Did any of you just watch American Idol and see that guy Jason performing (sorry didnt catch his last name)

He is a fairly new artist just signed by Kara Dioguardi one of the judges. Anyhow i dont know who the hell this guy thinks he is but he came out with a hat and a jacket with some studs, did a spin, then the moonwalk which nobody cheered for and then at the end he stood on his toes. He was trying to do MJ moves the entire time and failed miserably. What a joke and a disgrace!!! He isnt no Michael...not even close!!! Just had to vent LOL

Michael come back...nobody can top you!!! Seeing these wannabee's is getting so tiring and lame
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

MJonmind

This last few months it seems that all the top artist are screaming Michael Jackson from the top of their lungs, and here on American Idol as example, but officially no one is allowing to give actual tribute to MJ. It's like there's a conspiracy not to mention his name at least not when giving tribute to his brilliant contributions. When it comes to mentioning his death, the drugs, and his weirdness the press is okay with that. To me all the artists are fighting back in their own way, and again I say they are screaming MJ's name and their honor for him. I believe Michael takes these all as complements and is happy to see all his many musical protege developing their careers with all he has taught them. Just my feeling...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

well i havent seen the perdormance yet, but im really high on jason derulo at the minute.... hes the only star that ive seen tgat has shown a real michael jackson influence, yea he does those moves and i really dont see any problem, i think michael would enjoy his music
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

Yes, I was watching. His name is Jason DeRulo. He is extremely inspired by Michael Jackson...as you can see.  I don't see it as him trying to take his place or anything, he may have wanted to not use as many of MJ's moves though.  You can tell how much he admires Michael, I think it's kinda sweet. I'm not really into his music, but each to their own, right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You know that L.O.V.E. survives, so we can rock forever on."

"Just because it’s in print doesn’t mean it’s the gospel."

Yea, to each his own.

But, it's just so annoying seeing all these copy cats. Why do we love Michael Jackson? Because he's his own person. An artist. He was inspired by other artists, but did anyone ever accuse him of simply imitating them? No.

There's a difference between artists and people who can simply imitate someone elses ideas. That's why MJ is a legend, and Jason Something won't be. No offense to him, it's just the truth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Yea, to each his own.

But, it's just so annoying seeing all these copy cats. Why do we love Michael Jackson? Because he's his own person. An artist. He was inspired by other artists, but did anyone ever accuse him of simply imitating them? No.

There's a difference between artists and people who can simply imitate someone elses ideas. That's why MJ is a legend, and Jason Something won't be. No offense to him, it's just the truth.

Didn't MJ start out by imitating James Brown? You've got to start somewhere. Learn from the best and try to get better. Maybe that's what he is trying to do. (He is in Jason)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is just my opinion but I don't like to see people copying Michael's moves. It really gets on my nerves and I get tired of the media comparing other artist to MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Someone told me "imitation is the highest form of flattery". It was a radio announcer for a country/western station after he tried to imitate Michael on the air. He did what I thought was a horrible job. I emailed him kindly and told him how inappropriate I though it was. He made that statement to me (meaning no disrespect as he loves Michael too) and it got me to thinking that in a way he's right. Every time someone does an MJ move or sings one of his songs or dresses like him or wears a glove, etc., we are reminded of Michael. He's once again in the forefront of people's minds and he won't be forgotten. It reminds the world just how incredible Michael is. I don't think Michael would mind these copycats - it's obvious that this Jason adores Michael and that would put a smile on Michael's face. Who knows - this kid may have diverted trouble as a youth by practicing to be like Michael instead. I too thought Jason overdid the moves and ending it on his toes like Michael was a bit much but I think he meant well. Overall I think the world for a moment was reminded of Michael Jackson for a few minutes tonight and that is a good thing, right? The only thing missing was Jason actually saying how much Michael inspired him, but I think that was obvious. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work." Michael Jackson

God bless you all for your love and your inspiration. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Quote from: "naomifury"
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Yea, to each his own.

Didn't MJ start out by imitating James Brown? You've got to start somewhere. Learn from the best and try to get better. Maybe that's what he is trying to do. (He is in Jason)

When I saw that guy perform tonight I thought the same thing immediately.  Oh no here come another MJ wanna be.  He basically took MJ's bad look and updated it and then he does the moonwalk on top of that.  I was like wow but not in a good way.  I agree with the comment that it's annoying.  It's okay to be influenced by somebody but don't try to be that person because you can't. Especially someone who had so many signature moves like MJ.  The difference with Michael being influenced by James Brown is that he learned from James Brown different moves but he took the things he learned and made them his own.  He never tried to be exactly like James Brown.  That's the difference with these artist today.  It's okay to be influenced by him but they need to have there own style and creativity.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don't mean any disrespect to Jason Dirulo (or however you spell it). He is just starting out around the time of MJ's "death", he was probably a huge fan & was inspired by him so he is just honoring him in his own way, showing how much he respects & admires MJ. However, I think he over-did it just a bit. Not only was he trying very hard to dance like him but he also seemed to try to sing like him too. I appreciate him paying tribute to my favorite artist of all time, whom I love & adore, but I think he should try to be a little less like Michael & more like himself. I saw him perform on something else, idk what it was, but he did all the MJ moves & was trying to sing like him there too. It didn't work. & his video for that "In My Head" song, he is doing all the MJ moves AGAIN. There's a point where it goes from honoring someone to trying to BE someone. I don't mean to be rude but his moves were off & when he went on his toes, he lost his balance. He was trying too hard. idk, maybe he is being marketed that way, maybe his managers or Kara told him he should try to be like MJ because MJ's hot again. Who knows, or maybe he is just really trying to show how inspired he is by the master. I personally wasn't feeling it though. It kind of bothers me, I respect Usher & don't see a problem with him. The thing about Usher is he does a couple moves here & there but he doesn't try to be MJ during his performances unless that's the purpose of the performance. He also doesn't try to dress or sing like him. Same with Justin Timberlake, Neyo, Chris Brown. They all have their own individual style with a little MJ flavor/influence mixed in. This Jason Derulo guy, doesn't have that, he's just straight up copy-catting MJ. He really needs to learn how to be himself & not copy cat what he can't. Michael is one of a kind, often imitated but NEVER duplicated. & yes imitation is the biggest form of flattery, I'm sure MJ would appreciate what Jason did, but he won't ever make it if he doesn't establish himself as an individual artist. MJ copied James Brown when he first started as a CHILD but he also put his own personality & style into everything he did.

SIDE NOTE: Ryan Seacrest said something after the performance that made me go, what? He said now Casey (one of the contestants) is going to want to use pyrotechnics in his next performance but that he's a little worried about Casey's hair catching on fire. & then everyone laughed. Reference to Mike? Or just coincidence? If he was referencing MJ because the performance was so MJ like, & laughing about the hair incident. That was very uncalled for & rude.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "teine21"
I don't mean any disrespect to Jason Dirulo (or however you spell it). He is just starting out around the time of MJ's "death", he was probably a huge fan & was inspired by him so he is just honoring him in his own way, showing how much he respects & admires MJ. However, I think he over-did it just a bit. Not only was he trying very hard to dance like him but he also seemed to try to sing like him too. I appreciate him paying tribute to my favorite artist of all time, whom I love & adore, but I think he should try to be a little less like Michael & more like himself. I saw him perform on something else, idk what it was, but he did all the MJ moves & was trying to sing like him there too. It didn't work. & his video for that "In My Head" song, he is doing all the MJ moves AGAIN. There's a point where it goes from honoring someone to trying to BE someone. I don't mean to be rude but his moves were off & when he went on his toes, he lost his balance. He was trying too hard. idk, maybe he is being marketed that way, maybe his managers or Kara told him he should try to be like MJ because MJ's hot again. Who knows, or maybe he is just really trying to show how inspired he is by the master. I personally wasn't feeling it though. It kind of bothers me, I respect Usher & don't see a problem with him. The thing about Usher is he does a couple moves here & there but he doesn't try to be MJ during his performances unless that's the purpose of the performance. He also doesn't try to dress or sing like him. Same with Justin Timberlake, Neyo, Chris Brown. They all have their own individual style with a little MJ flavor/influence mixed in. This Jason Derulo guy, doesn't have that, he's just straight up copy-catting MJ. He really needs to learn how to be himself & not copy cat what he can't. Michael is one of a kind, often imitated but NEVER duplicated. & yes imitation is the biggest form of flattery, I'm sure MJ would appreciate what Jason did, but he won't ever make it if he doesn't establish himself as an individual artist. MJ copied James Brown when he first started as a CHILD but he also put his own personality & style into everything he did.

SIDE NOTE: Ryan Seacrest said something after the performance that made me go, what? He said now Casey (one of the contestants) is going to want to use pyrotechnics in his next performance but that he's a little worried about Casey's hair catching on fire. & then everyone laughed. Reference to Mike? Or just coincidence? If he was referencing MJ because the performance was so MJ like, & laughing about the hair incident. That was very uncalled for & rude.

Still i really dont see any problem with Jason at all he done a moonwalk... a side slide and a toe stand.  all of them done with out a problem.... he didnt lose balance as you pointed out.. be made it his own and began to walk on his toes.  It actually annoys me when some people get annoyed when a young talented artist starts out... showing his obvious love and respect for Michael Jackson... immedialey jump and go "oh look hes copying Michael Jackson" and yes michael copied from James when he first Started..... Jason is only new on the Music Scene.... its only his second single! and imo the in my head video for me kinda is a modern version of Michaels  The Way You Make Me Feel (kinda has the same plot).

So I actually really like they guy and tbh he can copy Michael all he wants there are other artists who use a side slide quite often and people dont jump and scream copycat... they are dance moves anyone can use, Michael Jackson is the biggest influence in Music and has been for quite a few years so to be fair its kinda hard to find someone that doesnt show that they learned from mike.....

Oh and Justin Beiber.... HELL NO !!  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

Well i find it REALLY irritating and downright demeaning to Michael and his talent. When these wannabe's come out and TRY to do something like him they look like a joke. Sorry but there just IS no comparison. Michael is the gold standard therefore my standards are set VERY VERY high. Maybe that is wrong but i always have Michael at the top and anyone else is a few notches down. In this case that guy didnt even make the scale!!!

I too find it a bit wierd when a performer/signer does some MJ moves and nobody makes a reference to it. Sure everyone KNOWS it is Michael's move but why not make some sort of comment of acknowledgement. I find alot of people are just tip toeing around it and there is no mention of Michael. It's like they are all on egg shells in the industry.

JMO!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

Quote from: "awesome1"
Quote from: "teine21"

Still i really dont see any problem with Jason at all he done a moonwalk... a side slide and a toe stand.  all of them done with out a problem.... he didnt lose balance as you pointed out.. be made it his own and began to walk on his toes.  It actually annoys me when some people get annoyed when a young talented artist starts out... showing his obvious love and respect for Michael Jackson... immedialey jump and go "oh look hes copying Michael Jackson" and yes michael copied from James when he first Started..... Jason is only new on the Music Scene.... its only his second single! and imo the in my head video for me kinda is a modern version of Michaels  The Way You Make Me Feel (kinda has the same plot).

So I actually really like they guy and tbh he can copy Michael all he wants there are other artists who use a side slide quite often and people dont jump and scream copycat... they are dance moves anyone can use, Michael Jackson is the biggest influence in Music and has been for quite a few years so to be fair its kinda hard to find someone that doesnt show that they learned from mike.....

Oh and Justin Beiber.... HELL NO !!  :lol:

I agree with you, it bothers me a little bit when people do that.  I don't know this Jason guy but he obviously admires Michael as much if not more than we do!  I mean, it's not like he is turning into an impersonator.  He's just showin' the love he has for MJ, and you can't hate him for that, right?  Well...I can't anyway.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I just watched it tonight and i felt embarassed watching him...  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions