2000 Watts
March 10, 2010, 07:20:31 AM
I wanted to know if ANYONE understands the meaning of the lyrics for this song :?
I mean it could have a simple meaning but then again idk so here ae the lyrics and if u come up with anything please let me know :D

2000 Watts Lyrics:

Bass note, treble, stereo
control, how low you go
Just enough to make your juices flow
Press play, don't stop, voltage, too hot
You feel I'm real
I'm everything you need, so
tell me what's the deal
[Chorus]
2000 Watts, 8 ohms, 200 volts, real strong
Too much of that, fuse blown
Be careful what you say don't overload
2000 Watts, 8 ohms, 200 volts, real strong
Too much of that, fuse blown
Be careful what you say don't overload
3D, high speed, feedback, Dolby
Release two or three, when I reach I
can go ‘til I hit my peak
Compact steelo, chico, D-Lo, highpost lady
Shorty really wanna be there for me
 [Chorus]
 [Ad Libs]
 [Chorus out]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

Re: 2000 Watts
March 10, 2010, 07:29:32 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LOL I never thought of this song sexually. MY INNOCENCE, SHATTERED!!! SIGH @ MJ!  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 10, 2010, 10:24:53 AM
I love this song, but unfortunately, after everything I've learned from this forum, all I can think about now when I hear it is MK-ULTRA.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 10, 2010, 11:12:54 AM
Oh god, I was so naive
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

twitter account ] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

~Souza~

March 10, 2010, 11:19:11 AM
Quote from: "paloma7"
I love this song, but unfortunately, after everything I've learned from this forum, all I can think about now when I hear it is MK-ULTRA.

I am glad people are picking it up! I as well think this song is about the electroshocks that are used with the programming of MK ULTRA victims.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

word

March 11, 2010, 08:11:55 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"

I am glad people are picking it up! I as well think this song is about the electroshocks that are used with the programming of MK ULTRA victims.

No it is not,this song is about a girl."shorty" is another name for girl.You guys need to stop butchrering Michael's music.How simple is it?,the lyrics are right there in front of  you,this song has a sexual content to it,"can I reach my peak"if we are experinced sexually, then we should all know what reaching a peak is to a man,peace.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 11, 2010, 08:22:06 PM
Quote from: "word"

No it is not,this song is about a girl."shorty" is another name for girl.You guys need to stop butchrering Michael's music.How simple is it?,the lyrics are right there in front of  you,this song has a sexual content to it,"can I reach my peak"if we are experinced sexually, then we should all know what reaching a peak is to a man,peace.
Just because you have a different opinion, that doesn't mean that Souza and paloma7 are 'butchering' his music.

The only one that really knows what these lyrics are about is mister Jackson himself. Other people, including you, can just guess.

It is okay to have a different opinion, but you can state that in a polite way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Before you judge me
Try hard to love me"

word

March 11, 2010, 08:31:30 PM
Quote from: "Chamone"

Just because you have a different opinion, that doesn't mean that Souza and paloma7 are 'butchering' his music.

The only one that really knows what these lyrics are about is mister Jackson himself. Other people, including you, can just guess.

2000 Watts has nothing to do with electrically shocking people.I am not guessing, I can read,the lyrics are right there.Michael put music that made you think and made you dance,no one is going to dance to a song that is about human torture.What kind of man are you trying to make Michael out to be? Since its my opinion then,I'll call it as I see it,peace.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 11, 2010, 08:33:14 PM

2000 Watts has nothing to do with electrically shocking people.I am not guessing, I can read,the lyrics are right there.Michael put music that made you think and made you dance,no one is going to dance to a song that is about human torture.What kind of man are you trying to make Michael out to be? Since its my opinion then,I'll call it as I see it,peace.
Ofcourse you can call it as you see. But that doesn't make it the truth and it isn't a reason to trash other people on the forum.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Before you judge me
Try hard to love me"

word

March 11, 2010, 08:41:25 PM

Ofcourse you can call it as you see. But that doesn't make it the truth and it isn't a reason to trash other people on the forum.

I didn't trash other people I simply said stop butchering his music,and it goes both ways,who are you their personal cheerleder? Stop taking his lyrics out of context to make them match you so called hoax.If you want people to believe this is a hoax then stop reaching.Its a fact 2000 watts has nothing to do with torturing people,its a dance cut about  a woman.Do your research,peace.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 11, 2010, 08:44:06 PM
OMG!!!! :x
I DID NOT make this topic for people to fight!!!! There is no need for that I don't want anyone trash talking I just wanted diff opinions from everyone then I make up my mind on which I think is more plausible!!! I hate when stuff like that happens and thnx Souza and Paloma7 I was thinking that 2 for a min ;)
Thnx Chamone and the other poster for trying to make Peace now I love all of u the same but this arguing over this stuff is not going to cut. it :x :( !!!!
I thank you also word for ur opinion that was another 1 of my thoughts also but the song is just confusing for me :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

March 11, 2010, 08:46:14 PM

I didn't trash other people I simply said stop butchering his music,and it goes both ways,who are you their personal cheerleder? Stop taking his lyrics out of context to make them match you so called hoax.If you want people to believe this is a hoax then stop reaching.Its a fact 2000 watts has nothing to do with torturing people,its a dance cut about  a woman.Do your research,peace.
You know if you're gonna say things like what I put in bold, then this isn't the board for you, and this isn't the first time I've seen you say something like this. If the hoax is such a joke to you than you shouldn't have registered here..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 11, 2010, 08:49:04 PM

Well, when you are accusing people of 'butchering' songs and ordering them to stop, that isn't very nice. And when someone points that out to you, it isn't also very nice to get sarcastic and ask if I am their personal cheerleader.

I don't want anyone to believe this is a hoax. I want people to think different, make up their own minds and believe what they want. So I have absolutely no problem with you believing that this song is just a dance cut about a woman, and I have no problems with people believing there is more to this song.

I just happend to notice that you appearantly do seem to have some issues with people not sharing your opinion, and that is why I butted in. Life is easier if people are nice to each other, despites their differences.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Before you judge me
Try hard to love me"

word

March 11, 2010, 08:51:38 PM
Quote from: "Mj5StarChick"
I DID NOT make this topic for people to fight!!!! There is no need for that I don't want anyone trash talking I just wanted diff opinions from everyone then I make up my mind on which I think is more plausible!!! I hate when stuff like that happens and thnx Souza and Paloma7 I was thinking that 2 for a min ;)
Thnx Chamone and the other poster for trying to make Peace now I love all of u the same but this arguing over this stuff is not going to cut. it :x :( !!!!
I thank you also word for ur opinion that was another 1 of my thoughts also but the song is just confusing for me :?

I'm sorry mj5starchick,I was just having a difference of an opinion,then Chamone took thinkgs to another level.2000 Watts is my favorite cut of the Invincible album outside of Butterflies,I just couldn't see MJ jamming to a song that means abusing your fellow man.I truly meant no harm,I was just stating my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 11, 2010, 08:52:49 PM
Quote from: "Mj5StarChick"
Don't worry Mj5StarChick! I'm not arguing. Just trying to make people see there can be different sides to a story. Or to some lyrics.  ;)

The 'problem' with song lyrics (as for poems and stories) is that a lot of time there are different layers to it. If you look at 2000 Watts as a one dimensional text, it is indeed just about sex. But what if MJ choose these words as metaphores?

The only thing I know for sure is that this song has a kick ass beat!  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions