Just wondering about Janet's emotions...
March 22, 2010, 03:35:36 AM
I'm NOT judging her or trying to put her down, let me say that first & foremost. I am a huge fan of her as well. Anyways, I was just watching Why Did I Get Married? on tv. & there's a scene where Janet's character's husband is trying to talk to her about their son, who died because Janet's character (Patricia) didn't strap him in in the car. She does a great job of trying to avoid the subject & then when she breaks down, her emotion seems so real, I cried lol. Janet is such a good actress. & she cries in the new movie about to come out too. She does it so well. My question is, why is it so easy for her to hide her real emotion, when she's able to just release those tears like that while acting? I mean it could be that it's easy for her because she hides her emotions normally, I do that too. I just find it odd, that's all. We haven't really seen her cry or get emotional hardly at all after losing her brother. The most emotion I've seen her show since then is in the movie. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious. Yeah, it could be because Michael is alive & that's what I'm getting at. Even though I hide my emotions & hate to cry in front of people, if I lost my brother, I don't think I could hold in the tears. I'd fight it, but I would still get choked up at least. She doesn't. It could be that they've all been taught since they were young not to cry or anything in public. But there are human emotions that no matter how much you try, they still come out. That says a lot to me. I wouldn't expect her to break down like in that movie but when she was interviewed by that lady, she was asked about whether they had tried to do an intervention & does she feel that she could have done more. If that was me talking, like I said I'm pretty tough to crack & I hold my emotions in, but I think even I would get upset at the thought of what more I could have done to save my brother who just died. What do you all think about that? I love Janet, so if it's just her being strong, then I commend her because I just don't see how she does it.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Just wondering about Janet's emotions...
March 22, 2010, 03:48:49 AM
Yeah I agree she is good at showing her emotions when she playing a role.  She's a hard one to read in real life which I think she does on purpose. I think she masters it.  I think she guards herself with certain people.  Like when she did the interview with the lady on abc she was acting all happy and relaxed because I think she felt comfortable with her.  When she did Jay Leno the other night she was acting very reserved.  I don't think she felt comfortable with him and she didn't want Jay to go there with her about MJ.  I've seen her pissed off in real life though.  She was doing this interview about the people who were saying MJ molested their son and she was upset.  I also saw her and MJ going off on cameraman.  She is doing an interview tomorrow with Tyler Perry on GMA then on Wed.  she is doing an interview with Tyler Perry on his show for TBS.  So it will be interesting to see how she acts with Tyler because they are friends.  I think all the Jacksons have been taught to keep mystery about themselves in public.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 22, 2010, 05:27:28 AM
Quote from: "msteetee34"
Yeah I agree she is good at showing her emotions when she playing a role.  She's a hard one to read in real life which I think she does on purpose. I think she masters it.  I think she guards herself with certain people.  Like when she did the interview with the lady on abc she was acting all happy and relaxed because I think she felt comfortable with her.  When she did Jay Leno the other night she was acting very reserved.  I don't think she felt comfortable with him and she didn't want Jay to go there with her about MJ.  I've seen her pissed off in real life though.  She was doing this interview about the people who were saying MJ molested their son and she was upset.  I also saw her and MJ going off on cameraman.  She is doing an interview tomorrow with Tyler Perry on GMA then on Wed.  she is doing an interview with Tyler Perry on his show for TBS.  So it will be interesting to see how she acts with Tyler because they are friends.  I think all the Jacksons have been taught to keep mystery about themselves in public.

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure they have been taught that. & she probably does do it on purpose. But I was just wondering, some emotions you can't hold in. I'm sure she'd get a little choked up or visibly upset at talking about what she could have done to save her brother. Around cameras & everything yeah you could hide it but if you have to recall what your brother was going through & to think, well maybe if i did this or didn't do this, he'd be here, etc. I'd expect some emotion, just because that would be very painful & hard to keep in & to think about but there was nothing emotional in her face but a smile. No getting teary eyed, no getting choked up...just a smile. Even the brothers wiped away at "tears" & had emotional moments. Hmmm, who knows. Thanks for letting me know about the upcoming interviews she's doing, I didn't know about them :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 05, 2010, 12:53:49 PM
I remember, once i watched an interview of her, it was about mike's death and everything and she couldn't stop smiling. The interviewer asked her why she was smiling, she answered that she couldn't help it, for her it was a way to get through all this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions