Some things I noticed in TII
February 25, 2010, 04:27:48 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed already butwWhile watching TII on DVD I noticed some strange things:

First of all, when Michael is talking to the crew when they are linked holding hands in a circle he says something like "they want escapism"

Could this be a clue that he needed to escape??

Also the credits list some movies (I think clips from these movies where used during the rehearshals) but one of the movies is "Tokyo Joe"

The storyline for "Tokyo Joe"- After World War II, ex-serviceman Joe Barrett (Humphrey Bogart) returns to Tokyo, to see if there's anything left of his pre-war bar and gambling joint ("Tokyo Joe's") after all the bombing. Amazingly, it is more or less intact and being run by his old friend Ito (Teru Shimada). He is also shocked to learn from Ito that his wife Trina (Florence Marly), whom he thought had died in the war, is in fact still very much alive. She has remarried, to American diplomat Mark Landis (Alexander Knox), and has a seven-year-old child, Joe's daughter Anya (Lora Lee Michel).

Barrett starts up an air freight business. One of his customers, underworld boss Baron Kimura (Sessue Hayakawa), wants him to smuggle war criminals into the country in order to organize an anti-American Communist movement. When he balks, Kimura kidnaps Anya. Barrett rescues her and foils the Baron's plot, although he is fatally wounded in the ensuing struggle.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Some things I noticed in TII
February 25, 2010, 07:23:24 PM
I didn't notice that title.  I'll have to look at mine.  Thanks.  Yes, there are many interesting things in the movie.  There is a whole topic on it here..you should check it out. Maybe there's something you can add (like your movie title). Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Re: Some things I noticed in TII
February 25, 2010, 07:24:05 PM
I didn't notice that title.  I'll have to look at mine.  Thanks.  Yes, there are many interesting things in the movie.  There is a whole topic on it here..you should check it out. Maybe there's something you can add (like your movie title). Blessings.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012