all4loveandbelieve

Re: Joe at "liquor" store.
February 25, 2010, 09:45:53 PM
What is happening tonight? Everyone is on eachother's throat. Every post you go there is arguments. Do you think Michael wants to hear this? He is for peace and harmony.. Not bickering and anger. We all have our own point of views, and between you and I MJ father was not the greatest father in the world. Michael said it himself, interviews with Operah... So now can everyone get along please, we are here for one reason to find out what happened to MJ.. So let's work all together.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

bec

February 25, 2010, 09:46:49 PM
Quote from: "MSMJFANFOREVER"
Fine. Get your drink, get in the car and GO.  WTF was the smile about?  He didn't need to acknowledge the paparazzi PERIOD.

Your rebuttal?

Glad YOU know exactly what Joe Jackson NEEDS to do and not do.

Leave Michael's daddy alone. Go worry about your own actions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

bec

February 25, 2010, 09:49:47 PM
Oh, and btw, OP, Joe IS someone's granddaddy and maybe he likes to play poker, I do. Is that funny? Stop taking every opertunity to make fun of this man. It's really goddamn RUDE.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

February 25, 2010, 09:50:37 PM
I just think Joe is an old school playa from back in the day and he isn't going to change.  I honestly think Joe could care less what people think of him.  He remind me of my grandad that passed away.  He was really hard and I remember being afraid of him too as a kid but there were glimpses of love at times.  He always go to the store and buy his beer and sit on the porch after work.  I think that's Joe's way of coping getting his drink on.  I heard him and Kanye was sharing some Hennesy at the VMA's.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 10:01:53 PM
February 25th marked 8 months on this journey. I just got back from the liquor store. The bar is now open. I'm taking drink orders. Who wants what? BTW- The game tables are set up too. Poker, bid whist, black jack? Name your game.  Let's all unwind and relax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 10:07:02 PM
I feel just as passionate as any one ELSE, regarding MJ.  Although I understand where you're coming from.  It amazes me how some people (generally speaking) are quick to minimize/dismiss a wrong doers "actions", because they're now elderly,and/or TIME has elasped.

Joe has put himself out there (SPEAKING for the family), from day one. I could perhaps, have a little more sympathy if he hadn't made all of these appearances where he's the left us with more QUESTIONS, than answers.
He comes off as being very narcissistic and is giving off a vibe of "wanting" the SPOTLIGHT, by any means necessary.  His whole aura, doesn't sit RIGHT with me (and that's NOT attacking him....that's a feeling).

I'm posting this scenario, because i can't think of any thing else at the moment.

IE...
We see on the news.... a breaking report about an old 'rape' , "child abuse" or 'homicide' case (for instance) that's been re-opened because they finally found the perpetrator, who is NOW in their 80's.... has lung cancer.... and is in failing health.   Meanwhile, we learn that the victim suffered TERRIBLY, at this persons hands.  So if this person is to be "tried", by public opinion ONLY, what should happen?

So many people are quick to scream "lenience", if they even agree that the perp. should be held accountable AT ALL (after all these years)....

For the record...i'm not comparing Joe to a murderer.
I just wonder, if Katherine was the one who was more outspoken in all of this and expressed her disdain for Joe,  would these same people... be so quick to cut him some SLACK?
Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:13:44 PM by MSMJFANFOREVER
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 10:12:01 PM
Quote from: "bec"
Quote from: "bec"
Why can't the man go to a liquor store without being bashed? Seriously?!? You're dissing Michael's daddy. You think he'd like that? You ok with someone dissing YOUR daddy?

Calm down....No one's dissing him for wanting a lil' taste!  The issue, is the TIMING.....his body language, obvious smile, etc.  are inconsistent with a father who is about to MOURN with the world......in a matter of "hours."

Furthermore, he had to have known that the media would be observing their EVERY move.  

At least "try" to look distraught or something. Why give them SOMETHING to question?

Oh ok miss gigantifont tell me to calm down.

Be a little more critical why don't you. You live your life in front of the cameras every day and see how you like your every move scrutinized and criticized. This pasttime of dissing Michael's family is completely inappropriate and really needs to STOP.

There's no justification for it. None.

YOU THINK MICHAEL WOULD APPRECIATE IT????????

(Lord, please give me the strength to keep this "civil"). :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 10:33:48 PM
At first listen it sounded to me like the pap asks "With all due respect - will Michael buy you beer at the memorial tomorrow?"  :lol:

Maybe that's what "Mr Joe, Mr Joe" heard too.  8-)

Not dissing Joe btw.. I think he just gave a "WTF?" smile, if you know what I mean.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

February 25, 2010, 10:50:21 PM
Ok maybe ppl here think I judged him because I pointed out the smile
I did not meant to, I know he has a lot of haters but Im not one of them, I have respect for him and understand where he's coming from. and I saw glimpses of love from Joe, before becoming a beLIEver I have to admit I wasnt his biggest fan but now its different
and please ppl I understand that ppl deal with things differently, I for one smile when things get sad and painful ! I feel it keeps me from crying...
I had a thought about the smile, which I will not share now because I dont want to be bashed, and just wanted to hear other people's thoughts!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 10:53:08 PM
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
February 25th marked 8 months on this journey. I just got back from the liquor store. The bar is now open. I'm taking drink orders. Who wants what? BTW- The game tables are set up too. Poker, bid whist, black jack? Name your game.  Let's all unwind and relax.

Great! It's very much needed tonight :?  You invite?  :D  I'm not that good with table games, so I think I'm going to stay in the drinks bar tonight... Cheers!  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Won't you just let me be?..."

Keiko

February 25, 2010, 11:02:23 PM
Tension, tension...the man is an adult, he can do as he pleases. Maybe he just doesn't expect people to bother him on quick trips!He doesn't always have to send people to get things for him.
I won't go into detail on this topic, but I am about 99% positive I saw him in person a few months ago in a local shop (either that or he has his own impersonator  :?  ) and only one other fellow was even looking in his direction. Not everyone is going to recognize him, and the paps can't be everywhere at once. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, in my opinion.

And about the smile...that always gets me on here..sometimes I think the only thing that would convince people the Jacksons are grieving in some way was if they walked around in public with a tub of tear-coated ice cream while cutting themselves!  :lol: Really, could you picture Joe doing that? I apologize in advance if I offended someone, but really, people don't have to grieve every second of every day!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 11:02:48 PM
Quote from: "CrazyBanana"
I did not meant to, I know he has a lot of haters but Im not one of them, I have respect for him and understand where he's coming from. and I saw glimpses of love from Joe, before becoming a beLIEver I have to admit I wasnt his biggest fan but now its different
and please ppl I understand that ppl deal with things differently, I for one smile when things get sad and painful ! I feel it keeps me from crying...
I had a thought about the smile, which I will not share now because I dont want to be bashed, and just wanted to hear other people's thoughts!
Aii.. Don't sweat it.  ;) No one here should be holding back their opinions, we just need to express them respectively.

Maybe Joe needs to work on his POPOPOPOPOPOKERface.  :lol:  But, there's too many reasons why he could've smiled there.. and one of them could be a nervous reaction, something he wasn't aware of doing at the time. I really don't think it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

February 25, 2010, 11:07:39 PM
Quote from: "Melzy777"
Quote from: "CrazyBanana"
Aii.. Don't sweat it.  ;) No one here should be holding back their opinions, we just need to express them respectively.

Maybe Joe needs to work on his POPOPOPOPOPOKERface.  :lol:  But, there's too many reasons why he could've smiled there.. and one of them could be a nervous reaction, something he wasn't aware of doing at the time. I really don't think it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  :mrgreen:
LOL!! well you brought a smile on my face :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 11:08:12 PM
I feel just as passionate as any one ELSE, regarding MJ.  Although I understand where you're coming from.  It amazes me how some people (generally speaking) are quick to minimize/dismiss a wrong doers "actions", because they're now elderly,and/or TIME has elasped.

Joe has put himself out there (SPEAKING for the family), from day one. I could perhaps, have a little more sympathy if he hadn't made all of these appearances where he's the left us with more QUESTIONS, than answers.
He comes off as being very narcissistic and is giving off a vibe of "wanting" the SPOTLIGHT, by any means necessary.  His whole aura, doesn't sit RIGHT with me (and that's NOT attacking him....that's a feeling).

I'm posting this scenario, because i can't think of any thing else at the moment.

IE...
We see on the news.... a breaking report about an old 'rape' , "child abuse" or 'homicide' case (for instance) that's been re-opened because they finally found the perpetrator, who is NOW in their 80's.... has lung cancer.... and is in failing health.   Meanwhile, we learn that the victim suffered TERRIBLY, at this persons hands.  So if this person is to be "tried", by public opinion ONLY, what should happen?

So many people are quick to scream "lenience", if they even agree that the perp. should be held accountable AT ALL (after all these years)....

For the record...i'm not comparing Joe to a murderer.
I just wonder, if Katherine was the one who was more outspoken in all of this and expressed her disdain for Joe,  would these same people... be so quick to cut him some SLACK?

I think we all feel passionately about Michael.
I don't dismiss how Joe treated Michael 40 & 50 years ago(!!!) just because he's 80 now.
I'm just not willing to condemn him for life and villify him or any other members of Michael's family because they aren't acting how others think they should act.

Joe was raised in a different time.
"Spare the rod, spoil the child."
There was no such thing as "child abuse."
It was just a situation where some parents were more "strict" than others and quicker to dish out the discipline.
And Joe raised his children, his young MEN in the way he saw fit at the time.

In a country and an era that did not offer equal opportunity for blacks, he dished out beatings to young boys who could just have easily been found whipped and hung from a tree - and very little would be done to find the perpetrators.
It was a tough world for black men, and he knew this from his own experience.
So he was a tough parent.
He did the best that he could to make his young black boys into successful black men.
He saw their talent and put 110% into cultivating it for their - as well as the his & the rest of the family's - benefit.
Could he have done this without beating them?
Who knows.
We'll never know.

And I don't think that the difficulties Michael had as an adult are 100% due to his father.
I believe they were also a result of their staggering success at such a young age combined with his natural shyness and sensitivity.

Sorry this post is so long, but I'm tired of people villifying Michael's family instead of trying to understand them.
Same thing that happened to Michael...
Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:19:18 PM by virgo75
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2010, 11:09:36 PM
Quote from: "Keiko"
Tension, tension...the man is an adult, he can do as he pleases. Maybe he just doesn't expect people to bother him on quick trips!He doesn't always have to send people to get things for him.
I won't go into detail on this topic, but I am about 99% positive I saw him in person a few months ago in a local shop (either that or he has his own impersonator  :?  ) and only one other fellow was even looking in his direction. Not everyone is going to recognize him, and the paps can't be everywhere at once. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, in my opinion.

And about the smile...that always gets me on here..sometimes I think the only thing that would convince people the Jacksons are grieving in some way was if they walked around in public with a tub of tear-coated ice cream while cutting themselves!  :lol: Really, could you picture Joe doing that? I apologize in advance if I offended someone, but really, people don't have to grieve every second of every day!
LOL! maybe every jackson has a twin  :o !! lol JK!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions