You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

California seeks tiny tax fee from Jackson estate
(AP) – 2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES — Add the state of California to the list of those who claim Michael Jackson owes them money, but the debt isn't exactly going to close the state's budget gap.

California's tax board filed a creditor's claim Wednesday against the late King of Pop's estate for $1,647. The state claims the money is due because it had to request that Jackson file a state income tax form for the 2007 tax year.

Jackson's estate has been hit with dozens of creditor's claims ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions in allegedly unpaid debts.

The late singer's estate evaluates each claim before deciding whether to pay it. Howard Weitzman, an attorney for Jackson's estate, says he hasn't seen California's claim but that if the money is owed, it'll get paid.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Quote from: "darkchild"
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

California seeks tiny tax fee from Jackson estate
(AP) – 2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES — Add the state of California to the list of those who claim Michael Jackson owes them money, but the debt isn't exactly going to close the state's budget gap.

California's tax board filed a creditor's claim Wednesday against the late King of Pop's estate for $1,647. The state claims the money is due because it had to request that Jackson file a state income tax form for the 2007 tax year.

Jackson's estate has been hit with dozens of creditor's claims ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions in allegedly unpaid debts.

The late singer's estate evaluates each claim before deciding whether to pay it. Howard Weitzman, an attorney for Jackson's estate, says he hasn't seen California's claim but that if the money is owed, it'll get paid.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

This is frustrating. I mean really, everyone is digging deep into their files now that the money is rolling in. They all want a pay day. I know there is probably no statute of limitations for taxes but how about all of these others that keep coming up? When will they be told "too late - so sorry".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Don't worry so much.  Most of the claims are bogus.  Did my eyes decieve me or are they trying to collect for the tax year 2007.  7 again people, hmmmmm.  One love
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

jm1lvmj » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Don't worry so much. Most of the claims are bogus. Did my eyes decieve me or are they trying to collect for the tax year 2007. 7 again people, hmmmmm. One love

True, and I guess now is that more things will come, hopefully what will happen from day 05 of the April.  8-)  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions