airieslady

Re: PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS!! (THISISALSOIT)
February 23, 2010, 11:39:32 PM
It would seem strange that Paul Anka would sing this song after supposedly "sued" Michael for this song rights and get paid.    And then perform it with Michael in it.  Like, hey, I sued over this song but now I am going to perform it with the guy I sued.  Why wouldn't he just sing it himself live in his live show?  Just strange... but then what isn't?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Is it scary for you baby... The evil in truth...Let the performance begin... BAM!

Re: PAUL ANKA INTRODUCES MJ!??
February 24, 2010, 12:04:12 AM
Quote from: "doreentbird"
not only does this sound live to me..but notice that Paul Anka looks up and around before he says Michaels name.  This is totally live!
@doreentbird, oh yes, it is totally live.  When I get to 3:10 and heard Michael's voice, I thought I was going to be sick.  I mean physically sick because it is live to me.  His voice here sounds so different from the two tracks on TII.  This is the third time that this has happened:

1. Grammys Earth Song
2. Olympics The New We Are The World
3. Paul Anka This Is It performance

If this keeps happening I am going to go crazy.  I miss you so much MJ.  I do not know what to do with myself.  The pain is unbearable at times like this :cry: .  MJ, if you are out there, please send us your fans a sign that you are okay.  I love you more than words can express, MJ.  You are sewn into my heart and you are apart of  my DNA, MJ.  No one in the world will ever stop me from loving you or make me give up on finding out what happened to you on June 25th, 2009.   MJ, I love it for L.O.V.E!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

February 24, 2010, 12:20:04 AM
I found Paul Anka's hand jester or sign that he makes at 3:09 more than very interesting! :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  It is like he is signaling to someone backstage! I believe that someone is MJ! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

February 24, 2010, 01:18:50 AM
:o  :?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Michael sings live at Paul Anka's concert!!!!
February 24, 2010, 01:44:53 AM
It's definitely different, but I think it's most likely just an earlier demo of the song...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

miss j

February 24, 2010, 02:31:12 AM
Quote from: "darkchild"
I found Paul Anka's hand jester or sign that he makes at 3:09 more than very interesting! :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  It is like he is signaling to someone backstage! I believe that someone is MJ! ;)

i saw that too, then he announced..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You ain\'t heavy, you\'re my brother.

Eva R

February 24, 2010, 02:35:38 AM
it DEF sounds live. but his voice sounds so young you know. In 2009 for example or if you listen the album  invincible you hear a bit lower voice cuz he is older now ;) But yeah it def sounds very live!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love is animals
Love is the answer
Love is respect
Love is Michael
Love is my message!!

Disco

February 24, 2010, 02:57:24 AM
[quIote="mjssoulmate"]Sounds like a much younger Michael to me.

I thought it was interesting that Paul kept the song in a drawer, and that Michael also kept it in a drawer, in his new residence.  Seems weird to me.  Why should he have kept this song at his new place to be conveniently found, just in time for the "documentary".

Seems planted to me.[/quote]
[/b

This song for me has always been a big clue, The first time I heard it I contacted it to the time Michael spent in Ireland, "I feel GRAND" is an irish thing, I travel alot & I have never heard it said anywhere else & when I say it people would ask what it meant........

Why Grand????????? Why not fine????
I take it as a clue
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Its All For L.O.V.E

February 24, 2010, 03:14:29 AM
Quote from: "Disco"

I thought it was interesting that Paul kept the song in a drawer, and that Michael also kept it in a drawer, in his new residence.  Seems weird to me.  Why should he have kept this song at his new place to be conveniently found, just in time for the "documentary".

Seems planted to me.
[/b

This song for me has always been a big clue, The first time I heard it I contacted it to the time Michael spent in Ireland, "I feel GRAND" is an irish thing, I travel alot & I have never heard it said anywhere else & when I say it people would ask what it meant........

I take it as a clue
[/quote]

Possibly because "I feel grand" rhymes with "here I stand".   But you're right - I know quite a few Irish people and "grand" is a word I've heard them use ... e.g. "I had a GRAND time!"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

juliet

February 24, 2010, 03:22:19 AM
DANCINGTHEDREAM, thank you for the YTvid.

Now here's what I think. When Paul Anka was singing TII, he said the word UNDERSTAND many times before Michael starts to sing. For me , that word is very important. At the end, Paul Anka could have said "This is in memory of my good friend, Michael Jackson. May he rest in peace" or something if Michael is really dead. But instead Paul said  Michael Jackson and he pointed obliquely upward.

Now about the singing of Michael, I too believe it was him singing because his voice is his voice now not the one when he was young. Very different rendition.

I just wish I saw the concert of Paul Anka.
I sure miss Michael more now than ever.

CHRISGURL, thank you for opening this topic and thanks for sharing the YT link.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 03:45:34 AM
Quote from: "chrisgurl14"
LINK BELOW

Paul Anka performs "This Is It" and introduces Michael @ 3:10. But something was seriously off when Michael voice came on, IT SOUNDED LIVE! I thought they would use the track, cuz if Michael's supposetly dead that's the only thing they can use to have him sing that song! But it looks like Michael might have been there backstage singing the song live! :o  :shock:  :?  :|  :!:  :?:  

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Already posted at

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Disco

February 24, 2010, 04:11:29 AM
Quote from: "emeraldcity"
Quote from: "Disco"

Seems planted to me.
[/b

I take it as a clue

Possibly because "I feel grand" rhymes with "here I stand".   But you're right - I know quite a few Irish people and "grand" is a word I've heard them use ... e.g. "I had a GRAND time!"[/quote]

Thats just it Emerald, I dont think michael wrote songs to make them rhyme, "Grand" is not a word that you would put into that context, In my opinion Michael put it there for people to question it & discover it was a very irish thing to say.........just my thoughts on it  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Its All For L.O.V.E

February 24, 2010, 04:15:39 AM
Quote from: "ILWOLVES"
Quote from: "tabloidburn"
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Sorry but I doubt very much that this is Live. Paul Anka is on tour, he sings this song every concert. It is very unlikely that Michael is touring with Anka. It does sound different to me than the CD version but there are two possible explanations for that. One, Paul Anka has his own version of the song (which has been stripped so the live music plays with it) or Michael recorded a different version of the song (when that would have been done is the question).

Paul Anka tour dates:

more questions:
who's to say that he's not using playback in other shows and it was just this one?
i also think it is unlikely, that michael is on tour with paul anka, but he could do one show?
and how come this particular performance ends up on youtube?
is there even another recorded version of 'this is it' other than the one heard on cd, since michael also had all the tapes from that session? this one definitely is different regarding the intonation.

one of michael's main features: you can almost not tell a difference between him singing in the studio or live (listen to 'another part of me' from the album and then live - same energy). almost... :mrgreen:

Ok first of all, I have been watching festival de viña since I was 5, so I can really tell when thats pre-recorded and playback, second.
all is possible.
and the TIAI redirect.

what you mean? you can tell live or not live by attending a festival regularly?
you don't see mj, you just hear him, it's quite different from actually seeing someone sing.
and of course you supposed to think 'playback' when you don't see the person, especially when he's supossed to be dead.  
i'm not saying it is live for sure but it is definitely different from the cd-version we all heard. i have a musical background myself (not watching, making it) and very good ears, i can tell even little differences and i'm usually right.  
and who could have the tapes if not michael, when paul anka said he didn't even remember the song anymore until now and all the tapes are allegedly 'gone'?

what gets me most is the fact that there is no 'may he rest in peace', 'god bless his soul' or anything. it's an announcement.

but you're right: anything is possible. it's michael jackson.  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

juliet

February 24, 2010, 04:17:18 AM
Double posts on this topic. I just posted these thoughts in the other topic:

Now here's what I think. When Paul Anka was singing TII, he said the word UNDERSTAND many times before Michael starts to sing. For me , that word is very important. At the end, Paul Anka could have said "This is in memory of my good friend, Michael Jackson. May he rest in peace" or something if Michael is really dead. But instead Paul said Michael Jackson and he pointed obliquely upward.

Now about the singing of Michael, I too believe it was him singing because his voice is his voice now not the one when he was young. Very different rendition.

I just wish I saw the concert of Paul Anka.
I sure miss Michael more now than ever.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 04:33:01 AM
Quote from: "loma"
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Its not live, its the same as the CD version with the music stripped...  you can hear the sound dip like it does in the CD from the poor recording and MJ sounds like a young MJ...  not 50 yr old Michael.

Exactly. I was gonna say that it definitely sounded more like the 20-something year old Michael.
His voice sounded different, if not better, when he got older.  ;)

erm...did anyone really hear him sing live in full voice lately? except for the tii-dvd, which was very probably re-edited soundwise, means we don't hear direct stage sound. and michael kept saying 'i'm saving my voice' several times through tii.

the only indication of 'younger/older' mike is the sound quality of the recording, which can only be improved so much, since the source were tapes, not digital recordings. whenever you see live footage, his voice doesn't really change that much over the years.  

i think his voice didn't really change that much since he was 20something, not significantly. we could hear him hit the same high notes in tii like 20 years ago sometimes. as far as i remember his last public singing was in  2006. who's to say what his voice sounds like live on stage today, without digital remastering etc.?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions