pepperTopic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Since His Death, the World Seems to Be Taking Another View of Michael Jackson

Nearly eight months after Jackson's untimely passing, the release of the new version of "We Are the World" is the latest in a string of events that have served to enhance Jackson's musical and humanitarian legacy, and begin to introduce his message and work to younger generations.

Recent months have seen increasing evidence that old and unproven allegations against Jackson are fading from public view as the world reflects more on his music and his humanitarian work. When major networks, institutions and the Olympics include Michael Jackson's work and his images in their productions and honors, it seems that the claims against him are more discredited than ever in the court of public opinion.

For example, in January, Jackson's landmark Thriller video become the first music video to be included in the National Film Archives in the United States. In addition, Jackson's Earth Song became the first 3D video presentation at a live awards show as the Grammy Awards made it one of the highlights. During the same show, two of Jackson's children, Prince and Paris, accepted a Lifetime Achievement Award on their father's behalf.

In the midst of all of this, a new Michael Jackson song, a collaboration with Lenny Kravitz, was leaked online (albeit briefly). Kravitz made a point to say that while he did not know who leaked it, that he found being in the studio with Jackson to be 'an amazing experience'. Kravitz also mentioned what a fantastic father Jackson seemed to be. Finally, Kravitz remarked that he found Jackson to have a very funny sense of humor and that the two of them laughed much of the time in the studio.

As Jackson battled ultimately unproven allegations of sexual misconduct throughout his life, his undeniable talent and messages of love and peace seemed to be lost except among his loyal fans. But as the world reflects on his life and contributions to the world and popular culture, there seems to be an undeniable shift in the way people think of, speak of, and remember Michael Jackson. His legacy and popularity, it would seem, will only grow from here."
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loma

My insides are screaming!
GAHHH!! This is great! If his death is really a hoax, his life could change forever; in a positive way!  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael, we\'ll never stop loving you.
We\'re all wishing you well, and wishing you home.

bec

Awesome. Long overdue.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

its about time...
but I truly love the fact that younger generations are being introduced to his message, its lovely to see !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael is finally being appreciated and thought of as he should have been before his "passing" -  better late than never :D  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are
perfect
to me xx

My first thought is: Lovely.
But then I get upset, where were all these people when he needed them most? Things would have been different if media wasn't that cruel and money driven.

In the end, beeing natural en genuine is what wins! (Freddy Mercury)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is wonderful and at least 4 years overdue his statement from Neverland brought me to tears because some people are just plain hateful and ignorant and condemed him before a trial he asked people to wait for the truth before they labeled and condemed him was that so damn hard to do?? Yet people crucified him because THEY were the evil ones not Michael, they spread lies because THEY were to hateful to tell the truth, some still to this day slander His name and spread lies even though THEY know the truth and have PROOF Michael was INNOCENT on ALL counts yet THEY ignore his innocence like they are blind and ignorantly trash talk him and spread lies about a man that THEY will never be intelligent enough to fathom the depths of his angelic heart and creative spirit so thier opinions dont even matter. Those intelligent enough to look through the BS and media crap to the truth and are not afraid to admit they misjudged Michael there is hope for them and the more people that wake up and leave the dark side of hate and cross to the L.O.V.E side it brings us closer to the day Michael will return to the ones that believed in him the entire time US his admirers, supporters, deffenders, protectors next to his children/family our love is the most loyal and real love he can trust. When enough people finally realize how terribley wrong they were about Michael  that thier opinions due a total one eighty and they see the REAL Michael only then will they also start to hear his message of love and unity and apply it to other people in the world and then when he sees that message he sacrificed almost a year of his life for working the way he hoped it would he just may find it in this heart and draw off our strength and love for the courage to return to his family , to us and to the World. I miss him , we miss him and he misses us. Love you Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Proud Member of MJ\'s Army...Miss U Michael are u ok? Spreading the L.O.V.E one heart at a time, I will NEVER forget how YOU impacted my life. Always Smile.

Quote from: "loma"
GAHHH!! This is great! If his death is really a hoax, his life could change forever; in a positive way!  :D

If it is a hoax, I only see the media having fun with it when he comes back out and it will probably make allot of people upset. I mean if people where jerks to him just because of some false allegations, what do you think they are going to do if he comes back and says "JK not really dead"

I see some being thankful some neutral but most upset.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Michaelareuok"
This is wonderful and at least 4 years overdue his statement from Neverland brought me to tears because some people are just plain hateful and ignorant and condemed him before a trial he asked people to wait for the truth before they labeled and condemed him was that so damn hard to do?? Yet people crucified him because THEY were the evil ones not Michael, they spread lies because THEY were to hateful to tell the truth, some still to this day slander His name and spread lies even though THEY know the truth and have PROOF Michael was INNOCENT on ALL counts yet THEY ignore his innocence like they are blind and ignorantly trash talk him and spread lies about a man that THEY will never be intelligent enough to fathom the depths of his angelic heart and creative spirit so thier opinions dont even matter. Those intelligent enough to look through the BS and media crap to the truth and are not afraid to admit they misjudged Michael there is hope for them and the more people that wake up and leave the dark side of hate and cross to the L.O.V.E side it brings us closer to the day Michael will return to the ones that believed in him the entire time US his admirers, supporters, deffenders, protectors next to his children/family our love is the most loyal and real love he can trust. When enough people finally realize how terribley wrong they were about Michael  that thier opinions due a total one eighty and they see the REAL Michael only then will they also start to hear his message of love and unity and apply it to other people in the world and then when he sees that message he sacrificed almost a year of his life for working the way he hoped it would he just may find it in this heart and draw off our strength and love for the courage to return to his family , to us and to the World. I miss him , we miss him and he misses us. Love you Michael.

This is why people should not judge or condemn Dr Murray....  give him a fair trial and his day in court.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

We are his true fans and forget those bandwagon hoppers they hated him and now he "died" and they love him do you think Michael will embrace those people he knows who liked him for who he really is, the hoax is also opening his eyes I mean look at all these people claiming to be his friends and trying to profit off his "death", there going to be very shocked when the King returns
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael knocking out the media one day at a time lool

What an Amazing thing for Michael Jackson, the King Of Pop. Ever since his death hes been receiving recognition for the type of work that he has accomplished over the course of his life, and those allegations/accusations are slowly starting to fade. I walk into a restaurant and I finally hear Michael Jackson playing on the speakers. I go to a grocery store, and I hear his music play again. I'd like to think that hes slowly gaining his respect again. It's been 21 years since Michael Jackson has received positive publicity. great job!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Coming soon to a trial near you; MJ: the resurrection

topsecretgirl

I think it is sad, that he had to 'die' to get the people like him and his music again. Now he's all the time on tv, radio,in the shops ... When I'm driving my car and (of course) I have his cd on and I switch to radio, I hear him again ! his song is playing on the radio too!!! That' happened a lot lately, really weird!! But nice! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's sad that he gets the appreciation and acknowledgement after his 'death'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

Quote from: "beatit"
Quote from: "loma"

If it is a hoax, I only see the media having fun with it when he comes back out and it will probably make allot of people upset. I mean if people where jerks to him just because of some false allegations, what do you think they are going to do if he comes back and says "JK not really dead"

I see some being thankful some neutral but most upset.

THOSE WHO GET UPSET WITH HIM WILL NOT BE HIS "TRUE" FANS. MJ HAS FANS THEN HE HAS TRUE FANS. THOSE WHO WILL STICK BY HIS SIDE THRU THICK AND THIN. I WILL ACCEPT WHATEVER HE TELLS US ON WHY THIS WAS DONE. NO JUDGEMENT. JUST ACCEPTANCE. THIS WORLD HAS PUT HIM THRU HELL. I THINK ITS ABOUT TIME WE ALL ALLOW HIM TO LIVE LIKE A REAL HUMAN BEING FOR ONCE.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~~spreading the love~~~lets heal the world~~
~~Oklahomas most dedicated fan....Sheryll~~
~~~~~~~I Love U Michael~~~~~~~

He deserves it !!! He deserves all this and much more !!! Finally !! :D  

Love you Michael !! God bless you !! Long live the king !!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions