Michael....You've Got Mail
December 05, 2009, 12:30:33 PM
Hey Michael,

Well I thought that just in case you are cruising these boards (which I have a funny feeling that you are), and since I really can't just pick up the phone and give you a ring, I thought why not make this my thread to you. I'll just keep a running commentary to you in here. I'll ask you about your day, gab about things, and just communicate to you from here.

To start off I must say that this has been one heck of a roller-coaster we've all been on, you included, but in all reality I think you are the perfect coaster riding buddy so it's okay. I just hope you are getting the rest you need, the peace you deserve, and all the love and laughter you can handle and then some. It really is time for you to take some time for you and just live. I just want you to know that I love you and keep you in my daily prayers. So you know at any given time there is someone out there who loves you, cares about you, thinking about you, and is praying for you. May God truly bless you and those you hold dear.

Well, that is all I have a the moment. I'll be back later to write some more or post a video or give you something. I haven't thought that far in advanced yet but I'll try and keep you entertained.

Sending love, peace, and light your way.
Lovelidae

P.S. Kiss the children for me when you get a chance (you can add a big hug to that too), and tell the rest of the fam I said hello. (Okay clearly they won't know who I am, so you can just say a friend said hello or something.)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Michael....You've Got Mail
December 07, 2009, 10:15:14 AM
Hello Mike,

It's Monday morning where I am. I had a pretty great weekend. Christmas is fast approaching and I'm trying to finish off my list. Yes, I have been making my list and checking it twice. Okay, I know that was a cheesy Christmas song reference, but hey.

I pray that you, your children, and those you hold dear have a beautiful week ahead. Know that you are loved and cared for and that I find you a wonderfully awesome guy. Get some rest and by that I mean some sleep as well, share some laughs, love deeply, eat well, and enjoy the week ahead. I want to leave you with one of my favorite poems. It's called Desiderata:

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others,
even to the dull and ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be
greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career
however humble;
it is a real possession in the
changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you
to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit
to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore, be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham,
drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

by Max Ehrmann
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 10, 2009, 06:01:26 PM
Hey Michael,

Okay so I apologize for the length of this to start with, but when I read over it, it really wasn't that long. Since it's just for you any eavesdroppers shouldn't have a problem either. Besides it's not all sad & tearjerky so please feel free to proceed.

How are doing today buddy? Well I hope everything is going swell for you in life. I was kind of being cheesy and missing you lots today. It's weird because before June 25th, all I had to do was know that you were somewhere sharing the globe with me and all was well. Now post-June 25th and even though I know you are still sharing the globe with me, I get times when I miss you in insane amounts. Well, when I miss you like crazy (and yes that does happen to be a Natalie Cole song), I like to play me some happy music. You know the kind of music that just allows your mind to escape all the feelings you have inside. I know you have to know that kind of music very well, because you created so much of it. I'll even tell you a little secret, a great deal of my happy music list happens to be your music. Yeah, I'm not kidding and that list was not made post-June 25th either. My happy list of music has been compiled over the years, there have been some additions and some deletions but you seemed to have always made the cut. I mean I don't want to give you a big head or anything but you can really rock out, I mean it my friend you have a gift. I mean one day if we find the time we should just bust out some good tunes, you know maybe compile our happy lists, and break out in a dance party. I'm game if you are.

I digress, I've been known to do that from time to time. So back to the point. Okay, so I found myself really missing you today. You know how someone you love goes on a trip and the longer they are gone the more you miss them. Like towards the end of their trip, even when you expect that you'll see them again really soon, your nerves are getting the best of you and you just can't get that person off of your mind. It's like you start counting down the days, hours, and minutes until they get back because you are really starting to realize just how enormous their presence in your life has been. Anyone else reading this can feel free to confirm that you too have felt this way, so I don't feel completely weird sharing this thought?

Well Mike that is just how I have been feeling about you. It's like sometimes my brain has Michael on tap. Then I start to think about all the memories I have of you over the years like when I twisted my ankle trying to do the moonwalk, or watching you in awe at superbowl 93 and wishing that I could have helped you to make up the children of the world on stage and blurting out to whole room that you were so going to be my boyfriend one day (it's not too late for that either, I'm just saying), to walking around with belts strapped on my legs like your famous buckle pants (everyone else thought I was living off the wall and that is just the way I liked it). It's pretty safe to say that you've had quite an influence on me during the years.

So because I was missing you so so so so so so much today, I actually feel better now that I've written this, I wanted to leave you with one or two of my happy songs. Maybe they can help you out when you need a little happiness. I didn't include any of your songs just because that may be a little weird for you, and I'm sure you've heard all of those a ton of times. Not saying anything is wrong with your songs, in fact I complimented you on them earlier you can look up a couple paragraphs and see for yourself  :D . I'm just saying, you may just want to see who else is on my famous happy list o' songs. So here goes before I digress again.

So the playlist goes as follows:

I starting you off with a little Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" (instant smile & vacation feel)
transition to a little India.Arie "There's Hope" (very uplifting it gives me hope)
we'll scoot over to the Temptations "The Way You Do the Things You Do" (it's just a classic)
then we'll round it out with a little touch of Earth Wind & Fire "September" (it's just good music)

I love you and I'm thinking about you always. Be safe and get in all the love and laughter you can.

[youtube:1lrhtk9b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHTsc9PU2A[/youtube:1lrhtk9b]

[youtube:1lrhtk9b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NHjUEdiebE[/youtube:1lrhtk9b]

[youtube:1lrhtk9b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHstlUiEaos[/youtube:1lrhtk9b]

[youtube:1lrhtk9b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iknEJf9cPeY[/youtube:1lrhtk9b]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 01, 2010, 10:04:52 PM
Hey Michael I just wanted you know that you were on my mind today. I hope everything is going alright with you. That you are happy and in peace. I'm sending up some prayers for you and your family. I hold you in my heart forever and always. You were on my mind and I just wanted to let you know that. I mean it isn't exactly as if I can pick up the phone and let you know this stuff but this place is as good as any for the time being. I hope you are happy and healthy wherever you are out in this huge planet of ours. It's just nice to know that I still share the Earth with you and everything. Well that's it for tonight. I love you more!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions