dmovie27

Re: Michael sings live at Paul Anka's concert!!!!
February 06, 2010, 02:27:53 PM
Quote from: "Batgirl73"
What emotion, when Anka announces Michael Jackson! Can you immagine when it'll really happen??? Oh my God.... Michael please, come back soon!!

I think that's what it's all kind of leading towards. So people won't be so shocked when it does happen. I think you'll be seeing more and more of these "tributes" in the coming months. MJ and Paul Anka...who knew???
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 06, 2010, 02:32:28 PM
Most of us would be surprized to learn who else welcomed MJ into their lives and who MJ's admirers are.  I was extremely respected in the music industry fellowship.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 06, 2010, 02:57:51 PM
I just listened and I am really,really speechless about what to say, this surely is explainable in many ways, but first of all I am so thrilled to see what Karma learns :!:  :idea:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 06, 2010, 04:07:50 PM
That was great! Does not sound like the same version to me either.. but they could of played with the tracks.

Wasn't Paul Anka saying that  this song was "stolen" from him? Didn't he go to court to get royalities on this song? I doubt this song was part of his set list before. Interesting.....  :| He was just here in concert - sorry I missed it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jennie

February 06, 2010, 04:22:08 PM
Quote from: "Sternschen87"
3:37
3:47
3:52
4:21

I heard differences at these points... What do you think?

3:37 definetly, I was going to say something about it when I came across your post. I agree 100%, I love that song and listen to it all the time on repeat. :lol:  :oops:
But as everyone is saying you can apparently chose to publish any version you would like... as long of course you have another version and the person is dead and cant protest....  :mrgreen:   :?  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 06, 2010, 05:15:05 PM
Quote from: "Sternschen87"
Mindblowing... Listen to 3:37!!!!! You can hear that it is not CD!!!

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o
[youtube:2qgk5w4f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D78Z_mwfs8[/youtube:2qgk5w4f]

That doesn't sound live to me.  Tiney. It's probably the version that Mr. Anka and Paul recorded.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 06, 2010, 06:06:50 PM
Quote from: "neversaynever"
That was great! Does not sound like the same version to me either.. but they could of played with the tracks.

Wasn't Paul Anka saying that  this song was "stolen" from him? Didn't he go to court to get royalities on this song? I doubt this song was part of his set list before. Interesting.....  :| He was just here in concert - sorry I missed it.

I don't think Paul went to court.  Could be wrong on that though.  I always wondered about this statement in the press.  I never heard that come out of his mouth and always wondered if the press blew that up.  Anyway........That song was licencsed through BMI and was a long time ago.  It's on their site and was there before any of that hoopla happened.  It clearly states PAUL AND MICHAEL AND THEIR RECORD COMPANIES.  That's why I always wondered about Paul's statement that Michael stole the song.  Plus,Michael doesn't use a pen without leaving a note that he took it. I thought I have found their duel copyright but can't seen to find it now..just Michael's. in his sole name.  Really thought I have seen them both together as on BMI.  1984.  Anyway, BMI comes with copyright automatically - unless the party requests otherwise.  Just letting you know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DooDoo

February 06, 2010, 06:10:10 PM
Well I am not an expert but it seems to me it's different from the cd version. It might be acappella, it might be a different take, I don't know. I'm not saying it's Michael singing live, I'm just wondering how on earth Mr Anka could put his hands on a different take from the one Sony released.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

you are my life

speechless, that\'s how you make me feel

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

February 06, 2010, 10:06:39 PM
Quote from: "simplyme"
Quote from: "neversaynever"

I don't think Paul went to court.  Could be wrong on that though.  I always wondered about this statement in the press.  I never heard that come out of his mouth and always wondered if the press blew that up.  Anyway........That song was licencsed through BMI and was a long time ago.  It's on their site and was there before any of that hoopla happened.  It clearly states PAUL AND MICHAEL AND THEIR RECORD COMPANIES.  That's why I always wondered about Paul's statement that Michael stole the song.  Plus,Michael doesn't use a pen without leaving a note that he took it. I thought I have found their duel copyright but can't seen to find it now..just Michael's. in his sole name.  Really thought I have seen them both together as on BMI.  1984.  Anyway, BMI comes with copyright automatically - unless the party requests otherwise.  Just letting you know.
Thank you for answering that. Of course, the media got hold of it and made it all "MJ stole the song". Which like you said, is not something he would do. But I didn't hear anymore about it and now Paul is singing it in concert.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 06, 2010, 10:24:17 PM
MJ performance here sounds different from original version from CD.
But cannot say whether it is live performance or something wrong with recording??  :roll:  :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

February 06, 2010, 10:31:19 PM
Quote from: "karmaknowstruth"
Most of us would be surprized to learn who else welcomed MJ into their lives and who MJ's admirers are.  I was extremely respected in the music industry fellowship.

What do you mean "I was extremely respected in the music industry fellowship"  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jennie

February 06, 2010, 10:36:10 PM
Quote from: "lynnandsofee"
Quote from: "karmaknowstruth"

What do you mean "I was extremely respected in the music industry fellowship"  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:
Yes, sorry, I dont understand either what you mean. Could you clear it up please?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 07, 2010, 05:03:42 AM
Quote from: "simplyme"

Just incase your intrested the Information about the copyright is as follows
- The song was created in 1980 -

The first registration of the song was 1983-08-08, under the title I Never Heard - Words and music: Michael Joe Jackson & Paul Anka, Copyright Claimants: Mijac Music & Paulanne Music, Inc. (This was 1 page of lead sheet, not a recording)

However,

On 1984-11-16 Michael submitted copyright information for a sound cassette recording of a song entitled "This Is It" - also created in 1980, but with Words and music: Michael Jackson,  Copyright Claimant: Mijca Music

Then,

On 1991-02-20 A New registration was filed, for a song entitled I Never Heard but this time with the creation date being 1990 (so this could and probably means they rewrote the song changing it's words and music by at least 64%). Words and music: Paul Anka & Michael Joe Jackson, Copyright Claimants: Paulanne Music, Chrysalis Songs, Mijac Music - (The basis of this claim was a change in words and music)

So there has only been one claim to a song entitled This Is It written by Michael Jackson and it is registered to one Michael Jackson, there was no new claim filed after Michael's recording in 1984 for this song under this title written by him as far as can be seen.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=85]Lift Your Head Up High and Scream Out To The World
I Know I Am Someone and Let The Truth Unfurl
No One Can Hurt You Now because You Know What\'s True
Yes, I Believe In Me, So You Believe In You[/size]

February 07, 2010, 05:10:50 AM
Quote from: "awesome1"
i actially prefer this version of it to the CD version  :D

yeah same!! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 07, 2010, 07:45:59 AM
karmaknowstruth wrote:Most of us would be surprized to learn who else welcomed MJ into their lives and who MJ's admirers are. I was extremely respected in the music industry fellowship.

Oh, terribly sorry I didn't proof read well enough.  Meant to say He was extremely respected....

Also I had sent a not to  Thethisisit1 youtuber requesting an opinion if MJ was singing live with Paul Anka during Paul's concert.  This person did a backmasking of the song Tii and found a message MJ had put in while remixing the original song.  I wanted to know if the paul anka concert version of MJ singing was prerecorded or live.  Here's the link to hearing the Tii backmasking:
Remember it was creepy?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is the reply from: Thethisisit1  youtuber

Re: need opinion w/new clues
well i don"t know if mj was singing live,but its defo not the same singing here as we hear on the cd.as mj pronounces the words totally different and has added more uhhhs to the live one.  So its not the recording of the cd being used thats for sure.
and yeah maybe paul did use the old acapella but as far as im aware it was never recorded and mj changed the lyrics to use in o9 so im really not sure....but Paul sings the old version where mj sings the new,,so it does seem odd...my audiocity program is messing up but once it is ok i will backmask but i don"t think i will be able to tell if it was live but i will see..

The more opinions the better right?

xoxoxo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions