~Souza~Topic starter

We are the World Foundation
February 12, 2010, 10:42:38 PM

Check You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ABOUT THE WE ARE THE WORLD FOUNDATION

Join our community. Be part of the solution. We Are the World.
The world premiere of ‘We Are The World 25 For Haiti’ will air during NBC’s coverage of the Opening Ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics this Friday, February 12, at 7:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. CT.
The recording of ‘We Are The World 25 For Haiti’ embodies the same enthusiasm, sense of purpose and generosity as the original recording 25 years ago. Through the contributions of the new voices to this rendition of ‘We Are The World,’ and with the help of our partners, the We Are The World Foundation will be committed to transparency and will help further the spirit of activism that was at the heart of the original song and movement.
We are developing mechanisms to permit our donors and members of the community to monitor the funds raised, the expenses paid, and the charitable grants funded by the We Are The World Foundation, a newly created not-for-profit organization founded by Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie who have invited Wyclef Jean, Paul Haggis, Randy Phillips, Peter Tortorici and Ambassador Luis Moreno of the Inter-American Development Bank to join them on the board. The Foundation is dedicated to raising money and to making grants to charitable organizations with meaningful and efficient relief and development programs that are responding to the continuing crisis in Haiti.

DONATE

There comes a time when we heed a certain call
When the world must come together as one.

HOW IT WORKS

All monetary donations are processed through Google Checkout for a safe, easy, and secure method of donation. Our goal is to maximize the portion of every dollar that can go to make a difference in the lives of the people of Haiti. Google Checkout is waiving all processing fees on donations.

DOWNLOAD TO DO YOUR PART:

The world premiere of ‘We Are The World 25 For Haiti’ will air during NBC’s coverage of the Opening Ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics this Friday, February 12th. Immediately following the premiere, click the Buy The Song on iTunes here to purchase the 25th Anniversary version of the song or accompanying video ‘We Are The World 25 for Haiti’. It’s not a donation, but proceeds of each download go to the Foundation to help those in need. The artists have agreed to forego payment, so the Foundation can receive a greater share of the proceeds. iTunes has even waived its share of the proceeds for downloads for the first months of the Foundation’s campaign.

WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?

Donations are directed to We Are The World Foundation, a non-profit organization. The funds will be directed to worthwhile charities, hand-selected by the board of directors, which include Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie.

The We Are the World Foundation was formed on February 5, 2010, as a nonprofit public benefit corporation at the request of its founders, Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones. The Foundation is applying to the IRS for recognition of tax-exempt status, and our legal counsel is confident that our application will be approved. When the IRS recognizes our tax-exempt status, that recognition will be retroactive to the date the Foundation was formed.

THE SONG
THE STORY, THE VOICES, THE MESSAGE.

[youtube:16gqtf13]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI[/youtube:16gqtf13]

Recorded on February 1st, 2010, in the same studio as the original 25 years earlier (Henson Recording Studios, formerly A&M Recording Studios) the new version, in which Jones and Richie serve as executive producers and producers, was created in collaboration with executive producers Wyclef Jean, Randy Phillips and Peter Tortorici; producers Humberto Gattica and RedOne; co-producers Rickey Minor, Mervyn Warren and Patti Austin; and project producers John Rubey and Adam Fell to benefit the Haitian earthquake relief efforts and the rebuilding of Haiti.
Academy Award-winning writer-director Paul Haggis (Crash, Million Dollar Baby), whose own personal efforts as well as those of Artists for Peace and Justice have already saved countless lives in Haiti, filmed the private recording session to create the accompanying video and “behind-the-scenes” production, and serves as Film Director and as an Executive Producer with Jones, Richie, Jean, Phillips and Tortorici.

Quincy said, “25 years ago, the entertainment industry showed the power of community to help our fellow man when we recorded ‘We Are The World’ to bring relief to those suffering from famine in Ethiopia. And while the need to assistant Africa continues, today the country of Haiti is suffering immeasurably from the destruction due to the recent earthquake and is in immediate need of relief that will last long after the television cameras have left. As artists, we have joined together on this 25th anniversary and in the spirit of ‘We Are The World’ to help meet that need.”
    “What an unbelievable group of people who have come together to give their voices, for a cause to start the healing of a people who have experienced a devastation of such magnitude,” said Richie. “We believe ‘We Are The World – 25 for Haiti’ can be the start of the healing process.”
    “I’m thrilled Quincy, Lionel and Randy invited me to be a part of something so wonderful in which we are standing side by side with Haitian artists and community to help them rebuild their broken nation,” stated Paul Haggis.
    “On January 12th, the people of Haiti were faced with a tragedy unlike anything the country has ever experienced,” said Wyclef Jean, songwriter and cofounder of the We Are The World Foundation. “Today, I am proud to be joined by so many members of the artistic community that want to support the region and have donated their time and talents to providing an effective way for the global community to get involved with helping the Haitian population.”
    [/list]

The 25th Anniversary recording features over 80 artists and performers. The recording of ‘We Are The World 25 For Haiti’ embodied the same enthusiasm, sense of purpose and generosity as the original recording 25 years ago. Every one of the artists who participated, regardless of genre or generation, walked into the room with their hearts and souls completely open to coming together to help the people of Haiti.
    This production was made possible through financial support from Visa Inc.

ARTISTS FOR HAITI

QUINCY JONES – Executive Producer
    LIONEL RICHIE – Executive Producer
    WYCLEF JEAN – Executive Producer
    RICKEY MINOR – Producer
    RedOne – Producer
    CARLOS SANTANA
    JENNIFER HUDSON
    JAMIE FOXX
    SUGARLAND
    ADAM LEVINE
    JASON MRAZ
    EARTH WIND & FIRE
    NATALIE COLE
    THE JONAS BROTHERS
    T PAIN
    BRIAN WILSON
    JUSTIN BIEBER
    NICOLE SCHERZINGER
    INDIA.ARIE
    JULIANNE HOUGH
    MARY MARY
    MELANIE FIONA
    BEBE WINANS
    MYA
    TYRESE GIBSON
    ANTHONY HAMILTON
    RAPHAEL SAADIQ
    GLADYS KNIGHT
    KERI HILSON
    JOEL & BENJI MADDEN
    HEART
    BRANDY
    P!NK
    MUSIQ SOULCHILD
    MILEY CYRUS
    AKON
    JORDIN SPARKS
    CELINE DION
    ROB THOMAS
    KATHARINE McPHEE
    JEFF BRIDGES
    RANDY JACKSON
    PATTI AUSTIN
    KID CUDIUSHER
    WILL.I.AM
    KANYE WEST
    LL COOL
    JISSAC SLADE (aka The Fray)
    SNOOP DOGG
    NICOLE RICHIE
    TREY SONGZ
    ETHAN BORTNICK
    TARYLL JACKSON
    TAJ JACKSON
    TJ JACKSON
    VINCE VAUGHN
    DRAKE
    FREDA PAYNE
    FAITH EVANS
    ROBIN THICKE
    RASHIDA JONES
    BARBRA STREISAND
    JIMMY JEAN LOUIS
    ENRIQUE IGLESIAS
    ZAC BROWN
    LIL WAYNE
    TONY BENNETT
    JOSH GROBAN
    SEAN GARRETT
    HARRY CONNICK, JR.
    AL JARDINE
    BONE THUGS AND HARMONY (BIZZY BONES)
    AR RAHMENFERGIE
    MARY J. BLIGE
    ORIANTHI
    MANN
    NIPSEY HUSSLE
    IYAZ
    KEITH HARRIS
    NIKKA COSTA
    TONI BRAXTON
    FARNSWORTH BENTLEY
    PLAIN PAT
    IL TRIO

“We Are the World” is a song and charity single originally recorded by the supergroup USA for Africa in 1985. It was written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, and co-produced by Quincy Jones and Michael Omartian for the album We Are the World. Honored numerous times — including three Grammy Awards, one American Music Award and a People’s Choice Award — the song was promoted with a critically received music video, a home video, a special edition magazine, a simulcast, and several books, posters and shirts. The promotion and merchandise aided the success of “We Are the World”, which was eventually named the biggest-selling single of all time.
    In the years that have followed, USA for Africa has raised and distributed more than $63 million in revenue from the sales of more than 7 million units of the album, single and cassettes, plus nearly 2 million digital sales and related merchandise. Just over half the total was spent on emergency relief (food, medicine, and refugee services) and the balance was used to support more than 500 different relief, rehabilitation and development projects in 18 different countries in sub-Saharan Africa.

OUR EFFORTS
    DONATE: MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE

Visit this page often to see the good work YOUR dollars fund. A team of 15 Haitian film students are charged with following the work of the Foundation. Videos telling the story of where the money goes and who it helps will be posted here for all to view.
    The We Are the World Foundation is committed to transparency. We are developing mechanisms to permit our donors and members of the community to monitor the funds raised, the expenses paid, and the charitable grants funded. Our goal is to maximize the portion of every dollar that can go to make a difference in the lives of the people of Haiti.
    The Foundation is dedicated to raising money for charitable purposes and to making grants to charitable organizations with meaningful and efficient relief and development programs that are responding to the continuing crisis in Haiti. We are identifying charities whose relief programs best fit the Foundation’s vision of marshaling the support of the community for the benefit of the victims of disaster and poverty. We will begin soon to make grants and will start to see the funds put to work in charitable and relief efforts. Until then, we’ll hold and guard the funds dedicated to this important work.

WIDGET
    GRAB IT & SHARE

Keep up with the We Are The World Foundation and our on-going relief efforts. Share it with the world by posting the We Are The World 25 widget on your personal social networking pages, blog, or website.
    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

JOIN THE MAILING LIST

Stay up to date with all the latest news and info about We Are The World.
    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login[/color]
    Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions

Re: We are the World Foundation
    February 12, 2010, 10:56:24 PM
    Thanks! I love how they included "The Message" in there.   :)
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions

February 13, 2010, 12:56:18 AM
    WOW!!!!  I LOVE IT !!!

They did awesome.  I was so scared that it wasn't going to feel inspiring or something and just another celeb hype, or maybe that Michael would be forgotten in some way that he had a part in the original.  I'm happy, happy that he was in this, so sooo happy.  My favourite part of course but I got a little choked up hearing his voice, missing him still.  

I love Jennifer Hudson's voice and Wyclef Jean was full of emotion...
    and Lil' Wayne.... "just you and ME" was cute !  They were all great though.  Love the clips of the Haitian children and the little boy in blue and red dancing.. too cute !  

I pray that everyone continues to support Haiti and they are not forgotten months, years from now.    

Thanks Souza for posting.
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    "The righteous will possess the earth,
    And they will live forever on it."
    Psalm 37:29

February 13, 2010, 01:52:27 AM
    In the section, ARTISTS FOR HAITI, it leaves off Michael and Janet. They were artists even if they weren't there in person. Right?
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

February 13, 2010, 09:23:48 AM
    I think that the list of 70 includes those that were there for the recording in person.
    Quincy mentioned that there were 70 and a total of 88 people involved with the production.
    7 + 0 = 7 (of course) 8 + 8 + 16...1 + 6 = 7. Don't know what of the other 7. Maybe the less obvious 7 suggests Michael.

meanwhile, this project is wonderful & just as inspiring as 25 years ago; if not more.
    please pray for Haiti and do what you can to help the children of Haiti, all her people and this spiritual land.
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    We need to give Michael a living legacy of true honor.
    "Stand-up, stand-up" to clear his name.
    Isn\'t this the least we can do for him ?

me2

February 13, 2010, 09:38:42 AM
    i looked twice but i dont see janet in the list, i thought i saw here in the vid, and i didnt see tarryl but does he look like the tarryl from the awards?
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions

February 13, 2010, 04:08:01 PM
    Where's Janet?
    Please take out that Justin Bieber kid who stinks and put in Janet or even Michael  :x
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions

February 13, 2010, 10:49:50 PM
    Tarryl on the Grammys is very different from the one at the Dynasty program. Also it seems odd that he exits on the reality show and allows us to just see a snippet of him - while the other two remain to talk about Michael.

Also what is with Taj's twitter background - Michael Jackson - not now - never.jpg (or something like that)
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions

Eva R

February 14, 2010, 04:25:03 AM
    in the credits they also put Michael Jackson in the cast :) No I know its not weird or so but I just like it :P
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions

Love is animals
    Love is the answer
    Love is respect
    Love is Michael
    Love is my message!!

February 14, 2010, 07:29:56 PM
    O my god this version of we are the world gave me goosebumps and it brought such warmness to my heart. I have already donated to haiti through text message a while ago and was glad I got to do my part. We will continue to spread love and help to Haiti and I will always hold those people close to my heart. I just have to say I love the old and the new version of we are the world, it's a trully amazing song.
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions

February 15, 2010, 06:34:04 PM
    Hello,
              This is really great to get involved with helping out so I came across this link to We are the world Creative Corner - Quincy wants anyone who can to make videos remaking the chorus of We are the world in any way you want to . I thought it was a lovely idea but Idont have the facilities to do it but to anyone who does then here is the link;

This is the youtube site;

Love x
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    Consciousness expresses itself through creation.
    Dancers come and go in a twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on.
    I\'ve felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists.
    I become the stars and the moon.
    The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy.

ER911

February 16, 2010, 11:40:16 AM
    [youtube:2pgguxbn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpzpL4wMMA[/youtube:2pgguxbn]

Stop at 7.44  Who is the man with the hat & sunglasses? Isn't this supposed to be the new version of We Are The World?
    friendly
    funny
    informative
    agree
    disagree
    pwnt
    dislike
    late
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions

February 18, 2010, 04:11:40 PM
    Quote from: "~Souza~"

Check You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ABOUT THE WE ARE THE WORLD FOUNDATION

Join our community. Be part of the solution. We Are the World.
    The world premiere of ‘We Are The World 25 For Haiti’ will air during NBC’s coverage of the Opening Ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics this Friday, February 12, at 7:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. CT.
    The recording of ‘We Are The World 25 For Haiti’ embodies the same enthusiasm, sense of purpose and generosity as the original recording 25 years ago. Through the contributions of the new voices to this rendition of ‘We Are The World,’ and with the help of our partners, the We Are The World Foundation will be committed to transparency and will help further the spirit of activism that was at the heart of the original song and movement.
    We are developing mechanisms to permit our donors and members of the community to monitor the funds raised, the expenses paid, and the charitable grants funded by the We Are The World Foundation, a newly created not-for-profit organization founded by Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie who have invited Wyclef Jean, Paul Haggis, Randy Phillips, Peter Tortorici and Ambassador Luis Moreno of the Inter-American Development Bank to join them on the board. The Foundation is dedicated to raising money and to making grants to charitable organizations with meaningful and efficient relief and development programs that are responding to the continuing crisis in Haiti.

DONATE

There comes a time when we heed a certain call
    When the world must come together as one.

HOW IT WORKS

All monetary donations are processed through Google Checkout for a safe, easy, and secure method of donation. Our goal is to maximize the portion of every dollar that can go to make a difference in the lives of the people of Haiti. Google Checkout is waiving all processing fees on donations.

DOWNLOAD TO DO YOUR PART:

The world premiere of ‘We Are The World 25 For Haiti’ will air during NBC’s coverage of the Opening Ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics this Friday, February 12th. Immediately following the premiere, click the Buy The Song on iTunes here to purchase the 25th Anniversary version of the song or accompanying video ‘We Are The World 25 for Haiti’. It’s not a donation, but proceeds of each download go to the Foundation to help those in need. The artists have agreed to forego payment, so the Foundation can receive a greater share of the proceeds. iTunes has even waived its share of the proceeds for downloads for the first months of the Foundation’s campaign.

WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?

Donations are directed to We Are The World Foundation, a non-profit organization. The funds will be directed to worthwhile charities, hand-selected by the board of directors, which include Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie.

The We Are the World Foundation was formed on February 5, 2010, as a nonprofit public benefit corporation at the request of its founders, Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones. The Foundation is applying to the IRS for recognition of tax-exempt status, and our legal counsel is confident that our application will be approved. When the IRS recognizes our tax-exempt status, that recognition will be retroactive to the date the Foundation was formed.

THE SONG
    THE STORY, THE VOICES, THE MESSAGE.

[youtube:13c6117y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI[/youtube:13c6117y]

Recorded on February 1st, 2010, in the same studio as the original 25 years earlier (Henson Recording Studios, formerly A&M Recording Studios) the new version, in which Jones and Richie serve as executive producers and producers, was created in collaboration with executive producers Wyclef Jean, Randy Phillips and Peter Tortorici; producers Humberto Gattica and RedOne; co-producers Rickey Minor, Mervyn Warren and Patti Austin; and project producers John Rubey and Adam Fell to benefit the Haitian earthquake relief efforts and the rebuilding of Haiti.
    Academy Award-winning writer-director Paul Haggis (Crash, Million Dollar Baby), whose own personal efforts as well as those of Artists for Peace and Justice have already saved countless lives in Haiti, filmed the private recording session to create the accompanying video and “behind-the-scenes” production, and serves as Film Director and as an Executive Producer with Jones, Richie, Jean, Phillips and Tortorici.

Quincy said, “25 years ago, the entertainment industry showed the power of community to help our fellow man when we recorded ‘We Are The World’ to bring relief to those suffering from famine in Ethiopia. And while the need to assistant Africa continues, today the country of Haiti is suffering immeasurably from the destruction due to the recent earthquake and is in immediate need of relief that will last long after the television cameras have left. As artists, we have joined together on this 25th anniversary and in the spirit of ‘We Are The World’ to help meet that need.”
      “What an unbelievable group of people who have come together to give their voices, for a cause to start the healing of a people who have experienced a devastation of such magnitude,” said Richie. “We believe ‘We Are The World – 25 for Haiti’ can be the start of the healing process.”
      “I’m thrilled Quincy, Lionel and Randy invited me to be a part of something so wonderful in which we are standing side by side with Haitian artists and community to help them rebuild their broken nation,” stated Paul Haggis.
      “On January 12th, the people of Haiti were faced with a tragedy unlike anything the country has ever experienced,” said Wyclef Jean, songwriter and cofounder of the We Are The World Foundation. “Today, I am proud to be joined by so many members of the artistic community that want to support the region and have donated their time and talents to providing an effective way for the global community to get involved with helping the Haitian population.”
      [/list]

The 25th Anniversary recording features over 80 artists and performers. The recording of ‘We Are The World 25 For Haiti’ embodied the same enthusiasm, sense of purpose and generosity as the original recording 25 years ago. Every one of the artists who participated, regardless of genre or generation, walked into the room with their hearts and souls completely open to coming together to help the people of Haiti.
      This production was made possible through financial support from Visa Inc.

ARTISTS FOR HAITI

QUINCY JONES – Executive Producer
      LIONEL RICHIE – Executive Producer
      WYCLEF JEAN – Executive Producer
      RICKEY MINOR – Producer
      RedOne – Producer
      CARLOS SANTANA
      JENNIFER HUDSON
      JAMIE FOXX
      SUGARLAND
      ADAM LEVINE
      JASON MRAZ
      EARTH WIND & FIRE
      NATALIE COLE
      THE JONAS BROTHERS
      T PAIN
      BRIAN WILSON
      JUSTIN BIEBER
      NICOLE SCHERZINGER
      INDIA.ARIE
      JULIANNE HOUGH
      MARY MARY
      MELANIE FIONA
      BEBE WINANS
      MYA
      TYRESE GIBSON
      ANTHONY HAMILTON
      RAPHAEL SAADIQ
      GLADYS KNIGHT
      KERI HILSON
      JOEL & BENJI MADDEN
      HEART
      BRANDY
      P!NK
      MUSIQ SOULCHILD
      MILEY CYRUS
      AKON
      JORDIN SPARKS
      CELINE DION
      ROB THOMAS
      KATHARINE McPHEE
      JEFF BRIDGES
      RANDY JACKSON
      PATTI AUSTIN
      KID CUDIUSHER
      WILL.I.AM
      KANYE WEST
      LL COOL
      JISSAC SLADE (aka The Fray)
      SNOOP DOGG
      NICOLE RICHIE
      TREY SONGZ
      ETHAN BORTNICK
      TARYLL JACKSON
      TAJ JACKSON
      TJ JACKSON
      VINCE VAUGHN
      DRAKE
      FREDA PAYNE
      FAITH EVANS
      ROBIN THICKE
      RASHIDA JONES
      BARBRA STREISAND
      JIMMY JEAN LOUIS
      ENRIQUE IGLESIAS
      ZAC BROWN
      LIL WAYNE
      TONY BENNETT
      JOSH GROBAN
      SEAN GARRETT
      HARRY CONNICK, JR.
      AL JARDINE
      BONE THUGS AND HARMONY (BIZZY BONES)
      AR RAHMENFERGIE
      MARY J. BLIGE
      ORIANTHI
      MANN
      NIPSEY HUSSLE
      IYAZ
      KEITH HARRIS
      NIKKA COSTA
      TONI BRAXTON
      FARNSWORTH BENTLEY
      PLAIN PAT
      IL TRIO

“We Are the World” is a song and charity single originally recorded by the supergroup USA for Africa in 1985. It was written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, and co-produced by Quincy Jones and Michael Omartian for the album We Are the World. Honored numerous times — including three Grammy Awards, one American Music Award and a People’s Choice Award — the song was promoted with a critically received music video, a home video, a special edition magazine, a simulcast, and several books, posters and shirts. The promotion and merchandise aided the success of “We Are the World”, which was eventually named the biggest-selling single of all time.
      In the years that have followed, USA for Africa has raised and distributed more than $63 million in revenue from the sales of more than 7 million units of the album, single and cassettes, plus nearly 2 million digital sales and related merchandise. Just over half the total was spent on emergency relief (food, medicine, and refugee services) and the balance was used to support more than 500 different relief, rehabilitation and development projects in 18 different countries in sub-Saharan Africa.

OUR EFFORTS
      DONATE: MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE

Visit this page often to see the good work YOUR dollars fund. A team of 15 Haitian film students are charged with following the work of the Foundation. Videos telling the story of where the money goes and who it helps will be posted here for all to view.
      The We Are the World Foundation is committed to transparency. We are developing mechanisms to permit our donors and members of the community to monitor the funds raised, the expenses paid, and the charitable grants funded. Our goal is to maximize the portion of every dollar that can go to make a difference in the lives of the people of Haiti.
      The Foundation is dedicated to raising money for charitable purposes and to making grants to charitable organizations with meaningful and efficient relief and development programs that are responding to the continuing crisis in Haiti. We are identifying charities whose relief programs best fit the Foundation’s vision of marshaling the support of the community for the benefit of the victims of disaster and poverty. We will begin soon to make grants and will start to see the funds put to work in charitable and relief efforts. Until then, we’ll hold and guard the funds dedicated to this important work.

WIDGET
      GRAB IT & SHARE

Keep up with the We Are The World Foundation and our on-going relief efforts. Share it with the world by posting the We Are The World 25 widget on your personal social networking pages, blog, or website.

JOIN THE MAILING LIST

Stay up to date with all the latest news and info about We Are The World.
      You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login[/color]
      Quote from: "ER911"
      [youtube:13c6117y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpzpL4wMMA[/youtube:13c6117y]

Stop at 7.44 Who is the man with the hat & sunglasses? Isn't this supposed to be the new version of We Are The World?
      friendly
      funny
      informative
      agree
      disagree
      pwnt
      dislike
      late
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions

February 18, 2010, 04:23:14 PM
      I am a bit wary of this due to these facts:

MJs "HEAL THE WORLD" foundation - WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO IT??

See website:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from their site:  For now, HTWF will NOT be putting donation funds toward any of our OWN initiatives, for hunger, homelessness. etc., but rather fortifying the charity and supporting other established charities who do address these critical issues of our day.

Instead all the profits from the Haiti song is to go to a NEW charity foundation called "WE ARE THE WORLD"

"We Are The World Foundation, a newly created not-for-profit
      organization made up of board members Quincy Jones, Lionel Richie,
      Wyclef Jean, Paul Haggis, Randy Phillips and Ambassador Louis Moreno of
      the Inter-American Development Bank. "

friendly
      funny
      informative
      agree
      disagree
      pwnt
      dislike
      late
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions

TracyK

January 03, 2011, 04:47:42 PM
      Quote from: "ER911"
      [youtube:2prjhzuv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpzpL4wMMA[/youtube:2prjhzuv]

Stop at 7.44 Who is the man with the hat & sunglasses? Isn't this supposed to be the new version of We Are The World?
      [/quote]

What do you mean Joli? I see the man that you're talking about, but I am not sure what you mean?
      friendly
      funny
      informative
      agree
      disagree
      pwnt
      dislike
      late
      No reactions
      No reactions
      No reactions