Though this relates to Anna Nicole's trial it does have relevance to MJ. Both Dr's on trial are still free to practice and write subscriptions even though they are currently charged in Anna Nicole's death. According to the judge there needs to be a conviction before they can suspend your license.

There was also a question of timing - why did the Med. Bd. wait so long to try and shut the doctors down??
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I just finished reading that myself but on MSN.  What strikes me is that the judge said he seen no need to suspend their license considering the amount of time that has passed since AN's death and that the doctors posed no threat to other patients (my interpretation).  Does this mean that since Murray has gone back to work he is more than likely going to get the same type of treatment?  He was apparently administering propofol when he wasn't even licensed to do so but is he going to get off on the same type of technicality?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I close my eyes just to try and see you smile one more time
Its been so long now all I do is cry
Cant we find some love to take this away
Cause the pain gets stronger every day
Cant you see I dont wanna walk away

Quote from: "kdkennedy74"
I just finished reading that myself but on MSN.  What strikes me is that the judge said he seen no need to suspend their license considering the amount of time that has passed since AN's death and that the doctors posed no threat to other patients (my interpretation).  Does this mean that since Murray has gone back to work he is more than likely going to get the same type of treatment?  He was apparently administering propofol when he wasn't even licensed to do so but is he going to get off on the same type of technicality?

I guess time will tell. I had always thought if you are charged for a crime, or in this case many crimes, you are put under (sometimes temporary) suspension until the outcome of the trial.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I thought Anna's doctors lisences were suspended right after her death.  Or at lest they couldn't write scrips for a certain period of time. She died years ago, so I don't remember what happened.I would think Murray's case is different then Anna's doctors case is. Murrary administered propofol , as I recall Anna's doctors just gave her prescriptions. And Murrary was there when Michael went into Cardic Arrest, Anna's doctors wern't with her when she died. Murrary admitted to giving Michael propofol, I don't remember Anna's doctor admitting to giving her the drugs that killd her.

I believe there is a difference between both cases, I might be wrong though.  :?  :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Keep the faith. The truth will prevail! :?  :?:

u r right!!! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Well doctors in both cases (supposedly) supplied the drugs in question.

Re: ANS's doctors:
"Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, Dr. Khristine Eroshevich and Howard K. Stern are accused of conspiring to illegally provide the former Playboy model with sedatives and opiates before she died. They are not charged with causing her death."

Of course the charges could be different for Murray (i.e. manslaughter). It will be interesting to see IF Murray is ever charged if he will lose his license/ ability to write prescriptions.

Note: I'm putting aside all the theories about Murray not being real, etc.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions