date of January 18, which happened to being Martin Luther King, Jr. day in the US. Many of us here suspected a connection. January 18 came and went, a rather uneventful day in MJ news.".  Let's not forget about the demonstrations that took place that very same day in Los Angeles (brought to us through TMZ Live), New York and Chicago.

Thanks, Mo, for mentioning the demonstrations.  I forgot about that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

Also, if anyone has any further insight or finds any additional information about there being previous presidents before George Washington in the US, please share your findings.  I will do the same.  This issue has really captured my interest, as I have never even heard of this before.

"John Hanson First President of the United States
George Washington Had 7 Presidential Predecessors
Sep 8, 2008 Shawn M. Tomlinson

Who was the first president of the United States? Wrong. It wasn't George Washington, but it was a friend of his.

John Hanson, the representative from Maryland to the Continental Congress in 1781 and elected as the first president from 1781 to 1782.

The First Black President?
And he may have been black, according to Alex'ander Wilson on the Web site presidentjohnhanson.com. The author claims Hanson was a Moor. He delves into questions about Hanson including why he is not listed a signer of the Declaration of Independence and why there doesn’t appear to be a body
."

Read more at Suite101: John Hanson First President of the United States: George Washington Had 7 Presidential Predecessors You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

More info:

From Wikipedia -
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And just because I love Dick Gregory   :D -
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mdc

Quote from: "virgo75"
Also, if anyone has any further insight or finds any additional information about there being previous presidents before George Washington in the US, please share your findings.  I will do the same.  This issue has really captured my interest, as I have never even heard of this before.

"John Hanson First President of the United States
George Washington Had 7 Presidential Predecessors
Sep 8, 2008 Shawn M. Tomlinson

Who was the first president of the United States? Wrong. It wasn't George Washington, but it was a friend of his.

John Hanson, the representative from Maryland to the Continental Congress in 1781 and elected as the first president from 1781 to 1782.

The First Black President?
And he may have been black, according to Alex'ander Wilson on the Web site presidentjohnhanson.com. The author claims Hanson was a Moor. He delves into questions about Hanson including why he is not listed a signer of the Declaration of Independence and why there doesn’t appear to be a body
."

Read more at Suite101: John Hanson First President of the United States: George Washington Had 7 Presidential Predecessors You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

More info:

From Wikipedia -

And just because I love Dick Gregory   :D -

Actually, I believe George Washington may have been the first president of the UNITED STATES under the Constitution, but John Hanson was the first President of Congress under the Articles of Confederation. So it's really how you look at it. But the history books are definitely "edited"...

ETA: And that old saying "You won't know where you're going, unless you know where you've been"...well there is a lot of truth in that I think. We have been kept in the dark for a reason. JMO of course.

Here is a website listing other presidents before Washington:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

*Oops! Sorry I was working and reading at the same time and I didn't see you already gave a link. I apologize.  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

virgo75 & mdc,
Thanks for sharing the information about John Hanson.  One thing I know for sure is that I did not learn about him in school.

The president question is also on Snopes.com, which I find quite interesting.  I've often wondered who is "behind" Snopes, i.e., political affiliations, biases, etc. they have.  I guess I need to add this to the list of things I need to research further!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "alovesmichael"

Seems to me that Prince did pretty well for himself in a country he hates so much.  
We as a society aren't perfect.  Many, many people try to make it a better place...a better world.
However, if Prince so hates it here he could easily go elsewhere and denounce his citizenship.  

It just pisses me off.

Didnt Michael pretty much have the same kind of attitude towards the USA, though?  He did vow to never perform in the USA again....   :?

Yes, Michael did not want to perform in the US and no wonder the way they (american media) treated him  :x  He did however do the 30th anniversary shows in NY, which was afterwards.

Oh, sure, that's easy for you to say- seeing as you don't live here!

Did Michael actually say that himself? Because if he did, he sure is forgetting that he only has like, oh, a couple of thousands of fans here, many of whom are either lifelong fans that were with him from the J5 days or people who went out of their way to support him in person at the trial or eager, starry-eyed children that dream of seeing him perform. (especially after all the stories they've heard or seen about "how absolutely no one else is like Michael Jackson, you have got to see him in person and feel his energy!") More likely than not, most of them would never be able to go abroad to see him, even a show here is expensive nowadays.. It's not just a media here, you know, but I guess he doesn't care about depriving these fans, does he? Fans in the land he came from, without whom he would never have gotten a start, in the first place..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "PinkTopaz"

It just pisses me off.

Did Michael actually say that himself? Because if he did, he sure is forgetting that he only has like, oh, a couple of thousands of fans here, many of whom are either lifelong fans that were with him from the J5 days or people who went out of their way to support him in person at the trial or eager, starry-eyed children that dream of seeing him perform. (especially after all the stories they've heard or seen about "how absolutely no one else is like Michael Jackson, you have got to see him in person and feel his energy!") More likely than not, most of them would never be able to go abroad to see him, even a show here is expensive nowadays.. It's not just a media here, you know, but I guess he doesn't care about depriving these fans, does he? Fans in the land he came from, without whom he would never have gotten a start, in the first place..

PinkTopaz,

I think that is just speculation about why Michael didn't perform in the US.  I have never heard him say that, or even allude to that.  I think he was proud to be an American, but he also knew he "belonged" to the rest of the world, so he toured overseas to please (and build) a strong overseas fan base.  That's what I hope anyway!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It just pisses me off.

PinkTopaz,

I think that is just speculation about why Michael didn't perform in the US.  I have never heard him say that, or even allude to that.  I think he was proud to be an American, but he also knew he "belonged" to the rest of the world, so he toured overseas to please (and build) a strong overseas fan base.  That's what I hope anyway!
I certainly hope so, too- like Michael said, only believe it if it comes from my mouth or something like that!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It just pisses me off.

PinkTopaz,

I certainly hope so, too- like Michael said, only believe it if it comes from my mouth or something like that!

Excuse my choice of expression what I meant is that I've HEARD Michael did not want to perform in the US because of the pressure. I did however see a reporter ask him if he wanted to perform in the US again and he said that he'd love too. I also remember an interview (after the release of Invincible) where he said that his album was number one all over the world except from in America... Perhaps that made him wonder about how people saw him but of course it's only speculation. I know Michael loves all his fans and if something would keep him away from something it would definitely not be the fans! However, none of us can deny that American and British tabloids have treated Michael like s**t and that's a fact! Btw I grew up in Sweden and I love that country and always will but I do not want to live there that does not mean I'm not proud to be SWedish or that I hate my fellow Swedes... Just putting it in another perspective for you  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It just pisses me off.

PinkTopaz,

Excuse my choice of expression what I meant is that I've HEARD Michael did not want to perform in the US because of the pressure. I did however see a reporter ask him if he wanted to perform in the US again and he said that he'd love too. I also remember an interview (after the release of Invincible) where he said that his album was number one all over the world except from in America... Perhaps that made him wonder about how people saw him but of course it's only speculation. I know Michael loves all his fans and if something would keep him away from something it would definitely not be the fans! However, none of us can deny that American and British tabloids have treated Michael like s**t and that's a fact! Btw I grew up in Sweden and I love that country and always will but I do not want to live there that does not mean I'm not proud to be SWedish or that I hate my fellow Swedes... Just putting it in another perspective for you  ;)
That stupid conspiracy is the reason for Invincible over here.. Aw, he said he'd love to perform here again..?  I never said that the media here doesn't trash him- I know they do but again, it's that conspiracy..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There was a video of Prince talking about MJ before his death, i think it was after the 2005 Trial, not exactly sure....but in that interview he basically is saying pple is underestimating Michael and that we better watch out and leave him alone b.c Michael has something up his sleeve...something like that..not exactly sure of the exact words but it was sumin like that........not sure if its been discussed here but when i find the video i'll be sure to post it.......

Both Prince and Michael were two very good artist and they both admired each other and thier rivalery wasnt at all what the Media made it out to b.....in my personal opinion their rivalery was like Michael's and Janet's...pure loving...every artist finds the other artist competition but the way its handled is the real key...and in My Opinion they BOTH made it clear they werent enemies and they Both had pretty much the same Message of Racism so thas where i stand with the whole Prince and Michael case....Love them Both and They both are gorgeous....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "LiteEyeZ22"
There was a video of Prince talking about MJ before his death, i think it was after the 2005 Trial, not exactly sure....but in that interview he basically is saying pple is underestimating Michael and that we better watch out and leave him alone b.c Michael has something up his sleeve...something like that..not exactly sure of the exact words but it was sumin like that........not sure if its been discussed here but when i find the video i'll be sure to post it.......

Both Prince and Michael were two very good artist and they both admired each other and thier rivalery wasnt at all what the Media made it out to b.....in my personal opinion their rivalery was like Michael's and Janet's...pure loving...every artist finds the other artist competition but the way its handled is the real key...and in My Opinion they BOTH made it clear they werent enemies and they Both had pretty much the same Message of Racism so thas where i stand with the whole Prince and Michael case....Love them Both and They both are gorgeous....

I think that video of Prince mentioning Michael is actually from 2000 or 2002... Been trying to find it too but with no luck. However, this clip is included in one of Jonell's videos for those who are interested to see it, i think it's the 8th part...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions