It's Tabloid but that's all we've got right now
February 22, 2010, 04:55:28 PM
Michael Jackson’s Estate: Concert Promoter AEG Live Attempts to Muzzle Katherine Jackson

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It's an old article, but might warrant revisiting.  I did not post it only the link because it might already have been posted earlier.  After all the reveals, however, it might be more relevant now.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Thanks.. most interesting.  Makes my heart thump to read all the people around MJ who wanted to take him down.
Mottolla has to be in on this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this is the part that concerns me:  taken from the article:

On July 22, People magazine had this tidbit about Jackson’s estate and his mother Katherine. According to People, Katherine filed a request to Jackson’s the attorneys handling Jackson’s estate to “speed up” their efforts. Katherine alleged that, so far, the attorneys “apparently intent on keeping her in the dark as much and for as long as possible.”

What’s interesting to note is just who responded to Katherine’s request: the attorneys handling the Jackson estate, John Branca and John McClain, and AEG:

“Attorneys for Jackson’s estate and AEG, which was to promote Jackson’s big comeback concert this summer in London, countered that her request is “voluminous, burdensome and invasive.” They also expressed concern that Katherine would not uphold a confidentiality agreement for Jackson’s concert deal.”

More details have emerged regarding AEG’s attempts to muzzle Katherine:

From the LA Times:

“In their filing, Katherine Jackson’s attorneys said McClain and Branca refused to provide documents they had requested or placed “cumbersome and unreasonable restrictions” on access to them.

A lawyer for McClain and Branca denied those allegations.

“Nothing could be further from the truth,” wrote lawyer Jeryll S. Cohen. She said the “cornerstone” of Katherine Jackson’s complaint was her inability to view a contract between the concert promoter AEG Live and her son. The contract covered a series of 50 concerts in London as well as unspecified film projects between the L.A.-based promoter and Jackson.

In a separate filing, a lawyer for AEG said Katherine Jackson’s legal team had refused to sign a confidentiality agreement that, among other things, barred them from using the information contained in the contract in any legal process other than the probate court proceedings.”

The Jackson estate administrators admitted that Katherine sought the details of the contract between her son and AEG. A contract which would include the details of whether the company had insured Jackson as well the amount paid to AEG if Jackson had failed to perform. The contract would also provide details about the personal physician hired by AEG. In this case, AEG has admitted it was Dr. Murray.

AEG stands to lose a considerable sum over the series of concerts Jackson failed to perform. There’s been no news that AEG has sought to recoup its losses by way of filing an insurance claim, a claim, that if AEG was telling the truth, that Jackson had passed a medical exam with “flying colors”, should be legit.

If it’s ascertained that Jackson’s death was caused by Dr. Murray’s actions, AEG, as Murray’s employer, could face a potentially massive wrongful death lawsuit from Katherine Jackson. AEG attempted to get Katherine Jackson’s attorneys to sign a confidentiality clause that would bar them using the information contained in the contract in “any legal process” other than probate court. Any “other” legal process could include a wrongful death suit filed by Katherine’s attorneys. If successful, AEG would muzzle Katherine Jackson’s attorneys as well as Katherine Jackson from revealing AEG’s role in Michael Jackson’s death.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions