Re: Jermaine's ready to be LEAD SINGER
February 16, 2010, 01:00:28 PM
Quote from: "Venus7"
Quote from: "tabloidburn"

i kinda feel the same way. jermaine is the one trying to look like michael with the clothes and wearing the same model sunglasses (many do, but it's like he's always got them on). and he always talks about 'carrying on as michael would want us to', like michael had any plans to join them. i don't recall that, rather the opposite, whenever michael was asked, he wouldn't want a reunion as the jackson 5. if that were so, they could have did that a long time ago. now that michael is not around anymore, jermaine makes like this was a longterm planned thing and he was 'oh so close' to michael. where were all of them (especially jermaine, being his 'backbone' - ??? -) in recent years?
sorry for saying that, but i can't stand jermaine right now. he'll jump on any money train and this is the biggest one for him yet since the jackson 5.

We don't know what their plans were before MJ's death. And we don't know if they were in MJ's life before June 25, because MJ or his help shut everyone out of his life. MJ known for that, keeping away his family and his friends, especialy after 2005.
I honestly rather see all the Jacksons  do everything to keep MJ's memories alive and not forgotten!

there you have it. if there had been any plans, i'm pretty sure there would have been something somewhere, promotion of some sort. then: if i'm someones 'backbone' and i can't get through and my last name was jackson, i would scream so loud, they would have no choice but to let me through.
other question: what kind of setlist would they come up with if everything they do now is a tribute to mj? i don't hear much of new songs, new album, new anything. what little was heard on the show was not very convincing to me musically. that also shows clearly, who the genius behind the music really was, if this was all the other 4 could come with...so, it's always been a tribute?
not meaning to knock any of the jacksons here or their work, but how come tito, marlon and jackie aren't promoting like jermaine does, if this is a joint effort?

and i don't think anyone needs a 'reminder' of michael jackson's greatness. or that anyone will ever forget. and even if i did want a reminder, i wouldn't want to see the jacksons wihtout michael, i rather play a cd or dvd then.
Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:20:15 PM by tabloidburn
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

Datroot

February 16, 2010, 01:01:56 PM
IMHO, Jermaine is the only one trying to get a new career going.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

the arabian nights

February 16, 2010, 01:04:20 PM
Quote from: "Datroot"

whats going to happen when their mother passes on, they have to get proper jobs to maintain their lifestyles
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 16, 2010, 01:18:09 PM
Quote from: "the arabian nights"

whats going to happen when their mother passes on, they have to get proper jobs to maintain their lifestyles

I really love their Mother, all this girls here loves MJ, I truelly love the mother. I really think she is a sweet mother, wife and grandma. I really want to meet her and have a nice chat with her. (I AM NOT SAYING I AM IN LOVE WITH HER, THATS SOMETHING ELSE)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

February 16, 2010, 01:27:56 PM
no one is bashing mj's mum.

i am just saying that the boys need to up their game or marry rich women
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 16, 2010, 01:31:10 PM

exactly. and what is he basing this career on? 'tributes' (if they ever happen...) to the career of his brother, not his own. not very creative...he can take any of michael's songs, sing it somewhere and get standing o's for being his brother but just as an interpreter, not a creative artist. i'd rather see usher do that and put something fresh to it than see jermaine dissolve in tears after each song or hold an emotional speech each time before he even starts singing (not discrediting his emotionality...but it gets to be too much sometimes. if you cry so much in public, you should maybe hold back with the public appearances and let yourself settle first.). but really, it's the money train for jermaine. (hey, i'm rhymin'... :lol: )
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

February 16, 2010, 01:35:43 PM
AAHAHHAHAHA!!! LOL! so funny!
BTW! I LOVE Jrmaine!! a lot of ppl dont like him or Latoya but i think they are my fav! they got character maybe not the classiest but the most fun 4 sure!
"with the first passing of Michael they had to have someone to explain that to them". wth are you trynna say! how many times could a person pass?
My mother is very much alive, she's very smart. She knows the name of every type of tree." So in order to be a fit mother you need to know names of trees? is it just me or does this sound very irrelevant?
My mother is very much alive, she's very smart. She knows the name of every type of tree." and ppl he was the co leader of J5 ! so yea hez gunna lead  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 16, 2010, 01:38:20 PM
Quote from: "mdc"
He can lead all he wants, I ain't following.

My thoughts... 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 16, 2010, 03:22:26 PM
Quote from: "CrazyBanana"
BTW! I LOVE Jrmaine!! a lot of ppl dont like him or Latoya but i think they are my fav! they got character maybe not the classiest but the most fun 4 sure!
"with the first passing of Michael they had to have someone to explain that to them". wth are you trynna say! how many times could a person pass?
My mother is very much alive, she's very smart. She knows the name of every type of tree." So in order to be a fit mother you need to know names of trees? is it just me or does this sound very irrelevant?
My mother is very much alive, she's very smart. She knows the name of every type of tree." and ppl he was the co leader of J5 ! so yea hez gunna lead  :roll:

true, i do have fun watching jermaine act his self-selected part in this, it's entertainment after all. but he's clearly overdoing it for me. didn't mean to bash him or anything but he's like whining all the time...i mean, he agrees to do all those press dates and the second he sits down or has a cam in front of him he starts wiping tears...he should just take a break, it seems to be too much for him. it's not like he has no choice...y'all know?

'first passing', i stumbled there, too. like: and after first is second, and when was that?
and 'explain that to them'. explain what? what death is? what it means that when you die, you're dead? any kid their age would know that. you talk about stuff like that when you raise them, so i'm sure michael explained life vs. death to them at some point.

'very much alive,...knows every type of tree': i have to admit, i don't know every type of tree, does that mean i'm dumb now? but i know so much other stuff, do i still have to learn the trees now to enter the 'smart category'?
and of course she is very much alive, cuz she ain't dead yet! what kinda statement is that anyway?

jermaine: take a break, will ya? go somewhere and chill and then come back and make some sense! please?

yeah right, lead on...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

Venus7

February 16, 2010, 03:31:37 PM
I wish them luck. Don't forget that those guys were Jackson5! They also worked hard back then.
If they can do something successful in their careers good for them, because they also deserve it, they are MJ's brothers, his blood!!! For me it would be very sad if I see any Michael's family member struggle financially or working some jobs like in grocery store. They deserve to be in better situation, they were so popular with J5 and I don't want to see them end up like Jackie Wilson in poverity.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Venus7

February 16, 2010, 03:37:23 PM
If Jermaine wouldn't start this idea with J5 then what is good for?? At least he is trying do do something that will bring MJ's memories and happy times when they were together as J5.
@Jermaine: Go for it!!! Show everybody the new J5 where MJ started his wonderful career. That will keep MJ's legacy. Kick all hater's asses hard!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

February 16, 2010, 03:56:40 PM
Quote from: "Venus7"
I wish them luck. Don't forget that those guys were Jackson5! They also worked hard back then.
If they can do something successful in their careers good for them, because they also deserve it, they are MJ's brothers, his blood!!! For me it would be very sad if I see any Michael's family member struggle financially or working some jobs like in grocery store. They deserve to be in better situation, they were so popular with J5 and I don't want to see them end up like Jackie Wilson in poverity.

hi, but what happened to all the money - joe had it? or did they have it, why didn't they buy houses, prepare themselves, why wasnt there a gameplan?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

steph

February 16, 2010, 04:03:12 PM
Quote from: "QuirkyDiana"
I want him to be lead singer. I want him to make a tit of himself. With the glove on and everything. I wanna see his moonwalk!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 16, 2010, 04:41:46 PM
I really don't care what Jermaine is trying to do.  Seems to me everything he's tried since back in the limelight has failed or not come to fruition.  

About the article:  He says the strangest things.

Our life after Michael - Jermaine Jackson speaks

THE three orphaned children of Michael Jackson have been going to a Jehovah's Witness church, according to their uncle Jermaine Jackson.

"They go to the (Kingdom) Hall with my mother. We want to keep their feet on the ground," Jermaine said during his visit to Sydney.

"We want to make sure that this success doesn't go to their heads."He also confirmed the children were in counselling, adding that "with the first passing of Michael they had to have someone to explain that to them". With the children entrusted to his Jackson matriarch Katherine's custody, Jermaine said the 79-year-old was coping with Blanket, 7, Paris, 11 and Prince Michael, 12.

"It's easy for her - she brought us up," he said.

"My mother is very much alive, she's very smart. She knows the name of every type of tree."

Jermaine, in town to promote The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty which is screening on Foxtel's Arena channel, revealed Michael's children played with his son Jermajesty every day and with Tito's grandchild Royal.

Of the Foxtel show, he said: "We just wanted to show we are no different from any other family. It's my job now to try to carry the brothers on.

" I have the ability to lead, not just be a lead singer but be a leader. I'm ready to go, go, go."

Comparing Michael to Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Mother Theresa, Jermaine said: "He's special and he's a gift from God. I saw what he did with a blessing that God gave him. He's in the Guinness Book Of Records."

But he declined to comment on Michael's autopsy report because it was under investigation.

And I have to laugh everytime I hear their children's names: Royal, Jermajesty...too full of themselves.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

February 16, 2010, 05:44:05 PM
Quote from: "tabloidburn"
Quote from: "CrazyBanana"

true, i do have fun watching jermaine act his self-selected part in this, it's entertainment after all. but he's clearly overdoing it for me. didn't mean to bash him or anything but he's like whining all the time...i mean, he agrees to do all those press dates and the second he sits down or has a cam in front of him he starts wiping tears...he should just take a break, it seems to be too much for him. it's not like he has no choice...y'all know?

'first passing', i stumbled there, too. like: and after first is second, and when was that?
and 'explain that to them'. explain what? what death is? what it means that when you die, you're dead? any kid their age would know that. you talk about stuff like that when you raise them, so i'm sure michael explained life vs. death to them at some point.

'very much alive,...knows every type of tree': i have to admit, i don't know every type of tree, does that mean i'm dumb now? but i know so much other stuff, do i still have to learn the trees now to enter the 'smart category'?
and of course she is very much alive, cuz she ain't dead yet! what kinda statement is that anyway?

jermaine: take a break, will ya? go somewhere and chill and then come back and make some sense! please?

yeah right, lead on...

NO PLEASE Jermaine DONT! WE want MORE! LOL I still cant stop laughing at the tree coments!

And I have to laugh everytime I hear their children's names: Royal, Jermajesty...too full of themselves

I loved the idea behind the name jermajesty but it doesnt work with my name LOL! and I would never do that to my child!
Anyway, I love the jacksons and they are very entertaining!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions