the arabian nights

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Quote from: "the arabian nights"
just  imagine if they hadnt attended that meal, when asked when was the last time you saw him would have been embarrassing

Yes... interesting they did have that get together at that point and that Michael decided to attend.

yes sure is - i get this feeling that mike was an embarassment or the problem - though always the gifted child - hated and loved in his family

it must have been very obvious to him and hard. but also the lack of contact the children had, as janet said well the kids were always with him and she was not talking or seeing her brother

no wonder he fled, not from us but from the family

did you see the way she said that she would not do an album with him - eeek
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Janet trashing Michael's memory by appearing on leno show.

United States Minor Outlying Islands Saturday, March 6, 2010 - 00:38Tom Joyce:
Janet trashing Michael's memory by appearing on leno show.
I can't believe Janet would go on leno's show and smile at him after the things he said about Michael. He humiliated Michael night after night after night during the trial. I will never support anything she does again. Done with Janet!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

is she as diva

Janet Jackson: I Don't Talk to Justin
By Tim Nudd

Update Monday September 25, 2006 05:15 PM EDT
Originally posted Monday September 25, 2006 01:55 PM EDT

Janet Jackson

ester Cohen/WireImage
FacebookTwitterYahoo BuzzE-mailJanet Jackson hasn't spoken to Justin Timberlake since the infamous "wardrobe malfunction" at the 2004 Super Bowl – but she plans to reconcile with him in her own time, she revealed on The Oprah Winfrey Show Monday.

"We haven't spoken. But I consider him a friend, and I'm very loyal, and friendship is very important to me," Jackson, 40, told Winfrey. "He has reached out to speak with me. Like I said, friendship is very important to me – and certain things you just don't do to friends. And in my own time, I'll give him a call."

Asked if she felt Timberlake failed to stick up for her after the incident, in which he ripped her bustier, exposing her breast to millions of viewers, Jackson replied, "To a certain degree, yeah."

Jackson, who releases her album 20 Y.O. on Tuesday, feels that she unfairly bore the brunt of the criticism after the Super Bowl performance – a sentiment Timberlake seems to agree with. "If there was something I could have done in her defense that was more than I realized then, I would have," he told MTV recently. "I probably got 10 percent of the blame."

Still Jackson says she was shocked at the intensity of the scrutiny over the incident, which she deemed an accident. "So much more important things were going on in the world. And the focus was on my breast? That didn't make any sense to me."

There's also another prominent man in Jackson's life who she hasn't been in contact with: her brother, Michael. The siblings haven't spoken since Michael was acquitted of child-molestation charges in June 2005 – a trial that Jackson says "took its toll on (the) entire family."

But Michael isn't completely out of touch. "He keeps in touch with Mother," Jackson says, "so we know what's going on with him."

In her own life, Jackson says she couldn't be happier after losing 60 lbs. and finding love with her producer boyfriend of five years, Jermaine Dupri.

Before she lost the weight, which Jackson says she gained for a film role, "The only time I felt okay is when I was sleeping, because I was lying down," she says. "So when I would get up, my ankles would swell all the time and my knees would hurt." Eventually, she says, she slimmed down with daily workouts and a strict diet.

As for Dupri, Jackson says their relationship is "unconditional love."

"It's so funny," she said, "because people I don't even know will come up to me and say, 'We would always see you smile but could tell that you weren't happy deep down inside. And now when we see you, your eyes just beam with love and happiness.' "

Jackson and Dupri, 34, who also appeared on the broadcast, said they would like to have kids, and soon. "I'd love to, God willing, someday," Jackson said. "I guess that's gotta be soon. I'm 40." (The couple made headlines over the summer by hinting at plans to get married.)

Pressed by Winfrey who asked if they planned to have just one child or, perhaps, many, Dupri joked, "We're going to do the Jacksons over!" Previous
Julie Andrews to Receive Top SAG Award
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

Michael Jackson: Will he ever call Janet Jackson again? The answer is Yes!
Entertainment & Showbiz - 2nd Feb 2010

1 votes
By Ritesh Agarwal Janet Jackson, the sister of Michael Jackson, has suffered an agonising loss that is incalculable and inconsolable. In June, 2009, when the 'King of Pop' departed for his heavenly abode, the world lost one of its most valuable gems and Michael's sibling Janet lost her iconic brother forever……never ever to return back…… But, even after 6 months, she can't get over the fact that her adorable brother is no more and whenever the telephone rings,...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

why is worrying they never spoke

but the title very strange.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

gosh that last supper must have been strange, thank god mike had kids they always break the ice, you can just imagine all the siblings trying to avoid catching each others eye, not listening and then butting in, the nephews chating and bringing jokes to the table

who paid the bill?

on leaving hugs and fake promises to keep in touch
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

just  imagine if they hadnt attended that meal, when asked when was the last time you saw him would have been embarrassing

Yes... interesting they did have that get together at that point and that Michael decided to attend.

yes sure is - i get this feeling that mike was an embarassment or the problem - though always the gifted child - hated and loved in his family

it must have been very obvious to him and hard. but also the lack of contact the children had, as janet said well the kids were always with him and she was not talking or seeing her brother

Maybe Michael distanced himself as well. They all seem to do their own things unless they are all brought together. I doubt the family hated him, if that was the case they wouldn't have been by his side during the trial. Maybe he was embarrassed or needed his space. I'm sure it probably was hard on all of them, especially Michael of course. But when your sibling or child is going through something like that of course it takes it's toll on you too. They all probably kept their distance for their own reasons but I do believe it went both ways. Also, Janet not doing an album with her brother isn't a big deal, she always has said she wants to be her own person, her own artist. She doesn't want to be compared to Michael or be in his shadow. She likes to have her own identity, sound & career. While it would have been nice for them to do an album, I don't judge her for not wanting to do that. & yes she went on Leno but ONLY to promote her movie. Not to be his friend or to prove a point that she didn't care what he said about her brother, she has a movie to promote, if she doesn't do those shows she's INVITED to, it will be bad for the promotion of her movie. I am not talking to my older brother right now, he's doing his own thing & so am I but I love him to death & I'd do anything for him, we just aren't as close as we used to be now that we've grown up. It happens sometimes, it doesn't mean that the love isn't still there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "teine21"

Maybe Michael distanced himself as well. They all seem to do their own things unless they are all brought together. I doubt the family hated him, if that was the case they wouldn't have been by his side during the trial. Maybe he was embarrassed or needed his space. I'm sure it probably was hard on all of them, especially Michael of course. But when your sibling or child is going through something like that of course it takes it's toll on you too. They all probably kept their distance for their own reasons but I do believe it went both ways. Also, Janet not doing an album with her brother isn't a big deal, she always has said she wants to be her own person, her own artist. She doesn't want to be compared to Michael or be in his shadow. She likes to have her own identity, sound & career. While it would have been nice for them to do an album, I don't judge her for not wanting to do that. & yes she went on Leno but ONLY to promote her movie. Not to be his friend or to prove a point that she didn't care what he said about her brother, she has a movie to promote, if she doesn't do those shows she's INVITED to, it will be bad for the promotion of her movie. I am not talking to my older brother right now, he's doing his own thing & so am I but I love him to death & I'd do anything for him, we just aren't as close as we used to be now that we've grown up. It happens sometimes, it doesn't mean that the love isn't still there.

i second that. my brother went off to college and we barely spoke for 5 years. now he's back and we hang out again. every one of the jacksons has their own thing going on. janet does music AND movies, her plate is probably really full. and plus, those interviews where she talks about not speaking with him were a couple of years ago. they could have "reunited," if you will, by now. about jay, she didn't treat him like he was her best friend for life. she treated him politely but that's where it ended. some people know how to take the high road.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

the arabian nights

i thought mj was hanging out with sis but maybe not
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mjfansince4"
Quote from: "teine21"

i second that. my brother went off to college and we barely spoke for 5 years. now he's back and we hang out again. every one of the jacksons has their own thing going on. janet does music AND movies, her plate is probably really full. and plus, those interviews where she talks about not speaking with him were a couple of years ago. they could have "reunited," if you will, by now. about jay, she didn't treat him like he was her best friend for life. she treated him politely but that's where it ended. some people know how to take the high road.

Yeah, my brother & I were very close as kids & while growing up, I'm 21 about to be 22 & he's 24 about to be 25. Now that we're adults, we've drifted apart & are at different places right now. It's normal when you grow up & get older. You don't have as much in common anymore & you get busy with your own lives. I'm sure that happened with the Jacksons too. Janet's very sophisticated, humble like her brother, gracious like him too & they both know how to handle themselves pretty well when they have to do interviews & things. & going on a talk show to talk about her movie that's about to come out, is part of her "job". That's where it ends.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I've been thinking lately about the Jacksons relationship with MJ.  I personally don't think MJ was that close to his family in recent years.  Even in the early 90's during his interview with Oprah he expressed that he loved his family but he wish he could see them more.  He's like I understand though because we're a show business family.  MJ would not have been such a lonely person if he was constantly around his family.  I think he and Janet were close at one point but in the 2000's drifted apart.  All the family had his back during the trial but after the trial he moved to Bahrain for a few years so I doubt if he even saw his family.  I think Janet was caught up with her life and the whole Jermaine Depree relationship.  I think the person MJ remained close to was Randy because out of all his brothers and sisters I remember he thanked Randy exclusively for being there for him.  I think his mom has always been there for him too.  I think MJ maybe separated himself from them too.  Sometimes I even wonder if he did fake his death would he even tell all his family?  I don't care how busy you get you should always make time for you're family even if it's just a phone call or a letter to let them know you care.  I always wondered too why he was always on the road by himself when he did tours.  If I were his sibling I would have offered to go on the road with him because he was so lonely and he couldn't go anywhere without being mobbed by fans.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

Quote from: "msteetee34"
I've been thinking lately about the Jacksons relationship with MJ.  I personally don't think MJ was that close to his family in recent years.  Even in the early 90's during his interview with Oprah he expressed that he loved his family but he wish he could see them more.  He's like I understand though because we're a show business family.  MJ would not have been such a lonely person if he was constantly around his family.  I think he and Janet were close at one point but in the 2000's drifted apart.  All the family had his back during the trial but after the trial he moved to Bahrain for a few years so I doubt if he even saw his family.  I think Janet was caught up with her life and the whole Jermaine Depree relationship.  I think the person MJ remained close to was Randy because out of all his brothers and sisters I remember he thanked Randy exclusively for being there for him.  I think his mom has always been there for him too.  I think MJ maybe separated himself from them too.  Sometimes I even wonder if he did fake his death would he even tell all his family?  I don't care how busy you get you should always make time for you're family even if it's just a phone call or a letter to let them know you care.  I always wondered too why he was always on the road by himself when he did tours.  If I were his sibling I would have offered to go on the road with him because he was so lonely and he couldn't go anywhere without being mobbed by fans.
i agree with your response

one thing about celebrities being busy, they dont cook, they dont do the shopping, they dont have to get the  petrol, dont have to by the food, shop for regular stuff, go to a 9-5 job, they race home get the kids, go to after school clubs, take the children the parties, get the children's clothes, school wear, clean the house, clean the kids, clean the car, i think that they have alot of free time.

yes they may have time when they are 24/7 but it is not as busy i would say as our lives day in day out

so the so busy argument i do not buy

they also have money to fly and visit

so it must be a conscious decision to let things slide - janet from her response made a decision about michael and the kids

i get the feeling that the 2005 trial was like the last straw reaction to mike they had to stand up - the brand was in danger and after the all clear - they cut loose / the bonds weakened like never before

so there lack of emotion is were they are at

but one day it will hit home if this is not a hoax - that wasted time

and i think even now with his kids

thanks for your posts

i will do some more searching when i get time and postings - i did find it interesting finding out about janet its funny how you think someone is still the sweet little girl - but thats not the case any more - just my opinion
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It goes without saying he talked to katherine right? I remember after the memorial Michael's biographer, I forgot his name, saying that Michael made sure his kids had a relationship with their grandmother.                I was always under the impression that Michael and Janet were very close.               So I guess he didn't talk to his nieces and nephews much either.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Maybe, & this is just a thought, I'm not saying this is the reason. But maybe they did have contact (Janet & Michael) but she says they haven't talked & aren't close so that people won't ask her about what's going on with him. It seems like a logical reason to me, people already ask her about him & always have but if she went out there & said Michael & I are very close, then all anyone would have wanted to interview her about & talk about would be Michael. They'd pry for information if they knew she knew. But if she says, no we are not close, we don't speak then they assume that she doesn't know what's going on in his life, etc. So they don't pry.  Maybe she does that to protect him & keep the media away from private information. ;) It might that reason, so let's not all jump on the Janet is a horrible person & sister, she hated her brother, etc train. He even contradicted himself in interviews & would give answers that leave people thinking "wtf?" just to throw people off & keep his business he wanted private to himself. So perhaps she's doing the same thing. I'd respect her for that, I'd do that for my brothers if I had to. If the media hounded them & was always asking me what I know, I'd lie & pretend I don't know anything. That makes her a good sister, a hell of a lot better than some who go out & spread lies & exploit him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

thank you all for your contributions

i dont have a down on janet

i wanted to do some research on the issue, - but of course i cant come up with a reason. when she did the speach about mike being an icon, i believe that was legit, but subsequently - questions????

its seems to sad from mike, but from the book i am reading randy was with him at the house, does anyone have anyother info on this???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions