mykidsmum

Dirty Diana
February 24, 2010, 09:11:05 PM
Hi everyone, I know lots of people won't agree with me and MJ himself said that this song is about certain types of fans, but I believe this song is about Diana Ross.
was doing some hunting online today and came across a woman named Antoinette Holmes (google her name to see her story) she was one of the presidents of the first J5 fan club and often baby sat the group.  It was at a hotel when she was babysitting that a 10 year old MJ confided in her that he was having sex with his older "girlfriend"  This woman said the person was a huge celebrity and she didn't name her...I think we all know who it was... (for what it is worth, I give Diana credit, I don't think she was sleeping with a 10 year old, but I think little Mike just wanted to seem cool about the LOVE of his life) any way, I found many things about their relationship...that MJ and Diana were supposed to get married when MJ was 18 but Diana pulled out of that.  There is a new biography out about Diana.  It says that Diana basically slept her way to the top.  We all know Diana had an affair with Barry Gordy and many others in the line.  There is a rumour that Diana didn't go to MJ's funeral because she and MJ's mother are in a feud.  I think Katherine is mad at her from getting involved with MJ at such a young age.  Any way, stay with me...here are they lyrics and I will tell you how they fit Diana:

You'll never make me stay
So take your weight off of me
I know your every move
So won't you just let me be
this song is written around the time that MJ was hurt that Diana didn't stick to the plan to get married when MJ turned 18 and he is still upset about it and wants to leave, he knows her every move now, how she contrives to make him believe that he is the one
I've been here times before
he's been with her and in the position he is in with her many times, the position of believing the things she says
But I was to blind to see
That you seduce every man
he now can see how she has slept with many men and worked her way up, she managed seducing MJ too at a young age, not saying it was sexual but she got his affections
This time you won't seduce me
He's realized now that she has seduced him in the past and this time is aware of it and isn't going to allow it to happen this time

She's saying that's ok
Hey baby do what you please
this is a great section of the song...this is Diana's reaction to his anger about how she led him along, she is saying, no big deal, say and do what you want, I don't care but...
I have the stuff the you want
I am the thing that you need
we all know how MJ formed a bond with Diana early on to a point where he was in love with her and really needed her, she was someone who was giving him the affection and love he needed and craved

She looked me deep in the eyes
She's touchin' me so to start
She says there's no turnin' back
they have already gone too far, they are too into each other and there is no going back to how things used to be or that she isn't going back or turning back to the promise she made him, she has gone beyond that silly promise that MJ took so seriously and thought would happen
She trapped me in her heart
this is so expressive of MJ and says so much.  She trapped MJ in her heart.  Meaning that at an early age MJ was devoted to her and was unable to look at anyone else and really was looking forward to being 18.  He was "TRAPPED" by her and this song arises out of resentment that he wasted his time and years on something that wasn't going to be

Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, no
Dirty Diana
Let me be!
you crossed me, you didn't keep your word, i wasted my life loving you, why did you do this to me...just leave me alone in my pain...let me be!  let me get over you!

Oh no...
Oh no...
Oh no...

She likes the boys in the band
She knows when they come to town
Every musician's fan after the
curtain comes down
She waits at backstage doors
For those who have prestige
Who promise fortune and fame
A life that's so carefree
now this is the section that people say is definitely about a groupie, but, take it like this...MJ realized that she sleeps around, she likes musicians who can further her career.  she knows and waits for the ones who have prestige and promise what she wants...she stabbed the supremes in the back to get to the top as well, MJ is finally becoming aware of what she does, I think that it is with age and growing up that he sees these things now and has no problem degrading her, throwing it in her face that this is all she really is, just this person who screws around to get to the top and I think he spits this out at her to hurt her.

She's says that's ok
Hey baby do what you want
I'll be your night lovin' thing
I'll be the freak you can taunt
And I don't care what you say
I want to go too far
I'll be your everything
If you make me a star
here, I don't think this is what she is saying to MJ...I think this relates to the above verse.  I think this is what she is saying to the men who can get her to the top. MJ is giving us a narrative of what he has learned about her I think he is mocking her and telling her what he knows about her... The verse "i want to go to far" could mean far as in career wise...
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, no
Dirty Diana...
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, nah
Dirty Diana, no
Dirty Diana...
Diana!
Diana!
Dirty Diana!
It's Dia...aa...aa...ana!

She said I have to go home
'Cause I'me real tired you see
this verse shows it's the end of the argument, the confrontation, there is nothing more to argue about, she is not apologizing and everyone is just tired...she needs to go home.
But I hate sleppin' alone
Why don't you come with me
now despite everything that went on in the above, the broken promise of a future, MJ finding out she used him and seduced him into loving her, his realization that she slept around...she doesn't want to let go and wants to keep things how they are...she is discounting MJ's feelings

I said my baby's at home
now, baby doesn't have to mean a girlfriend.  Everyone knows that MJ lived at home until he was almost 30.  The song wanna be starting something is about his sister LaToya and the problems she was having with her brother's wives, in the song he calls her his baby.  The sisters played girlfriends of the brothers in the Jacksons comedy show they did and I think LaToya even played a love interest of MJ in a video (say say say i think) so it's no secret to make his song marketable for the public and fans, he's not gonna say my sister or my mother...LOL!
She's probably worried tonight
this could me LaToya, they had a very close relationship, or it could be his mother.
I didn't call on the phone to
Say that I'm alright

Diana walked up to me,
She said I'm all yours tonight
again, she sees that MJ isn't playing her game anymore and she is in danger of losing him so like lots of women who are about to get the boot, they try to hold on.
At that I ran to the phone
he ran because he want's to get out of the situation he still loves her and knows it will be so easy for her to say something to get him back so he runs before her words get to him and he caves and goes with her
Sayin' baby I'm alright
I said but unlock the door.
Because I forgot the key.
She said he's not coming back
Because he's sleeping with me
now, this could mean a few things...If Kate didn't know about the extent of the relationship between Diana and MJ and MJ has decided this is the end, Diana is grasping at straws and takes this opportune moment to say...oh yeah...I'm gonna tell your mother our little secret!  Also it is rumored that Kate was jealous of the time that MJ lived with MJ and never got over the fact that MJ turned to Diana instead of her.  Kate saw Diana as a replacement mother figure and here Diana is finally spilling the beans and saying..."oh yeah, you thought it was a mother son relationship...ha ha...he's sleeping with me, he's not coming back home to you to cry.  She sees that he is serious and he's not gonna accept a casual relationship and wants it to end...The realization makes her spill their secret.  Also, MJ has spoken about how relationships and things that happen in them are not spoken about in his family and that he would be so embarassed to even have his mother at his wedding.  I see this also as a last jab, she embarasses MJ...
This is just like a typical break up scene... The one being accused of sleeping around plays it off...no big deal...ok, your upset, lets go home now and things will be better in the morning...what? your not coming back?  Fine!  Do whatever you want, see if I care...but I can take care of you tonight, we can cuddle and ...Fine...you don't want me anymore...F-you!  Hey!  MOM!  Your little boy here...he's not so little...ha ha ha...now go home to mommy!  (that was my version of Dirty Diana in a nutshell...LOL)

Ok guys, that is why I think the song is about Diana...LOL  enjoy.

Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:54:01 PM by mykidsmum
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Why Dirty Diana is Diana Ross
February 24, 2010, 09:29:53 PM
hmmm, wow!
a lot to take in lol! MJ saying he ha sex at 10! im sorry but when I was 10 I didnt know what sex is, well maybe im a lil slow but wow lol
ok so do you think he was talking about diana ross in the tapes of his phone calls with Glenda or who ever, he says something about giving Diana money and stuff, and I think he says something about he knew she did something, like she cheateded on him or something
I always thought the Diana from those tapes was dirty diana but did not think at all it could be Diana ross...
but wouldnt you think that would be the stop of their relationship? he did state he was in love with her in a magazine interview.
btw, I really enjoy your posts! the rare video of MJ that you posted has got to be my fav. the one where he calls Randy ugly LOL! and the clown photos! thanks a lot 4 those, what els.... I could go on  and on! Thanks a lot 4 all your efforts and all your posts! I love them ! <3
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 24, 2010, 09:45:36 PM
Quote from: "CrazyBanana"
hmmm, wow!
a lot to take in lol! MJ saying he ha sex at 10! im sorry but when I was 10 I didnt know what sex is, well maybe im a lil slow but wow lol
ok so do you think he was talking about diana ross in the tapes of his phone calls with Glenda or who ever, he says something about giving Diana money and stuff, and I think he says something about he knew she did something, like she cheateded on him or something
I always thought the Diana from those tapes was dirty diana but did not think at all it could be Diana ross...
but wouldnt you think that would be the stop of their relationship? he did state he was in love with her in a magazine interview.
btw, I really enjoy your posts! the rare video of MJ that you posted has got to be my fav. the one where he calls Randy ugly LOL! and the clown photos! thanks a lot 4 those, what els.... I could go on  and on! Thanks a lot 4 all your efforts and all your posts! I love them ! <3
aww thanks, I just hope you were never on the end of one of my tirades...LOL!  Any way, I don't believe that MJ had sex at 10, I was only quoting what one woman said that he said.  I think he was just trying to be a big shot but I do believe he loved Diana at age 10.  I have no doubt that something happend between them before he turned 18.  I still think he loves her...I don't think he ever stopped, but I think this song was written in anger of the realization that she wasn't the pure lady he thought she was and the promise of marrying him when he turned 18 was just a silly dream.  As for the Glenda tapes...Please, don't believe them.  I know that they show a side to MJ that few have seen but I will tell you, that is NOT MJ.  Fans want it to be MJ so bad.  I will tell you one thing you can listen to to confirm that it is not MJ...in the tapes, "MJ" starts telling Glenda about his schedule of all the places he has to be...These are all places MJ has been many many if not HUNDREDS of times before.  These are all names of places even I have heard of...In the tapes...he can't even say the names and has to spell them...not only that but there is a part where "MJ" SPEAKS a line from his song and tells glenda he will make her a tape...he attepts a few quiet shy bars of the song and then thats when he says, "I'll make you a tape of some songs."  Everyone knows MJ was not afraid to sing here and there...there is a tape of him in his home singing with the kids doing a puzzle, a tape of him walking and singing and greeting fans...he always goes into song.  There is a tape of him singing to Elizabeth on the phone and siging another BeGees song with his friend Bret Ratner...That is what he does...he doesn't sing on the tape because the person trying to pretend to be MJ can't sing...Please, there are other things too, but don't believe the tapes...Read the Rabbi book, there is more juicy stuff in there than on those dumb glenda tapes.  Thanks again for what you said about my posts.  I'm always looking for neat things. Here is a couple for you...a real tape of MJ's voice and a cute other one I found...
[youtube:3oslymfb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au7JBDOPkC4&feature=related[/youtube:3oslymfb]
[youtube:3oslymfb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3AVtzJvv8&feature=related[/youtube:3oslymfb]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wilds

February 24, 2010, 09:57:20 PM
I kinda believe it! I was talking with a fan on youtube who worked for motown back in the day and they told me all kind of stuff about Diana Ross - detailed juicyness. She was very "career oriented". She did indeed love Mikey but she was a bit self absorbed. I LOVE Diana Ross and was shocked to hear some of this stuff but then again, we are all human and have our flaws. And I don't believe Michael was actually having sex at 10 either, he was exposed to a lot of things a child shouldn't be exposed to because he was out there on the road with his father and older brothers who were doing their thing - if ya know what I mean. This is all still shocking to me though!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 24, 2010, 10:07:18 PM
Quote from: "wilds"
I kinda believe it! I was talking with a fan on youtube who worked for motown back in the day and they told me all kind of stuff about Diana Ross - detailed juicyness. She was very "career oriented". She did indeed love Mikey but she was a bit self absorbed. I LOVE Diana Ross and was shocked to hear some of this stuff but then again, we are all human and have our flaws. And I don't believe Michael was actually having sex at 10 either, he was exposed to a lot of things a child shouldn't be exposed to because he was out there on the road with his father and older brothers who were doing their thing - if ya know what I mean. This is all still shocking to me though!
ooh...anything on Diana and MJ?  What can you spill about Diana?  I still lover her no matter what too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 10:21:22 PM
Thanks a lot! the first vid is kinda sad :(
and the glenda tapes, I thought they were fake when I first heard them, but ppl started saying MJ put them out there blah blah blah and then i though the only ones i could hear were him and the transcripts are fake..
I should always go with what my hearts tells me !
and what i thought was weird is a lot of what he said he also said in the book so anyone could have made that!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wilds

February 24, 2010, 10:34:44 PM
Quote from: "mykidsmum"
ooh...anything on Diana and MJ?  What can you spill about Diana?  I still lover her no matter what too.
I'm going to pm you one of the messages I recieved from my friend because it is raw LOL! I don't want to place it here in the public forum. Anyone else who wants to read it can pm me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 24, 2010, 10:41:05 PM
I'm going to pm you one of the messages I recieved from my friend because it is raw LOL! I don't want to place it here in the public forum. Anyone else who wants to read it can pm me.
ohh...i have a message!  I just noticed!  LOL  BRB!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 11:08:08 PM
Quote from: "CrazyBanana"
hmmm, wow!
aww thanks, I just hope you were never on the end of one of my tirades...LOL!  Any way, I don't believe that MJ had sex at 10, I was only quoting what one woman said that he said.  I think he was just trying to be a big shot but I do believe he loved Diana at age 10.  I have no doubt that something happend between them before he turned 18.  I still think he loves her...I don't think he ever stopped, but I think this song was written in anger of the realization that she wasn't the pure lady he thought she was and the promise of marrying him when he turned 18 was just a silly dream.  As for the Glenda tapes...Please, don't believe them.  I know that they show a side to MJ that few have seen but I will tell you, that is NOT MJ.  Fans want it to be MJ so bad.  I will tell you one thing you can listen to to confirm that it is not MJ...in the tapes, "MJ" starts telling Glenda about his schedule of all the places he has to be...These are all places MJ has been many many if not HUNDREDS of times before.  These are all names of places even I have heard of...In the tapes...he can't even say the names and has to spell them...not only that but there is a part where "MJ" SPEAKS a line from his song and tells glenda he will make her a tape...he attepts a few quiet shy bars of the song and then thats when he says, "I'll make you a tape of some songs."  Everyone knows MJ was not afraid to sing here and there...there is a tape of him in his home singing with the kids doing a puzzle, a tape of him walking and singing and greeting fans...he always goes into song.  There is a tape of him singing to Elizabeth on the phone and siging another BeGees song with his friend Bret Ratner...That is what he does...he doesn't sing on the tape because the person trying to pretend to be MJ can't sing...Please, there are other things too, but don't believe the tapes...Read the Rabbi book, there is more juicy stuff in there than on those dumb glenda tapes.  Thanks again for what you said about my posts.  I'm always looking for neat things. Here is a couple for you...a real tape of MJ's voice and a cute other one I found...
[youtube:3eahk17v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au7JBDOPkC4&feature=related[/youtube:3eahk17v]
[youtube:3eahk17v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3AVtzJvv8&feature=related[/youtube:3eahk17v]
I disagree, I believe the Glenda tapes are really him. I know opinions vary on this but most fans I've seen know that it's him and it's not by any means only the silly ones. They've been out since 2005, I've seen discussions on them from then on the KOP board- I think they had something to do with the trial..

Anyhoo, OMG, MKM, that's what I always thought! If it were about groupies it could've been ANY chick name like Dirty Jen or Dirty Dee-Dee or even Dirty Kandy- but it's DIANA! Moment I saw that title when I first became a fan I was like "coincidence I think not", LOL. The fans that argue it isn't- do they honestly believe MJ would go on national TV or something and say "Oh yeah, 'Dirty Diana' is Diana Ross"? Hell no he wouldn't, they're crazy! Your breakdown of the lyrics made complete sense, good work! I agree that she is one of the loves of his life, I bet he still has feelings deep down somewhere this very moment..! I love his little 10-year old attitude telling that lady that he's getting it on.. Haha, already a playah at age 10..!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2010, 11:21:56 PM
GREAT breakdown of the lyrics MKM!

I kinda thought it could be about Diana before, but I also wondered about the "groupie" aspect of it.  Because even though I know he's witnessed the groupie scene since he was a baby, he seemed to be more compassionate about them.  Like he felt bad for them knowing that they were just gonna be used.  Dirty Diana sounds more like someone he's angry with.

Like you, I also never believed that those "tapes" were him.
Sure there were rumors about it being from the trials, but where is the proof?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 08:41:13 AM
Great breakdown of the lyrics. I have always believed that Miss Ross popped his cherry. I don't think that it happened when he was a kid but when he was a young adult as they worked together on the Wiz. They filmed the movie in New York and it was the first time that he was away from the family too. There are  photos  showing them together during that time hanging out all of the time and partying together. Over the years there have been  several public appearances where Michael looked absolutely lovestruck while in her presence. He didn't look at her like she was just  a friend or big sister. There is a special way that a man looks at a woman that he loves and is intimate with.  Plus it has long been discussed how Miss Ross slept her way to the top. She probably jumped at the chance to teach  Michael Jackson,  Lucky bitch... :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 09:25:29 AM
This actually makes alot of sense..hmm...

That brings me to his will..why the hell would he trust this woman with taking care of his kids???She hasn't said jack sh..t either since all this happened.

Damn...Michael getting it on at 10? Anything is possible. Especially since him and his brothers were exposed to all that sexuality in the strip joints.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 11:06:49 AM
First of all, great post.  :D
Second, the glenda tapes are real imo. They were used for the trial. There is no way that it isnt Michael's voice.
Glenda's husband recorded them without their persmission cause he thought they were having an affair. In those tapes Michael clearly says that it took him YEARS to get over Diana and that she left him so crazy in love, but the commitment of their relationship was a fantasy of his, meaning that she didnt want any commitment and he wanted. There is a time when he says to Glenda: ''I know for a fact that she was fooling around''. That would explain the anger in the song's lirycs.
Also I've heard many peolple saying that when Diana got married she asked Michael to lead her to the church and Michael got PISSED OFF and didnt attended the wedding lol
Thirs, it is soooo obvious in some videos the love he feels for her. Its heartbreaking really.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 25, 2010, 11:36:23 AM
Quote from: "Nakiska"
First of all, great post.  :D
Second, the glenda tapes are real imo. They were used for the trial. There is no way that it isnt Michael's voice.
Glenda's husband recorded them without their persmission cause he thought they were having an affair. In those tapes Michael clearly says that it took him YEARS to get over Diana and that she left him so crazy in love, but the commitment of their relationship was a fantasy of his, meaning that she didnt want any commitment and he wanted. There is a time when he says to Glenda: ''I know for a fact that she was fooling around''. That would explain the anger in the song's lirycs.
Also I've heard many peolple saying that when Diana got married she asked Michael to lead her to the church and Michael got PISSED OFF and didnt attended the wedding lol
Thirs, it is soooo obvious in some videos the love he feels for her. Its heartbreaking really.
Nakiska, thanks for your view...they were not played at the trial.  A fan played them OUTSIDE of the courthouse on a boom box.  Please believe me when I tell you these tapes are not MIchael Jackson.  I have nothing against what is in the tapes, no objection, he said more private things in the Rabbi tapes and book, more sexual things and revealing things and I love those tapes and book but I am just telling you, those are NOT MJ.  I may not know everything but this I know.  Also, everyone...I found an interview that is so amazing...enjoy
[youtube:g4875ymi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkOxbSsRmbM&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/youtube:g4875ymi]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 02:56:44 PM
oh, ok  :)
But can you tell me why are you so sure it is not him?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions