mjboogieTopic starter

Sheila Jackson Lee:Resolution
February 28, 2010, 04:28:53 PM
Hi guys... ummmm well this has been on my mind for quite some time now. I bought a book at Walmart a week ago, it is a MJ Memory Book entitled The Vault. In this book there are historical and current pics of MJ and his family, also, an official copy of the Death Certificate (WTF?) and WIll(WTF?) pics from memorial, I mean I was blown away when I saw them selling this stuff inside of this memory book. Have any of you saw this book at Walmart? ANyway the point here is that I also saw the copy of the Resolution in which Sheila Jackson Lee from Houston (my city btw) submitted to the Committee on Foreign Affairs do you guys remember her doing this I believe they covered this on the news? ANd the committee had to vote on it? This Resolution states everything that MJ has contributed as a humanitarian, money donated to charities it list every single dollar he donated, helped sick children even men and women!!! I was so Proud of MJ it has front and back. Sheila wanted MJ to be honered as a Global Humanitarian with this resolution. Do you guys know that they turned it down!!!!  :(  :(  :( I could not believe that they would not pass this resolution. It just goes to show u even in MJ' s absence some people are still on the same kick ( just hating on MJ for no reason!!!!) what are your thoughts on this, and if MJ is watching I wonder what he thought about it! :(
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Sheila Jackson Lee:Resolution
February 28, 2010, 04:35:57 PM
Yes, it was turned down--partially because it was still early after his death, and most people at that time still found Michael's life "controversial" due to the allegations.  I wonder what will happen in the future, as it seems now the truth is prevailing and more and more people are seeing the allegations for what they really were.  It has taken A LOT of time in the US to finally understand that the allegations were false.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

Re: Sheila Jackson Lee:Resolution
February 28, 2010, 05:36:26 PM
Quote from: "kingofmystery"
Yes, it was turned down--partially because it was still early after his death, and most people at that time still found Michael's life "controversial" due to the allegations.  I wonder what will happen in the future, as it seems now the truth is prevailing and more and more people are seeing the allegations for what they really were.  It has taken A LOT of time in the US to finally understand that the allegations were false.

Right - there was also a congressman who bashed Michael publicly and he may have had some pull in peoples decisions. Anyway, I think that given enough time (as we see is happening now) the world, especially those in the US, will start to realize that it was Michael who was degraded and humiliated without merit, that it was Michael who was falsely accused, and it was Michael who continued to show love and humility in the face of adversity. They say time heals wounds but what we see is the healing balm of innocence speeding up the process. It certainly needs to be addressed again as Michael is more deserving than most but it wasn't the right time. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012