A haunting remark
February 14, 2010, 09:27:06 AM
There is something Joseph said way early on when all this transpired.  He said something to the effect of, it's too bad he (meaning MJ) isn't around to hear all the support he had.  Or something like, where was all of this when he was alive, or maybe he said here, rather than the word alive.  But anyway, you get the drift.  

After all this time, it still keeps bugging me.  It's as if he was saying, this was done so that he could see all the support and how well he is still loved from around the world, or perhaps in the U.S.  Because I just don't think he got the L.O.V.E. from the U.S. like he did from other countries.  Probably because of all the bad media coverage in this country.  And I am not knocking the (U.S.), I'm a proud citizen and have lived here all my life, but I'm just saying all the negative coverage of the trial, and all the garbage that we have been feed here.  It's gross, and that is an understatement. I keep thinking of all the years that Diane Dimond (or however she spells her name) kept after him.  And Nancy Grace, she was all over him during that trial, and now that he is gone, she's all sympathetic.  It's all about ratings for her show, NOT JUSTICE.

Guess I should get off the soap box now  :)

Anyway, do you think I am reading more into what Joseph said or was he giving some type of clue.

Another thing is the odd story Marlon told at the public memorial.  The story about MJ dressing like an old man, very odd timing, IMO.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: A haunting remark
February 14, 2010, 11:01:37 AM
yup I remember Joseph saying that, I dont know what to make of that though!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

zyla

February 14, 2010, 11:16:08 AM
Ratings probably plays a part in it. It was the biggest entertainment news story of 2009 if not the entire decade. But you know what, I think people, especially the media, were being truly sympathetic as well. I think they felt bad for all those years of torturing him and calling him names and making up stories and tarnishing his name. The media really did eff up his life and now that he's gone, I think they felt bad. So there's probably some true sympathy there :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
your love is magical ...

I see the clues
I know what\'s true.

"the troot will prevail",
and I can\'t wait. (]

Raven

February 14, 2010, 11:57:35 AM
Quote from: "MeandMyShadow"
There is something Joseph said way early on when all this transpired.  He said something to the effect of, it's too bad he (meaning MJ) isn't around to hear all the support he had.  Or something like, where was all of this when he was alive, or maybe he said here, rather than the word alive.  But anyway, you get the drift.  

After all this time, it still keeps bugging me.  It's as if he was saying, this was done so that he could see all the support and how well he is still loved from around the world, or perhaps in the U.S.  Because I just don't think he got the L.O.V.E. from the U.S. like he did from other countries.  Probably because of all the bad media coverage in this country.  And I am not knocking the (U.S.), I'm a proud citizen and have lived here all my life, but I'm just saying all the negative coverage of the trial, and all the garbage that we have been feed here.  It's gross, and that is an understatement. I keep thinking of all the years that Diane Dimond (or however she spells her name) kept after him.  And Nancy Grace, she was all over him during that trial, and now that he is gone, she's all sympathetic.  It's all about ratings for her show, NOT JUSTICE.

Guess I should get off the soap box now  :)

Anyway, do you think I am reading more into what Joseph said or was he giving some type of clue.

Another thing is the odd story Marlon told at the public memorial.  The story about MJ dressing like an old man, very odd timing, IMO.
Very true. Fans are however not completely powerless. Websites get paid by the advertising that is on that page, which is often done per click or per view. So if you click on a link of a tabloid page, the tabloid is immediately getting paid by the ad.

Sadly this means that eventhough you totally do not agree with what is written on a page, or even write an angry defensive comment, as soon as you have visited the page you have paid the tabloid.
Good news is, you can do something about it: vote with the boot. Fans should warn eachother and people need to be aware of this, and rather than posting a link in a forum, just copy the text of the page and include the link so others don't need to click on it (and pay the tabloid that did the nasty writing).
Otherway around, you can ofcourse "reward" stories you approve by clicking on them.

Some more detailed info about this:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

liegi

February 14, 2010, 01:49:05 PM
With reference to dressing up as an old man by Marlon. That was really odd timing. Why would you mention that at a Memorial?  And they did not seem grief-stricken at all.  Marlon seemed more upset about his twin brother Brandon.  Then Kenny Ortega mentioned the fact that Michael had disguised himself as an old man in a wheel chair too. It's all so hard to fathom.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2010, 02:46:15 PM
I have to disagree, somewhat with the idea that the media is now acting out of sympathy toward Michael...
and saying nice things about him.  There are probably some who DO really feel bad, but the majority,especially the high profile ones.....like Nancy Grace, with a television show that relies on ratings to maintain her position of "high priestess of slander", will do what ever it takes.  And now it "looks good" to speak kindly of Michael (everybody else, so if I don't, I will look like the bad media lady) and that boosts ratings...( sorry but I cannot TOLERATE this woman).  To me she is the epitome of what Michael has been fighting against..  

Yes, i agree with the idea of writing out the script of the tabloid stories, rather than give the link....give the info without giving $$$ to their businesses.......Great idea.....

As for the questions of Joe's and Marlon's statements........these seem to be  completely a part of the plan.
I'm just as guilty of thinking that Joe has had is own agenda, but in reality I see a father doing his part, and saying what he needs to say to feed the right information.  Same for Marlon.....playing his role, along with the rest of the family for the purpose of seeking justice for his brother........We know that Michael has been thinking this through for a long time, and I really don't think that it was a last minute decision for him to include his family...They have likely been aware of it for some time which allowed them to have the time to know and work on what they would need to say and when.  To me, the loyalty within this family is VERY evident, and I admire that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2010, 02:58:07 PM
Quote from: "tylerjo608"
I have to disagree, somewhat with the idea that the media is now acting out of sympathy toward Michael...
and saying nice things about him.  There are probably some who DO really feel bad, but the majority,especially the high profile ones.....like Nancy Grace, with a television show that relies on ratings to maintain her position of "high priestess of slander", will do what ever it takes.  And now it "looks good" to speak kindly of Michael (everybody else, so if I don't, I will look like the bad media lady) and that boosts ratings...( sorry but I cannot TOLERATE this woman).  To me she is the epitome of what Michael has been fighting against..  

Yes, i agree with the idea of writing out the script of the tabloid stories, rather than give the link....give the info without giving $$$ to their businesses.......Great idea.....

As for the questions of Joe's and Marlon's statements........these seem to be  completely a part of the plan.
I'm just as guilty of thinking that Joe has had is own agenda, but in reality I see a father doing his part, and saying what he needs to say to feed the right information.  Same for Marlon.....playing his role, along with the rest of the family for the purpose of seeking justice for his brother........We know that Michael has been thinking this through for a long time, and I really don't think that it was a last minute decision for him to include his family...They have likely been aware of it for some time which allowed them to have the time to know and work on what they would need to say and when.  To me, the loyalty within this family is VERY evident, and I admire that.

Oh I agree totally in regards to the media and especially Nancy Grace.  I cannot stand her!!!  

There is one nagging thing that is really bothering me in regards to believing the hoax.  Not that I don't, I do believe he is alive and will return.  But the little tiny doubt seed is Katherine.  I can't see her being able to carry this out.  Not that she wouldn't do anything for her son, I'm sure she would and is.  But...she is said to be a really devout Jehovah Witness.  Would she be in on this, knowing her very strong beliefs?  And, if she isn't, I cannot imagine MJ faking his death and letting her believe he is really gone.  

This is the only real problem I am having believing 100 percent.  I don't have a problem with his children being in on it.  I guess I just need to accept that she would do anything to help her son, even go along and play her part in all of this, but I'm having trouble swallowing it.  Could someone help me with this?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2010, 03:55:59 PM
Quote from: "MeandMyShadow"
Quote from: "tylerjo608"

Oh I agree totally in regards to the media and especially Nancy Grace.  I cannot stand her!!!  

There is one nagging thing that is really bothering me in regards to believing the hoax.  Not that I don't, I do believe he is alive and will return.  But the little tiny doubt seed is Katherine.  I can't see her being able to carry this out.  Not that she wouldn't do anything for her son, I'm sure she would and is.  But...she is said to be a really devout Jehovah Witness.  Would she be in on this, knowing her very strong beliefs?  And, if she isn't, I cannot imagine MJ faking his death and letting her believe he is really gone.  

This is the only real problem I am having believing 100 percent.  I don't have a problem with his children being in on it.  I guess I just need to accept that she would do anything to help her son, even go along and play her part in all of this, but I'm having trouble swallowing it.  Could someone help me with this?

This would not be the first time katherine went against her beliefs for MJ. I remember something about him wanting to celebrate her birthday and she did but she said only if the gifts are in paper bags. So I could totally think she would say something like "ok, but only if its for a good reason" and I think she would do anything for him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions