Re: CIRQUE DU SOLEIL AND MICHAEL JACKSON
April 21, 2010, 11:02:34 PM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
There is sooo much more planned than the Las Vegas show. I've posted the article and the link below. I think only someone like Michael could pull off something of this magnitude. And it's going to bring the estate a lot of money which is good for the children and for children's charities. I thought most of this stuff was in discussion before last year - but I could be wrong. Maybe this is just fulfilling Michael's wishes?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson Reality Show Might Help Find Cirque Du Soleil Choreographer
'There is a huge appetite for people that want to participate in this Michael Jackson tribute,' Cirque CEO Daniel Lamarre says.
BEVERLY HILLS, California — By now, you may have heard that Cirque du Soleil has unveiled an ambitious plan to bring Michael Jackson back for a series of high-profile stage shows in Las Vegas and beyond. But what you might not know is that these plans will also take the King of Pop off the stage and into everything from nightclubs to restaurants to ... a reality show?
"There's not a lack of creativity around the table," grinned Cirque President and CEO Daniel Lamarre when we sat down with him on Tuesday (April 20). "Between [Michael Jackson estate co-executors] John McClain and John Branca and all the creative team at Cirque du Soleil, we're already bouncing a lot of new ideas around.

"This joint venture is not only for those two shows, but for all of the other initiatives that we can develop together," he added. "We are already working on the concept of nightclubs, restaurants and other experiences and other types of content that we can develop on the brand of Michael Jackson."
One of the leading concepts is a reality TV show that Lamarre hopes to launch by the end of this year. He describes it as a chance to combine television's two hottest shows, "American Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars," with the distinctive style of the King of Pop.
"John McClain came to us with the idea," he said of the yet-untitled program, which would have a national audience assisting as they built the Cirque stage shows. "We would pick the best choreographer that there is in the world to work on [our stage] show, but also use them in a reality show in order to find a new, cutting-edge choreographer that could join the team."
The reality show would also audition dancers for the MJ shows, with a certain number of the top contestants landing a Cirque gig. "That could be an exciting moment," Lamarre said of the show. "Right now there is a huge appetite for people that want to participate in this Michael Jackson tribute."
The Michael Jackson estate and Cirque du Soleil are spearheading the Michael Jackson projects with MGM Mirage, the gaming company that owns such Vegas hotels as Excalibur, Luxor, MGM Grand, Monte Carlo and more. Lamarre said that one of the MGM Mirage hotels will host the Las Vegas Michael Jackson/ Cirque show, and the venture's press release mentions that "special lifestyle projects including a nightclub" will be developed.
"We are exploring all of those opportunities right now," Lamarre offered. "We're at the early stages of those ideas. But we want to make sure that all the fans around the world that want to celebrate Michael Jackson have an opportunity to do it through the experiences we will bring to them."
But if those Michael Jackson-themed restaurants become a reality, Lamarre did make us one key promise: They won't include moonwalking waiters attempting to balance food trays.
"I don't think anybody can do it the way Michael Jackson was doing it," he laughed.

@voiceforthesilent, God bless you, this is an amazing find.  I was just thinking today could the great adventure that MJ is taking us on is a reality show.  MJ loves illusion and magic.  He is the first to do everything in the field of music.  I think MJ is creating the first of a kind of new, reality show in the music industry.  That is my two cents for today.   But what you might not know is that these plans will also take the King of Pop off the stage and into everything from nightclubs to restaurants to ... a reality show? God bless everyone here on this forum.  You are doing God's work with love in your hearts. xxxx

Quote from: "suesuzzfaithkeeper"
the one i read also stated that there will be a reality tv show!!..
I just love, it sue! God bless you for your revolutionary thinking and your faith! God bless you, Sue.  xxxx

The Greatest Show in the World continues! MJ, I love you always! xxxxx
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

April 21, 2010, 11:58:56 PM
What happened to Ed Alonzo, they collaborated on TII but i didn't see him once.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

juliet

April 22, 2010, 04:09:43 AM
Here's the YT link of cirquedusoleil channel (1:47)  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The vid says:
"..By Joining Forces With The True Entertainment Legend MICHAEL JACKSON "

"Cirque Du Soleil And Michael Jackson       Coming Together in 2011 "

WOWWW & WOWWW. This is really gonna make history
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

somekindofsign

April 22, 2010, 08:52:58 AM
Quote from: "letstalkagain"
Mike is not dead !!  Th stretcher pics prove it !  He probably is helping with many things as Mike was great in the marketing dept, also most of the money made will go to his estate and that is not such a bad thing !  Go Mike ! :D

What do the stretcher pics prove?

Not him being alive...
I believe he´s alive, but that statement is not right.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nanae

April 22, 2010, 10:23:16 AM
Quote from: "mjthelegendlives"
Quote from: "mjkate"
How can the official website honestly say " Cirque du Soleil will join forces with Michael Jackson to create shows based on the music of Michael Jackson." They can't say that if he is gone. That is an awkward sentence structure to start with. Why say anything like that at all. Why not just say it's a tribute or it was created (and not mention by who) Why deliberately add in his name when it isn't necessary. I would have still gone to see it if they had not advertised that it was created in part BY Michael Jackson himself. So let's look at the reasons they would have structured their promo the way they did:

i) They could have said "Cirque du Soleil will create the shows based on the music of Michael Jackson" but they didn't. That must mean that they didn't create them on their own or they would have said that.
ii) They could have said Cirque du Soliel and the genius of Michael will create the shows but they didn't....they were much more specific.
iii) They could have they joined forces with the legacy of Michael Jackson but they didn't.
iv) They could have mentioned nothing about who created what....but they didn't.
v) The only way they could state what they actually did state is if they did join forces with Michael Jackson if they did truly join forces.

The only question is when did they join forces.  

Before or after June 25th.

I have been trying to find a logical reason for the underlined statement, but I cant find it, really.  To join forces is to collaborate or work together...Cirque du Soleil's slogan for Elvis' show is "A tribute to the life and music of Elvis Presley".  The Beatles' show slogan is "With LOVE, Cirque du Soleil celebrates the musical legacy of The Beatles".  With Michael they have joined forces...interesting huh?

I absolutely agree with you. Maybe this was an old idea he had... And he got  the time to plan everything in this long year. Maybe this is the most important clue we have. Maybe this is the beginning of the end. Why a huge compagnie like Cirque du doleil, would make such a big mistake., saying or making believe that michael is alive? I don't know how you say it in english but in france or spain this is called: publicidad engañosa or publicitee mensogiere. In english it would be like  misleading advertising, that could be denounced and punished with millions of dollars.I do not think they need to take many risks. Simply changing a word of the video or the ad would have been enough to protect themselves from a complaint of misleading advertising.

If Michael comes back, then that advertising does make sense.

I think this is just the beginning ... finally the beginning of BAM
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 23, 2010, 03:01:34 PM
Quote from: "mjthelegendlives"
Quote from: "mjkate"
How can the official website honestly say " Cirque du Soleil will join forces with Michael Jackson to create shows based on the music of Michael Jackson." They can't say that if he is gone. That is an awkward sentence structure to start with. Why say anything like that at all. Why not just say it's a tribute or it was created (and not mention by who) Why deliberately add in his name when it isn't necessary. I would have still gone to see it if they had not advertised that it was created in part BY Michael Jackson himself. So let's look at the reasons they would have structured their promo the way they did:

i) They could have said "Cirque du Soleil will create the shows based on the music of Michael Jackson" but they didn't. That must mean that they didn't create them on their own or they would have said that.
ii) They could have said Cirque du Soliel and the genius of Michael will create the shows but they didn't....they were much more specific.
iii) They could have they joined forces with the legacy of Michael Jackson but they didn't.
iv) They could have mentioned nothing about who created what....but they didn't.
v) The only way they could state what they actually did state is if they did join forces with Michael Jackson if they did truly join forces.

The only question is when did they join forces.  

Before or after June 25th.

I have been trying to find a logical reason for the underlined statement, but I cant find it, really.  To join forces is to collaborate or work together...Cirque du Soleil's slogan for Elvis' show is "A tribute to the life and music of Elvis Presley".  The Beatles' show slogan is "With LOVE, Cirque du Soleil celebrates the musical legacy of The Beatles".  With Michael they have joined forces...interesting huh?

I agree with you 100%!  Every article that has come out about this is "with" Michael Jackson. Coming together with Mj... etc. The sentence structure has  been left open on purpose.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 24, 2010, 12:43:21 AM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
There is sooo much more planned than the Las Vegas show. I've posted the article and the link below. I think only someone like Michael could pull off something of this magnitude. And it's going to bring the estate a lot of money which is good for the children and for children's charities. I thought most of this stuff was in discussion before last year - but I could be wrong. Maybe this is just fulfilling Michael's wishes?

Michael Jackson Reality Show Might Help Find Cirque Du Soleil Choreographer
'There is a huge appetite for people that want to participate in this Michael Jackson tribute,' Cirque CEO Daniel Lamarre says.
BEVERLY HILLS, California — By now, you may have heard that Cirque du Soleil has unveiled an ambitious plan to bring Michael Jackson back for a series of high-profile stage shows in Las Vegas and beyond. But what you might not know is that these plans will also take the King of Pop off the stage and into everything from nightclubs to restaurants to ... a reality show?
"There's not a lack of creativity around the table," grinned Cirque President and CEO Daniel Lamarre when we sat down with him on Tuesday (April 20). "Between [Michael Jackson estate co-executors] John McClain and John Branca and all the creative team at Cirque du Soleil, we're already bouncing a lot of new ideas around.

"This joint venture is not only for those two shows, but for all of the other initiatives that we can develop together," he added. "We are already working on the concept of nightclubs, restaurants and other experiences and other types of content that we can develop on the brand of Michael Jackson."
One of the leading concepts is a reality TV show that Lamarre hopes to launch by the end of this year. He describes it as a chance to combine television's two hottest shows, "American Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars," with the distinctive style of the King of Pop.
"John McClain came to us with the idea," he said of the yet-untitled program, which would have a national audience assisting as they built the Cirque stage shows. "We would pick the best choreographer that there is in the world to work on [our stage] show, but also use them in a reality show in order to find a new, cutting-edge choreographer that could join the team."
The reality show would also audition dancers for the MJ shows, with a certain number of the top contestants landing a Cirque gig. "That could be an exciting moment," Lamarre said of the show. "Right now there is a huge appetite for people that want to participate in this Michael Jackson tribute."
The Michael Jackson estate and Cirque du Soleil are spearheading the Michael Jackson projects with MGM Mirage, the gaming company that owns such Vegas hotels as Excalibur, Luxor, MGM Grand, Monte Carlo and more. Lamarre said that one of the MGM Mirage hotels will host the Las Vegas Michael Jackson/ Cirque show, and the venture's press release mentions that "special lifestyle projects including a nightclub" will be developed.
"We are exploring all of those opportunities right now," Lamarre offered. "We're at the early stages of those ideas. But we want to make sure that all the fans around the world that want to celebrate Michael Jackson have an opportunity to do it through the experiences we will bring to them."
But if those Michael Jackson-themed restaurants become a reality, Lamarre did make us one key promise: They won't include moonwalking waiters attempting to balance food trays.
"I don't think anybody can do it the way Michael Jackson was doing it," he laughed.

"reality shows? i wonder where that idea originally came from... hmmm...    :ugeek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 01, 2010, 02:43:11 AM
In watching the video I heard what everyone else heard. So I was thinking what makes up false advertising?

Wikipedia says, "False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising."

So wouldn't the people behind Cirque Du Soleil be aware of the risk of false and misleading advertising?

If, as the other articles say, they plan to use MJ impersonators, that's not what the video says. So wouldn't that be considered as false and misleading? Just something to think about!

Flying high up "on the wings of love!" ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Defender of the faith, Supporter of the Word!"

Jennie

July 02, 2010, 09:59:29 PM
Quote from: "onthewingsoflove"
In watching the video I heard what everyone else heard. So I was thinking what makes up false advertising?

Wikipedia says, "False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising."

So wouldn't the people behind Cirque Du Soleil be aware of the risk of false and misleading advertising?

If, as the other articles say, they plan to use MJ impersonators, that's not what the video says. So wouldn't that be considered as false and misleading? Just something to think about!

Flying high up "on the wings of love!" ;)

Yeah well I seen a copy of the tabloid the Globe while waiting in a line up tonight a the store and right on top the biggest headline of the page is about Michael's body being missing! :shock:  :roll:   But then of course if you start reading the trashy tabloid it says that MIchael's corpse is not and never was at glendale foreset lawn and that it is being kept in a secret location that only the family is aware of. Pfff... :roll:   Geezz of course the corpes is missing from the mauselium, THERE NEVER WAS A CORPSE IN THE 1ST PLACE!!!!!   :shock:

Sorry not shouting at you guys it's the frustration coming out.  :lol:  :lol:  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 03, 2010, 03:01:24 PM
Wasn't Michael in the process of buying a house in Vegas?  How many of you would believe that a REALLY  good impersonator was Michael Jackson?   This would be perfect. Who would ever think to look for Michael Jackson in a staged Vegas show!!! HAHAHA
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

July 03, 2010, 03:18:08 PM
Quote from: "endlessfire"
Wasn't Michael in the process of buying a house in Vegas?  How many of you would believe that a REALLY  good impersonator was Michael Jackson?   This would be perfect. Who would ever think to look for Michael Jackson in a staged Vegas show!!! HAHAHA

you have a point, i think the same, when will be back all the world will say that is not him LOL that will be great and mind blowing!!! :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

finfin

October 20, 2010, 01:42:45 PM
Tweets by Robin-Leach regarding Cirque de Soleil MJ theatrical Spectacular:   Hotel casino showroom to host the MJ theatrical spectacular not yet finalized-& won't be until after pop-rock logistics better understood.
14 minutes ago via web
Reply Retweet    1st MJ concert show starts Dec 15,2011 @MandalayBay 2nd MJ theatrical show starts early 2013 as concert show starts global 2-year tour.
16 minutes ago via web
Reply Retweet    Our world exclusive intvu w/Cirque chieftain Daniel Lamarre with all the secrets of both MJ shows will be posted on VegasDeLuxe.com shortly.
17 minutes ago via web
Reply Retweet    TICKETS FOR 1ST OF 2 MICHAEL JACKSON CIRQUE DU SOLEIL SHOWS GO ON SALE NOVEMBER 3- FULL EXCLUSIVE STORY AT VEGASDELUXE.COM SHORTLY

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

October 20, 2010, 01:53:49 PM
I'm confused.. I thought this was going to be a permanent show in Vegas..like the Beatles one..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I can\'t be still, you thrill me.
Baby, be mine.

October 20, 2010, 03:38:54 PM
Quote from: "Lonelynation"
I'm confused.. I thought this was going to be a permanent show in Vegas..like the Beatles one..

yes, but in 2011, it will be a tour suppose to start here in montreal , and in 2012, they are going to be at Vegas :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

finfin

October 20, 2010, 03:59:50 PM
Exclusive: Michael Jackson Cirque shows set; tickets on sale Nov. 3
Posted October 20, 2010 • 12:56 p.m.

For the first time, Cirque du Soleil’s chief Daniel Lamarre has confirmed start dates for the two new Michael Jackson shows coming to Las Vegas. The first, a rock concert arena-type show, opens Dec. 15, 2011, with tickets going on sale Nov. 3.

The official announcement will be made from Los Angeles on Nov. 3, but you have the advance news here at Vegas DeLuxe in this exclusive. Tickets go on sale simultaneously in 25 cities for what will be the largest-ever music show going on tour in North America and around the world for four nonstop years.

The second, which will be a permanent residency show here, Cirque’s eighth, arrives in 2013. Both shows have the blessing of the Michael Jackson estate administrators. Cirque has budgeted an amazing $100 million just for creating and developing the two shows and expects that another $150 million will be added to the final costs for staging and theater construction.

The Jackson concert show will be performed twice nightly for two months in a reconfigured Mandalay Bay Events Center with just 8,000 seats per show. Cirque and MGM have not yet decided upon a hotel home for the second Jackson residency show and will come to that decision after seeing how the arena show works with all of its mind-blowing logistics.

I talked at length with Cirque head honcho Daniel on Monday night after the 8,000th performance of Mystere at Phil Ruffin’s Treasure Island. Here’s our conversation about the two new King of Pop shows and Daniel’s analysis of the extraordinary long-lasting appeal of Mystere, Cirque’s first residency show in Las Vegas.

Robin Leach: Now comes Michael Jackson -- two Michael Jackson shows. The first show is the one coming here to Mandalay Bay for a little while before going out on tour. The second show will be the residency show. Have you decided what hotel theater will become its home?

Daniel Lamarre: We’re still struggling with that final decision. We are still talking with people at MGM. I think the arena show will be a good test for us, and it certainly will have an impact on the final decision
RL: When do you open the Mandalay Bay show?

DL: The first show opens Dec. 15, 2011. The second show will be at the beginning of 2013. The first arena show will globally tour in North America for two years and then as it leaves to go onto Europe and the rest of the world, we will open the permanent show here in a theater yet to be designated.

RL: How different will that show be to the arena touring show?

DL: The arena touring show is as close as you can get to a rock concert. Our audiences will have the feeling that Michael Jackson is alive. The permanent show will be much more theatrical. We are looking right now at a lot of new technology that we want to bring into Vegas for the first time.

RL: How far along in the development of both shows are you at this moment?

DL: For the arena show, we are done. The concept exists. It is approved by all parties. We will start rehearsing in Montreal this December, so we are really there already for the arena show. For the permanent show, we’re still exploring the new technologies that we would like to bring to Vegas. The preliminary concept exists for the theatrical show, but depending on how far we can go with new technologies, that will influence the final concept of the second show.

RL: Now when we talked about that several months ago, I sensed it would be 3D on steroids, where the audience gets inside as the show wraps all around outside them?

DL: Yes, that’s right. We really want to use the newest, latest of breakthrough technologies that have never been seen before or used theatrically before. There are a lot of conversations going on with a lot of different companies to see who can deliver to us the advanced technology that we’re looking for.
RL: Now that the concert show is 100 percent concept completed, is it with a Michael Jackson or without?

DL: Michael Jackson will be there on video, and then again we will bring in technologies that will make it seem that Michael is with us.

RL: But no lookalikes or soundalikes?

DL: People want to see the real Michael, and the real Michael will be very, very present on the unique video. His estate administrators have completely accepted the concept of the show, which is a great relief for us. Not only are we happy they have accepted it, but we’re happy they’re enthusiastic about the concept of the show. It will be a 90-minute show with all of his big hits, over 20 of the bestselling songs. The show will have about 72 artists: dancers, musicians and acrobats.

RL: Anything in this first show that Michael was developing for his London This Is It concerts?

DL: We have some video that was for the London show that will be integrated into the new show.

RL: What will we be amazed by most?

DL: I think the challenge here is to give the feeling to people that Michael is on that stage. We will do everything we can in terms of video and technologies to bring his presence to life.

RL: Did you learn anything from presenting Viva Elvis to tackle the Michael Jackson shows?

DL: If you take Love or Elvis, the challenge is always to be representative of that era. Obviously, Michael is from a different era than Elvis, and we have to make sure that if Michael were onstage, that’s what he would deliver. It will be him as he would be today.

RL: When do tickets go on sale?

DL: Nov. 3, 2010, we start selling tickets for the arena show at the Mandalay Bay box office and everywhere around North America. We have two shows a night to sell out for two months at 8,000 seats each performance. That’s the challenge. We’re cutting the number of seats down because we want to keep the proximity for the audience to the stage.

This is going to be just like a real rock and roll tour. Dozens of trucks -- well over 30 -- with staging and equipment will arrive in Las Vegas exactly as it will be when we go off around the world. Two years touring in North America and then another two years of global capitals. A monumental four-year world tour! It’s a huge challenge -- the largest we have ever undertaken, but we’re very excited about it.

RL: I always have to ask the money questions. What will be the cost of both shows?

DL: We’re talking close to $100 million for the two shows -- that’s just for the production. Then the cost of the theaters for both shows will add another $100 million to $150 million.

Daniel invited me to Montreal headquarters to watch rehearsals of the arena show. The present timetable calls for preliminary rehearsals beginning in December and then full rehearsals next summer before the company moves here in early fall.

Since we were sitting together in the Mystere Theater at Treasure Island after watching the 8,000th performance, I asked him why the show seemed the best it’s ever been.

DL: It’s amazing, I could feel the emotion because I met the artists before the show. I know how emotional they were about this 8,000 representation, and I’ve seen the reaction of the public tonight. Standing ovations throughout. What’s amazing to me is that the magic still works. The artists are still excited every performance.

Mystere has made history in the industry of entertainment because no one show of this magnitude has lasted so long. All the other shows that have more than 8,000 representations have duplicates, like The Phantom of the Opera or others with different casts in different places. This is only one show, one cast, one crew and 8,000 performances.

RL: There have been several updates over the years to Mystere. Is that how you ensure that each night looks better than ever before?

DL: That’s the only way. We have an artistic team working here, and every day they train, they try to make their show evolve, and that’s why after 17 years, the show is still relevant.

RL: Phil Ruffin told me a while ago that he’s given the show another five years’ extension here at T.I. Is that your understanding?

DL: That was the first thing that Phil told me when he bought the property from MGM. He said, “Daniel, don’t change anything. I love this show.” We renewed right away for an additional five years. It’s just amazing the occupancy level even in a struggling market. This show is still doing very well. Our house was full, and we still have standing ovations.

RL: Do you think it’s because it was the very first Cirque show and everything that came after was really a child to the parent?

DL: I think that’s what it is. I have people coming to me saying, “Daniel, this is the original.” There is a real extraordinary emotional link between the public, Cirque du Soleil and Mystere. To them, Mystere is the classic that will be around forever.”

Mystere remains in place as the timetable moves forward now for the premieres of the two Jackson shows. It is not a changing of the guard. This is where the proud parent welcomes the new arrivals and makes history all over again.

Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson