Re: The Shocking Truth About Public Schools
April 09, 2010, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: "MJLover1990"
Quote from: "Dancing_Machine"
I know what you mean, or this look :roll: and then after that you get this :lol: and then I go :x Thank god more and more people are becoming awakened on here as well so you're at the right place.

And some of them give me this look:  :shock: . Especially after they did their own research hahaha.
And some others the "I already knew that 8-)"-look.

Sometimes I can't believe the lack of interest people show about the world around them.

@NightOwl, Great post. I agree with you, people are getting raised with consumption.

Exactly, it's like they don't care but then in a selfish way. I always wanted peace but I didn't knew how and now I know we can do all this together. But we can't do it if we sit on the couch watching mind controlling television. Most people like to stay in their ''comfort zone'' The I don't care attitude. Or the there will never be peace so why bother attitude. It makes me so upset. And it's frustrating because all the answers are right in front of their noses. :evil:

It's like when children get scared of the sound of the vacuumcleaner for example; they cover their eyes so the 'scary vacuumcleaner won't see them' because they can't see it. The same thing with people that don't want to know the truth aboutthe world they live in. If they can't see it, everything is ok.

Ok this is something different but this it the first time I see the Dutch word for vacuumcleaner a bit as a strange word; stofzuiger = dustsucker  :lol: OMG it's really getting late  :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

MJLover1990

April 09, 2010, 06:47:49 PM
I know what you mean, or this look :roll: and then after that you get this :lol: and then I go :x Thank god more and more people are becoming awakened on here as well so you're at the right place.

And some of them give me this look:  :shock: . Especially after they did their own research hahaha.
And some others the "I already knew that 8-)"-look.

Sometimes I can't believe the lack of interest people show about the world around them.

@NightOwl, Great post. I agree with you, people are getting raised with consumption.

Exactly, it's like they don't care but then in a selfish way. I always wanted peace but I didn't knew how and now I know we can do all this together. But we can't do it if we sit on the couch watching mind controlling television. Most people like to stay in their ''comfort zone'' The I don't care attitude. Or the there will never be peace so why bother attitude. It makes me so upset. And it's frustrating because all the answers are right in front of their noses. :evil:

It's like when children get scared of the sound of the vacuumcleaner for example; they cover their eyes so the 'scary vacuumcleaner won't see them' because they can't see it. The same thing with people that don't want to know the truth aboutthe world they live in. If they can't see it, everything is ok.

Ok this is something different but this it the first time I see the Dutch word for vacuumcleaner a bit as a strange word; stofzuiger = dustsucker  :lol: OMG it's really getting late  :lol:

Exactly! The stofzuiger = dustsucker thing made me laugh :lol: It is getting late, I should head to my bed too I think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

airieslady

April 09, 2010, 10:53:26 PM
Well, here's what's going down in Florida schools.  The first state to do this.  They have passed a bill where all teachers will lose their tenure.  They will be forced to "make every student a good student and pass that "test"... how will they do this?  Teachers have been on the news alot lately trying to explain what can they do if a child has a learning deficiency or has to work at a job in addition to school.  Will they be forced to falsify grades?  They are trying to fight this.  But what will happen is teachers will leave areas where a larger percent of failing students b/c they will not be able to afford to teach in a failing school.  The other week, one school fired "ALL" the teachers!  What did this achieve?  I am afraid this is just the beginning of a complete downfall of the education system for sure!   :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Is it scary for you baby... The evil in truth...Let the performance begin... BAM!

April 10, 2010, 03:21:10 AM
Quote from: "Stranger In Chi-town"
I was not talking about MATH or other things in school that we learn yes that are things that we need I was talking about the TRUTH and HISTORY BOOKS. That is what I meant and that is what my whole point was of this thread but I see that this is heading somewhere else now. I've never said that school is bad and I feel like I'm repeating myself here, the thing I meant is that not all things in school are good and that most of it is degrading us. It's not all truth! But I don't understand why I'm even bothering to repeat myself over and over again while you don't get it. This is the last time I said this.

I definitely got what you said the first time. Learning is very important. My family was always about education; my late Dad was always into learning, my uncle in New York, my aunt here and my other uncle in Arkansas for example.   :mrgreen:   8-)  8-)

I'm glad you got it, but I just like to say that I respect everyones opinions. Sorry if I came over as a little harsh I didn't meant that but I'm not feeling so well today, so sorry. :)

MJLover, It's all GOOD in the HOOD! I hope you feel better!  :)  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

April 10, 2010, 04:37:11 AM
Hmm...okay. Some of your opinions I agree with. But what would the world be like w/o schools? Without education? Without med school, we'd have not doctors, in order to go to med school you have to graduate high school. Without school, we wouldn't have people to build & fix things. There are so many things & people we need & without education, we wouldn't have them. Without school what would we have? What would we do? How would the people of the world survive? Truth is we do need education, yes there are SOME bad schools out there but at the same time not ALL schools are bad. & I first learned about textbooks being a lie IN school from a GREAT teacher who REFUSED to use them for that simple fact. He also taught us the hidden symbolism on the dollar bill & all of those kinds of things. & taught us REAL history. Among other very important, interesting things I've learned from other AMAZING teachers & I've always gone to public school. Yes, sometimes unfortunately kids get bullied, but that happens outside of schools too & even in other countries who don't have school systems like ours. & that has to do with SOCIETY as a whole & the MEDIA plays into that too, not the school or education itself. I don't know about you, but I've never known of a class in school that sits kids down & teaches them how to beat up other kids or tease kids & encourages them to do it. That is a societal issue, that needs to be changed indeed, I agree with that. & I always thought some things in school were pointless too but they're not really. Truth is we do need to learn math, we use that in everyday life. When we learn about friction, gravity, etc in science, we need to know that. We need to know chemical compounds & what chemicals can mix without having a negative reaction, if someone hadn't studied things like that, we'd be in trouble. Gym is supposed to make kids stay healthy. Art teaches & encourages creativity & focus. Languages are good to learn, to communicate with the different people in the world, or around you. Reading & writing are good skills to know. The one that's screwed up is History & that isn't the educators' fault, that's the government. Teachers are told what they should be teaching & that they HAVE to use the textbooks (like I said my teacher went against the rules & could have gotten fired if anyone had found out). That is ALL the government.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 27, 2010, 02:32:27 PM
I had been thinking about either homeschooling my son or putting him in private school. My son did far better in private school than he did in public school.

Now, I have to say there isn't anything wrong with making money. First the problem I see in the public school is that they don't teach these children about having their own enterprise. That is one of the problems I have noticed. By the time children are in college they are TONS of debt.  This is what makes me wonder how they set the plan for failure in the get go.  I also agree that money on the other hand is the end all. I have been out of work for sometime. Pretty much from what I have been told. I am overly qualified, yet, they are saying the unemployment rate here in the US is over 11% but you are concerned about me being overly qualified.

Anyways,  I am concorned about the school system.  School in itself is not bad. Its the system that has created it to set our children for failure. The teachers are probably ignorant of the fact that the history in the books are not all truth like so much that is out here now that many donot know unfortunately. What really got me was a few years ago about the SOLs.  They have saturated these kids so much with this that children don't even take books home anymore to read.  They no longer study.  Just not good. :|

Hosea 4:6
People perish for the lack of knowledge.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "Infinitylady"
I had been thinking about either homeschooling my son or putting him in private school. My son did far better in private school than he did in public school.

Now, I have to say there isn't anything wrong with making money. First the problem I see in the public school is that they don't teach these children about having their own enterprise. That is one of the problems I have noticed. By the time children are in college they are TONS of debt.  This is what makes me wonder how they set the plan for failure in the get go.  I also agree that money on the other hand is the end all. I have been out of work for sometime. Pretty much from what I have been told. I am overly qualified, yet, they are saying the unemployment rate here in the US is over 11% but you are concerned about me being overly qualified.

Anyways,  I am concorned about the school system.  School in itself is not bad. Its the system that has created it to set our children for failure. The teachers are probably ignorant of the fact that the history in the books are not all truth like so much that is out here now that many donot know unfortunately. What really got me was a few years ago about the SOLs.  They have saturated these kids so much with this that children don't even take books home anymore to read.  They no longer study.  Just not good. :|

Parents must wake up to  the fact that their kids need them to be involved and aware of the circumstances in all areas of their childrens lives.(perhaps the propofol is to remind us not to sleep when we should be keeping watch).Just like everything else there are good and bad  schools ,teachers and politcal figures, even clergy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

suspicious mind

Quote from: "suspicious mind"

Parents must wake up to  the fact that their kids need them to be involved and aware of the circumstances in all areas of their childrens lives.(perhaps the propofol is to remind us not to sleep when we should be keeping watch).Just like everything else there are good and bad  schools ,teachers and politcal figures, even clergy.

sorry about that . i did not me my last post to be in direct reply to you. was in a hurry and hit the wrong thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

nynyro

Here's a a youtube video I found about the problems education. Dr. Fulani is addressing the African-American community, but it applies to everyone. It's kind of short, but she makes key point.  She say's it's not just an American issue, it's an international issue.  Also, that publicity and book tours on education aren't going to change things:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ny,

I agree. It is an international problem.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ok I'm gonna just say this and i need help. There are now 3 pregnant girls in my school and it's horrible :o !!!The bad part about it is all 3 of them are my friends(just 2 are my besties ;) ) I find this really shameful :(  because an 8th grader just had a baby a few months ago now it's 3 pregnant girls at once :o One of the girls is an 8th grader and 2 are in 7th just like me :D . I go to a CPS school and this doesn't make it anymore better :x ! We vowed we would make our school more presentable but now with observers walking around there really is no time for this :evil: ! We are on probation and have been for like 3 years now :x ! I am surprised and shocked at them because 1 girl we have been told about tho :? But the other 2 are just hmm but all 3 are wild! I really wanna know what am i suppose to say to my friends i said i wanted to watch 1 of my friends babies lols :) but i just wanna know how are we ever suppose to get off of probation period and academic probation! I would like to know the comments that you may have advice or anything else :D Thank you sooo much :D
Peace&L.O.V.E
-Jesse
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

Quote from: "Mj5StarChick"
Ok I'm gonna just say this and i need help. There are now 3 pregnant girls in my school and it's horrible :o !!!The bad part about it is all 3 of them are my friends(just 2 are my besties ;) ) I find this really shameful :(  because an 8th grader just had a baby a few months ago now it's 3 pregnant girls at once :o One of the girls is an 8th grader and 2 are in 7th just like me :D . I go to a CPS school and this doesn't make it anymore better :x ! We vowed we would make our school more presentable but now with observers walking around there really is no time for this :evil: ! We are on probation and have been for like 3 years now :x ! I am surprised and shocked at them because 1 girl we have been told about tho :? But the other 2 are just hmm but all 3 are wild! I really wanna know what am i suppose to say to my friends i said i wanted to watch 1 of my friends babies lols :) but i just wanna know how are we ever suppose to get off of probation period and academic probation! I would like to know the comments that you may have advice or anything else :D Thank you sooo much :D
Peace&L.O.V.E
-Jesse

Just trying to understand, what are you on probation for?
Are these girls getting any support from anyone?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Just because there are a few public schools that you describe here doesn't mean the majority of them are this way. Our youth need education from somewhere if they can't do homeschooling or private schools. And I am glad it is the law for kids to attend school whereas in my parents time, it wasn't.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Shamone Jackson"
Just because there are a few public schools that you describe here doesn't mean the majority of them are this way. Our youth need education from somewhere if they can't do homeschooling or private schools. And I am glad it is the law for kids to attend school whereas in my parents time, it wasn't.

No it shouldn't be a law to make anyone have their child attend school. I don't hate school but at the same time if someone wants to home school or send their children to charter schools they should be able to do so.  I don't hate public school it is just unfortunate there is an agenda with the education and I the teachers are not fault with this they are only doing their job.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Mj5StarChick"
Peace&L.O.V.E
-Jesse

Just trying to understand, what are you on probation for?
Are these girls getting any support from anyone?
We are on probation for our test scores and most of all our behavior! We have fights and battle wars against other schools and it would be like say we see a girl from Marquette we have to run up and jump her and whoever else she's with but because we are against her!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions