The Final Years of Michael Jackson "unmasked"
February 18, 2010, 09:36:25 PM
So, I didn't know where to put this.. I think maybe we should have a topic that is for books. I am an avid reader and will be reading a book a day that has been published about Michael until I can't hold anymore.. :D

This book is very sad. If it is true then there were too many people pushing Michael during the last years of his life.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

MJonmind

Re: The Final Years of Michael Jackson "unmasked"
February 19, 2010, 03:43:16 AM
Could you list the title, authors, and whether nice or nasty to MJ? Maybe other readers could comment on different ones. I've only read 3/4 of my MJ the magic and the madness book. From learning on these sites, I now don't accept as true tons of details I read. He was after all a reporter who knew MJ very distantly through others mostly. Have you read MJ's autobiography Moonwalker, it's so different from the others and so beautiful!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 19, 2010, 07:05:09 AM
Quote from: "MJonmind"
Could you list the title, authors, and whether nice or nasty to MJ? Maybe other readers could comment on different ones. I've only read 3/4 of my MJ the magic and the madness book. From learning on these sites, I now don't accept as true tons of details I read. He was after all a reporter who knew MJ very distantly through others mostly. Have you read MJ's autobiography Moonwalker, it's so different from the others and so beautiful!

Yep, I read that first because I wanted to hear from Michael before I heard from everyone else.  I didn't think it was beautiful really, I thought it was boring..lol..but not because I didn't want to read that book. It was because all that he talked about was just life as he knew it (go to a concert, lull time, business, go to a concert..lol). Poor thing was so young still in his saga. The thing I did like about that book as you got to see him like he would put it, that is most important. I would read it again.

I think it interesting to note here (about the The Final Years) that Ian Halperin doesn't interject his opinion MUCH, except in the beginning when he says he was going to expose Jackson as a molester.( his mind changes as he investigates) It was good work he did and a lot of it shone a great light on Michael. Some of the other stuff that might make fans uncomfortable, looks like came from sources close to Jackson and seemed very credible. Ian didn't seem to judge him on this things but just stated that the sources said this.

I start reading the book you are reading today.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

February 20, 2010, 12:57:14 AM

I am reading MJ's Moonwalker! :D  I love it! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

February 20, 2010, 01:17:49 AM
Sometimes when I see MJ on tv an he's trying to give a speech and people keep yelling, I just want to say [SHUT UP and LISTEN to his MESSAGE]. I think that MJ tried to find the good in everyone around him but how could he really trust anyone. People look at you, call you names and all you try to do is give and show LOVE but we are not just fighting people of the flesh, especially him, he was dealing with powers and principalities that we cannot see. I'm sure he knew after all his messages thru song that he was a threat to the Powers and that had to send in a wolf in sheep clothing to take out the King. I just hope he was wiser than them all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
o

February 20, 2010, 08:02:55 AM

Aargh! This book is not easy to read (I mean the Magic and The Madness). This book just seems to drone on and on. I didn't realize that it was written so long ago and at least the first part of it seems that she just copies Michael's Moonwalker in a lot of ways. I am still stuck at Motown in it.

The thing I like least is the book gives too much background on people I really don't want to hear about..lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mark Twain

February 22, 2010, 09:47:58 AM
I read the book final years a while ago and liked the first half the way they investigate and show Michael is innocent it was interesting. I dint like the second half though they go into talking about things like sociology and that MJ was not straight , there were some bad points about it that I did'nt like to read but the first half was defenately intresting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

miss j

February 22, 2010, 09:50:37 AM
Quote from: "darkchild"

I am reading MJ's Moonwalker! :D  I love it! :D

i WANT that book!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You ain\'t heavy, you\'re my brother.

word

February 22, 2010, 02:06:37 PM
That book is garbage,all though there's nothing wrong with being gay,Michael always denied he was,this book says he is,and that his so called lovers gave detail about their sex life.This book says Michael did hard drugs,another lie,Ian even went as far as saying what music Michael was listening to before he closed his eyes  for the last time,if that is true then Ian must have been there and he knows who and what "killed" Michael. Since Ian knows so much,then he need to tell the world about what happened to Michael and who is really resposible,other wise that book should be burned. The best unauthorized Biography is The Magic and the Madness, to me that's the Jackson Bible and its really credible,from Jackie's affair with Paula Abdul,to Janet Jackson's marriage to James Debarge.The book is about  all of the Jacksons including Joe and Katherine The has been updated twice,I have the original and it has more dirt in it then the newer versions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 03:44:12 PM
I think, as I said, IAN was quoting sources. He didn't say he knew anything for sure.  I want to read all of the books. Unless one of us was there when any of the alleged happened, we probably don't have much room to say anyone's sources are bad.  I don't call any book garbage (ok one book is definitely garbage and that is the diary that Chandler's uncle wrote. Not going to read it, just because I think he knows absolutely nothing about the real circumstances of anything) , but I don't believe anything anyone tells me unless I see things with my own eyes. I am definitely intrigued by each one of these stories. Doesn't mean I agree with it all, but I definitely liked "Unmasked".

I am reading two books now (the hard to read one), The Magic and The Madness and The Michael Jackson tapes. The tapes one is easier to read because it is transcripts and I love transcripts, diaries etc.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mark Twain

February 24, 2010, 03:54:48 PM
My problem is this: I'm quite curious to read all of these books but I don't want to support people that have betrayed/let Michael down by going behind his back by buying their books... The thing is we know to look at the the stories with some distance and objectivity while many others that read them will just believe everything that is written. I've heard that a lot of these books put Michael in a bad light but I guess I should judge by myself and not listen to other opinions. Haven't decided if I will read them yet so if someone want to share some details please do  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 04:36:44 PM
You all do realize that Halperin was spreading some of the worst, most disgusting lies about Michael until he "died", and only changed his mind after realizing that positive books on Michael simply sell much better now?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

February 24, 2010, 07:57:42 PM
Quote from: "alovesmichael"
My problem is this: I'm quite curious to read all of these books but I don't want to support people that have betrayed/let Michael down by going behind his back by buying their books... The thing is we know to look at the the stories with some distance and objectivity while many others that read them will just believe everything that is written. I've heard that a lot of these books put Michael in a bad light but I guess I should judge by myself and not listen to other opinions. Haven't decided if I will read them yet so if someone want to share some details please do  :)

Firstly, he admitted that he wanted to bring down Michael Jackson, he didn't hide that fact. You can't dismiss everyone that hated Michael because they may have been misinformed, that would be, unfortunately a large group of people. I want to hear what they have to say.

I can't form an opinion with my eyes shut. Understand I am not defending any of them (authors). I read both politician opinions too, and you know one side or the other has to be lying.

I don't buy them. I get them at the library.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mark Twain