Meet Phillip Anschutz - the "A" of AEG

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

These are some powerful SOB's -
[youtube:200m7s7n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dhuRi9by3E[/youtube:200m7s7n]

Anschutz is the top dog
[youtube:200m7s7n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWCQitFrbro&feature=related[/youtube:200m7s7n]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

If anybody could off someone, this man could do it and no one would dare say a word.  It is obvious from the way the contract for 0-2 is written, these people planned to own Michael Jackson and all his assets.  Michael was about to be robbed :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

CC

:shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

:o OMG!!!!! Please, say it isn't so!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Dangerous Liasons?  Maybe. Maybe not. It might be a simple case of 6 in one hand and half a dozen in the other.

"A" is a shrewd businessman and has reached the top of his game by being that way. MJ is also a shrewd businessman who has reached the top of his game by being that way. What's the difference? "A" is low key about his business savvy and pulls strings from behind the scenes. Who else does that sound like?  

I like "A"s quote, "It helps to have your back against the wall. Adversity is a huge  advantage as long as you think of it as an advantage. Because it helps you to do things that you never thought you were capable of doing".

Michael Jackson could have easily said those exact words.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
Dangerous Liasons?  Maybe. Maybe not. It might be a simple case of 6 in one hand and half a dozen in the other.

"A" is a shrewd businessman and has reached the top of his game by being that way. MJ is also a shrewd businessman who has reached the top of his game by being that way. What's the difference? "A" is low key about his business savvy and pulls strings from behind the scenes. Who else does that sound like?  

I like "A"s quote, "It helps to have your back against the wall. Adversity is a huge  advantage as long as you think of it as an advantage. Because it helps you to do things that you never thought you were capable of doing".

Michael Jackson could have easily said those exact words.

Right, "have your back against the wall" is exactly where they had Michael and I don't think his sentiments were the same.  Michael has always been his own man.  He did not need to be strong armed by anyone.  Why should he be made to feel like he was backed in a corner to earn, like his hands were tied?  These shrew business people  had Michael's life, his career, his assets in their hands dangling them in front him, demanding that he produce or else. Michael's signature on an open contract where they could continue to add shows at will, was in my opinion, bad news and Michael knew that. I don't know about you, but that would make me think twice. Maybe I'd do better to not even start this. I believe that Michael was re-evaluating these shows and what it could possibly mean if he did not deliver per his contract to the letter.  I also believe that AEG felt his reluctance at some point and decided then and there that they were not going to lose any of their investment which totaled 110 million dollars.  One way or the other, they were going to be repaid, thus the beginning of the secret making of This Is It.  I believe Michael was threatened and that started this 6/25/09 ball to rolling.  Kenny Ortega works directly for AEG Live and I'd be willing to bet he was in on everything from day 1.  I don't and never have trusted Kenny O regardless of all his sugary words since Michael's departure from the scene.  Every time I watch TII, I hear the condescending way that Kenny speaks to Michael, like he was a child, and it pisses me off.  You can believe what you believe.  But don't be surprised if and when all the prime time players come to light,Kenny is right there sitting in the middle of them.  As I said, this is my opinion, and I have the right to embrace  it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

It's a matter of perspective. Some people see the glass as half-empty while other people see it as half-full. The article gives the reader an impression that "A" was the ruthless business executive who was out to eat MJ alive. I have a hunch that MJ could  stand tall against "A" or any other business executive. His track record indicates that he is quite capable.

I have not made a firm decision on my feelings toward the key players i.e. Kenny O, Frank D, John Branca, SONY, AEG or numerous others.  There are reasons to believe that there are friends among this cast of characters and equally enough reason to view some as foes. The jury is still out on  them so to speak. MJ associated with a variety of ...shall we say...questionable  people and organizations in recent years. These types of people didn't seem to be present in the early days of his solo career.  Were they savvy new business associates or vultures ready to try and pick meat off of MJs bones? Time will tell.

quote="hesouttamylife"]  
Right, "have your back against the wall" is exactly where they had Michael and I don't think his sentiments were the same.  Michael has always been his own man.  He did not need to be strong armed by anyone.  Why should he be made to feel like he was backed in a corner to earn, like his hands were tied?  These shrew business people  had Michael's life, his career, his assets in their hands dangling them in front him, demanding that he produce or else. Michael's signature on an open contract where they could continue to add shows at will, was in my opinion, bad news and Michael knew that. I don't know about you, but that would make me think twice. Maybe I'd do better to not even start this. I believe that Michael was re-evaluating these shows and what it could possibly mean if he did not deliver per his contract to the letter.  I also believe that AEG felt his reluctance at some point and decided then and there that they were not going to lose any of their investment which totaled 110 million dollars.  One way or the other, they were going to be repaid, thus the beginning of the secret making of This Is It.  I believe Michael was threatened and that started this 6/25/09 ball to rolling.  Kenny Ortega works directly for AEG Live and I'd be willing to bet he was in on everything from day 1.  I don't and never have trusted Kenny O regardless of all his sugary words since Michael's departure from the scene.  Every time I watch TII, I hear the condescending way that Kenny speaks to Michael, like he was a child, and it pisses me off.  You can believe what you believe.  But don't be surprised if and when all the prime time players come to light,Kenny is right there sitting in the middle of them.  As I said, this is my opinion, and I have the right to embrace  it.[/quote]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

Sorry, didn't mean to post twice.
Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:21:04 AM by jill
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

Quote from: "jill"
@hesouttamylife...I agree with you about the way Kenny Ortega spoke to Michael in This Is It.  I just recently watched it and was disgusted with the way he talked to him, like he was a small child.  I do not trust him either, especially after he changed his story about Michael's health.  First he said he was so thin and weak that he would actually spoon feed Michael to get him to eat.  The next thing we hear from him that Michael was physically fit and at the top of his game.  He was "out dancing" the younger dancers hired for the show.  He also said that Michael was in charge of the show, yet there seemed to be a power struggle with Kenny Ortega on how he wanted things done. From what I witnessed in This Is It, K.O. was not the wonderful friend he claims to be. If he had his best interests at heart he would have told the truth about how AEG treated him and what he was asked to do to produce the film.   The lies are evident.  Kenny Ortega is doing whatever he is told by AEG to make every dime he can off of Michael.  He comes across as just another snake in the grass!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Remember this post?  Now that we are discussing Lynton's book, let's look at this video again
[youtube:1nsnrzrr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukG0sJUAgto&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:1nsnrzrr]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions