What If The Hoax Is A Hoax?
March 01, 2010, 10:23:20 PM
What if…??????? ;)

The hoax was created for publicity purposes only. How would you honestly react if MJ  and those around him did it simply to promote his career?

With this question, it might  be easy to get offtopic and provide answers discussing why or why not this reason is feasible. That is why I’d like to stress that the  question is not about why he would resort to doing this  or how media  would react or how the general public would react or what role XYZ people would play in it all.  

I’m turning to hoax forum members for their  honest response. The question is strictly asked to gauge how you would  react if publicity  indeed were revealed as the sole reason for pulling the hoax.  Remember…anything is possible.  

I'll await your replies before sharing mine. It might surprise you. BAM...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: What If The Hoax Is A Hoax?
March 01, 2010, 10:35:11 PM
To say that I'd be surprised is an understatement lol. I'd be completely & utterly shocked. In my mind, that is the last thing I would expect of him. But in the end, I just want him back. I would be happy. More than happy  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lies runs sprints...but the TRUTH runs Marathons

March 02, 2010, 12:46:35 AM
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
What if…??????? ;)

The hoax was created for publicity purposes only. How would you honestly react if MJ  and those around him did it simply to promote his career?

With this question, it might  be easy to get offtopic and provide answers discussing why or why not this reason is feasible. That is why I’d like to stress that the  question is not about why he would resort to doing this  or how media  would react or how the general public would react or what role XYZ people would play in it all.  

I’m turning to hoax forum members for their  honest response. The question is strictly asked to gauge how you would  react if publicity  indeed were revealed as the sole reason for pulling the hoax.  Remember…anything is possible.  

I'll await your replies before sharing mine. It might surprise you. BAM...
Oh. My. Gosh. Today, just today, not any time before, I was watching the Tyra Banks talkshow. She always does "social experiments" (like going out in a super-fat suit to see how peeps on the street treat her), and I thought, "What if the hoax is nothing more than Michael conducting a social experiment, to see how peeps react?"

I know that's not exactly what you've got in mind here, but it's so similar, especially because then I thought "It's so simple and that's what makes it such an unexpected reason, yet everyone down at the hoax board would lynch me for 'trivializing this important hoax'  What if I go on later and someone else has a thread about this?"

I swear, I really do, that I thought these things at 4 p.m. Pacific U.S.A time today!!! And look! Well, GS, as you might've guessed by now, I wouldn't give a frog's (I love frogs) stinkin' butt if that's why he did it- I wouldn't care AT ALL. In fact, I'd be very glad it was just that, very glad indeed, and I'd be even happier to see his face!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

miss j

March 02, 2010, 12:56:24 AM
i'll be honestly happy that i will have the second chance to really appreciate him. i've been neglecting him (although i wouldn't resist to hear his songs) because i forgot the fact that he won't be here forever, that i would always have him. his death has taught me to appreciate the people i love, while i still have them. i don't mind whatever reasons of why he has to pull this hoax, but it is always great to be given a second chance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You ain\'t heavy, you\'re my brother.

March 02, 2010, 12:59:12 AM
I thought about this possibility. I mean, of course this is something that could have happened. but then again..if this came out, those who participated would look pretty...well...publicity loving, let´s say it like this. so...not sure,..curious to hear your thoughts :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You know, I´m serious, dude!" (Akon) LOL

March 02, 2010, 01:00:50 AM
very possible, this could be an elaborate publicity stunt
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Chat With Us About The Hoax You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If he\'s not alive then we are all dead!

March 02, 2010, 01:09:19 AM
Very possible!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
March 02, 2010, 03:00:50 AM
:geek:

First I would like to start off by saying I have not made a public introduction of myself on this forum. So many of you who have been participating in this forum and hoax longer than I have seem to have gotten to know each other and have built a rapore on this wonderful adventure.
And of course since you don't know me and my thoughts most of my info seems to get overlooked by many.

I see that you ALL seem to be forgetting the fact that MJ stated very clearly in his TII movie that this was an adventure for ALL of us. He wanted to take us places we've never been before and show us things we've never seen or experienced.

And it was stated very clearly this was ALL for L.O.V.E.

This is coming from a man who has given everything of himself for his fans and many other people throughout his entire life. It always is done from his heart.

He has given and given and continues to give unconditionally without asking of anything from any of his fans but, to trust in him.

MJ never needed to ever do a publicity stunt persay to boost his image or his career. His talents alone do that ALL by themselves. The man is a phenom with his singing and dancing abilities. He is an absolute genius. This is another part of him and his genius to get people interactively participating in a huge creative demonstration.

This demonstration has many facets to it beyond the hoax itself. There are many serious issues that MJ has been tapping the world on the shoulder about for years in his lyrics.

No one heard him when he sang them on stage or when they heard his music on the jukebox. You only heard an image of who you thought MJ was.

This was something he absolutely needed to do to shock the shit out of people and wake them up to more than just his music.

There are very serious issues happening in our world and if you continue to overlook it you will be taken way out of your comfort level more than just this hoax has done.

I suggest you seriously start paying attention to the issues presented during this hoax and learn what is going on before it is to late. Stop worrying about the why of the hoax and educate yourself.

MJ has exposed some very dangerous things while doing this hoax, things that put his life in danger. Do you honestly think MJ would sacrifice his LIFE if it wasn't a serious issue for the world to WAKE UP to what is going on around us being done by our GOVTS.?

Alot of my post go unread or responded to because it appears that many of you would rather continue to be in the dark and denial. This is a serious thing here not just a hoax or some publicity stunt for MJ's selfish reasons or a study group experience.

There is elements of a study being done for sure  but, we ALL need to play a role in it and REALLY STUDY the issues being presented that maybe a little uncomfortable to think about.

Now I do not post much and when I do it is usually on the lines of important things needing to be addressed. I enjoy the adventure but, I enjoy knowledge way more than petty threads about nonsense theories.

Peace
 :ugeek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

March 02, 2010, 03:17:47 AM
if it's really his reason .. as long as michael is happy, I don't mind about that ..  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You gave me strenght when I wasn\'t strong ..
You gave me hope when all hope was lost ..
You open my eyes when I couldn\'t see ..
Thank you for everything, Michael ..
ILYSM !

March 02, 2010, 04:22:45 AM
I asked the  question to gain a better understanding of whether there are any conditions  placed on how members believe in the hoax. Is the hoax only   believable  if it is for a deep and meaningful purpose but less believable  if it is for something  such as publicity?  Sometimes things may be much simpler than  we think them to be.

Personally I wouldn’t be mad at MJ if publicity were the reason. You sometimes have to do what you have to do.   Face it, the entertainment industry is tough and competitive. It’s one thing to reach the top yet another to consistently stay there.  MJ always raised the  bar not necessarily to compete with others but to compete with himself.

By MJ’s standards, his last recordings did not do well. Where has his fan base gone? Why didn't  they buy his music at the same levels as they did with Thriller? Yes Thriller  was his “Mona Lisa” masterpiece and some say that lightening seldom strikes twice. However each album release after Thriller showed lower and lower  sales numbers. For any random musician that would have been okay. For MJ, that drop-off in record sales was  unacceptable. Perfectionists don’t handle mediocrity too well.

I don’t know if publicity  is the reason for the hoax or not. For every reason that is given as to why this could never happen there are 5 others to demonstrate that this could have happened. It would be of no surprise to me if the world’s greatest performer  pulled off the world’s greatest  publicity stunt by using his greatest asset…himself.

Thanks for your replies.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lilith

March 02, 2010, 04:42:22 AM
I want him back! Right now I becoming sad again and I am so so so scared that he could be dead. I don't let the idea sink in because I cannot handle it - but there is a sadness.

I want him back! I love him! He might decide things I don't understand fully, but no matter what, I know enough of him, to love him - whatever. I try not to judge the things about him I do not understand and just appreciate who he is.

I love him and I want him back!!! Please Michael come back!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tina K.

March 02, 2010, 04:50:33 AM
I really dont care why he did it, I just need to know, that he's allright. That will be enough for me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael I love you allways.

*Mo*

March 02, 2010, 11:17:52 AM
I got a bit confused when I read your post GirlSaturday...  When I saw the title of the thread I thought it would be about:

"What if Mike is dead, and all the persons who have been dropping clues and made slip ups over the past months only wanted to imply that Mike hoaxed his death while the opposite is the case, for i.e. financial gain".

Now to your question What if the hoax was created for publicity purposes only: Although I most certainly don't think that this is the reason, I would be perfectly fine with it.  I have learned so much since June 25th, and there's no one who can take that away from me.  With this newly gained knowledge I am able to face life with a much clearer view and act upon it.  My children will gain from what I have learned, their future will benefit from it.  IF, and I saw IF, it turns out to be a publicity stunt I will still be forever grateful for what Mike taught me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 02, 2010, 11:32:22 AM
Too many things smell fishy for this all just to be a publicity stunt. Ofcourse, I don't KNOW, I'm just guessing, but to me it doesn't seem like something MJ would do. He would have know how many people would be upset and genuinly hurt by his 'death'.

I seriously think his life was in danger, real danger, and that is why he had to fake his death. This is a lot of work, too much work for just a social experiment.

But who knows for sure?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Before you judge me
Try hard to love me"

March 02, 2010, 12:03:06 PM
I think it could be both for publicity and for L.O.V.E. and spreading his message. And probably even more than that. It doesn't have to be for just one reason.
I don;t underestimate the importance of the reason behind this but I think publicity was a part of it, a necessary part. MJ hadn't been in the public eye for a very long time and when he did make headlines it was for all the wrong reasons. At least in the last 10 years.  And let's face it, to get his message out there he first needed our attention. And not just the fans attention, but the entire world's attention. And that is exact;y what he got. His message was heard by everyone, he got more fans, and people who weren;t so sure about his innocence in the past, are now and are also looking at the better side of him.
So yes I think publicity was the first necessary step in this.
IF it was just that I think I would understand from the artists point of view. Like GS said the entertainment business is tough and for someone like MJ the work is twice as hard. But I must admit I would be also very disappointed in him...probably by my own "mistake" of thinking too greatly of his soul. BUt to mess with people's emotions to such a degree just for fame and money is low. And it wouldn't make him any better than the people's he's been fighting against.
But as I said before, I don't think it was JUST about publicity  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions