Quote from: "the arabian nights"
just re-read the first post - why have we not heard more from anesthesiologists?

I'm in the UK, and at the time they knew about propofol, anaesthetists were all over the news reports here. In the US i believe the same was happening. It's all on youtube. But propofol is old news. When the trial gets going, you will hear it all again. I don't think anaesthetists would comment on the news unless they were asked. It is such a bizarre thing to use propofol at home, why would any doctor comment further? There is not much to discuss. However, i'm sure the prosecution have their medical witnesses all lined up.

Here is something else;
In a hospital or operating room, a Propofol overdose is treated by immediately ceasing the drug's infusion, then beginning respiratory and cardiac support while other drugs are administered to increase blood pressure, helping re-perfuse tissues with blood and oxygen until the drug is eliminated by the body and the patient regains consciousness.  The time required to clear Propofol depends mainly on the amount of Propofol given and over what period of time as well as the ability of the patient's liver and kidneys to metabolize and eliminate the drug.

By the way, did you know that MJ had uneven levels of propofol in his body?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "somekindofsign"
Quote from: "simplyme"
Quote from: "somekindofsign"
Ok so propofol can kill.
But is there any proof that Mike took that...?  8-)

Yes propofol kills.  Any anesthetic can kill.  That's one of the reasons surgery is risky.  Some vets don't even want to use it unless absolutely necessary - like for cleaning teeth really well.  And people die from it.  You didn't hear about it before.  Michael made it famous.  People in the medical profession that have easy access to it take - they shoot up and die.

Yes, that´s pretty obvious. I was just implying that this only proves preciselly JUST that propofol kills, not that Mike "died" from that, nor even that he took that.

EXACTLY!!! You hit the nail on the head
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

Jennie

Quote from: "QuirkyDiana"
Quote from: "the arabian nights"
just re-read the first post - why have we not heard more from anesthesiologists?

I'm in the UK, and at the time they knew about propofol, anaesthetists were all over the news reports here. In the US i believe the same was happening. It's all on youtube. But propofol is old news. When the trial gets going, you will hear it all again. I don't think anaesthetists would comment on the news unless they were asked. It is such a bizarre thing to use propofol at home, why would any doctor comment further? There is not much to discuss. However, i'm sure the prosecution have their medical witnesses all lined up.

Here is something else;
In a hospital or operating room, a Propofol overdose is treated by immediately ceasing the drug's infusion, then beginning respiratory and cardiac support while other drugs are administered to increase blood pressure, helping re-perfuse tissues with blood and oxygen until the drug is eliminated by the body and the patient regains consciousness.  The time required to clear Propofol depends mainly on the amount of Propofol given and over what period of time as well as the ability of the patient's liver and kidneys to metabolize and eliminate the drug.

By the way, did you know that MJ had uneven levels of propofol in his body?

:?  What does that mean uneven levels of propofol in the body? How is that possible if even possible?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

This link posted on the previous forum, I think it is good to read again, this is the link;

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "paula-c"
This link posted on the previous forum, I think it is good to read again, this is the link;

OK I'm going to reply to that, just not at this minute. There are several things wrong with that article and issues that the article fails to address.

Yes, there were uneven levels of propofol in his body according to Harvey Levin - who said that his source was the coroner. Apparently the side of the body that was used for the propofol IV has LESS than the other side. Much can be read into that. Don't forget, when paramedics arrived there was no pulse, so no circulation. It appears that Murray attached a saline drip through the same point the propofol was administered before paramedics got there. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the uneven levels of propofol. You would think the drip would have to have been in for some time to have altered any concentrations in the blood stream.

I think some revelations are on the way. I get a feeling the Jackson's have nailed their medical evidence.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I did not read the report (I question the credibility of it) but I am wondering if they are implying a difference in propofol levels in venous blood compared to arterial blood and various body tissues (muscle, brain, adipose tissue)?  My logic tells me there would naturally be a difference in all due to the rate of uptake per tissue and the metabolism of it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Quote from: "michaelsupporter"
I did not read the report (I question the credibility of it) but I am wondering if they are implying a difference in propofol levels in venous blood compared to arterial blood and various body tissues (muscle, brain, adipose tissue)?  My logic tells me there would naturally be a difference in all due to the rate of uptake per tissue and the metabolism of it.

Yes they did.
The samples were sent to toxicology. Different levels of Propofol were found in all of them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Won't you just let me be?..."

The inference was not that the different levels were found in the different organs.....you would expect that anyway. The inference was that one side of the body had a build-up compared to the other side. There is so much medical evidence we have not seen yet.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

A snippet of propofol science - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions