mj and friends an old article but interesting
April 09, 2010, 01:38:05 AM
I found this article and its interersting. I thought MJ and  Elizabeth Taylor was good friends until the end, but in this article it said that they where not talking since 2005.  :?:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson and his celebrity friends (28/06/2009)

As the undisputed King of Pop, Michael Jackson was constantly feted by the great and the good.

Royalty, movie stars and statesmen were dazzled by his talent, bewitched by his music and desperate to be his friend. But, as a natural recluse, Michael leaned on a close-knit group of A-list confidantes.

He was especially close to Princess Diana. They first met at a Wembley gig in 1988 when he handed her black Bad tour jackets for Princes William and Harry. At the time of Diana’s death in 1997 Jacko was spending thousands a month on phone calls to her.

He said: “We would talk about everything that was happening in her life. She needed to talk to someone who knew exactly what she was going through.

“She felt hunted in the way I’ve felt hunted. Trapped, if you like. You can’t talk about that to your neighbour because how would they ever understand?” He said of her death: “It was the saddest I’ve ever felt. It broke my heart, I just cried and cried.”

Veteran actress Elizabeth Taylor was one of Michael’s closest friends. She coined his nickname, the King Of Pop, which he seized on and used in his publicity ever afterwards. She also donated an elephant to the Neverland menagerie and married her seventh husband, Larry Fortensky, at the ranch.

She at first staunchly defended him over claims of child sexual abuse, saying in 2003: “There was no touchy-feely going on.”

But the two fell out over his eventual 2005 trial. The erstwhile friends – who had for the best part of 10 years chatted for three hours a day on the phone – never talked again. Michael was the only notable exception at her lavish 75th birthday party in 2007.

While working with Paul McCartney on the hit singles The Girl is Mine and Say Say Say the pair got along well. But they fell out when Michael bought The Beatles’ song publishing rights for £30million.

Paul, who wanted it himself, was furious and said at the time: “I think it’s dodgy to do things like that. To be someone’s friend and then buy the rug they’re standing on.”

Nelson Mandela was a hero of Michael’s and the two became close in the 1990s. Jacko was even a guest of honour at Mandela’s 85th birthday bash in Johannesburg in 2003.

In 2006, he came close to moving to Britain – at the suggestion of on-off friend Madonna. The two were linked in the Nineties. Madonna’s biographer said: “Many of the men in her life have been arm-candy. She flirted with Michael Jackson.”

Home Alone star Macaulay Culkin was befriended by Michael as a boy. Culkin – whose nickname for the singer was “big, fat monkey head” – spoke out for Jackson at his 2005 trial, denying he was abused by the star. His testimony ensured he became one of the defence’s strongest weapons.

Uri Geller was once a close pal. Jacko was even best man at the renewal of Geller’s wedding vows in 2001. But they fell out after Jackson allegedly made anti-Semitic remarks at the Oxford Union later that year.

Music producer David Gest was a friend for more than 35 years after the pair met in their teens. The Jacksons had just moved into a mansion only a short drive from David’s home in Encino, California, and he dropped by offering to show the kids around.

Before long, David, 18, and the then 13-year-old Michael forged a strong bond. “I know Michael Jackson better than anyone,” David said two years ago. “We have loved each other like brothers since we were kids.”

Lisa Marie Presley – Elvis’s daughter – stayed a friend after their divorce in 1996 after two years of marriage. They met in 1975 at a concert  and Michael proposed in 1993. Their marriage was, in her words, “a married couple’s life that was sexually active”."

Michael modelled his surgically-altered looks on singer Diana Ross – a chum since their Motown days. But they fell out over her ill-fated marriage to Norwegian Arne Naess.

A friend said at the time: “Diana invited Michael to the wedding, and even asked him to give her away. He refused because Diana hadn’t seen fit to introduce him to Arne. He always claimed to be in love with Diana, and was hurt by the apparent snub.”

When Michael was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, he celebrated by laying on a star-studded concert in New York with his showbiz pals. His duet with chum Britney Spears of The Way You Make Me Feel proved the hit of the night.

Michael was, improbably, a fan of Benny Hill and visited him in hospital when he was recovering from a heart attack in 1992.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

the arabian nights

a very interesting find, have you found any Yt or news about them post 2005/6

i mean he went to Dubai and then to Ireland, she liked Ireland because of Burton, but maybe not fit to fly

they may have been in telephone contact
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

He did say he loved Diana. Who knows how close he felt to her in his heart. I dunno about that looks thing though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

Java

Quote from: "Tink.I.Am"
I found this article and its interersting. I thought MJ and  Elizabeth Taylor was good friends until the end, but in this article it said that they where not talking since 2005.  :?:

Michael Jackson and his celebrity friends (28/06/2009)

As the undisputed King of Pop, Michael Jackson was constantly feted by the great and the good.

Royalty, movie stars and statesmen were dazzled by his talent, bewitched by his music and desperate to be his friend. But, as a natural recluse, Michael leaned on a close-knit group of A-list confidantes.

He was especially close to Princess Diana. They first met at a Wembley gig in 1988 when he handed her black Bad tour jackets for Princes William and Harry. At the time of Diana’s death in 1997 Jacko was spending thousands a month on phone calls to her.

He said: “We would talk about everything that was happening in her life. She needed to talk to someone who knew exactly what she was going through.

“She felt hunted in the way I’ve felt hunted. Trapped, if you like. You can’t talk about that to your neighbour because how would they ever understand?” He said of her death: “It was the saddest I’ve ever felt. It broke my heart, I just cried and cried.”

Veteran actress Elizabeth Taylor was one of Michael’s closest friends. She coined his nickname, the King Of Pop, which he seized on and used in his publicity ever afterwards. She also donated an elephant to the Neverland menagerie and married her seventh husband, Larry Fortensky, at the ranch.

She at first staunchly defended him over claims of child sexual abuse, saying in 2003: “There was no touchy-feely going on.”

But the two fell out over his eventual 2005 trial. The erstwhile friends – who had for the best part of 10 years chatted for three hours a day on the phone – never talked again. Michael was the only notable exception at her lavish 75th birthday party in 2007.

While working with Paul McCartney on the hit singles The Girl is Mine and Say Say Say the pair got along well. But they fell out when Michael bought The Beatles’ song publishing rights for £30million.

Paul, who wanted it himself, was furious and said at the time: “I think it’s dodgy to do things like that. To be someone’s friend and then buy the rug they’re standing on.”

Nelson Mandela was a hero of Michael’s and the two became close in the 1990s. Jacko was even a guest of honour at Mandela’s 85th birthday bash in Johannesburg in 2003.

In 2006, he came close to moving to Britain – at the suggestion of on-off friend Madonna. The two were linked in the Nineties. Madonna’s biographer said: “Many of the men in her life have been arm-candy. She flirted with Michael Jackson.”

Home Alone star Macaulay Culkin was befriended by Michael as a boy. Culkin – whose nickname for the singer was “big, fat monkey head” – spoke out for Jackson at his 2005 trial, denying he was abused by the star. His testimony ensured he became one of the defence’s strongest weapons.

Uri Geller was once a close pal. Jacko was even best man at the renewal of Geller’s wedding vows in 2001. But they fell out after Jackson allegedly made anti-Semitic remarks at the Oxford Union later that year.

Music producer David Gest was a friend for more than 35 years after the pair met in their teens. The Jacksons had just moved into a mansion only a short drive from David’s home in Encino, California, and he dropped by offering to show the kids around.

Before long, David, 18, and the then 13-year-old Michael forged a strong bond. “I know Michael Jackson better than anyone,” David said two years ago. “We have loved each other like brothers since we were kids.”

Lisa Marie Presley – Elvis’s daughter – stayed a friend after their divorce in 1996 after two years of marriage. They met in 1975 at a concert  and Michael proposed in 1993. Their marriage was, in her words, “a married couple’s life that was sexually active”."

Michael modelled his surgically-altered looks on singer Diana Ross – a chum since their Motown days. But they fell out over her ill-fated marriage to Norwegian Arne Naess.

A friend said at the time: “Diana invited Michael to the wedding, and even asked him to give her away. He refused because Diana hadn’t seen fit to introduce him to Arne. He always claimed to be in love with Diana, and was hurt by the apparent snub.”

When Michael was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, he celebrated by laying on a star-studded concert in New York with his showbiz pals. His duet with chum Britney Spears of The Way You Make Me Feel proved the hit of the night.

Michael was, improbably, a fan of Benny Hill and visited him in hospital when he was recovering from a heart attack in 1992.

I believe that's true about Elizabeth, but if I had to guess, she was probably ticked that he put himself in harms way again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

todays news about liz being engaged explains why her and mike had a cooling off

she was with a man younger than mike

but hope she is happy, dont think her new man was at the funeral?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The part about him altering his looks to look like Diana is just nuts. Of course I don't know for sure. But I still think it's nuts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

I never believed that Michael wanted to look like Diana that just crazy imo.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

If they never talked since 2005 (MJ and Elizabeth) why are there two sets of pictures in 2009 of MJ going to visit Elizabeth on mjjpictures.com....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions