~Souza~Topic starter

4 Jackson Brothers Reunite For A&E Miniseries
December 02, 2009, 04:50:05 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Well now this is a weird article:

FIRST PUBLISHED: December 2, 2009 5:01 PM EST
New York, NY --
NEW YORK (AP) — As the old saying goes, “If you like this kind of thing, you’ll like this.”

Mirroring too many other celeb-reality shows that come pledging a personal glimpse at their subjects, “The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty” is stagey, self-conscious and, most of all, self-serving on the part of its participants.

But if you’re a fan of Michael Jackson (always offstage but seldom out of mind), or even the observable members of the Jackson 5 — Marlon, Tito, Jackie and Jermaine — you might enjoy this time spent with them.

The six-hour A&E series premieres at 9 p.m. EST, Sunday, Dec. 13, with back-to-back episodes. The high point of those first two hours comes when Jermaine Jackson cries.

Tearfully, he recalls the dark days of 1976, when the rest of the group leaped to CBS Records while only he stayed behind at Motown, being loyal, he says, “to where we started.”

“Do you know what it is to be alone? Just to be alone?” says Jermaine, choking up. “I’m out in the streets and kids are saying, ‘We don’t want your autograph, ‘cause you’re the one that broke the group up.’”

“When you came back to the group, it was one of the best, favorable memories of my life,” says Tito as the foursome shares hugs all around.

It’s hard to believe this is really the first time Jermaine has ever expressed his hurt from that rift with his brothers, as he claims. And it’s hard to overlook the fact that, during this scene of high emotion, all of them seem carefully arranged on their sectional sofa for maximum visual effect.

Even so, there’s something real going on here. It’s a nice break from all the canned, rote stuff.

The premise of the miniseries (at least when filming started last January) seems to center on the Jackson 5, including Michael, reuniting for their 40th anniversary.

OK, so we assume that Mike would be in the series too. Preparing for the anniversary, filming started in January (6 months before his 'departure'), so big chance we will see him a few minutes.

The other four brothers start planning a tour and a new album — “the best album we ever made!” Jackie crows.

They exchange lots of stock dialogue like, “I think we owe it to the fans” and, “We’re family. We’ll be the Jackson 5 till the day we die.”
Well, if you read between the lines, you can assume he means Mike is not dead, because they are still the Jackson 5  ;)

They make self-pitying remarks about the way the media abuse them, for example, “Your fans will be there for you. You have that marriage with them from day one. It’s the media that tries to come between that.”

That darn marriage-wrecking media!

They also get on each other’s nerves. In the studio last May, Jermaine records a vocal track, then heads off to lunch. Jackie decides it’s unacceptable and erases it.

“You won’t believe what happened in the studio today,” Jermaine tells his wife back at home. “I did these vocals, I was very excited about them, and the next thing I know, they were erased.”

The first hour (which includes a sentimental, staged-for-TV journey to their childhood home in Gary, Ind.) ends with the news of Michael’s death in late June.
OK, so they started in January, which means there is footage from 6 months before Mike's 'departure' and 5 months from after June 25. Yet they only have 1 hour of 6 on that first 6 months? That is odd...  :?

Even before his shocking death, it’s hard to discern from the miniseries what Michael thought about his brothers’ plans for the reunion. His involvement is apparently assumed. But he is only seen in archival footage and heard singing on the soundtrack.
So 6 months of filming and NO footage of Mike??? LMAO, what didn't he wanted us to see? That he looked better then we all assume? That the pics of skinny Mike is older than thhey are telling us? Or that his 'departure' was not on June 25, but much earlier? Food for thought at the least...

And he’s regularly mentioned.

“Your brother was the biggest artist in the world,” the Jacksons’ attorney, Virgil Roberts, tells them in the second episode, a monthafter Michael has died. “It’s put a special spotlight on you. You’re the living legacy.”

As Roberts speaks, the Jacksons’ album and tour seem to still be in the picture, at least for the sake of justifying this miniseries.
Or for the sake of money, OR Mike will still be a part of the tour. I guess time will tell.

But Jermaine isn’t in the image (and his commitment to the group is called into question) when he misses the official photo shoot. He later tells his brothers he had an eye infection.

Some reunion. And four more episodes to fill.
Yeah, with what??  :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: 4 Jackson Brothers Reunite For A&E Miniseries
December 02, 2009, 04:58:28 PM
:lol: an eye infection what about those famous sunglasses they always wear ,highlight jermaine crying :lol: ,oh please how will i sleep tonight my heart bleeds :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 02, 2009, 05:07:15 PM
Jermaine will never stop huh ?  :lol:

They exchange lots of stock dialogue like, “I think we owe it to the fans” and, “We’re family. We’ll be the Jackson 5 till the day we die.”
Well, if you read between the lines, you can assume he means Mike is not dead, because they are still the Jackson 5 ;)

Exactly... A little slip-up again?  :D

But I still have one question... I read weeks ago that Michael didn't want to do this reality show ... Has anyone seen this too? I can't remember where I saw it though...I may be wrong  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
dd64300@hotmail.com

[size=110]"Lie run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"[/size]

~Souza~Topic starter

December 02, 2009, 05:11:21 PM
Quote from: "O-drey-O"
But I still have one question... I read weeks ago that Michael didn't want to do this reality show ... Has anyone seen this too? I can't remember where I saw it though...I may be wrong  :)

No, he was going to fake his death, no time for a real life soap...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mehere

December 02, 2009, 05:16:23 PM
I'll be watching.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lorrie

December 02, 2009, 05:37:01 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
The premise of the miniseries (at least when filming started last January) seems to center on the Jackson 5, including Michael, reuniting for their 40th anniversary.

OK, so we assume that Mike would be in the series too. Preparing for the anniversary, filming started in January (6 months before his 'departure'), so big chance we will see him a few minutes.
That would be an incorrect assumption. I've been covering the television industry professionally for years with press access. It was made clear months ago when plans for A&E's Jackson reality series were first announced that Michael never intended to appear in or be involved with the show, and he didn't flm anything specifically for it as far as I know. Good for him since the series is just more of the same reality dreck that's come before it anyway.

But I still have one question... I read weeks ago that Michael didn't want to do this reality show.
You probably did read that because it's true.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 02, 2009, 07:15:42 PM
I saw a clip from the series today -- nothing but self-serving, MJ exploiting crap is what it looks like.  

The clip that I saw was taped at the time of MJ's death and the bros talking about it, etc, etc.  Fake crocodile tears (or lack thereof).  How in the heck could they tape a show at the time of their brother's death?  Where did they find the time when they were dealing with his death, the kids, the media, the autopsy, the memorial, the burial, etc.   One of the brothers (I don't remember which one) says, when he spoke to his mother she was screaming and crying into the telephone -- the same story Jermaine gave when he was all over the media in the first few days.  I hope that they rehearsed their stories better this time so that they can all stick to the same script.

I tell you it made me sick to my stomach -- I'm not sure if I can watch this.  Part of me wants to, of course, but I tell you from what I saw today I think I will have to have a bucket nearby.   :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

December 02, 2009, 07:17:39 PM
Quote from: "Lorrie"

That would be an incorrect assumption. I've been covering the television industry professionally for years with press access. It was made clear months ago when plans for A&E's Jackson reality series were first announced that Michael never intended to appear in or be involved with the show, and he didn't flm anything specifically for it as far as I know. Good for him since the series is just more of the same reality dreck that's come before it anyway.

But I still have one question... I read weeks ago that Michael didn't want to do this reality show.
You probably did read that because it's true.

I think that I read somewhere that this show was never even going to make it "to air"  -- this all changed due to Mj's fortuitous death.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

December 02, 2009, 08:08:20 PM
Quote from: "city.gal1"

I think that I read somewhere that this show was never even going to make it "to air"  -- this all changed due to Mj's fortuitous death.

I read that too! They said they had filmed a lot but since MJ wasn't involved they had shelved it until they could figure out what to do with it. Due to interest now they're running it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 02, 2009, 09:51:48 PM
[/b][/color]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Well now this is a weird article:

FIRST PUBLISHED: December 2, 2009 5:01 PM EST
New York, NY --
NEW YORK (AP) — As the old saying goes, “If you like this kind of thing, you’ll like this.”

Mirroring too many other celeb-reality shows that come pledging a personal glimpse at their subjects, “The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty” is stagey, self-conscious and, most of all, self-serving on the part of its participants.

But if you’re a fan of Michael Jackson (always offstage but seldom out of mind), or even the observable members of the Jackson 5 — Marlon, Tito, Jackie and Jermaine — you might enjoy this time spent with them.

where is randy??????

The six-hour A&E series premieres at 9 p.m. EST, Sunday, Dec. 13, with back-to-back episodes. The high point of those first two hours comes when Jermaine Jackson cries.
i hope this is sarcasm...lmao hes been crying on tv for like 16 years..lmao

Tearfully, he recalls the dark days of 1976, when the rest of the group leaped to CBS Records while only he stayed behind at Motown, being loyal, he says, “to where we started.”

“Do you know what it is to be alone? Just to be alone?” says Jermaine, choking up. “I’m out in the streets and kids are saying, ‘We don’t want your autograph, ‘cause you’re the one that broke the group up.’”

kids didnt want his autograph cause he sucks..lmao j/k
“When you came back to the group, it was one of the best, favorable memories of my life,” says Tito as the foursome shares hugs all around.

It’s hard to believe this is really the first time Jermaine has ever expressed his hurt from that rift with his brothers, as he claims. And it’s hard to overlook the fact that, during this scene of high emotion, all of them seem carefully arranged on their sectional sofa for maximum visual effect.

let me guess, there on the same sofa from the "leaked" footage that ET had...when marlon was missing and they were practicing "lets get serious" which in its self is weird cause why would they sing that song..lmao..looks like there is no footage at all

Even so, there’s something real going on here. It’s a nice break from all the canned, rote stuff.

The other four brothers start planning a tour and a new album — “the best album we ever made!” Jackie crows.

Well, if you read between the lines, you can assume he means Mike is not dead, because they are still the Jackson 5  ;)

They make self-pitying remarks about the way the media abuse them, for example, “Your fans will be there for you. You have that marriage with them from day one. It’s the media that tries to come between that.”

That darn marriage-wrecking media!

They also get on each other’s nerves. In the studio last May, Jermaine records a vocal track, then heads off to lunch. Jackie decides it’s unacceptable and erases it.
i swear i read this same story in one of jermaines babymommas books. Jackie did jermaines vocals on a song on the 2300 jackson street album :?

“You won’t believe what happened in the studio today,” Jermaine tells his wife back at home. “I did these vocals, I was very excited about them, and the next thing I know, they were erased.”

The first hour (which includes a sentimental, staged-for-TV journey to their childhood home in Gary, Ind.) ends with the news of Michael’s death in late June.
OK, so they started in January, which means there is footage from 6 months before Mike's 'departure' and 5 months from after June 25. Yet they only have 1 hour of 6 on that first 6 months? That is odd...  :?
the show only being 6 episodes is whats odd..the jackson movie was 6 episodes...lmao

Even before his shocking death, it’s hard to discern from the miniseries what Michael thought about his brothers’ plans for the reunion. His involvement is apparently assumed. But he is only seen in archival footage and heard singing on the soundtrack.
what soundtrack? this is it? the mini series? wait what about this album there working on?

So 6 months of filming and NO footage of Mike??? LMAO, what didn't he wanted us to see? That he looked better then we all assume? That the pics of skinny Mike is older than thhey are telling us? Or that his 'departure' was not on June 25, but much earlier? Food for thought at the least...

And he’s regularly mentioned.

“Your brother was the biggest artist in the world,” the Jacksons’ attorney, Virgil Roberts, tells them in the second episode, a monthafter Michael has died. “It’s put a special spotlight on you. You’re the living legacy.”

As Roberts speaks, the Jacksons’ album and tour seem to still be in the picture, at least for the sake of justifying this miniseries.
Or for the sake of money, OR Mike will still be a part of the tour. I guess time will tell.

But Jermaine isn’t in the image (and his commitment to the group is called into question) when he misses the official photo shoot. He later tells his brothers he had an eye infection.

Some reunion. And four more episodes to fill.
Yeah, with what??  :lol:[/color]

so your telling me that 11months of footage, if you go from jan to nov, all we get is 6 episodes? and what i really dont get is why this article is talking about footage we already seen? we seen them on the couch, we seen the photoshoot when marlon said "jermaine said he got pink eye but when i see him hes gonna have black eye" so im lost? and yes someone please tell me what in the last 4 episodes? what about the funeral footage that i thought was for the show? and why does this article make you NOT want to watch the show..lmao hella negative

if dreams come true is the hoax being shown
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions