Re: Question regarding MJ's hair in May 09
December 04, 2009, 02:47:15 PM
Quote from: "xirisjex"
Quote from: "mjjveritas"
NYMoonwalker and Harleyblonde, Thank you both for responding. The links were very helpful. I just needed some confirmation on this point. The question came up because of a t-shirt that  MJ wore at rehearsals. The t-shirt was given to MJ by some fans. It said "Curls for my girls" and has musical notes as a design.

The shirt was a reaction to the fact that a LOT of fans were talking for a long time that Michael should bring the curls back. (there was a whole thread about it on at least one fansite: mjjcommunity.com)
A lot of fans felt the curls looked way better on him than the straight hair. So a fan gave him that shirt because so many fans were just thrilled that he brought the curls back  :lol:

Actually the person who gave the shirt talks about it on that forum (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

This person who gave MJ the shirt also posts on the LKL blogs. she spoke of a few things she shared with Mike. Also, way back on the blogs she was on there at the same time **mj** was on there and she asked him what shirt she gave him to prove it was really MJ on the blogs ( and this was before the shirt was revealed in any pics and before the movie)..and he got the question correct. So....I think MJ HAS posted on LKL.

Just thought Id share. When he answered I was floored. That is when I started following LKL blogs.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 04, 2009, 02:59:48 PM
Quote from: "Christiana"
MJ is wearing the Curls for My Girls shirt in this photo. Not gonna post the photo, just the link, since the photo is very big.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I just read the thread about that t shirt here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and it looks like he wore that t shirt on either the 23rd or the 24th - basically during one of or the last rehearsal. I wonder if that was a clue too??? Like a message to that fans - I love you?

PS: Lucky lucky girl who gave him the t shirt :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Ex MJHD here \";)\"

December 04, 2009, 03:01:52 PM
Quote from: "THE JACKSONOLOGIST"
Quote from: "xirisjex"
Quote from: "mjjveritas"
NYMoonwalker and Harleyblonde, Thank you both for responding. The links were very helpful. I just needed some confirmation on this point. The question came up because of a t-shirt that  MJ wore at rehearsals. The t-shirt was given to MJ by some fans. It said "Curls for my girls" and has musical notes as a design.

The shirt was a reaction to the fact that a LOT of fans were talking for a long time that Michael should bring the curls back. (there was a whole thread about it on at least one fansite: mjjcommunity.com)
A lot of fans felt the curls looked way better on him than the straight hair. So a fan gave him that shirt because so many fans were just thrilled that he brought the curls back  :lol:

Actually the person who gave the shirt talks about it on that forum (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

This person who gave MJ the shirt also posts on the LKL blogs. she spoke of a few things she shared with Mike. Also, way back on the blogs she was on there at the same time **mj** was on there and she asked him what shirt she gave him to prove it was really MJ on the blogs ( and this was before the shirt was revealed in any pics and before the movie)..and he got the question correct. So....I think MJ HAS posted on LKL.

Just thought Id share. When he answered I was floored. That is when I started following LKL blogs.

That's interesting cause I just found the thread in which she talks about giving the shirt and appariantly she is one of the follower fans as well... I wonder if that anwser changed her mind.
Btw I love that they gave him that shirt  :lol: I totally was one of the people that hoped he would bring his curls back.

Here ais some of the back story as found here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I told him that girls will go crazy if he wears that shirt, I never thought it will be crazy with grief

Cris123
Consider the shirt a gift from all of us, his girls. And the fact that he wore it on his last night, a secret message between Michael and you, a bond that will last forever.

Chris123
In his last two days in this world, I gave him two letters and two gifts: a fantasy book for him and the kids and a shirt he actually wore to rehearsals and on stage on Wednesday. Fate would have it that the last time he danced on stage he would wear a gift from fans with a message for fans

Chris123
You know, when I gave Michael the shirt, I also gave him a few shirts for his crew, with the text "my boss is the most loved on earth. who is it?"
I wanted Michael to see that and feel loved and grand, as he deserved.

Chris123
Haha, I think it looks ok, the font is a bit different, but good enough. And Michael's was long sleeved and a size M
Oh, Michael... You know what, something happened or he said something about it on his last night, but people I asked about keep their mouths shut, dunno why..
I wish I knew more about his reaction..

Chris123
Originally Posted by queen g  
^ you mean you never found out what he thought about the shirt...other than the compliment to you of his choosing to wear it?

Nooo, and I know there's more to it. But it was his last night, people are secretive and possessive about it I guess..

I hope she doesn't mind me posting this here. I think it's a nice story  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 04, 2009, 03:07:12 PM
Quote from: "NYMoonwalker"
This is Mike on May 20th

Can someone explain the differences between MJ's thumbs in the link above and  the pic below? 2 DIFFERENT hands completely!! here we go back to the doubles!!! LOL

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 04, 2009, 03:16:36 PM
I suspect that Michael's natural hair was curly and that he may have straightened it daily as we have seen him lately. Rumor has it that he wore wigs.....but I am not so sure----his hair looks rather authentic. However, I am not an expert and am probably fooled a lot. Can anyone else out there tell if his straight hairstyle is, in fact, a wig????? His curly hair could be a wig too but I am lost. If we only knew how much damage he had to his scalp (hair follicles) then we would all be able to form a better opinion.  What I do know for certain, is that with universal and extensive vitiligo (as Michael has) his hair pigment would be just as effected as his skin. Either he is wearing wigs or he is diligently dying his hair on a very frequent basis to cover the white that grows out.  Also, as an aside....that is why I am very perplexed to see pics of Michael with stubble growth on his entire face without any white (salt and pepper effect). That, is not in keeping with the effects of universal vitiligo. Could these pics indicate a double?  I am leaning to that but is all very confusing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

December 04, 2009, 03:20:57 PM
Quote from: "THE JACKSONOLOGIST"
Quote from: "NYMoonwalker"
This is Mike on May 20th

Can someone explain the differences between MJ's thumbs in the link above and  the pic below? 2 DIFFERENT hands completely!! here we go back to the doubles!!! LOL

It is in my humble opinion that the image of Michael in the May 20th photo link is NOT the real Michael, but a double. I am interested to hear everyone's opinions. When I see pics of Michael, I scrutinize every detail----particularly his teeth, hands, feet, eyes, jaw line and basic proportions. It would be so incredibly wonderful to find out the truth to all of this madness.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
~Mahatma Gandhi

December 04, 2009, 03:24:34 PM
On second look.....it could be MJ and his thumb is at an odd angle.  Can someone verify to me if I am seeing things but does the image of MJ on the link (straight hair)show white hair at the hairline?  It would be a first for me to see this and would indicate it to be the real Michael. Gosh, am I confused.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
~Mahatma Gandhi

December 04, 2009, 07:11:23 PM
Michael wore wigs, so it's possible that he had some graying that was visible from time to time. I've even seen pics of his sideburns showing (which do appear to be real hair--not part of a wig) that have gray in them too--not tons of gray, but it's there. So it's not weird to me to see his hairline different, or white showing or whatnot.
(Click on the photos when they open to make them enlarge)

As for his thumbs, those photos are taken at completely different angles. If you're going to compare photos of his fingers, they should be taken at the exact same angle or else they're never going to look the same. That's just not possible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

December 04, 2009, 07:40:58 PM
Quote from: "michaelsupporter"
I suspect that Michael's natural hair was curly and that he may have straightened it daily as we have seen him lately. Rumor has it that he wore wigs.....but I am not so sure----his hair looks rather authentic. However, I am not an expert and am probably fooled a lot. Can anyone else out there tell if his straight hairstyle is, in fact, a wig????? His curly hair could be a wig too but I am lost. If we only knew how much damage he had to his scalp (hair follicles) then we would all be able to form a better opinion.  What I do know for certain, is that with universal and extensive vitiligo (as Michael has) his hair pigment would be just as effected as his skin. Either he is wearing wigs or he is diligently dying his hair on a very frequent basis to cover the white that grows out.  Also, as an aside....that is why I am very perplexed to see pics of Michael with stubble growth on his entire face without any white (salt and pepper effect). That, is not in keeping with the effects of universal vitiligo. Could these pics indicate a double?  I am leaning to that but is all very confusing.
Michaels straight hair is most definetely a wig. My best friends Daughter is a hairdresser and beauty therapist and she says is definetely a wig, she says a guy of that age would not have such thick hair anyway and she can tell by the way it is at the scalp. I dont mean to be mean as I adore Michael and I would love him with no hair/green hair or whatever but I have noticed in a few videos he will just sort of touch his head and to me it looks as if he is checking his wig is in place-this is when he has the straight hair and of course he did wear hats a lot which would be ideal if you wore a wig.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

Lorrie

December 04, 2009, 08:04:54 PM
I believe Michael wears wigs most of the time, as well, and a specific kind called lace-front wigs, which are custom made to have a more natural-looking hairline. That's why it's so difficult for some people to tell he's wearing a wig, although people familiar with the lace-front style can tell easily.

What I do know for certain, is that with universal and extensive vitiligo (as Michael has) his hair pigment would be just as effected as his skin. Either he is wearing wigs or he is diligently dying his hair on a very frequent basis to cover the white that grows out. Also, as an aside....that is why I am very perplexed to see pics of Michael with stubble growth on his entire face without any white (salt and pepper effect). That, is not in keeping with the effects of universal vitiligo.

When you enlarge the second photo that Christiana provided the link to, you can clearly see that Michael has dark hair on his left arm, which I've noticed before. I seriously doubt he's vain enough to go dying the hair in out-of-the-way places like that, especially since it's concealed most of the time under his customary long-sleeved clothing.

My point is that I've never heard about the hair losing pigment with universal vitiligo, as well, michaelsupporter. But the photos I've seen of Michael with dark hair on other parts of his body besides his head seem to indicate (all of) his hair has not lost its pigment. I don't have an explanation, though, if your information is correct. However, I don't doubt for a moment that Michael does, in fact, have universal vitiligo.

And Harleyblonde, I've noticed Michael checking his hair that way, too, and I've also always felt he was making sure his wig was in place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 07, 2009, 09:33:01 PM
Quote from: "Lorrie"
I believe Michael wears wigs most of the time, as well, and a specific kind called lace-front wigs, which are custom made to have a more natural-looking hairline. That's why it's so difficult for some people to tell he's wearing a wig, although people familiar with the lace-front style can tell easily.

What I do know for certain, is that with universal and extensive vitiligo (as Michael has) his hair pigment would be just as effected as his skin. Either he is wearing wigs or he is diligently dying his hair on a very frequent basis to cover the white that grows out. Also, as an aside....that is why I am very perplexed to see pics of Michael with stubble growth on his entire face without any white (salt and pepper effect). That, is not in keeping with the effects of universal vitiligo.

When you enlarge the second photo that Christiana provided the link to, you can clearly see that Michael has dark hair on his left arm, which I've noticed before. I seriously doubt he's vain enough to go dying the hair in out-of-the-way places like that, especially since it's concealed most of the time under his customary long-sleeved clothing.

My point is that I've never heard about the hair losing pigment with universal vitiligo, as well, michaelsupporter. But the photos I've seen of Michael with dark hair on other parts of his body besides his head seem to indicate (all of) his hair has not lost its pigment. I don't have an explanation, though, if your information is correct. However, I don't doubt for a moment that Michael does, in fact, have universal vitiligo.

And Harleyblonde, I've noticed Michael checking his hair that way, too, and I've also always felt he was making sure his wig was in place.

Lace-front wigs are some of the best wigs with a natural match to the wearer's hair-line.  I do believe that Michael wears wigs.  I love MJ's hair especially his sweet curls.  MJ's hair is sexy no matter if it is straight or curly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

December 22, 2009, 05:53:50 PM
Quote from: "Harleyblonde"
The change of hairstyles is easily explainable as he wore wigs. Maybe the curly hair was his own? maybe he was losing his hair-he was nearly 51? Don't forget the pepsi accident, we were told he had reconstructive surgery to his scalp etc but we do not really know-or maybe if someone on here does they can enlighten us?  The autopsies that were leaked said he didn't have much hair but they were proved to be fake.
there is an article,and the man who did michaels scarecrow prosthesis from wizard of oz said Michael would wear his hair in braids and put on wigs to give his hair a break and to change up his look?i guess he wouldnt have time to keep doing his hair?bcuz it is indeed naturally curly and he wore braids as a child also and a teen,(rapping with the jacksons(yt) the vitiligo did make his hair look permish tho bcuz it did lose pigment.but the effects vary each person.i have two friends that have vitiligo and one with hyperpigmentation and none of them have effects on their hair so.......
Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 02:21:52 PM by EternalBliss
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
One Day.....but until then,Thank You.

December 23, 2009, 03:34:23 AM
Quote from: "Lorrie"

I've read that the hair follicles in some vitiligo patients are resistant to the loss of pigment.  I'll see if I can find a link.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

December 23, 2009, 02:19:23 PM

and a BUNCH of close ups where Michaels side burns are white,like salt and pepperish,even from the early 90's
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
One Day.....but until then,Thank You.

December 28, 2009, 12:01:11 PM
Why a person with a lot of money, would not want a hair implant?. It would be much easier
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions