Ok.. this is from the "Invincible" era.. so i think 2001 here.

Its a phone in interview that Michael gave,

Michael himself says he is against musicians taking drugs and abusing their bodies.

Now.. this has me stumped a bit as ive always veered towards the possibility Michael did take drugs such as Propofol...   and this could now be used in Michaels prosecution AGAINST Dr Murray if they have bothered to do their research.  So much has been made of the recordings of MJ sounding out of it, etc...  but here he is saying that he doesnt do that.  And this is fairly recent.. i know this was before the trials of 2005 and they took their toll...  but, hey..  i think he still lived by his own moral code.

I think this is a good find..  see what he says at 3.40   He isnt specifically asked about this issue, but just comes out with this himself.

[youtube:2ln8rx4a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ2Jy4ow5K4&NR=1[/youtube:2ln8rx4a]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

This is a great clip and this is why I dont believe all the things that have been said about him in the press he might have taken things for pain and to sleep but no way a junkie as they want us to believe thankyou for posting the interview.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Perhaps he's refering to heavy drugs and not painkillers? Idk... I personally think Michael looked out of it many times during the Invincible era but of course it could have been due to other reasons, e.g. stress (the situation with Sony) or perhaps plastic surgery... His eyes looked very sad and almost sleepy around that time  :( .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I find it interesting that Michael specifically says "pills"...  and drink :?

To me, if i was to refer to illegal drugs.. i would say something like "class A" or "hard" drugs..  i wouldnt say "pills"... as a pill could mean anything!

Freudian slip???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

True. However I don't think it's very clear what exactly he's refering to, he's talking about people abusing their bodies at a young age which will later affect their artistic performance. If we compare how Michael was at a young age I understand what he's coming from. In his early 20's he liked to party at Studio54 but according to other people they never saw him with a drink or doing drugs (very unusual in that environment), of course this has been said by other people and I haven't heard it from Michael himself but just considering it. He probably started having a bit of alcohol not so long after that though. But I still think he was very disciplined when it came to his body. We've heard stories about him wanting a dancers body, he himself said he'd fast on Sundays, etc. We know Michael would consume alcohol sometimes (nothing wrong in that of course) and I believe he probably used medication for anxiety (or painkillers) now and then but he probably saw it as moderate use, while "abusing" refers to heavier use. And he might be talking about "party pills" (ecstacy etc.), that's the impression I get. Idk, if I'm making any sense so sorry if I'm just blabbing  :oops:  :lol: .

I also believe it might be an image thing you know, incouraging people to take care of their bodies. I guess it's somewhat his caring nature. I know that I don't always live by my own words. E.g. I hardly ever drink soft drinks knowing the huge amount of sugar it contains and I will tell people around me drinking soft drinks about that as well but then I have to have pick and mix sweets almost every weekend (I've got a serious sweet tooth  :D ). So I'm just contradicting myself. Just like the story about Michael having wine in a diet coke can. I mean he was probably just having a drink (not abusing alcohol) which is normal but in order to "protect" his kids he wanted it in a can. I personally believe that there are so much more to Michael then what he shows in his interviews.

Btw, I really liked this interview so thank u for posting it  :D And sorry about this long reply that might not even make any sense to others...  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Although I don't believe that MJ was a hard druggie, I do believe that he may have experimented at some point with recreational drugs. Drugs are everywhere especially in the entertainment business. MJ has always carefully guarded his image so his experimentation was probably only known to insiders. Plus I do believe that he drank alcohol. I have never believed that the soda cans were used to hide his drinking from his kids. Children are taught early that there are things that adults can and will do as a right of being an adult. People can behave like themselves around their children so there was no reason for him to hide his drinking around his own kids. The cans were used to hide his drinking from fans. Many fans reject the notion that MJ behaved like an adult so they would have easily had a problem learning that MJ enjoyed drinking alcohol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Does 7:45 - 49 really remind anyone else of the TII speech?  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Call the man
Who deals in love beyond repair
He can heal the world
Of hearts in need of care
Shine a light ahead
When the next step is unclear
Call the man
He\'s needed here"

- I never can say goodbye

Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
Although I don't believe that MJ was a hard druggie, I do believe that he may have experimented at some point with recreational drugs. Drugs are everywhere especially in the entertainment business. MJ has always carefully guarded his image so his experimentation was probably only known to insiders. Plus I do believe that he drank alcohol. I have never believed that the soda cans were used to hide his drinking from his kids. Children are taught early that there are things that adults can and will do as a right of being an adult. People can behave like themselves around their children so there was no reason for him to hide his drinking around his own kids. The cans were used to hide his drinking from fans. Many fans reject the notion that MJ behaved like an adult so they would have easily had a problem learning that MJ enjoyed drinking alcohol.

Makes sense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sorry.. but the soda can story is hard fact.  On flights he drank wine from soda cans to hide his consumption from his children.

It wasnt even MJs idea.. it was the flight stewardesses and she testified to this.  Its all in the court transcripts if you read them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I disagree.. i think the term "pills" is most revealing.

Excstacy is the only recreational drug that comes in pill form, and speed.

In the music industry, the number one drug that f*cks up lives and careers is cocaine, followed by heroin and booze.  Ecstasy really isnt that popular, nor does it have the bad negative side effects or addictions as the others.

I think its significant.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I see what you mean but does that mean you believe he didn't use pills at all? Have you watched that TRL interview with Carson Daly? To me MIchael seems a bit spaced out there (still adorable of course  :) ) but it doesn't have to mean he abused something just that he'd take something sometimes. Although doing it before a televised interview might not seem the best moment to do so.

What did you think about the interview with the bodyguards?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Perhaps...but I still believe that there was a reluctance to show fans that he behaved like an adult and did adult-like things.

For decades, there was much effort  placed into constructing a wholesome image for MJ. MJ does not...or so fans think...do the things that a normal red-blooded adult  man does. Many people honestly think that this middle aged man sits around watching Disney cartoons all day or simply occupies himself by climbing trees.

Remember how surprised fans were to discover during the trial that MJ had an adult magazine collection at Neverland. That information is listed in the transcripts too.  Oh... the shock and awe that must have run through their minds upon discovering that well-hidden secret about him.  :lol:

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"

Sorry.. but the soda can story is hard fact.  On flights he drank wine from soda cans to hide his consumption from his children.

It wasnt even MJs idea.. it was the flight stewardesses and she testified to this.  Its all in the court transcripts if you read them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "alovesmichael"
I see what you mean but does that mean you believe he didn't use pills at all? Have you watched that TRL interview with Carson Daly? To me MIchael seems a bit spaced out there (still adorable of course  :) ) but it doesn't have to mean he abused something just that he'd take something sometimes. Although doing it before a televised interview might not seem the best moment to do so.

What did you think about the interview with the bodyguards?

I think its a Freudian slip.. i think MJ did take pills from time to time..   he knew it, and he slips up here when he mentions "pills" when referring to drugs that mess up lives.

Hard to think about, but the reference he makes is too obvious i think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I dont think Michael was a pill popper at all. Sure if he had a headache or something take a pill. And yes at one time when he was in alot of pain from injuries etc and was going thru some stuff perhaps he did take too much pain meds. Im not questioning that at all and certainly wont discredit him.

As for drinking...maybe he did and maybe he didnt. Probably once in awhile but truly i think Michael as a person wasnt really into alchohol. He didnt need it because i dont think it did anything for him. It just wasnt his scene.

Something that stood out was when he said as far as new dance moves goes he was going to "take them places they have never gone & danced before"
He said that in TII "We are going to take them places they have never gone before"

Another thing was great when he mentioned hip hop dancing is turning into aerobics and it is getting annoying!!! WTG Michael. Exactly my feelings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael