Zen

Re: Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
March 30, 2010, 08:19:22 PM
by Jennie ยป Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:42 am
So what we have so far is that Rockwell sang with MJ, I found he was born march 15th 1964 wich happen to be the years the jackson 5 started with motown. Rockwell and MJ do kinda look alike, especially the eyes, we dont know where Rockwell is now and I cant help but remember here how we found it odd that Michael wrote on his this is it cd, it was nice to sing with my brother again. HMMM... It's making me wonder here could there be a connection? I am not saying there is one. I am simply brain storming and this did pop into my mind. I actually feel embarassed sharing this. :oops:

No, don't feel embarrassed.   8-)
I have heard this song in my head from the start, but that is I thought because the
research and hitting sites that now show Virus so it hard to then go retrieve the information
lost from the beginning.
The wikipedia site MAY change again.  Keep watching it.

Don't you think it ODD that all this leads back to Diana Ross?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jennie

March 30, 2010, 08:27:04 PM
I'm just going to flat out say it!! I am getting this very strong feeling, like something is drilling this in my mind and it is the first thing that comes to my mind everytime I visit this topic. JUST A STRONG HUNCH!!! And I have no proof or any facts whatsoever to back it up but I still felt like sharing, maybe it will stop poping into my head after..  :lol:  :lol:

Ok so, I have a hunch that Rockwell could be Joe's and Diana's secret child wich would explain why Michael wrote a song called Dirty Diana, why Katherine hates Diana, why Diana was not invited at the funeral or memorial forget wich one it was/or both, would explain why Rockwell and Michael look so much alike, why I find Rockwell has Diana's lips. Also dont forget back in those years things like that we're kept hush hush and there we're very little divorces. Who knows, Katherine could have been so humiliated by it that she threated to put an end to the jackson5-motown deal and Berry decided to take responsibility for it having no choice and he was dating Diana in those years. I also always found it strange why Michael went to stay with Diana, wherever the other members of the group we're staying at that time could not have possibly been smaller than the house in Gary Indiana. And why Diana? I think there was mention in Taraborrelli's biography that they wanted Michael to learn from Diana from being around her... learn what exacly?? I dont know, there is a very good explanation out there for all these things I just brought up but how does anyone know they are the true reasons to why things we're played out that way???

Again, only a hunch and I mean no offense to anyone or the Jackson family by putting this out there. I am just always beeing to polite to even imagine putting ideas out like this one on the net but I feel we hit a dead end and maybe we need to explore new avenues to see where they bring us. And yes I do have a very strong feeling about this, but I cant say where it is coming from, I really dont know.

It's all for L.O.V.E. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lynnTopic starter

March 31, 2010, 12:08:04 AM
Quote from: "Jennie"
I'm just going to flat out say it!! I am getting this very strong feeling, like something is drilling this in my mind and it is the first thing that comes to my mind everytime I visit this topic. JUST A STRONG HUNCH!!! And I have no proof or any facts whatsoever to back it up but I still felt like sharing, maybe it will stop poping into my head after..  :lol:  :lol:

Ok so, I have a hunch that Rockwell could be Joe's and Diana's secret child wich would explain why Michael wrote a song called Dirty Diana, why Katherine hates Diana, why Diana was not invited at the funeral or memorial forget wich one it was/or both, would explain why Rockwell and Michael look so much alike, why I find Rockwell has Diana's lips. Also dont forget back in those years things like that we're kept hush hush and there we're very little divorces. Who knows, Katherine could have been so humiliated by it that she threated to put an end to the jackson5-motown deal and Berry decided to take responsibility for it having no choice and he was dating Diana in those years. I also always found it strange why Michael went to stay with Diana, wherever the other members of the group we're staying at that time could not have possibly been smaller than the house in Gary Indiana. And why Diana? I think there was mention in Taraborrelli's biography that they wanted Michael to learn from Diana from being around her... learn what exacly?? I dont know, there is a very good explanation out there for all these things I just brought up but how does anyone know they are the true reasons to why things we're played out that way???

Again, only a hunch and I mean no offense to anyone or the Jackson family by putting this out there. I am just always beeing to polite to even imagine putting ideas out like this one on the net but I feel we hit a dead end and maybe we need to explore new avenues to see where they bring us. And yes I do have a very strong feeling about this, but I cant say where it is coming from, I really dont know.

It's all for L.O.V.E. ;)

Wow! That never crossed my mind  :lol:
Good post!   :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Zen

March 31, 2010, 01:06:05 AM
They seem to merge.  They "could" be brothers, or they could be "brothers".
WHERE is Rockwell????  Have we found him yet?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jennie

March 31, 2010, 04:51:16 PM
I have not found Rockwell yet and strangely in the biography by Darwin Porter(not sure what to think of that book), the author talks about all kinds of things including the little bit of clubing Michael apparently did in NY. He mentions who he went clubing with and what they apparently talked about and did. So I figured if there could possibly anything anywhere about Rockwell it would be in that book and I went to the index(5-6pages) and there is nothing on Rockwell/Kennedy william gordy/somebody watching me. NOTHING!!

Now I am even more suspicious!! :o  :shock:  That author covers everything and anything that apparently happened in Michael's life and then some!!  :lol:  So why not talk about something that actually happened like his participation in Rockwell's song, wouldn't that be appropriate in a biography on Michale?? :shock:

I have other books(biography and the autobiography) on Michael so I am definetly going to keep digging. If there is one thing I have learned in life, it's that when people(everyone) basicly avoid a topic, IT'S CAUSE IT'S HOT!!! (Not shouting  :lol: simply emphasizing).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 31, 2010, 07:05:11 PM
That's a very creative hunch but the dates don't add up. The Jackson 5 did not sign with Motown in 1964. That didn't happen until 1968. In 1964, they were still with the regional label Steeltown. Plus Diana had very discriminating tastes and motivations. Diana only interacted with men who could help her career. In 1964, Joe Jackson was still a poor steel worker and of no use to Diana Ross.

It's all for L.O.V.E. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 31, 2010, 07:41:29 PM
I went for a drive today and listened to the radio while driving. Some songs played on a oldies/classic station. The station usually plays hits from the days gone by but you typically hear the same ones over and over. Seldom do they play lost hits like Rockwell's song. Well guess what song that they played out of the blue. I had not heard it played in over 10 years or so. Yes you guessed it, they played Somebody's Watching Me. I laughed out loud. The person in the lane next to me must have thought that I was some crazy woman as he watched me laughing and singing to the song.  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jennie

March 31, 2010, 08:47:45 PM
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
That's a very creative hunch but the dates don't add up. The Jackson 5 did not sign with Motown in 1964. That didn't happen until 1968. In 1964, they were still with the regional label Steeltown. Plus Diana had very discriminating tastes and motivations. Diana only interacted with men who could help her career. In 1964, Joe Jackson was still a poor steel worker and of no use to Diana Ross.

It's all for L.O.V.E. ;)

Yes it was creative wasn't it !?! :? I did get the dates wrong as I've admitted to accidently doing so in a previous post. I still feel there is some kind of connection at least with Michael/Rockwell/Diana, that there is more there than meets the eye. But anyway no need to persue it unless something comes up pointing us in that direction. I am sorry if I offended you, I honestly did not want to offend anyone. :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Zen

March 31, 2010, 10:18:37 PM
Review<Song>: Cuts like a knifeโ€ฆ
January 5, 2008 by geekycoder
Geezer: (LB2) for All Songs: Knife | Somebodyโ€™s Watching Me

image  Rockwell, born Kenny William Gordy,  is a R&B artist and son of the song Motown Records founder and former CEO Berry Gordy image .  In 1984, he released the song Somebody Watching Me which features brothers Michael Jackson  background vocals followed by Knife.image
image  Knife (1984) image
This is a slow expressive song that depicts the feeling of losing someone.
Yet to find Rockwellโ€™s original MTV. Anyway โ€ฆ

I don't know if this was suppose to read brothers'...or if they left a part off.  I cannot post the link to this
for some reason.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Zen

March 31, 2010, 10:22:38 PM
When I pretend wear a smile
to fool my dearest friends
I wonder if they know
it's just a show
I'm on a stage day and night
I go through my charades
but how can I disguise
what's in my eyes

some lyrics to Knife.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 01, 2010, 06:50:45 AM
Last night I made a long post about Rockwell aka Kennedy Gordy..............I must have done something wrong when I posted it, but it is not here, and I don't have time to go into it all again, BUT:
   Rockwell's mom is Margaret Norton, and was one of Berry's girlfriends.  She caused the break-up of his marriage to Raynoma.  Long story, but if you want the scoop on his mom, read the book Raynoma Gordy wrote..........excellent........
"Berry, Me and Motown".  It also talks about how Raynoma took him under her wing and helped him get "Somebody's Watching Me" produced, etc.
He didn't want the outside world to know he was Berry's son because he wanted to make it on his own merit, not riding on the coattails of his dad's fame, and yes, he was friends with MJ, and just said, hey, how about coming and recording on this song with me.
karralyn
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 01, 2010, 07:19:48 AM
I was not offended and I highly doubt that anyone else was offended.  :lol:

Quote from: "GirlSaturday"

It's all for L.O.V.E. ;)

Yes it was creative wasn't it !?! :? I did get the dates wrong as I've admitted to accidently doing so in a previous post. I still feel there is some kind of connection at least with Michael/Rockwell/Diana, that there is more there than meets the eye. But anyway no need to persue it unless something comes up pointing us in that direction. I am sorry if I offended you, I honestly did not want to offend anyone. :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jennie

April 02, 2010, 01:03:57 AM
Well I just cant shake it!! :shock:  I feel there is something up with this rockwell business. Long sigh! I'll keep it in the back of my mind and perhaps someday I'll come across the truth... Just so bizzare that we cant find Rockwell anywhere, not even a pic. :roll:  :x

:lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 02, 2010, 01:57:04 AM
i truly understand what it's like to have a hunch or gut feeling about something.

I have often wondered about the short career of Rockwell. C'mon his dad was the founder of a huge and successful record label. It doesn't get any easier than that. Motown had some of the best songwriters and they could have written songs to fit Rockwell's singing style. Instead he became a one hit wonder and a trivia question. Why he dropped out of sight remains a mystery indeed.

Well I just cant shake it!! :shock:  I feel there is something up with this rockwell business. Long sigh! I'll keep it in the back of my mind and perhaps someday I'll come across the truth... Just so bizzare that we cant find Rockwell anywhere, not even a pic. :roll:  :x

:lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions