Kirsche

Quote from: "word"
Quote from: "teine21"
Quote from: "eviltwin"
I CANNOT beLIEVE Farrah Fawcett and Bea Arthur were slated in the Oscar Memoriam. I am not surprised Mike got a mention, but they should have taken him out and slipped these two in. OUTRAGED :!:

I agree! I am a huge MJ fan but he is a MUSICIAN, yeah he was in Wizard of Oz & did soundtracks but Bea Arthur has been around FOREVER & Farah Fawcett?!! I mean come on, they are actually Actresses & well known ones who have done a lot of movies & tv. I can't believe they were left out. This was an awards show for ACTORS & ACTRESSES, for Movies. I honestly feel, & people don't get mad at me, that MJ was put in because he has been left out of all the music ones or something like that, he was also in the In Memorium for the SAG awards too, another awards show for ACTORS & ACTRESSES. Something is definitely going on there, why is it that he's left out of all the music awards In Memoriums yet he's mentioned in both the actors awards? I also feel that maybe Bea & Farah could have been left out on purpose to show that MJ being left out wasn't a big deal that it happens all the time, I mean they had a JOURNALIST in the Oscar memorium?! But no Bea or Farah? Also at the end of it, they showed the same people a second time? But no time for 2 very famous actresses?! Something is up with that.

What channels have you been watching? Michael was not left out of the Grammys,The American Music Awards,and MTV Awards,The EMMYs,the NAACP Awards,The BET Awards,or the Soul Train Awards.They all honored,mentioned and paid tribute in some fashion to him,I watched all of them,just to make sure.They did not forget Michael.

they did Earth song yes, but Michael wasn't in the Memoriam List.....

Even James Brown was on it and they also did a huge tribute to him with Christina Aguilera
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

^^Right! When James Brown passed, they did a musical tribute ALONG with the memoriam list mention.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I CANNOT beLIEVE Farrah Fawcett and Bea Arthur were slated in the Oscar Memoriam. I am not surprised Mike got a mention, but they should have taken him out and slipped these two in. OUTRAGED :!:

Michael deseved to be metioned,He was nominated for an Oscar with Ben,and he was in the movie The Wiz.He should not have been left out because of their mistake.However they should have mentioned Bea Arthur and Farrah too.
If he is dead, then yes, he absolutely deserves a mention. I am of the mindset he is alive, therefore, not deserving a mention in this Oscar Memoriam.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I agree! I am a huge MJ fan but he is a MUSICIAN, yeah he was in Wizard of Oz & did soundtracks but Bea Arthur has been around FOREVER & Farah Fawcett?!! I mean come on, they are actually Actresses & well known ones who have done a lot of movies & tv. I can't believe they were left out. This was an awards show for ACTORS & ACTRESSES, for Movies. I honestly feel, & people don't get mad at me, that MJ was put in because he has been left out of all the music ones or something like that, he was also in the In Memorium for the SAG awards too, another awards show for ACTORS & ACTRESSES. Something is definitely going on there, why is it that he's left out of all the music awards In Memoriums yet he's mentioned in both the actors awards? I also feel that maybe Bea & Farah could have been left out on purpose to show that MJ being left out wasn't a big deal that it happens all the time, I mean they had a JOURNALIST in the Oscar memorium?! But no Bea or Farah? Also at the end of it, they showed the same people a second time? But no time for 2 very famous actresses?! Something is up with that.

What channels have you been watching? Michael was not left out of the Grammys,The American Music Awards,and MTV Awards,The EMMYs,the NAACP Awards,The BET Awards,or the Soul Train Awards.They all honored,mentioned and paid tribute in some fashion to him,I watched all of them,just to make sure.They did not forget Michael.

I was referring to the In Memoriums. That's what we're talking about here, not tributes or quick mentions about him. I watched all of those as well, the BET awards is a small awards show, I was referring to the major one the GRAMMYS, just like Farrah being left out of the major movie awards show the OSCARS.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "BlessHisHeart"
OMG! I thought the same thing! I was watching, waiting to see if they would show him...and they DID!?!?!?! But i thought he's a musician......music industry, NOT movie industry...sure he did short films/videos, but MJ is def not associated with the movie industry!!! No mention of Farrah Fawcett either! wow, good catch! What in the world is going on???? When they showed him, they showed a snippet of Thriller music vid and The Wiz....I was actually watchin the Wiz on the Gospel Music Channel channel at the same time, flipping back and forth....it came on twice in a row during the Oscars....this is so strange..... :shock:

I agree that Bea and Farrah should most certainly have been noted in the Memorium at the Oscars. That, to me, goes without question.

But I did want to point out that while MJ is knows best for his musical career, he was indeed a part of movies.

The Wiz
Captain EO
Moonwalker
Men in Black II
Miss Cast Away
This is It (released after his "death" but it still counts)

Not to mention his musical contributions to movies, most notably the song Ben. But his songs appeared in lots of movies too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

I think most of Michael's music videos are considered shorts and you can't forget "Will You Be There" was the theme for Free Willy and I think that "Childhood" was for Free Willy 2. Correct me if I'm wrong.  ;) Just saying that because they do do an award for best original song in a movie. (Even though neither were nominated..not sure if they were even eligible for that category) Also, I'm not sure what it is but I have heard about Ben, I just looked it up and I think it was nominated for an Academy Award for best original song. And then there is Michael Jackson's Ghost. Not sure what that is considered but pretty movie-like to me. (plus all the others including Moonwalker, Men in Black II , Miss Cast Away, Captain EO, and This is It)
 So, Michael was pretty into film even if he has never won an Academy Award, he was nominated so maybe that's why he was in there? Also, I just looked on Farrah Fawcett's IMDB and she has never been nominated for an Academy Award. I do think she should have been added but maybe a reason why she was cut because of time, because she was never nominated? (Again correct me if i'm wrong)This is just my two cents. Thanks for listening :) Also I have just noticed on the Yahoo homepage they are saying that Farrah was left out because they can only include 30 people and they decided she contributed more to TV than she did to Movies. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

themjkiss

Here is what yahoo movie news had to say about the tribute, just found this today on the yahoo site.

Another big question revolved around Farrah Fawcett's non-appearance in the "In Memoriam" tribute. The easy answer: There wasn't room. The academy limits the tribute to 30 names, and producers decided Fawcett primarily contributed to television. Of course, this doesn't explain why Michael Jackson was featured and not Fawcett. Leslie Unger, a spokesperson for the academy, explained, "Every year it's an unfortunate reality that we can't include everybody."

Ryan O'Neal, for one, was left disappointed. In an interview with RadarOnline, O'Neal stated, "It was a terrible decision and very hurtful. Farrah was a member of the Academy for over 40 years and we could not believe she did not get a mention."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "YoungNewMJFan"
I think most of Michael's music videos are considered shorts and you can't forget "Will You Be There" was the theme for Free Willy and I think that "Childhood" was for Free Willy 2. Correct me if I'm wrong.  ;) Just saying that because they do do an award for best original song in a movie. (Even though neither were nominated..not sure if they were even eligible for that category) Also, I'm not sure what it is but I have heard about Ben, I just looked it up and I think it was nominated for an Academy Award for best original song. And then there is Michael Jackson's Ghost. Not sure what that is considered but pretty movie-like to me. (plus all the others including Moonwalker, Men in Black II , Miss Cast Away, Captain EO, and This is It)
 So, Michael was pretty into film even if he has never won an Academy Award, he was nominated so maybe that's why he was in there? Also, I just looked on Farrah Fawcett's IMDB and she has never been nominated for an Academy Award. I do think she should have been added but maybe a reason why she was cut because of time, because she was never nominated? (Again correct me if i'm wrong)This is just my two cents. Thanks for listening :) Also I have just noticed on the Yahoo homepage they are saying that Farrah was left out because they can only include 30 people and they decided she contributed more to TV than she did to Movies. :)

Thanks for the clarification, I never watched Men In Black II, heard it was stupid so I never knew MJ was in it. I have no idea what Miss Cast Away is? Another movie I never knew he was in. I also just started hearing about Moonwalker & Captain EO, I was very very young when those came out, so I had no idea what they were beyond hearing the names until I started rediscovering MJ. I was a fan when I was little, I liked his music a lot & his dancing he was the coolest entertainer to me but I had never seen any of that stuff the only thing I'd seen aside from his music videos & performances on award shows was the Jacksons: An American Dream movie. So thanks for educating me, I forgot all about him being nominated for the Free Willy Soundtrack so you're right he deserves to be included but he should have had a title written below his name like Musician/Entertainer? Something. & Farrah did a lot more on tv but she was in a number of movies & was a part of the academy whether she was nominated or not the academy is a fancy term for the acting community. She was an actress, she should have been in it. I don't see how whoever it was, I saw someone with thee title "Journalist" listed in there, I think that person could have been cut & she could have easily been put in.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "YoungNewMJFan"

Thanks for the clarification, I never watched Men In Black II, heard it was stupid so I never knew MJ was in it. I have no idea what Miss Cast Away is? Another movie I never knew he was in. I also just started hearing about Moonwalker & Captain EO, I was very very young when those came out, so I had no idea what they were beyond hearing the names until I started rediscovering MJ. I was a fan when I was little, I liked his music a lot & his dancing he was the coolest entertainer to me but I had never seen any of that stuff the only thing I'd seen aside from his music videos & performances on award shows was the Jacksons: An American Dream movie. So thanks for educating me, I forgot all about him being nominated for the Free Willy Soundtrack so you're right he deserves to be included but he should have had a title written below his name like Musician/Entertainer? Something. & Farrah did a lot more on tv but she was in a number of movies & was a part of the academy whether she was nominated or not the academy is a fancy term for the acting community. She was an actress, she should have been in it. I don't see how whoever it was, I saw someone with thee title "Journalist" listed in there, I think that person could have been cut & she could have easily been put in.

Yes, that is what I think too. There was also a Public Relations person?? There could have been a few edits. I think Farrah honestly deserved to be in it and it is sad that they left her out. I also know that she was in alot of movies and was part of the academy which was why I was sort of surprised, but I have worked out my own logic that works for me and gives me and understanding of why, you may need me proof, or whatever, but I can kind of understand the situation :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjboogie

Just my two cents but.....maybe MJ was included in the Oscar Memoriam because he is a great Actor like Klein told Larry King! This is just my opinion but I know some people say well they did a tribute to MJ for that Lifetime Achievment Award? But imo that tribute was not enough for MJ!! Not at all! Yes they showed the Earth Song, and sung it, but ....they should have did an historical to current coverage of MJ's life; hence, LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT . They should have mentioned a few of his humanitarian efforts! No it did not have to last an hour but that is what I call a TRIBUTE!

But yes, it is crazy that they would not have him on the Grammy memoriam.. in other words due to the fact that the Grammy memoriam imo was not that great they could have still included him ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

word

I was referring to the In Memoriums. That's what we're talking about here, not tributes or quick mentions about him. I watched all of those as well, the BET awards is a small awards show, I was referring to the major one the GRAMMYS, just like Farrah being left out of the major movie awards show the OSCARS.

There was not a need for a memorium if he was refered to as dead on the show(Grammys) thanks to Lionel Richie who said when Michael"died",this was the begining of the tribute.So he was not left out,he was giving his own spot.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

word

Quote from: "Kirsche"

Even James Brown was on it and they also did a huge tribute to him with Christina Aguilera
Because he was already refered to as dead during the tribute,Lionel Ritchie said when Michael "died"......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

miss j

it's because farah was better known as TV star..that's why..according to Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences executive director Bruce Davis.

read more here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You ain\'t heavy, you\'re my brother.

Kirsche

Quote from: "Kirsche"

Because he was already refered to as dead during the tribute,Lionel Ritchie said when Michael "died"......

yes, they did this also with JB, but also he was on the memoriram list...

I think it has to mean something, because the Grammys Produce is a good friend of MJ and they met on June 24th for something..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions