Hey guys! I know this is a bit far out there, but It came to mind and I rather say something than keep it bottled up. Most of us know about tie's between Lady Gaga and MJ, such as him being quoted of liking her and saying how unique she was blah blah blah. We also know that Beyonce respected MJ enough to do a rendition of Halo for his passing, live at her concert. So recently Gaga and Beyonce teamed up to do a song, called Telephone. Besides the fact the video is 9 minutes long I didn't see much of anything pointing to MJ. But then theres the ending, Where Gaga says she wants to go "Far Far Away" Gee... doesnt that remind you of a certain song that was released after he 'died' "take me to a place without no name". Sure thats a pretty cliche line of escaping from the police, but cant a guy dream that the next part is gonna have all three?!!! :D :D

Here is the Video to Telephone You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Judge for yourself, the ending part I described was 9:05

Reading back this sounds VERY far-fetched. Hope I'm not wasting your time. I'm out of idea's.

ALSO: the place with no name topic You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Your love is magical"

I am sorry but I think you are reaching , not everything is related to Michael.  Plus the video, is disgusting.  Lady Fruitcake really will do anythiong for fame!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You know i dont think that was reaching all tha far myself  ;)  Did you see Gaga do the MJ move as they released her from jail????  Beyonce says "do you promise we can go far far away and never come back????? hmmmmmmmm ....something to think about...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~~spreading the love~~~lets heal the world~~
~~Oklahomas most dedicated fan....Sheryll~~
~~~~~~~I Love U Michael~~~~~~~

Gaga posted this link on Twitter tonight, I guess she enjoyed their analysis  :D
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The blog is great and I think you should read it if you have a few minutes, here is a clip;

9.  Homage to Michael Jackson
Harq: All I noticed were the shoulder pads on Beyonce's pseudo-military jacket, which are obviously a big MJ signature.  Again we have our pick of meanings and significances: Beyonce is a new black monarch of popular music; the rampant appropriation, relocation, and juxtaposition of symbols characteristic of bricolage and postmodernism; or just the simple (and, honestly, probably unintentional) fun of using a military symbol as your locus of homage (which of course is a word that originally meant the swearing of oaths of fealty in feudal societies - oaths that often included a commitment to military service).

onlywordstoplaywith:  There's also Gaga's little MichaelJackson-esque dance move as she's let out of the prison.  OOOOH, and I just remembered!  She channels one of Madonna's many images during her dance sequence in the prison.  Isn't it interesting that the two artists she embodies or echoes in this prison segment are both the former King and current Queen of pop?!  So when Gaga is let out of prison, this may either imply the release of these two figures from some sort of cultural/social shackles as well, or else, this indicates that Gaga is kissing those former royals good bye.  Hmmmm.  I'm more inclined toward the latter interpretation.  That Michael Jackson and Madonna are always trying to express themselves or confess themselves out of the various prisons society has put them in (gender, racial, psychological, etc.), or perceive themselves as being caught in a prison of sorts, whereas Gaga is not a figure trying to escape a prison.  She creates her identity and performance, rather than releasing it.  And she's not making any fucking excuses for it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lady Gaga loves Michael:

"How do I feel when Michael Jackson died? (pause) I don't know what world we're making music in anymore without Michael Jackson. But it really made me think about the thing that I hold very most dear to me and it's also the thing that I get... I get relentlessly challenged about which is my underdying love for show business. It's something that's very frowned upon, especially in American pop culture for musicians... the theatrics of it is something that has been dead for a long time. But Michael Jackson is the king of show business and I thought to myself - I can never change who I am. I've always gotta stay true to showbiz."

And we all know he loved her, too.  He would probably love Telephone.

Beyonce was good friends with him:

Diddy talks about how MJ came to a party because Beyonce was there, and danced with her all night.
[youtube:3fzfhxfb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EVofjQ-URQ[/youtube:3fzfhxfb]

She dedicated Halo to Mike at every show on her tour after June 25th.

4:22 onwards, she shows footage of her as a child about to go to the Bad tour, then she can't sing from crying:

[youtube:3fzfhxfb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw2KCsLR1xo[/youtube:3fzfhxfb]

As for Telephone, there's definitely MJ influences in it, but I don't think there's any clues.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Get the point?  Good.  Lets dance.

Is it over yet?  Can I open my eyes?

Last night I watched the "Telephone" only cause in the article was mentioned as
the new "THRILLER" and I was like  :shock:
Of  course they add that "THRILLER" is only one but maybe in some years from now , people will still talking about  "telephone" like they do for "THRILLER".
The only common thing that I notice is the duration.
I didn't like it at all, let alone the comparison .  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Don't forget the dance sequence in the diner after they've killed everybody, it's very similar to the Thriller steps  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=85]Lift Your Head Up High and Scream Out To The World
I Know I Am Someone and Let The Truth Unfurl
No One Can Hurt You Now because You Know What\'s True
Yes, I Believe In Me, So You Believe In You[/size]

Please don't compare those vulgaire attention-seeking illuminati puppets with Michael Jackson, the humanitarian, the legend, the beautiful, wonderful man.

If Beyonce really was friends with him, how come she wasn't at the funeral or the memorial?  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

nynyro

I think they are exploiting him for personal gain, just like a lot of artists now.  But thats just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Dancing_Machine"
Please don't compare those vulgaire attention-seeking illuminati puppets with Michael Jackson, the humanitarian, the legend, the beautiful, wonderful man.

If Beyonce really was friends with him, how come she wasn't at the funeral or the memorial?  :roll:

Agreed.
I think they were at some award functions at the same time & she presented him with a couple of awards.  
As Diddy said, he was at a party with her and danced with her but that doesn't make them "friends."
I think he found her attractive as a lot of people do, and wanted to dance with her.

Quote from: "nynyro"
I think they are exploiting him for personal gain, just like a lot of artists now. But thats just my opinion.

2nd this as well.
Where was the support before June 25th?
Were they talking about how much they loved him and he was so great, yada yada before they thought he was dead?

NO!   :roll:

Most of them maintained a comfortable distance.

On a professional level, who wouldn't want to be "big" enough to pull Michael Jackson into their recording studio or onto their stage?   :roll:
But on a personal level - how many of them spoke up for him or defended him as a human being and "friend?"

If he weren't "dead", neither Beyonce nor Gaga would be riding his balls like they are now...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

becuz she knew he is well and right alive!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

Quote from: "virgo75"

Agreed.
I think they were at some award functions at the same time & she presented him with a couple of awards.  
As Diddy said, he was at a party with her and danced with her but that doesn't make them "friends."
I think he found her attractive as a lot of people do, and wanted to dance with her.

Quote from: "nynyro"
I think they are exploiting him for personal gain, just like a lot of artists now. But thats just my opinion.

2nd this as well.
Where was the support before June 25th?
Were they talking about how much they loved him and he was so great, yada yada before they thought he was dead?

NO!   :roll:

Most of them maintained a comfortable distance.

On a professional level, who wouldn't want to be "big" enough to pull Michael Jackson into their recording studio or onto their stage?   :roll:
But on a personal level - how many of them spoke up for him or defended him as a human being and "friend?"

If he weren't "dead", neither Beyonce nor Gaga would be riding his balls like they are now...

I hate the fake MJ adoration BS... I have a good sensing of a person's character usually within an hour of knowing them... if only MJ was around to say who his real friends were  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If Michael is really dead, then all these events are really unfortunate.....

The thing that I feel bad about is that the people who had known him since his heydays couldnt care less about him during his last years....and all of  a sudden----

WE HAVE THESE SELF PROCLAIMED MICHAEL JACKSON DISCIPLES GOING AROUND PROFESSING THEIR LOVE FOR HIM AS HE WAS A PART OF THEIR FAMILY......

NONE OF THEM HAD THE BALLS TO COME FORWARD AND SUPPORT HIM DURING HIS BAD DAYS.....

HIS OWN COMMUNITY FIRST BETRAYED HIM....AND NOW THEY ARE EXPLOITING HIM....

F@#CKING MORONS.....THE WHOLE LOTTA THEM.... :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

THEY ARE NOTHINGLESS THAN GRAVE ROBBERS....TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING OUT OF A DEAD MAN.... :evil:  :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

Quote from: Doctor Death

The thing that I feel bad about is that the people who had known him since his heydays couldnt care less about him during his last years....

what a lonely feeling to bear! poor thing!  :cry:  :cry:  :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CNN just announced that MTV has now banned the Beyonce/Lady Ga Ga video. If it weren't for youtube the vid might fade into oblivion. It will be interesting to see how long it stays on youtube. Will they buckle under pressure?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions