Re: NEW Record Deal for Michael
March 19, 2010, 03:37:32 AM
“In October 2001, Jackson released Invincible. This was his first full-length album in six years, and it turned out to be the last album of new material he released while still alive. The release of the album was preceded by a dispute between Jackson and his record label, Sony Music Entertainment. Jackson had expected the licenses to the masters of his albums to revert to him sometime in the early 2000s. Once he had the licenses, he would be able to promote the material however he pleased and he would also be able to keep all the profits. However, due to various clauses in the contract, the revert date turned out to be many years away. Jackson discovered that the attorney who represented him in the deal was also representing Sony.Jackson was also concerned about another conflict of interest. For a number of years, Sony had been pushing to buy all of Jackson's share in their music catalog venture. Jackson feared that Sony might have something to gain from Jackson's career failing, since if his career did fail he would have to sell his share of the catalog.

These conflicts were utilized by the entertainer to leverage an early exit to his contract. Just before the release of Invincible, Jackson informed the head of Sony Music Entertainment, Tommy Mottola, that he was leaving Sony. As a result, all singles releases, video shootings and promotions concerning the Invincible album were canceled. In spite of the uproar preceding its release,”

BELOW IS REGARDING COURT TRANSCRIPT INFO IN 2005 TRAIL

Branca was an attorney in Los Angeles doing music work for Michael.

Branca was a partner at the Ziffren law firm in LA. That firm also represented Sony.

Sony paid money into the offshore account for Branca with the intent for Branca to sell out Michael.
Bear in mind that in this time period, Michael was in conference talks with Sony concerning both of their interests in the catalog.

Michael cleaned house so to speak, firing Branca and other associates. He also had Branca and a few other investigated.

Snippet below is from the 2005 court transcripts:-

Here is one question put to LeGrand by Mr Mesereau during the 2005 trial

Q: Was it your belief when you started this investigation that Al Malnik, Tommy Motolla, John Branca and people at Sony were trying to find a way to get Mr Jacksons interest in that Music Catalog.

A: I'm not sure that I would include Al Malnic in that group, but certainly was concerned that Branca and Motolla in particular, had set the stage so to speak, for Sony to be able to obtain Michaels interest in the Sony/ATV joint venture.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 26, 2010, 01:53:38 PM
Quote from: "deepu priyanka"
I THINK MJ IS BEHIND THE CONTRACT SIGNING .. WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT HAD PATCHED UP WITH THEM N THAT CAN BE POSSIBLE....NOW AT PRESENT HE MAY BE AT GOOD TERMS WITH THEM.... MAY BE THAT COULD BE THE REASON OF SIGNING 7 YEARS CONTRACT VIT THEM....... JUST SEEING A POSSIBILITY NO OFFENSE. GOOD LUCK MJ. I THINK NEED RELIEF FROM UR MOUNTED DEBTS. THERE IS ONE MORE THING TO ADD UP...........IF MJ IS ALIVE THE CONTRACT MUST HAVE BEEN SIGNED BY MJ OR ELSE IF HE IS REALLY DEAD THEN SOMETHING TERRIBLE N SINISTER IS HAPPENING . IF MJ IS REALLY DEAD THEN , HE WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED FOR HIS MUSIC STUFF TO ACQUIRE HIS ESTATE BY CREATING FAKE WILL.... OR IS HE DOING ALL THIS TO EXPOSE SOMEONE WHO TRIED TO BRING HIM DOWN........
yes i feel the same who knows anything can happen in show biz . enemies can turn into friends n it is vice versa ... :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 26, 2010, 04:07:26 PM
Branca and McClain were grossly negligent in their
statements to the court. They have concealed material
information from the court. They have conducted themselves
in a fraudulent deceptive manner where their veracity can
no longer be trusted.

Furthermore Michael Jackson terminated John Branca in writing
as his attorney on February 3 2003 (Exhibit B) He instructed Branca
to resign from all positions in his personal and business life. However,
unknown to Michael Jackson, Branca failed to follow his instructions
regarding any purported will.

Nevertheless, Branca remains obligated to comply with those
instructions and resign as Executor.

On February 3, 2003 Michael Jackson instructed Branca to turn
over to his new attorneys all records, files and papers dealing
with the personal and Business life. While Branca turned over
his other files Branca secretly refused to turn over the purported
July 7. 2002 Will and March 2002 Trust.

In violation of his fiduciary duties, Branca concealed the purported
will and concealed his refusal to resign. Branca's secret concealment
of the purported Will and failure to resign continued for six (6) years
despite Michael Jackson numerous demands Branca turn over all
documents and resign from all positions.

It wasn't until July 1, 2009, that Branca produced the previously
concealed Will which he had intentionally concealed for six (6) years.

The courts should not permit this unethical violation.
Michael Jackson Terminated Branca because of Embezzlement.

In 2003, Michael Jackson launched an investigation into Branca
embezzlement activities regarding Michael Jacksons money.
The investigators, the firm of INTERFOR in New York, reported
in February , March with a final report on April 15, 2003 there
was an improper relationship between Sony Executive Tommy
Mottola and John Branca whereby Branca and Motolla were
illegally funneling Michael Jackson's money to off shore accounts
in the Caribbean. (Exhibit C)

INTERFOR REPORT: The Interfor Report caused Michael
Jackson great anger and Michael Jackson demanded Branca
never have anything to do with him his business his family
or his personal life again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

March 26, 2010, 04:09:44 PM
Sorry...meant to add that these are not my own words....it is from a blog I came across...my own words are these:

JOHN BRANCA IS THE PERSON TO WATCH!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

March 26, 2010, 07:49:02 PM
I agree 100% x 10...lol. Branca creeps me out more than DiLeo or Tohme. Thugs aren't just found standing on dimly lit streets or lurking in dark alleys. They can hide behind custom-made suits, college degrees and sit in fancy corporate offices.

MJ fired Branca February 3, 2003 and the Bashir documentary aired in the UK that same day. It was aired February 6th in the US and a school official filed a complaint on behalf of Gavin Arvazio after watching the show. Janet Arvazio was interviewed by Dept of Child & Family Services on February 20th as a result.  February was a very high voltage month as this stuff started to unravel.

The timing stinks and makes me think that Branca was moving the "take MJ down" plans to the next level. What many people fail to realize is that when someone is motivated by greed or revenge they don't care about their history/past relationship with someone. It may even be because of their personal knowledge of their target that they are better equipped to aim below the belt and aim hard. Sure ..at one time ..Branca and MJ were friends. That was before MJ discovered that Branca was screwing him over.  To paraphrase a line from The Godfather...It's not personal...it's business.

Does anyone else find it weird that there were just a few people managing MJs affairs. C'mon no one is a jacks of all trades. Why did MJ have one or possibly two people managing such a vast business empire? That in itself leaves too much power and control in the hands of just a few people. If more people were involved and delegated to handle certain aspects of business then there would have been more checks and balances across the board.

Quote from: "heisinme09"
Sorry...meant to add that these are not my own words....it is from a blog I came across...my own words are these:

JOHN BRANCA IS THE PERSON TO WATCH!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

April 09, 2010, 08:41:01 PM
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
I agree 100% x 10...lol. Branca creeps me out more than DiLeo or Tohme. Thugs aren't just found standing on dimly lit streets or lurking in dark alleys. They can hide behind custom-made suits, college degrees and sit in fancy corporate offices.

MJ fired Branca February 3, 2003 and the Bashir documentary aired in the UK that same day. It was aired February 6th in the US and a school official filed a complaint on behalf of Gavin Arvazio after watching the show. Janet Arvazio was interviewed by Dept of Child & Family Services on February 20th as a result.  February was a very high voltage month as this stuff started to unravel.

The timing stinks and makes me think that Branca was moving the "take MJ down" plans to the next level. What many people fail to realize is that when someone is motivated by greed or revenge they don't care about their history/past relationship with someone. It may even be because of their personal knowledge of their target that they are better equipped to aim below the belt and aim hard. Sure ..at one time ..Branca and MJ were friends. That was before MJ discovered that Branca was screwing him over.  To paraphrase a line from The Godfather...It's not personal...it's business.

Does anyone else find it weird that there were just a few people managing MJs affairs. C'mon no one is a jacks of all trades. Why did MJ have one or possibly two people managing such a vast business empire? That in itself leaves too much power and control in the hands of just a few people. If more people were involved and delegated to handle certain aspects of business then there would have been more checks and balances across the board.

Mo and I have been discussing Branca many times. I get you, but the thing that is bugging me and that I don't get, is why should Branca be able to be an executor of the estate while th will is false? Why is no one fighting the will if Branca is in the bad camp? Why is Branca working for 'only' 10%? I hope you get what I mean. It confuses the hell out of me. And still there is a little voice in my head saying this deal is not that bad.... "They never thought I would out think them". Branca screwed Mike, Sony screwed Mike, Sony trusts Branca because he screwed Mike... But on who's side is he? There is a very good chance Sony is screwed and if that is the case, Branca has to be on Mike's side.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 10:35:35 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"

Mo and I have been discussing Branca many times. I get you, but the thing that is bugging me and that I don't get, is why should Branca be able to be an executor of the estate while th will is false? Why is no one fighting the will if Branca is in the bad camp? Why is Branca working for 'only' 10%? I hope you get what I mean. It confuses the hell out of me. And still there is a little voice in my head saying this deal is not that bad.... "They never thought I would out think them". Branca screwed Mike, Sony screwed Mike, Sony trusts Branca because he screwed Mike... But on who's side is he? There is a very good chance Sony is screwed and if that is the case, Branca has to be on Mike's side.
I get you: he's like Severus Snape in the Harry Potter books, LOL!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions