Quote from: "shakespere25"
It's fishy either way.

If they were filming Michael "in case" he didn't make it to do the concerts because...

or...

If in reverse Michael was orchestrating this as a movie never intending to perform any of it on stage.

Lets face it, "This Is It" wasn't Michael's best work.  I don't believe that he would ever have released 'practice' sessions at all, or at the very least this whole thing was cut very very short.

IMO he would have had to be very very sure that he would be seen in a positive light based on past negative footage. Do you guys think this movie does that?  Is it up to his usual standards?  Do you honestly think he would have wanted us to see this patchwork that was so haphazardly put together?

Here are some facts about Michael that I have never seen disputed.

1. Michael the perfectionist.
2. Michael taking great pains to keep as much privacy in his life as possible.
3. Michael not giving a crap about money in the sense of how much any of this will cost.
4. Michael being all about a polished finished product when it comes to his craft.

All of what we know about him makes it terribly hard for me to believe that he would have been in any way sloppy about this or any other venture.  
Leading me to believe that someone else was pulling the strings...  
Leaving Michael looking for a way out, because in this scenario he most certainly would want out...

I very much agree with you. And yeah, it's fishy either way.  :?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Jennie

It's fishy either way.

If they were filming Michael "in case" he didn't make it to do the concerts because...

or...

If in reverse Michael was orchestrating this as a movie never intending to perform any of it on stage.

Lets face it, "This Is It" wasn't Michael's best work.  I don't believe that he would ever have released 'practice' sessions at all, or at the very least this whole thing was cut very very short.

IMO he would have had to be very very sure that he would be seen in a positive light based on past negative footage. Do you guys think this movie does that?  Is it up to his usual standards?  Do you honestly think he would have wanted us to see this patchwork that was so haphazardly put together?

3. Michael not giving a crap about money in the sense of how much any of this will cost.
4. Michael being all about a polished finished product when it comes to his craft.

All of what we know about him makes it terribly hard for me to believe that he would have been in any way sloppy about this or any other venture.  
Leaving Michael looking for a way out, because in this scenario he most certainly would want out...

I find very interesting what you just mentionned here. From my msn.ca homepage I did a search to see if there was anything new out there circulating about mj and I came a across an article dated march 13th in wich the 1st had picked dancer by mj a year ago day to day was being interviewed. His name is Kyiss Grant and I found 2 things very interesting that fit in very well with what you are saying.

1. He claimed that he questionned what was going on as to wether Michael was being takin advantage of and being told what to do.

2. Grant says he is bemused about what was included in TII and what wasnt. He says there is a lot of stuff that was not shown in TII and he really dont know why.

And there is one more thing he said that I fouund intriguing. He said that for the last 2 rehearsals Michael was different, he was really into it and open minded. He says MJ's vibe was just really different. :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There were dancer auditions way back in April 2009. The link below is from dancers who auditioned and either made it or not or those that wished they could of auditioned. The thread is long, but it does exist regarding dancer auditions. One of the members on MJHD.NET is a dancer herself and said "stuff like this is advertised through agencies and stage school magazines or MJs promoter/agent will let stage schools know where they are holding open auditions.. Its not a tv show so that is how its done.."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's just a couple of posts that might interest you:-

[b]Marni17th April 2009, 07:20 AM
DI- I posted that list on the first page [/b]

MJrock, apparently it was a private audition and according to sources and bloggers, some dancers came from other parts of the US and "all over the world". Sounds to me like people were actually invited personally after they were chosen from agencies.

Super J18th April 2009, 01:00 PMPete Carter (who had MJ do his autograph on his back - see Anything For News) speaks about the auditions a little more...[/b]

I wasn't inside the auditions. I am a dancer- but I don't have an agent or anything and you had to be submitted and chosen to even audition. A good friend of mine auditioned and was 2 people away from making it. Travis Payne taught the Dangerous routine- with some added steps- Michael sat in the audience and pointed out dancers he liked. Seven guys and 2 girls were chosen. I watched as each person came out either completely freaking out that they just made the tour- or just very excited that they even got the chance to audition for Michael. A couple girls came out and were falling to their knees saying they were SO close. He just had the girls freestyle for him. I saw Prince's twin dancers from 3121 there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Jennie"
I find very interesting what you just mentionned here. From my msn.ca homepage I did a search to see if there was anything new out there circulating about mj and I came a across an article dated march 13th in wich the 1st had picked dancer by mj a year ago day to day was being interviewed. His name is Kyiss Grant and I found 2 things very interesting that fit in very well with what you are saying.

1. He claimed that he questionned what was going on as to wether Michael was being takin advantage of and being told what to do.

2. Grant says he is bemused about what was included in TII and what wasnt. He says there is a lot of stuff that was not shown in TII and he really dont know why.

And there is one more thing he said that I fouund intriguing. He said that for the last 2 rehearsals Michael was different, he was really into it and open minded. He says MJ's vibe was just really different. :?

I saw him being told what to do in some of those scenes... I attributed that to doubles who simply didn't know what they were doing...
Editing is an interesting thing.  I would be very interested in seeing unedited footage for sure!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

From a video editor/producer stand point, shooting Michael for only two days for a documentary just doesn't cut it. It takes hours of footage just to make a decent 30 minute show let alone an entire put together documentary.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

Quote from: "Jennie"
It's fishy either way.

or...

because it was REALLY michael not a Double  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "2good2btrue"
I think the substitute MJ. the one in the orange pants, was hired to fill in for MJ, so the dancers could still rehearse even when MJ couldn't be there..(He was too busy working on his hoax death plan with the family)  Just a thought !!!!  And I agree with the fact that it was filmed over 2 days as I also examined closely all the wardrobe changes, which weren't many.  Cheers xox
Nice theory!  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Jacksonology"
Quote from: "lovemj4everandever"
Of course it was always meant to be a movie.  You can't put a live show like this together in three months....

THIS (below) was the FIRST PROMO PIC released for This Is It in May of 2009.....

Certainly, this is a picture promoting a MOVIE, not a concert!  This has ALWAYS been CRYSTAL CLEAR!    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
and it was registerd as a ''motion picture'' it would of been logical to list it as a ''music concert documentary'' or something.

if it had been rehearsal footage for 'michael's private archives', like they were trying to tell people, there would have even been no reason to list it anywhere at all. only commercial productions are listed, right? if the movie shows up as 'documentary' in any next movie award nominations (whichever one...), it'll be the last proof that 'this is it' was a movie from the beginning and never 'private footage'. well, kenny already gave that away enough times, especially when he said that michael 'personally supervised', which clips were going to be used in the final movie. now, when was that supposed to be?  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

[quote="tabloidburn
if it had been rehearsal footage for 'michael's private archives', like they were trying to tell people, there would have even been no reason to list it anywhere at all. only commercial productions are listed, right? if the movie shows up as 'documentary' in any next movie award nominations (whichever one...), it'll be the last proof that 'this is it' was a movie from the beginning and never 'private footage'. well, kenny already gave that away enough times, especially when he said that michael 'personally supervised', which clips were going to be used in the final movie. now, when was that supposed to be?  :mrgreen:[/quote]

Good point
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Of course it was always meant to be a movie.  You can't put a live show like this together in three months....

THIS (below) was the FIRST PROMO PIC released for This Is It in May of 2009.....

Certainly, this is a picture promoting a MOVIE, not a concert!  This has ALWAYS been CRYSTAL CLEAR!    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
and it was registerd as a ''motion picture'' it would of been logical to list it as a ''music concert documentary'' or something.

Yes!  And the audiovisual recordings from June 23rd and June 24th were PRE-REGISTERED in the United States Copyright Database as "Motion Picture/Soundtrack/Musical."    ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS going to be a movie!  This is the movie MJ contacted DiLeo about co-producing in 2007, the kind of movie that had never been done before!    :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
thats what confused me what does it mean audiovisual recordings from june 23-24th? i though this was filmed for 3 months?

I know you keep up very well and I pay close attention to your posts.  The ones who were there, technical people, lighting people etc. who have spoken say Michael came for the "dancer auditions, many business/production meetings and was involved in all aspects of creative production."  They say Michael was at Culver City from June 1st through June 10th for the DOME project and filming of the 3D and 2D films which included green screen.  That explains why everyone was so excited for "And Michael's coming today. There's The Man.  The Man is here."    They say after that he did not return again until June 23rd which was the first rehearsal day at the Staples Center.  So the 23rd and 24th were clearly planned to be the audiovisual/sound track recordings for the motion picture.  That's the ONLY way that any of this makes any sense.  

All of Michael's on-stage performances were shot in those two days, the 23rd and 24th, and he has several wardrobe changes to make it look like many different days, but the back-up singers and dancers' wardrobe changes do not coincide with Michael's.  For instance Orianthi has on the silver dress and sparkling boots while Michael goes through 4 changes of clothes.  Orianthi is the easiest one to keep up with because of the "sparkly" outfit but if one pays close attention, you will clearly see that Michael is changing clothes and no one else is.   ;)   Clearly, June 23rd and June 24th were shot for the "motion picture" and that is why it is 'PRE-REGISTERED IN THE COPYRIGHT DATABASE" as such.    :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Ohhhh, Gotcha  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dear moderators,
adjust the reference to the author's blog You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I hope for further fruitful cooperation.
:!:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Olgeya"
Dear moderators,
adjust the reference to the author's blog You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I hope for further fruitful cooperation.
:!:
what does this have to do with the topic??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lol nothing has to do with the topic on this thread anyway...it was supposed to be about the fake casting of the dancers and everybody talks bout sth else....so........welcome Olgeya...lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tina K.

It dosent surprice me, that it was filmed over 2 days only, and Michael wore only 2 pair of pants. The orange and the black with the dirty spot on, right ? But that about the dancers, wow! Lies all the time :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael I love you allways.

First post of the topic has been copied to the blog theresurrectionmj, and then on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login without reference to the blog author You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
The Author of this meterial spent too much time to collect and analise various data. She has many other interesting articles.
Once again kindly requested to moderators edit the post. I hope for your understanding. ;)  Lets respect each other's hard work
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions