Las Vegas Connection?
February 17, 2010, 06:56:18 PM
i would like to discuss the following that has not been addressed yet:

i posted before that i found it odd to see tony bennet in the watw-video. plus the fact, that our 'green friend' was hiding behing tony bennet's back, seemingly circled by 3t in the back and two other guys to the left and right.
i was wondering why, of all people, the green guy was hiding behind tony bennet? my first association with tony bennet was las vegas and michael stayed there for a while and also rented a house there (recently sold), in another report i saw that he had planned to buy a house there after his london performances. he and tony bennet also knew each other personally from performances (like an elizabeth taylor event), shows and recordings, since tony bennet is also collaborating with all kinds of other artists. also, michael was always a big fan of the classic entertainers and tony bennet is one of the last living legends when it comes to that. so i am pretty sure that michael made sure they met personally. was tony bennet at the memorial or the funeral? if not, why wouldn't he if he takes part in this video and sings michael's song? is he maybe a closer friend than we all know? (am i losing it???)

on the las vegas craigslist, there is an article (2007) that michael had a production in progress with will.i.am and prince (!). didn't catch that at all...

now, does anyone know the connections michael might have had in las vegas, i am pretty sure that he had some high-profile acquaintances there (like tony bennet, who definitely is highly connected). is there anything we need to look for in las vegas or connected to that? and isn't las vegas where he met murray for the first time? is las vegas where it all materialized and the whole thing started?    

i would like to have that followed up somehow, since there were also not many news about michael's time in las vegas as he was an 'outcast' then. for all i know, that was the place where he wasn't bothered so much anymore. which i could be wrong about, since i don't live in the u.s.
but i am sure he was busy nevertheless...  

looking forward to y'alls opinions.   :mrgreen:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

RK

Re: Las Vegas Connection?
February 17, 2010, 07:51:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that Verdine White the bass player from Earth Wind and Fire is the person behind green man. My husband is a hugh fan of theirs and I'm sure thats him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2010, 06:00:07 PM
Quote from: "RK"
I'm pretty sure that Verdine White the bass player from Earth Wind and Fire is the person behind green man. My husband is a hugh fan of theirs and I'm sure thats him.

thanks for that bit, any idea about the basecap guy?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

February 18, 2010, 07:35:15 PM
The only other Las Vegas connection I know about is Criss Angel.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

February 18, 2010, 09:04:05 PM
^^Doesn't Jackie live in Vegas?????????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

airieslady

February 18, 2010, 10:27:37 PM
Celine Dion said he went to see her show and then visited her and asked questions about what is like to do Vegas show.  She just was on Larry King the other night and was talking about Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Is it scary for you baby... The evil in truth...Let the performance begin... BAM!

February 18, 2010, 10:46:29 PM
Joe Jackson lives in vegas!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 19, 2010, 06:30:14 AM
given the latest info and y'alls hints so far and all the celebrities michael may have associated with during his stay in vegas until 2007, i am pretty convinced now that he has support from that community somehow. i am sure that there are underlying structures within that community that can be very helpful and it seems a good place to be, other than out of the country.

at least this could have been where the final planning took place. i remember katherine jackson saying that he was furious when he heard neverland was raided in his absence and wrecked a hotel suite. i am starting to think that this was the trigger that made everything happen that we are witnessing now. he went to the middle east after the raid and then came back to las vegas, then back to l.a. (totally in style! rocked the town ever since wherever he appeared, looked happy! skinny, but happy and content.) and 'suddenly' announces a comeback, after all that was published of him before was his 'frail health' and him 'going down' and whatnot.

'what happens in vegas, stays in vegas...!'  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

Disco

February 20, 2010, 12:32:44 AM
You mention Will.i.am
He came to Ireland & stayed with Michael for a while?!?!? Have seen an interview of them recording in studio in Ireland but still have heard nothing yet regarding what work was done there........?  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Its All For L.O.V.E

February 20, 2010, 10:43:57 AM
Quote from: "Disco"
You mention Will.i.am
He came to Ireland & stayed with Michael for a while?!?!? Have seen an interview of them recording in studio in Ireland but still have heard nothing yet regarding what work was done there........?  ;)

there are some vids on youtube about that. some guy had a camera in the studio with them ('fly on the wall'-kind) and it was commented as 'babysteps' of a collaboration. they were basically just playing around with grooves and stuff. the studio was in some reclusive castle-like building in the middle of nowhere. haven't heard anything of that since, either. still, will.i.am is one of the center figures in watw25...?

damn...am i seeing 'connections' everywhere or are they actually there? am i losing it...?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

Disco

February 20, 2010, 11:54:17 AM
Quote from: "tabloidburn"
Quote from: "Disco"
You mention Will.i.am

there are some vids on youtube about that. some guy had a camera in the studio with them ('fly on the wall'-kind) and it was commented as 'babysteps' of a collaboration. they were basically just playing around with grooves and stuff. the studio was in some reclusive castle-like building in the middle of nowhere. haven't heard anything of that since, either. still, will.i.am is one of the center figures in watw25...?

damn...am i seeing 'connections' everywhere or are they actually there? am i losing it...?

No your not losing it!!   ;)
I've been watching Will.I.Am for months now & looking for any signs, but I have to say the interview was great, Will.I.am made great comments & Michael sitting right beside him......... :)
It was in Kildare as far as I know, there is plenty of places like that here in Ireland that really are private & no-one would know you were there..........! ;)
Music with B.E.Ps & Michael would be amazing.........Soooo! Waiting to hear whatever they were doing inthe studio, I mean come on...Will.I.am didn't come to Ireland for the Guinness!!!  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Its All For L.O.V.E

Disco

February 20, 2010, 11:58:13 AM
Here is the link to the interview, there is a part 2 just continue on the right  ;)
Sorry hope I'm not going off topic here, just wanted to provide the link of what I was on about!  :)

[/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQod8jMu4PAb]

Michael seemed so cautious in this interview...... :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Its All For L.O.V.E

February 20, 2010, 02:39:26 PM
Dont know if that has anything to do with your question....:
Yesterday was the premiere of "Viva Elvis" a show that "brings elvis back to life" as some newspaper wrote..It was in las Vegas...and it s produced by the Cirque du Soleil...just like Criss Angel's Believe

and just as a reminder, C.Angel's explanation for the name of the show (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ). I just love it!

CRISS ANGEL– FROM DREAM TO REALITY

THE NAME OF THE SHOW

Criss Angel and Cirque du Soleil chose to name the show "CRISS ANGEL® Believe™" to pay homage to legendary mystifer and escape artist, Harry Houdini. On his death bed in 1926, Houdini told his wife Bess that many people will claim that they are able to communicate with him in the afterlife. To verify their claim, Houdini and Bess devised a secret code word, which would only be known between the two of them. (...) The secret code word that Harry and Bess chose…BELIEVE.

(...)

"Other than my father John Sarantakos, Harry Houdini has been one of the biggest influences in my career. Performing his signature escapes in public, it was obvious the intimate connection Houdini established with his fans. They felt if Houdini could escape from a straitjacket, maybe they too could escape from whatever constraints in life held them back; essentially provoking courage within to alleviate the fear of following their dreams from inception to fruition. Like Houdini, I like to create moments of wonder. It is very important to me the connection I make with my audience. Magic is an art form that should touch people on an emotional level. In my mind, Houdini was one of the few performers, within my craft, to make such a connection. I attempt to take that passion to a whole other level, whereas connecting with my fans in a way no artist has done since Houdini," says Criss. "This show is an original concept that I wrote over 10 years ago. It’s hard to BELIEVE that this dream is soon to become a reality. For me, it’s not about how a trick works; it’s about how you feel when you watch it. It’s the magic of emotion…CRISS ANGEL Believe."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 20, 2010, 05:05:11 PM
Quote from: "PrettyYoungTeletubby"
Dont know if that has anything to do with your question....:
Yesterday was the premiere of "Viva Elvis" a show that "brings elvis back to life" as some newspaper wrote..It was in las Vegas...and it s produced by the Cirque du Soleil...just like Criss Angel's Believe

and just as a reminder, C.Angel's explanation for the name of the show (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ). I just love it!

CRISS ANGEL– FROM DREAM TO REALITY

THE NAME OF THE SHOW

Criss Angel and Cirque du Soleil chose to name the show "CRISS ANGEL® Believe™" to pay homage to legendary mystifer and escape artist, Harry Houdini. On his death bed in 1926, Houdini told his wife Bess that many people will claim that they are able to communicate with him in the afterlife. To verify their claim, Houdini and Bess devised a secret code word, which would only be known between the two of them. (...) The secret code word that Harry and Bess chose…BELIEVE.

(...)

"Other than my father John Sarantakos, Harry Houdini has been one of the biggest influences in my career. Performing his signature escapes in public, it was obvious the intimate connection Houdini established with his fans. They felt if Houdini could escape from a straitjacket, maybe they too could escape from whatever constraints in life held them back; essentially provoking courage within to alleviate the fear of following their dreams from inception to fruition. Like Houdini, I like to create moments of wonder. It is very important to me the connection I make with my audience. Magic is an art form that should touch people on an emotional level. In my mind, Houdini was one of the few performers, within my craft, to make such a connection. I attempt to take that passion to a whole other level, whereas connecting with my fans in a way no artist has done since Houdini," says Criss. "This show is an original concept that I wrote over 10 years ago. It’s hard to BELIEVE that this dream is soon to become a reality. For me, it’s not about how a trick works; it’s about how you feel when you watch it. It’s the magic of emotion…CRISS ANGEL Believe."

:shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: (*slapping my forehead*) stupid me! houdini!!! yesss!!! that's it!
disappear in front of everybodies' eyes! (like in his short film 'ghost', when he turned to dust in front of everybody just to reappear again? like: bam!  ;) )

thank you so much for this! this is sooo coming together now...at least for me. keep posting stuff like this, i'm trying to conclude some of it here at a later point, since i started this thread. but i gotta bring some order into all this first...

remember how 'the circus came to town' the night of the 24th? then all the 'believes' all of a sudden (angel, orianthi, even sony)? now combined with the houdini-bit and the codeword..damn! what a genius!!! i'm shaking right now, this is really a great hint!  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

February 20, 2010, 05:54:27 PM
Cool!

I thought it was old news and ppl would tell me i m slow...lol...happy that helped then!

If u read the whole text on the link it s even more amazing (i cut a part cause didnt want to annoy u as it has not much to do with the thread)...

Michael Houdini! *claps hands, takes a bow at the Master*  the best is yet to com: BAM!

EDIT: yep i remember that during the memorial, they were also talking bout elephants and stuff coming to town, cause the circus was taking over at staples after....didnt know it was already on 24th june... maybe i mixed it all up now....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions