mumof3

he left it a bit late to involve him in the concerts they did not have that long to rehearse did they it was all left to the last minute which is strange for michael as he rehearsed all the time for a long  period.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

but he didnt rehearse for months, he was in london in March, he was involved in pre - production, attending some of the auditions, then the dancers started in April/May the troop only moved to staples in june and that is when mike joined them, i understand it was only for a few rehearsal days, he did alot of meetings, he worked on production of the mini films

his stage attendance was limited, but enough i would say to give him a taste

if you look at the footage above Ernest had played numbers, he had been on a big stage, and yes would not know the format

but he sure knew mikes body moves - one of the best i think - i thought wow

so maybe it was a - had to do - understudy
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "the arabian nights"
but he didnt rehearse for months, he was in london in March, he was involved in pre - production, attending some of the auditions, then the dancers started in April/May the troop only moved to staples in june and that is when mike joined them, i understand it was only for a few rehearsal days, he did alot of meetings, he worked on production of the mini films

if you look at the footage above Ernest had played numbers, he had been on a big stage, and yes would not know the format

to the first paragraph: i think that's the point. this whole thing was a set up from the get-go. let's be real. michael had 50 shows to do. he wanted to create it as his "comeback tour"- his FINAL shows in london. this would mean that these shows would have to blow people away. so, let's say starting in march, michael had less than half a year to plan, create everything, rehearse, ship all the stuff across the US and ocean, set up the staging and practice before the shows there and establish himself and his family before actually starting the tour. now...we all know of michael's genius and greatness, but 5 months to do all of this? highly, highly unlikely. and may i remind you that production wasn't even complete  2 weeks before the first date of the show. does that sound like a tour that is ready to proceed? or more bluntly, a tour at all?

and, i'm not going to lie...i can do mc hammer's moves to "can't touch this" impeccably. does that mean i could be his double? i think we can't forget all the people who have made money off michael's name since he "died." it doesn't matter whether they're talking shit or saying sweet nothings, if at the end of the day they're getting paid for their interview, it's all a joke.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

the arabian nights

Quote from: "mjfansince4"

to the first paragraph: i think that's the point. this whole thing was a set up from the get-go. let's be real. michael had 50 shows to do. he wanted to create it as his "comeback tour"- his FINAL shows in london. this would mean that these shows would have to blow people away. so, let's say starting in march, michael had less than half a year to plan, create everything, rehearse, ship all the stuff across the US and ocean, set up the staging and practice before the shows there and establish himself and his family before actually starting the tour. now...we all know of michael's genius and greatness, but 5 months to do all of this? highly, highly unlikely. and may i remind you that production wasn't even complete  2 weeks before the first date of the show. does that sound like a tour that is ready to proceed? or more bluntly, a tour at all?

and, i'm not going to lie...i can do mc hammer's moves to "can't touch this" impeccably. does that mean i could be his double? i think we can't forget all the people who have made money off michael's name since he "died." it doesn't matter whether they're talking shit or saying sweet nothings, if at the end of the day they're getting paid for their interview, it's all a joke.

paragraph one - yes your right they werent ready and i think we are talking about 3 monts much less than 1/2 a year - as you were saying

but you doing mc hammer in your home, a party piece or at a club is not the same as being paid professionally and Ernest was, on some big stages - i think he could be a possible understudy.

agree with you about this being a money train
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

Quote from: "mjfansince4"

I agree on the above.  I'd like to add the following - how do we know for sure all 50 shows went on sale?  Various articles on the internet state 750.000 tickets were sold.  Since June 25th we have seen many many fans on the boards, yet very few mention they indeed indeed purchased tickets for the This Is It gigs.  I can't help but think that only the tickets for the 10 originally planned gigs went on sale...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

Re: the concerts were to happen !
April 03, 2010, 04:57:50 AM
Something else to keep in mind, which clearly proves to me O2 was not going to happen:

THE ABSENCE OF THE RIDER!

Radar Online published the AEG contract months ago, yet there's no rider.  The contract rider includes specifications on stage design, sound systems, lighting rigs, as well as an artist's wish list--from transportation and billing to dressing room accommodations and meals.  The rider is the most important part of a gig contract.  Without a signed rider, there is NO CONTRACT AT ALL.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

April 03, 2010, 04:59:42 AM
please link to contract

so mo - please explain your view on Ernest?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 03, 2010, 05:07:40 AM
what Mo said
Well, I was following the ticketsale as i waited 5 hours in line online to get tickets. And there were first 10 shows.. When they were gone more and more dates kept coming up as they sold out. So supposedly there were tickets for 50 shows. But.. I do know a guy who said to me that he suspected the company behind the show (AEG/Sony) to be the ones to (allegedly) "buy" up loads of tickets to make it look like there were sold more than there actually was. I do disagree with his argument as he though Michael Jackson would not be able to sell out 50 shows that fast. - But really.. I'm sure would be.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~ Albert E.

April 03, 2010, 05:08:48 AM
Quote from: "*Mo*"
Something else to keep in mind, which clearly proves to me O2 was not going to happen:

THE ABSENCE OF THE RIDER!

Radar Online published the AEG contract months ago, yet there's no rider.  The contract rider includes specifications on stage design, sound systems, lighting rigs, as well as an artist's wish list--from transportation and billing to dressing room accommodations and meals.  The rider is the most important part of a gig contract.  Without a signed rider, there is NO CONTRACT AT ALL.

That is surely strange if correct.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~ Albert E.

the arabian nights

April 03, 2010, 06:03:59 AM
i think he did not want to do the concerts but was doing them and was grooming a standin/understudy just in case

i think medical negligence took him away
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

April 03, 2010, 06:09:17 AM
please link to contract

I uploaded it to our server, that was easier than digging through the Radar Online website.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

April 03, 2010, 06:17:53 AM
valentino's myspace
he did promotions for mike

Born (October 1965) and raised in St. Petersburg/Florida in a middle class family.
He was "infected" by Michael Jackson at the age of eight, after a friend had taken him to a Jackson 5 concert. He started doing Michael at the age of eight and immediately won trophies in talent shows and dance contests. His first major award he received for performing the song "Dancing Machine", where he danced with no shoes on, just his glitter socks!
In 1978 Earnest and three friends from the neighborhood formed the group "The Jacksons" and did shows all over Florida with great success. Those were the times of afro hair styles and bellbottoms - just like the original brothers - and lots of screaming teenage girls. Earnest was known for being an extremely fast dancer and did an impressive number of eight (!) spins on stage. Earnests family however did not support his ambition: his father thought that impersonation and show-business in general were not an acceptable occupation. His mother would refuse to drive him to his shows, but since nothing could stop him from his dedication he would either walk or hitchhike to get there.
Every day after school he would rehearse in his room till late at night and drove his mother crazy. She hoped that breaking his albums would stop her son, but he would always replace his music - until she took his stereo ... In the beginning Earnest taught himself- he used to stand on his toes barefoot, since he never wore shoes when he practiced - and even made his own costumes, a skill he learned by taking sewing classes in school. So basically he was on his own, with no family support, but with a lot of talent a strong determination to make it happen in show business.
The group split up on 1986, and soon after Earnest was "snatched" away from Florida by talent scouts and moved to New York to start his solo-career.
In 1987, Earnest Valentino was booked directly from New York City into a major amusement park in Europe. During his five-year engagement Mr. Valentino presented an immensely successful show. He functioned as producer, choreographer and main act in his cast of celebrity impersonators - and fascinated more than 2,5 Mio. Visitors, a record-breaking number in this theater!
But that was only the beginning of his career in Europe. Numerous TV appearances, galas, corporate events, advertisement contracts as well as official promotions for Michael Jacksons European tours, and became the official representative of Mr. Jacksons licensee company "Mystery" since 1997.
In 2002 Earnest Valentino performed at the "Killer Thriller-Party" in London/Equinox, a major support event, where Michael Jackson personally attended, watched and highly appreciated Earnest Valentinos 45-minute show, hugging him on stage and stated: "Earnest, you are great!" in front of screaming fans from all over the world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

April 03, 2010, 06:21:29 AM
i think he did not want to do the concerts but was doing them and was grooming a standin/understudy just in case

i think medical negligence took him away

I read on one of the forums that MJ was contracted to appear for only a certain amount of time in each concert with look-alikes appearing in the more energetic dance routines.  Maybe that was his role.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

the arabian nights

April 03, 2010, 06:30:19 AM
medley pretty good
[youtube:2j8qaa6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUpWGkb-fdo&NR=1[/youtube:2j8qaa6s]

in concert 2009

[youtube:2j8qaa6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2owquQh3m8[/youtube:2j8qaa6s]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

April 03, 2010, 06:44:04 AM
He has no cleft in his chin and if you notice, he said "This is It TOUR"  It wasn't a tour...it was concerts...at one place...50...one place...NO TOUR.
another thing...he is BOW LEGGED....MJ is KNOCK KNEED....   NO MATCH
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions