No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Why couldn't MJ smell?
February 15, 2010, 08:56:53 AM
Quote from: "Aintnosunshine"
Poor MJ ... his first nose job is almost 30 years ago - can you imagine what life would be like without smelling or tasting hardly anything?  I can - at the moment I have to deal with a severe cold / flu ... and I can`t wait to get my senses back !

It makes me almost cry to think of all the health issues he had to deal with:

- severe acne in adolescence (and teasing of his family)
- nose jobs (to avoid further teasing - loosing important senses)
- dicoid lupus (butterfly rashes and deep scars afterwards - which he obviously let be removed via plastic surgeries several times, other than the singer Seal who - quite visibly - seems to live with it)
- permanent risk that dicoid lupus develops into - life-threatening - systemic lupus
- vitiligo (white and dark brown blotches all over his face and body - an explanation why he was so shy and reclusive?)
- his weak lung condition (his first breakdown because of pneumonia - in late 70s or early 80s - he describes in "Moonwalker")
- his severe scalp burns because of the Pepsi-accident (and lots of painful surgeries to follow)
- hair loss because of lupus (including lashes and brows)  AND the scalp burnings
- anorexia (well documented)
- insomnia (fear of nightmares because of child-trauma when his father threatened the boys at night with horrible masks, telling them they could be kidnapped out of their bedrooms)

And - on top - all the distress because of constantly working, creating, touring - being alomost alone responsible for the whole huge family`s income ever since he was 5.... ?

And the only fun which was left for this charismatic boy-man were some playful days with his buddies at Neverland - which society accused him for in the most terrible and disgusting way?

What a life ...    :shock:

Any wonder he became dependent on pain medication?  

Thinking of all this makes me cry - really ....  :(  :(  :(

It is really awful to think of all he had to endure.  :cry:  Not very many people could be that strong.

It's very possible he couldn't smell...my Granny lost her sense of smell completely after having polyps removed, so I'd imagine that many surgeries would have done it in.  My Gran can still taste food, but she salts the heck out of it.

I don't like the smell of Bal...it's too powdery for me.  It might have smelled really nice on MJ though.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions