MJ's demands
February 25, 2010, 02:43:41 PM
Right now everytime an artist does a concert internationally in all the media they put all the demands they have. For example, that they wanted all the room painted in white, evian water, a thousand white roses, etc. And I was wondering if MJ had something similiar as petitions before and after his concerts, if he was just very humble and nice or if at the time he made concerts that kind of things weren't that popular yet.

Thanks for your answers!!  :)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: MJ's demands
February 28, 2010, 06:25:20 PM
Ive never, ever heard that MJ made diva demands.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 28, 2010, 10:13:18 PM
he said himself he had a guy who's sole purpose was to go into the hotel room before MJ got there and hang up and fill it with pictures of Shirley Temple...LOL
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 28, 2010, 10:18:05 PM
The only other thing I ever read/saw about his demands was that whenever he was in a new area, he would immediately go to the nearest orphanage or childrens' hospital.  If the living situation wasn't up to par he would tell the people that he wouldn't go on stage until the kids had new beds, new sheets, etc.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 28, 2010, 10:51:40 PM
well I think I heared that he said he wanted the guinness book of world records at the end of his shows....( I mean the this is it shows in the UK)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 03, 2010, 08:25:26 AM
Thank you for the replies. I really didn't expected MJ to make a big fuss about everything wherever he went to. He's really a sweet, loving person.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

March 03, 2010, 09:03:41 AM
Quote from: "jonnysgirldangerous"
Right now everytime an artist does a concert internationally in all the media they put all the demands they have. For example, that they wanted all the room painted in white, evian water, a thousand white roses, etc. And I was wondering if MJ had something similiar as petitions before and after his concerts, if he was just very humble and nice or if at the time he made concerts that kind of things weren't that popular yet.

Good point.  Such 'demands' are listed in the rider which goes with a gig contract.  

The rider includes specifications on stage design, sound systems, lighting rigs, as well as an artist's wish list--from transportation and billing to dressing room accommodations and meals.

So far, all we have seen is the AEG contract, without a rider.  A signed rider MUST accompany a gig contract, without it a gig contract is not valid.

Here's a link to Janet Jackson's 1993/1994 tour rider so that you can see what it's all about: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 05, 2010, 06:28:57 PM
Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "jonnysgirldangerous"

Good point.  Such 'demands' are listed in the rider which goes with a gig contract.  

The rider includes specifications on stage design, sound systems, lighting rigs, as well as an artist's wish list--from transportation and billing to dressing room accommodations and meals.

So far, all we have seen is the AEG contract, without a rider.  A signed rider MUST accompany a gig contract, without it a gig contract is not valid.

Here's a link to Janet Jackson's 1993/1994 tour rider so that you can see what it's all about: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

actually, there is no such thing as a 'wish list'. as you've stated corrctly, the rider is part of the contract and has to be signed as well! if the venue cannot meet the rider's demands listed, you have to contact the artist/ agency to get approval of your settings. if the artist/ agency is not okay with the venue's settings, they can cancel the gig on their end or put the costs on the venue to make necessary changes.
example: the artitst requires certain brand equipment cuz there is an endorsement of some sort or the artist refuses to use other brand equipment cuz he needs a certain setup to create the sound he/she wants on stage or certain lighting, whatever. the venue has its own full stage equipment which is complete and would def deliver an appropriate sound/ light (whatever). still, the venue has to rent equipment to fulfill the contract as requested. there is no choice, any giving in from the artists/ agency's side is goodwill. that can go so far as a request for mm's, 'but sort the blue ones out'... :mrgreen:

if you are dealing with real bitchy people on that end, you can lose a gig over really small stuff. and some artists are really 'out there' with what they want. even on a club circuit...but the big acts are downright ridiculous sometimes. if you're on smoking gun, read what the stones or zz top 'requested'...hilarious!  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions