mykidsmum

Condom Catheter Reason
February 11, 2010, 01:34:29 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to share with you my idea behind why MJ was wearing a condom catheter.  This particular catheter fits on the outside of the penis and does not enter the urethra.  I don't believe it was hooked to a collection bag because there was no report of one.
here is my theory:

this is my theory.
-MJ had a problem with dehydration and as the report states, called Dr. Murray with that complaint
-We don't know how long MJ was wearing the condom catheter (by the way, it does not penetrate the urethra) or how long he had been collecting his urine in the bottle.
-Maybe he had a pre agreement with the Dr. to collect all his urine so that they would be able to gauge accurately how much he was going versus how much he was taking in and the color of it (the darker the color the more concentrated and more dehydrated you are)
-I'm sure, MJ trying to sleep so desperately, he didn't want to get up every time he had to pee (according to people with prostate problems, that could be VERY frequent, as often the whole bladder does not empty) and for modesty sake, used a condom catheter (does not say it was hooked to a collection bag by the way) so that he could take the tube out to pee into the bottle and not his whole penis.
-Someone mentioned that he would lose control of his bladder after being put out by propofol, but with the pressure from his prostate on his urethra, that would make involuntary urination difficult.  As you can see, his bladder was full at the time of death and with death ALL muscles relax and body fluids (someone who has normal prostate) will be released.  This is more so with the pressure of the full bladder he had.
-Therefore, it is my opinion that MJ was wearing the condom catheter in order to capture his urine in order to monitor his dehydration and hydration levels and the condom catheter allowed some modesty and allowed him not to have to get out of the bed so often. Besides, why would you get up to go to the bathroom if you were not flushing your urine away in the toilet?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Raven

Re: Condom Catheter Reason
February 11, 2010, 02:10:03 PM
Is it really necessary to discuss this? He had to wear one due to the propofol anasthesia.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

February 11, 2010, 02:24:10 PM
Quote from: "Raven"
Is it really necessary to discuss this? He had to wear one due to the propofol anasthesia.

Quite!

Tooo much information!

Sorry. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Laura

February 11, 2010, 02:34:35 PM
Quote from: "Raven"

I agree. Do we need to know all this stuff?? We are not kids and know he had problems, he was human, but discuss such medical and private things do not think  is necessary.

In anycase, thanks for the research and info :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 11, 2010, 06:42:19 PM
Thank you for explaining this to me. I read the report and admittedly did not understand some of the medical terminology. I did wonder what a condom catheter was so you have helped me by explaining what it is and why it is used.

Quote from: "mykidsmum"
Hi everyone, just wanted to share with you my idea behind why MJ was wearing a condom catheter.  This particular catheter fits on the outside of the penis and does not enter the urethra.  I don't believe it was hooked to a collection bag because there was no report of one.
here is my theory:

this is my theory.
-MJ had a problem with dehydration and as the report states, called Dr. Murray with that complaint
-We don't know how long MJ was wearing the condom catheter (by the way, it does not penetrate the urethra) or how long he had been collecting his urine in the bottle.
-Maybe he had a pre agreement with the Dr. to collect all his urine so that they would be able to gauge accurately how much he was going versus how much he was taking in and the color of it (the darker the color the more concentrated and more dehydrated you are)
-I'm sure, MJ trying to sleep so desperately, he didn't want to get up every time he had to pee (according to people with prostate problems, that could be VERY frequent, as often the whole bladder does not empty) and for modesty sake, used a condom catheter (does not say it was hooked to a collection bag by the way) so that he could take the tube out to pee into the bottle and not his whole penis.
-Someone mentioned that he would lose control of his bladder after being put out by propofol, but with the pressure from his prostate on his urethra, that would make involuntary urination difficult.  As you can see, his bladder was full at the time of death and with death ALL muscles relax and body fluids (someone who has normal prostate) will be released.  This is more so with the pressure of the full bladder he had.
-Therefore, it is my opinion that MJ was wearing the condom catheter in order to capture his urine in order to monitor his dehydration and hydration levels and the condom catheter allowed some modesty and allowed him not to have to get out of the bed so often. Besides, why would you get up to go to the bathroom if you were not flushing your urine away in the toilet?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lady J

February 11, 2010, 06:46:41 PM
sorry this might not be funny but whenever I hear the word pee on this board i have to laugh out loud  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 11, 2010, 07:29:14 PM
Quote from: "Lady J"
sorry this might not be funny but whenever I hear the word pee on this board i have to laugh out loud  :lol:
lol me too.  And I'm glad you can laugh.  It makes me laugh that people think he had to wear it because he was being put out.  It shows they don't understand the report about his prostate and how the size of his enlarged prostate would make INVOLUNTARY urinating impossible,  Therefore, I stated he must have been wearing it in order to keep watch on his hydration levels.  The report says Murray was called to Jackson with him complaining of dehydration and the fact that more than 2 cups of "pee" were found in his bladder on the autopsy table, when ALL MUSCLES ARE RELAXED and his bladder is under pressure, shows that he was not wearing it for sedation because nothing would have come out under sedation because his prostate was blocking the flow.  
-to all those people who are getting on my case about this being too personal...then don't read it and don't read the autopsy report either.  I was posting this because some people were saying he wore it so he wouldn't WET THE BED!  Give Me A BREAK!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

je

February 11, 2010, 08:24:35 PM
@mykidsmum, thanks for the post
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

mykidsmum

February 11, 2010, 08:28:11 PM
Quote from: "je"
@mykidsmum, thanks for the post
thank you for that!  It is people like you who keep me looking and posting.  Thanks :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 11, 2010, 08:53:47 PM
I guess when Michael comes back he can explain if he feels the need.  The whole bottle of urine makes me think of Dr Klein's story to TMZ. Oh well - I think there's a lot of falsities about this.
Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:54:59 AM by voiceforthesilent
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

February 11, 2010, 11:42:07 PM
I don't think we really need to know this much about him...I mean, he's gotta have some privacy right? This is a bit much...xD
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]We didn\'t lose Michael, we just can\'t find him.[/size]

"Everyone loved Michael, we all loved him, but I mean, look what we did..." --Gladys Knight