aliveTopic starter

Janet on Oprah
March 10, 2010, 05:03:57 AM
Janet Jackson to Appear on Oprah
 No one is afraid to sit down with Oprah these days! The talk show queen has reportedly added Janet Jackson to her list of guests. According to her website, Janet will be appearing alongside Tyler Perry to promote their new movie Why Did I Get Married Too.

Inside sources also say Janet is planning to perform her new single “Nothing” on the show. Jermaine Dupri produced the song, which is also featured on the movie’s soundtrack

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    :)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RedPennylocks

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • A dream is a wish your heart makes
Re: Janet on Oprah
March 11, 2010, 07:42:22 PM
This will be interesting to see. She is supposed to be on Jay Leno too on March 18, along with Orianthi the same night.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

An amazing person comes in many packages. If you only see with your eyes and not with your heart you will miss a lot of amazing people-do you agree?-Tito Jackson

March 11, 2010, 08:34:08 PM
Janet is busy promoting her movie and album.  But most people including Oprah want to know things about Michael.   Janet inrterview will mostly be about Michael amd she will use him, to promote her movie and new album., (especially on the Jay Leno show).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 15, 2010, 03:05:00 AM
If I were Janet I wouldn't do the Oprah show because I feel like Oprah was kinda disrepectful to MJ.  After he died she did that show where she discussed interviewing him.  She made a statement like she told MJ that she would like to keep in touch but she didn't and she didn't go to the memorial because she didn't consider him as a friend.  Then she said well maybe if I would have reached out to him who knows.  That made me irritated because she act like she is so high and mighty sometimes compared to other people.  Like she's the savior of everybody.  I also heard she made some statements about him during the trial that wasn't too nice.  I think she just interviewed him to boost ratings for her show anyway.  I think she looked at him as strange.  It will be interesting to see how she acts with Janet.  Hopefully she won't discuss her brother that much on there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 15, 2010, 06:49:08 PM
I don't personally like Oprah; she seems quite self-righteous.  That comment after MJ died about not being his friend (but oh she would have liked to!) was an awkward attempt to save face... In other words, it was all about HER.  Here's an interview Oprah did with LMP and her mother Priscilla in March 2005, right in the midst of MJ's child molestation trial (how's that for timing?):

Part 1: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Part 2: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oprah didn't seem to have a good opinion of Michael, and Lisa-Marie did something very ugly in that interview: she portrayed Michael as a master manipulator and the marriage to him as a huge mistake.  She also said that she was messed up for about two years after the divorce.  I have trouble believing her story, given that in 1997 she visited Michael on the HIStory tour and they were seen holding hands backstage in London: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Speaking for myself, if someone were a jerk to me or betrayed me or messed me up in a major way, I'd never want to hear from them again.  I would NOT keep in touch and/or stay friends!!

Oh, and Priscilla said in the Oprah interview that she was suspicious of MJ, and thought that he was interested in becoming affiliated with Elvis.  She said there's a "whole thread" in Michael's life about Elvis, and Neverland is modeled on Graceland... I couldn't believe the BS she was saying!!  It's not like MJ was a nobody or a wannabe or even a big Elvis fan.  :roll:

And Oprah HAD to ask (just like Diane Sawyer) whether the marriage to MJ was consummated!  Classy.  :evil:

Anyhow, I went on a tangent... Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.   :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 12:46:33 AM
Quote from: "truthprevails"
I don't personally like Oprah; she seems quite self-righteous.  That comment after MJ died about not being his friend (but oh she would have liked to!) was an awkward attempt to save face... In other words, it was all about HER.  Here's an interview Oprah did with LMP and her mother Priscilla in March 2005, right in the midst of MJ's child molestation trial (how's that for timing?):

Part 1: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Part 2: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oprah didn't seem to have a good opinion of Michael, and Lisa-Marie did something very ugly in that interview: she portrayed Michael as a master manipulator and the marriage to him as a huge mistake.  She also said that she was messed up for about two years after the divorce.  I have trouble believing her story, given that in 1997 she visited Michael on the HIStory tour and they were seen holding hands backstage in London: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Speaking for myself, if someone were a jerk to me or betrayed me or messed me up in a major way, I'd never want to hear from them again.  I would NOT keep in touch and/or stay friends!!

Oh, and Priscilla said in the Oprah interview that she was suspicious of MJ, and thought that he was interested in becoming affiliated with Elvis.  She said there's a "whole thread" in Michael's life about Elvis, and Neverland is modeled on Graceland... I couldn't believe the BS she was saying!!  It's not like MJ was a nobody or a wannabe or even a big Elvis fan.  :roll:

And Oprah HAD to ask (just like Diane Sawyer) whether the marriage to MJ was consummated!  Classy.  :evil:

Anyhow, I went on a tangent... Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.   :)

I agree with you.  Oprah does come across like that at times.  I don't know why she would ask Lisa if her and MJ had sex that's not her business anyway.  (MJ got that though.lol)  I remember Oprah ask him if he was a virgin and he was very upset when she ask that question.  Anyway I think that's messed up that Lisa Marie would try to say that she was manipulated on her show.  Come on now that girl got attitude I can't see her being manipulated in anyway.  She married MJ by her own free will right after she just got out of a marriage.  So it's her own fault that she didn't take a break after her marriage.  She jumped right into a relationship with MJ.
In my opinion she was probably messed up because she wasn't over him and he wouldn't take her back.  Plus she was seen out with him after the marriage.  So apparently she wasn't over him.  I think her mom interfered in that marriage too.  I think if anybody manipulated anything was her mom because I think she never liked MJ and she was telling Lisa it wasn't a good idea to be with him or have his kids.  As far as MJ being obsessed with Elvis I don't see why because MJ had a bigger impact on pop culture than him.  No disrespect to Elvis fans but that's my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 12:10:51 PM
^^I agree about the bigger than Elvis comment....MJ wasn't too fond of Elvis at all, I believe.  I know the Jacksons had to change thieir song Heartbreak Hotel to No Place Hotel (which makes no sense) cuz Elvis's camp didn't like that it had the same name...and in the speech MJ and Al Sharpton did in Harlem in 2002, MJ says something about how Elvis and other white artists stole the works and credit due to black artists....I don't think MJ was all that fond of Elvis at all...

The following from "Elvis Presley Legacy is cloudy through lens of Race" by Christopher Blank
Source: Elvis Australia

(‘The only thing black people can do for me is shine my shoes and buy my music,’ he once opined.)”

It was back in 1957 that Presley first was accused of making that infamous remark. In April of that year, the lurid, white-owned Sepia, a magazine for blacks, ran an article, entitled, “How Negroes Feel About Elvis.” Early in the article the following paragraph appeared.

“Some Negroes are unable to forget that Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi, hometown of the foremost Dixie race baiter, former Congressman Jon Rankin. Others believe a rumored crack by Elvis during a Boston appearance in which he is alleged to have said: ‘The only thing Negroes can do for me is shine my shoes and buy my records’.”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 01:40:35 PM
Quote from: "RedPennylocks"
This will be interesting to see. She is supposed to be on Jay Leno too on March 18, along with Orianthi the same night.

WOW!  What a coincidence!! NOT. (I havent said that since the early 90's)  :lol:
I cant wait to watch that show!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions